• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yugi1818

Smash Cadet
Ok when you are in the modify events menu
in Time Manipulation what is parameter 0 and 1 do?Someone help please

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Ok when you are in the modify events menu
in Time Manipulation what is parameter 0 and 1 do?Someone help please
I think 1 is how much time is slowed and 2 is for how long, or vice versa. (i.e. I made Captain Falcon's Final Smash's parameters 20 and 500, which slowed down time to hardly moving at all for about 22 seconds.)

I still need help...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
so......is pokemon trainer compatible with PSA? i'd like to figure out his hitbubbles

zac_attack_1992

Smash Rookie
Question:

Ok I am new to the whole Project SA and I do not understand it very well but, can someone use the Brawl+ Fits and add for the Pokemon (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charzard) a Down-B move but, only for their independent state and when you pick the Pokemon Trainer still be able to change in between all of the Pokemon? If you can't do that is there away to add a Down-B move to them and they can use it instead of change Pokemon and then when they die change to the next Pokemon?

Thanks,
Zac_Attack_1992

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Question:

Ok I am new to the whole Project SA and I do not understand it very well but, can someone use the Brawl+ Fits and add for the Pokemon (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charzard) a Down-B move but, only for their independent state and when you pick the Pokemon Trainer still be able to change in between all of the Pokemon? If you can't do that is there away to add a Down-B move to them and they can use it instead of change Pokemon and then when they die change to the next Pokemon?

Thanks,
Zac_Attack_1992
I don't know anything about Brawl+ but I'm pretty sure that to give them a Down-B move all you have to do is edit it to how you want it.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Thanks for the links, I will try to figure out something.
What are the "Ratchet and Clank.3DS and .DAE files and textures?"
Umm...you obviously don't know much about Smashboards. Those links weren't for you personally, they were part of my signature. Whenever you see something below that line that separates it from what you wrote, it's your signature, and you can edit yours in Edit Options. What came before that line was me answering your question. Signatures always show up below posts if someone has one. Notice how mine shows up below. (Of course, you can download the files in my signature if you want to, they just weren't part of me answering your question.) Also, signatures do not have to just be downloads, that is just what I chose to do.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering, but what part of Marth / Ike / Link / TL / Zelda / Sheik / a whole bunch of people's final smash make it so you can't shield them? I looked with PSA, and only found a Throw Attack Collision, which I don't understand at all (because the sheer number of parameters freeze my mind). Well, I answered my own question, but my real question is, how can I replicate this for myself? Just setting Shield Damage to FFFF isn't going to do it (I think).

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Just wondering, but what part of Marth / Ike / Link / TL / Zelda / Sheik / a whole bunch of people's final smash make it so you can't shield them? I looked with PSA, and only found a Throw Attack Collision, which I don't understand at all (because the sheer number of parameters freeze my mind). Well, I answered my own question, but my real question is, how can I replicate this for myself? Just setting Shield Damage to FFFF isn't going to do it (I think).
If you skim through the past 20 or so pages Magus listed what the Throw Attack Collision's parameters are. Also, setting Shield Damage to FFFF should work. Try it.

Also, how can I find what number Bones are that aren't on characters. To clarify this, I'm making Electivire through a combination of Model swapping, Animation Creating, and PSA, and I want my moves to follow his Bones, but I don't know numbers they are. If it helps, I know what their names are, just not the numbers.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
If you skim through the past 20 or so pages Magus listed what the Throw Attack Collision's parameters are. Also, setting Shield Damage to FFFF should work. Try it.

Also, how can I find what number Bones are that aren't on characters. To clarify this, I'm making Electivire through a combination of Model swapping, Animation Creating, and PSA, and I want my moves to follow his Bones, but I don't know numbers they are. If it helps, I know what their names are, just not the numbers.
If you look up the bones in the costume .pac with BrawlBox, each bone has a BoneIndex listed. That's what you need.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey i have a question, i'm fairly new to PSA so please bear with me o_o.

