• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lord of the Rings mafia: Game Over

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
GUYS, it's a joke referring to a different game I played with Riddle

I thought that would be clear from it being D1.

Geez guys, get it together.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh, Xiivi "clarified" my role as mod for me. :p So I'll be (mostly) quiet now. Anyways,

Vote Count:
overswarm(1): kirbyoshi
xonar():
kirbyoshi():
riddle(1): Summoner
adumbrodeus(1): Macman
mccloud():
tom():
macman(1): Riddle
summonerau(1): Mccloud
Not voting: Xonar, Tom, Overswarm, adumbrodeus

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Macman, are you still in RVS or do you have a serious reason to suspect me, if so why?

@Summoner, joke phase over, i don't care if you missed it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
unvote vote kirbyoshi

The guy is a routine inactive, so he's my vote until something better comes along. He'll be "V/LA" on more than one occasion.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
He's V/LA until Saturday. Why are you pressuring someone who isn't here?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
He'll be pressured when he gets back. How is YOUR vote any different?
I clearly stated that I'd switch my vote the moment something better came along; my vote was merely to accent KirbyYoshi's V/LA status and to reiterate how it was an issue for town in TMNT mafia. This is when he was a power role, mind you.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Well, I appreciate Nicholas stepping in to say I can use it, but the consensus and resulting cluster**** seems to indicate that no one took that as seriously as I did, so I'm willing to drop the subject.

But can we take a look at the part where MacMan gives an awful answer and everyone ignores how incredibly scummy it is? :p

unvote
vote:Macman

McCloud is never wrong. XD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Tom My impression of Nicholas is he probably randomized roles and powers based on the play that I've seen from him previously (I've learned to always attempt to metagame my moderators). As such I see no reason to continue unless we have some evidence that it will be useful in the future, which I doubt. I however, see no problem with a post to explain that it's null in this game, at least at the moment.
It's actually not a good idea to try to metagame the mod.

OS-Tom: OS has a thing for flavor discussion which may or may not be useful and Tom seems to be extremely against it, null tell imo.

Tom-McCloud: I think the FOS was the first forray into serious discussion and it makes me suspicious that McCloud is attempting to take it back now to a degree. You had yet to say anything serious at that point and he FoS'd you, saying it was because you were over-eager.

I don't like McCloud
I like Tom
I have a null read on OS
I have no read on everyone else because they're in silly mode, and while it's understandable, it should stop.

Unvote
Vote: McCloud

McCloud, you said that you FoS'd because he struck you as over eager when he had yet to make a serious post at the time of your FoS, why?
Adumbrodeus, how do you feel now about McCloud?

No

Scummy.

Tom and Cloud are town.
This caught my attention. You can feel that I'm town and you can feel that McCloud is town, but I don't like how you just said we are both town. What about this, then?

@McCloud
Go ahead and do so. If he received his role PM before posting that, feel free to use it as evidence. I'd do it if I were a player, so I don't see why you can't.
Lol.

dunno why you are interfering
Yes.

I'm just making sure it's clear that it's perfectly legal for him to use it as evidence. As a rule clarification, that's part of my job as the mod.
Lol.

OS, I don't really understand why "Hope you don't hand the win to mafia again" was needed. Are you trying to provoke a reaction or do you mean what you say? Do you write people's opinions off as worthless if they have made mistakes in previous games?

Xonar, do to make sure, do you find flavour discuss 'anti-town' or 'scummy'. I know you said scummy in your last post but I see it as anti-town more than scummy.

Tom, I am a heron and I am here to mess up your pots and pans. (I missed the joke period :[)

Vote: Riddle I'm the cop and I have a guilty on him.
You will stay the **** away from my pots and pans. Good first post though.

Heh, Xiivi "clarified" my role as mod for me. :p So I'll be (mostly) quiet now. Anyways,

Vote Count:
overswarm(1): kirbyoshi
xonar():
kirbyoshi():
riddle(1): Summoner
adumbrodeus(1): Macman
mccloud():
tom():
macman(1): Riddle
summonerau(1): Mccloud
Not voting: Xonar, Tom, Overswarm, adumbrodeus
Heh. Lol. You the best Nicholas.

