• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lord of the Rings mafia: Game Over

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

Rules

Fundamentals
1.Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.

2.Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.)

3.Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod. They're amusing.

4.Editing your posts is not allowed.

5.I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.

6.Personally attacking another player is not allowed.

7.You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).

8.Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)

9.You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.

10.You must post in English.

Voting and Lynching
1.Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.

2.To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Tom.

3.No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.

4.The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.

5.After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.

6.There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
1.You are required to post every 72 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.

2.I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.

3.Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

4. Deadlines will be completely removed in mylo/lylo.

Game-specific
1.All roles are assigned entirely at random.

2.There are no third party roles in this game. Just town and mafia here.

3.In the event of a modkill, the Day will typically end if the player being killed is town-aligned and continue otherwise. Deadline extensions and exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.

4.No cursing. I don't want to see anything cruder than dam* here. If you are unsure if something is okay or not, don't do it, because it probably isn't.

Still in the fellowship:
2. xonar Swiss
5. adumbrodeus
6. mccloud
7. tom Chaco
8. macman
9. summonerau Vrael

Bold have confirmed.

No longer in Middle Earth:
Handorin, Glorfindel, Town NPC died N0.
Riddle, Gandalf, Vanilla Townie was lynched D1.
Overswarm, Boromir, Vanilla Townie died N1.
Kirbyoshi, Merry, Vanilla Townie was lynched D2.
xonarSwiss, Pippin, Town Gravedigger died N2.

Replacements:
None.

Town win condition:
You are town aligned and win when all the mafia are dead.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Regardless of additional confirmations, I'm going to start this thing Tuesday morning at the latest.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Here. Claiming bulletproof lover anti-kill townie mason investigator.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
This is taking way too long. For a 9 man, we are going to need tight-knit discussion and activity.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We could do a mass name and ability claim, but everyone has to lie.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Xonar is now bulletproof doublevoting dayvig, because those gifs are such win. :p But yeah, I'm tired of waiting as well. D1 start is coming up shortly.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
One ring to rule them all,
One ring to find them.
One ring to take them all,
and in the darkness bind them.
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

After the fellowship exited Rivendell, they did not make it far until tragedy struck. I don't mean the wargs, orcs, Balrogs, Nazgul and such, those were expected and prepared for. This was something completely unexpected and far more deadly. One night they awoke to the sounds of battle. Suddenly there was a stroke of lightning and all became quiet. Rushing to the scene, they found Glorfindel mortally wounded, and bleeding profusely, with nobody else in sight. As some tried to stop the bleeding, others asked him the obvious questions.

"Who did this to you?"
"Treachery... among the fellowship... surprised me... two of them..."
"And who were they?"
"They were... *dies*"

Handorin, Glorfindel, Town NPC has been struck by lightning and brutally stabbed N0!

How inconvenient.

After burying their fallen comrade, the members of the fellowship looked around at each other. There was only one thing to do, and sad as it was, they'd have to do it now.

D1 starts!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is 11:59 PM EST on June 24th.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Quick note:
Unless Summoner and kirbyoshi confirm their roles and post in this thread by 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, they will be prodded.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Flavor isn't going to be a big deal in this game. Let's play some mafia.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Did you want an epic D1 flavor, or a quick start to the game? I couldn't really do both.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm sure he meant that there are 9 members of the fellowship, and that there are 9 of us, so flavor or name claiming most likely wont be an issue. Also, he's not talking to you, mod! Shut up and let us play! :p

daykill: ignatius
LOOL

vote: overswarm

we decided this pre-game, didn't we? hurr durr i hate you blah blah

Overswarm

is laughing at you
vote: Tom

har har har

Also, here's our character list:

Frodo [hobbit]
Samwise Gamegee (Sam) [hobbit]
Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry) [hobbit]
Peregrin Took (Pippin) [hobbit]
Gandalf the Grey (white maybe?) [maia]
Aragorn [man]
Legolas [elf]
Gimli [dwarf]
Boromir [man]

Hobbits: 4
Maia: 1
Man: 2
Elf: 1
Dwarf: 1

That's 9, and that's our player list. From the flavor, I'm guessing that he's picked people to be enemies out of the group and not simply used them as a nameclaim.

Members of the fellowship that had some act of betrayal:
Frodo
Boromir

Members of the fellowship that could be considered a "group":
-The four hobbits
- Frodo + Sam
-Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli

That said:

If there are three mafia, I think the only possible flavor-based group would be Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli.

If there are two mafia, it'd be Frodo and Sam.

This is assuming he only does anything related to flavor.

From the setup in this game and how obvious it would be if he DID do this... I don't believe our names would mean anything or correspond to much.

In addition to this, Nich has stated publicly in previous threads that he wanted a very simple game before doing something complicated.

As such, it is incredibly likely that we have a vanilla game with a doctor, cop, and 2-3 mafia and the rest of us being vanilla townies.

As this is Nich's first game (I believe), it is possible he erroneously made a mistake in relying on the flavor to determine who is or isn't mafia, so if we lynch aragorn and legolas and they are both mafia, we should lynch gimli next. That sort of thing.

Anyway, let's play some mafia.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Three is the standard in mafia games. Didn't notice the "two of them" part.

In that case, if Nich ****ed up then our mafia would be frodo and sam. I doubt it though.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Also, I still believe that you were right in your first post, that flavor means nothing based on our names. So, your big long analysis is basically worthless.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Also, I still believe that you were right in your first post, that flavor means nothing based on our names. So, your big long analysis is basically worthless.
I made that post first. That's how I came to the conclusion that flavor was worthless. The only way it isn't is if it turns out Nich was relying on flavor to make the game and felt a need for symmetry with the books/movies to give power roles to people like gandalf and make actual pairs mafia.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you made the post first then why didn't you just post it first? Also, you shouldn't need that much to know that flavor is worthless... there are no two good choices for Mafia in the Fellowship - Nicholas could not go by flavor at all.

Also, everyone in this game could have a power role based on flavor.

Top Bottom