So basically, i wanted to make Marth's Utilt to be Marth's Utaunt with an explosive hitbox and graphic effect., and a faster Utaunt. I succesfully switched the animations from Utilt to Utaunt, but that's all i could do lol. I changed the Graphic ID to 3D, the explosive one. But for some reason it's not doing. I figured that he has to hit first with the bone (41), but the sword never hits someone so yeah x.x. I want to make the Utaunt faster, and when his sword hits it's highest peek, an explosion comes around Marth that will hit everyone close. What is the bone for that Explosion? And why doesn't the speed modifier work? I have changed the parameter to 2D0000, because i red that 30000 was one frame. Can someone help me please :(.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord

So basically, i wanted to make Marth's Utilt to be Marth's Utaunt with an explosive hitbox and graphic effect., and a faster Utaunt. I succesfully switched the animations from Utilt to Utaunt, but that's all i could do lol. I changed the Graphic ID to 3D, the explosive one. But for some reason it's not doing. I figured that he has to hit first with the bone (41), but the sword never hits someone so yeah x.x. I want to make the Utaunt faster, and when his sword hits it's highest peek, an explosion comes around Marth that will hit everyone close. What is the bone for that Explosion? And why doesn't the speed modifier work? I have changed the parameter to 2D0000, because i red that 30000 was one frame. Can someone help me please :(.
Frame Speed Multiplier
Set parameter 0 to "scalar", and put in the number you want to multiply the speed of the move by.
IE you would maybe want to put 1.4

For GFX:
if it's in the GFX section: Check and see the size of your GFX. If it's size zero or 1 it might be too small.
if it's in the httflags: I dunno lol, I need to study up on my hitflags. But I'm pretty sure it's not on the hitflags.

MaxThunder

PM Support

... you should try giving a screenshot of what you've done... and if he don't hit people... you probably did something to the hitboxes by mistake... when you made his utilt his utaunt... did you copy what was in every section of the utaunt over to the utilt and remove what was in the utilt?... if you did... you killed the hitboxes... so... get those back(copy from unmodified pac file)... its possible you have to modify the timers a little... so the hitboxes appears the right moment... and on that graphic effect... do you have any size on it? if not... give it some size... and you would want to learn to make hitboxes... for the explosion part... you have to make the hitboxes yourself... their not included in the gfx... i dont know how the speed thing works though...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Can someone give me what each part of the hitbox flags do
The last two numbers are what type of damage it does (i.e. fire, ice, stun, etc.) the rest are SFX for when it hits the opponent, I don't know much about that part, though.

... you should try giving a screenshot of what you've done... and if he don't hit people... you probably did something to the hitboxes by mistake... when you made his utilt his utaunt... did you copy what was in every section of the utaunt over to the utilt and remove what was in the utilt?... if you did... you killed the hitboxes... so... get those back(copy from unmodified pac file)... its possible you have to modify the timers a little... so the hitboxes appears the right moment... and on that graphic effect... do you have any size on it? if not... give it some size... and you would want to learn to make hitboxes... for the explosion part... you have to make the hitboxes yourself... their not included in the gfx... i dont know how the speed thing works though...
You use a lot of ellipses...

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Another part of the flags is whether it hits people in the ground only, people in the air only, or both.

If the new BrawlBox allows you to move around bones in an animation, and during your throws, the enemy follows one of your bones, can you freely manipulate where they fly around during a throw? Maybe if it works, we could restore Mewtwo's uthrow back to its former glory...

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I will make a screenshot. I used the hitbox of Usmash, i just copied them and pasted it on the Utilt. About the size thingy, i don't understand a **** xD. I don't know how big a certain value is. Sorry for my newbieness i'm still new to this...

Here is the picture:

I tried to edit the speed modifier but when i put something like 1.4, it changes back to 0 automatically when i press done x.x. Yes i've put it to Scalar.

MaxThunder

PM Support
You use a lot of ellipses...
yeah... i kinda unconsciously triple tap the dot button all the...

@chileno4live: i have never seen that kind of timer... ever... and the size thing... its one of the things on the graphic effects... um... thingy... just put a number there and see if it comes up...

RocketSlug

Smash Rookie
What's the proper way to call a Time Manipulation?

I tried it under the assumption that the first parameter was degree time slows down and the second was duration of the slowdown, and put it in Pit's couch command so that whenever he crouches time slows down for everything else. But after that activates, sometimes if I grab the enemy while they're slowed they will auto escape and go flying off to death. I thought maybe it's cause I've been messing with my Pit pac, but I tried it on a vanilla pac against an unmodded enemy and same result. Besides the grabbing thing, everything works the way it's supposed to afaik.