I clearly stated that I'd switch my vote the moment something better came along; my vote was merely to accent KirbyYoshi's V/LA status and to reiterate how it was an issue for town in TMNT mafia. This is when he was a power role, mind you.
I don't like this. You voted Kirbyoshi for inactivity reasons, then Riddle voted him for inactivity reasons, then you chastised Riddle for voting Kirbyoshi for inactivity reasons. You can be as nitpicky as you want stating that you voted him "to accent his V/LA status," and how that makes your vote "different from" Riddle, but no, it doesn't.

vote: Overswarm

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't like this. You voted Kirbyoshi for inactivity reasons, then Riddle voted him for inactivity reasons, then you chastised Riddle for voting Kirbyoshi for inactivity reasons. You can be as nitpicky as you want stating that you voted him "to accent his V/LA status," and how that makes your vote "different from" Riddle, but no, it doesn't.
You don't think there's a difference between putting a single vote on someone because they're inactive and someone else saying "wagon on this guy, gogogo" when he's inactive? It's been posted that he'll literally be away from his PC. My vote says that I'm willing to lynch an inactive if nothing else comes up. Riddle's tries to start a wagon on someone who isn't here. There is a difference.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ill explain better later =D

but its mostly gut
We call that a cop-out...

Not feeling your play atm.

His explanation was reasonable, but the exchange was still odd and smacks of attempting to place suspicion unreasonably on macman, so it could be something he just came up to explain it after the fact.

I currently slightly dislike him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ill explain better later =D

but its mostly gut

His explanation was reasonable, but the exchange was still odd and smacks of attempting to place suspicion unreasonably on macman, so it could be something he just came up to explain it after the fact.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
alright yo

im mad bored and people need to post in this more(@tomothy: i am dissapoint... better not be scum)

brb

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
@Riddle, Macman, Xonar, adumbrodeus: Do you think OS's analysis of the flavor warrants further discussion? Do you think its pro-town or pro-scum or null to discuss flavor? What comments do you have about OS-Tom, or Tom-Wumbo?
Riddle and I didn't follow up on this at all though we have both posted. Why didn't you follow up. Is there a reason you aren't posting as frequently as you were earlier in the game, pgs 1 and 2.

Ok, that makes sense, however I think that was an odd take on what was said during the confirmation phase considering that it expressed frustration at the need for tight-knit discussion when the game starts, and people taking forever to confirm makes that unlikely.

Fair enough.

Overall, it strikes me as a little odd, but your explanation is satisfactory for now.
I don't like that last line of this at all. It's like you're willing to accept his explanation but want to make sure that you show there is still doubt in your mind so you can come back later and shed suspicion on him. I hate wishy-washy statements or statements that aren't concrete.

GUYS, it's a joke referring to a different game I played with Riddle

I thought that would be clear from it being D1.

Geez guys, get it together.
In retrospect, you shoulda let riddle respond =/. oh wellz

@Macman, are you still in RVS or do you have a serious reason to suspect me, if so why?

@Summoner, joke phase over, i don't care if you missed it.
I think it's funny that you are scolding summoner about the rvs. You didn't say the same to Xonar or I when we disregarded discussion and kept talking about unrelated things. Why is that?

Macman, I think we are mostly out of RVS. What does town gain by still talking about this?

Vote:Macman
unvote, vote: kirbyoshi

I'm down for an inactive wagon.
How come you never followed up on your suspicion of me/question to me. You asked a legit question and my actions are arguably a good reason to vote for me. But then you switched to kirbyoshi cuz he's V/LA. Why? Your vote on me was way more solid and could have possibly led somewhere for yu in determining my alignment. But you completely dropped it. Why didn't you follow up/continue pushing?

This caught my attention. You can feel that I'm town and you can feel that McCloud is town, but I don't like how you just said we are both town. What about this, then?
not sure what you're saying here. What's the problem with thinking you both are town as opposed to thinking you guys are both town separately?