And is there a certain way I have to add a set bit/basic command? Sometimes I'll try to add a nop and make it a set bit/basic and try to set a Longterm Basic or RA Bit and when I click done it'll revert to an IC Float or something. If the right bit/value is being set somewhere else, copying and pasting works, but I heard that has filesize issues?

tl;dr: time manipulation and set bit - m i doin it rite?

RocketSlug

Smash Rookie
Well that would explain it, seeing as I'm running B+.

Is there any other way to invoke a slowdown? Like consuming a timer but have a guaranteed chance to get the right effect?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Still after some PSA help on Peach and her Turnips

I have been looking everywhere and posted on Kitty Corp (which incidently, I can't get on, the links all seem broken :x) but I have absolutely no idea what some of this stuff means

I'm looking into the Modify section of the Sub Routine (15E08), paticularly at the:
If Compare: RA-Basic[2] <= 71581.79
and
Generate Item: 5-2000002

but I don't understand any of the various things under Parameter:, mainly because I can't find any definitions of them, the ones I can normally are something under the lines of 'don't mess with these, bad stuff will happen'. Does anyone know what they do?

I can post some images of all the things I don't understand, its mainly terms and various numbers represent and what they do but if anyone would please look into this I would massivly appreciate it

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well that would explain it, seeing as I'm running B+.

Is there any other way to invoke a slowdown? Like consuming a timer but have a guaranteed chance to get the right effect?
Unfortunately, Timers also do Time Manipulation -- in other words, anything that invokes a slowdown functions improperly for BBrawl and B+.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey i got a question. I used the speed modifier in PSA. But whenever i change the parameter to ''scalar'', and i change the number to something like ''1.4'', it automatically changes back to 0 when i press done on that little screen. What's the problem?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Hey i got a question. I used the speed modifier in PSA. But whenever i change the parameter to ''scalar'', and i change the number to something like ''1.4'', it automatically changes back to 0 when i press done on that little screen. What's the problem?
You're using PSA 1.3, right? Try using 0.2.1.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
NVM!

Anyway, i got 2 questions.

#1: I changed one of Marth's taunts with his ''win3'' animation. It switched perfectly. However, that's only for one side. When Marth's facing left, he simply does the ''win3'' animation. However, when he faces right, he starts a T-pose and i can't get out of it. How do i fix this?

#2: I changed Marth's Utilt with his Utaunt, and i gave him an explosion effect. However, how do i make it so the explosion does damage. I think it has something to do with the YZ offsets, but i don't know what those mean and i don't know how big a certain value is in the offsets. IS there a bone for the explosion or something? The graphicID is ''3B''

Please help.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
NVM!

Anyway, i got 2 questions.

#1: I changed one of Marth's taunts with his ''win3'' animation. It switched perfectly. However, that's only for one side. When Marth's facing left, he simply does the ''win3'' animation. However, when he faces right, he starts a T-pose and i can't get out of it. How do i fix this?

#2: I changed Marth's Utilt with his Utaunt, and i gave him an explosion effect. However, how do i make it so the explosion does damage. I think it has something to do with the YZ offsets, but i don't know what those mean and i don't know how big a certain value is in the offsets. IS there a bone for the explosion or something? The graphicID is ''3B''

Please help.
1. Change the other AppealHi/Lw/S to the same thing as the other one.

2. Add an Offensive Collision in Main. GFX don't do damage. X/Y/Z Offsets move where the GFX is.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
1. Change the other AppealHi/Lw/S to the same thing as the other one.

2. Add an Offensive Collision in Main. GFX don't do damage. X/Y/Z Offsets move where the GFX is.
What do you mean the other ''appealHi/Lw/S''? So far as i know, there's only one "AppealS"(I attached it to AppealS), is there another one? What i mean is that if i press, on the D-pad, left, and i am facing left, he's doing the animation. But when i am pressing left on the D-pad, while facing right with Marth, it goes to T-pose.

I'll test tommorow about the graphic effect thingy. I guess i understand that. PSA doesn't look so difficult after you play with it a little bit. Thanks for you reply btw :).

Top Bottom