So do you think i'm scum or do you just not like how i'm playing. Be a little more concrete in what you are saying. And here it is, something i brought up earlier in the post. You were willing to accept mcclouds explanation but now yur going back and saying yu still don't like it and it's causing you not to like him.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
K, I'm on a different comp now. One that's not stupid. I might have to post on this comp for the rest of the game. Sigh. Shouldn't affect my activity though.

@Overscum: Seriously? I mean, the vote on me AFTER I went V/LA is enough to build on my previous suspicion of you, but then you go off on Riddle for AGREEING with you? Yeah, no. Scummy scum is scummy.

@McCloud: Forget trying to get Mac to explain himself. He never does.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Macman said:
In retrospect, you shoulda let riddle respond =/. oh wellz
While this is somewhat true, "guilty cop results" often lead to quicklynches. If Riddle had not had time to respond, would it still have been ok?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@Overscum: Seriously? I mean, the vote on me AFTER I went V/LA is enough to build on my previous suspicion of you, but then you go off on Riddle for AGREEING with you? Yeah, no. Scummy scum is scummy.
He didn't agree with me at all; his intentions were different than mine.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
That's uncertain to everyone but you and Riddle.

Why are you basing your "routine inactive" opinion of me on one game?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That's uncertain to everyone but you and Riddle.

Why are you basing your "routine inactive" opinion of me on one game?
Because I searched for your activity in other games when I was mafia in TMNT and found you to be incredibly unreliable; in addition to this, you were active on smashboards but not in the game so I felt comfortable enough to bank on a modkill. Which happened.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
@kirbyyoshi The funny thing is, Macman explained himself rather well. He took about 50 posts to do it, but what can you do. :)

unvote

I do agree with his critique of adum, though. I feel like there isn't any leg to stand on as far as mistrusting my intentions if you find my explanation reasonable (and the mod came in to support it, even though he got yelled at for it XD)

Tom, you quoting posts and writing lol doesn't give us very much. Could you elaborate? :p

At this point, I'd like to hear more from Xonar. I don't recall seeing too much depth from him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Riddle and I didn't follow up on this at all though we have both posted. Why didn't you follow up. Is there a reason you aren't posting as frequently as you were earlier in the game, pgs 1 and 2.
My access varied due to lack of a power chord, johns I posted in the code geass game and also the private BBR game that OS is running (that I recently won btw).

I don't like that last line of this at all. It's like you're willing to accept his explanation but want to make sure that you show there is still doubt in your mind so you can come back later and shed suspicion on him. I hate wishy-washy statements or statements that aren't concrete.
You misunderstand, the explanation was reasonable in and of itself, but still not enough to totally defer the suspicion that the odd statements brought about in the first place.

However, since he has provided a reasonable answer there is nothing else to gain from this line of questioning.

I don't think I was wishy washy on this, I out and out said that I slightly dislike his play because of this incident.

I think it's funny that you are scolding summoner about the rvs. You didn't say the same to Xonar or I when we disregarded discussion and kept talking about unrelated things. Why is that?
Summoner was still on stupid mode when everyone else had already had stopped, and I had already told everyone else that it was time to end stupid mode way back when.

where yall at

Weekend, a lot of people have plans, especially tournaments, it happens most games.

@kirbyyoshi The funny thing is, Macman explained himself rather well. He took about 50 posts to do it, but what can you do. :)

unvote

I do agree with his critique of adum, though. I feel like there isn't any leg to stand on as far as mistrusting my intentions if you find my explanation reasonable (and the mod came in to support it, even though he got yelled at for it XD)

Tom, you quoting posts and writing lol doesn't give us very much. Could you elaborate? :p

At this point, I'd like to hear more from Xonar. I don't recall seeing too much depth from him.
Reasonable =/= good enough to remove all suspicion, it's still an odd interpretation of his initial statements and it needed more specifics from the getgo.

But, as I said above, but it's a reasonable enough explanation that it defers the bulk of my suspicion, and since it's consistent there's no point in further grilling you on it.

Agreed on Xonar.

@Xonar, you've been quiet, who do you think is scum.

Riddle

Smash Lord
@Macman

I felt the point I had on you was minor, especially considering the RVS **** Summoner pulled. Plus, by then you clearly were out of the RVS stage, however little you were contributing.

Top Bottom