• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia Mafia | Game Over - Town Wins Yayuhzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
~ Tales of Symphonia Mafia ~​

Welcome to Tales of Symphonia Mafia. This is the 3rd Mafia game I host on SWF and it's based on the ever popular RPG classic Tales of Symphonia (duh). Keep in mind that it's *entirely* based on the first ToS game - you will encounter no elements from the second ToS game "Dawn of the New World". This game should be lots of fun with a well balanced set-up but that you will see yourself ;)

If you have any question feel free to write me a PM or IM me - my IM adress is gheb123.

---​

Helpful Links

Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

---​

[Collapse="Rules "]Rules

Fundamental

1. Thou shalt put no other mods before me, and therefore inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with me, you will let me know privately through PM or instant messaging. Sometimes I will make simple mistakes, as I am human. If you believe this has happened or you have any questions, please address them in the thread in bold.
2. Xiivi is my co-mod. He may regularly vote-count and answer mod questions.
3. Once you have died in the game, you may make one final post, which should consist of 'bah, go town/scum'.
4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread, regardless of whether or not that person is in the game and whatnot.
5. Please do not edit your posts. Edits will be reversed.
6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7. Do not personally attack another player. 1st offense will be given a warning. 2nd offense will have the person either replaced or modkilled.
8. Do not quote any PMs sent to you by me in the thread. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. Doing so will get you modkilled.
9. You are not allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
10. Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text color to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
11. Do not post in code.
12. You must post in English.
13. Do not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen].
14. Do not quote logs of communication with other players.
15. You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
16. Do not post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Gheb.
2. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. Unvote Vote: Xiivi.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. Do not post during Night.

Activity and Deadline

1. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. 3 prods in one Game Day, or 5 prods in the entire game, will result in your replacement if it is D1 or D2, and possible modkill if it is D3 or later. If you have a pre-planned absence, then please notify me ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
2. The players may majority vote for a deadline extension. This can only be done once.
3. Extensions will be given depending on the circumstances, such as an 11th-hour replacement.
4. No one will be modkilled for inactivity should the game be in an objectively identifiable LYLO/MYLO situation unless a modkill is requested by the players.
5. Disobeying any of these rules may result in your mod-kill.

Game-specific

* All roles are assigned entirely at random.
* There are no jesters in this game.
* There are no survivors in this game.
* There are no politicians in this game.
* Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues.
* The town's win condition is: You are Town alligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.[/Collapse]

[Collapse="Players & Information "]Alive:

4.) Dr. Riddler (Macman / Riddle Hydra)
8.) Marhsigio
9.) UTDZac - replaced by frozenflame D4
13.) Chaco

Dead:

11.) Swiss - Magnius, Desian - Lynched on D1
3.) Hilt - Pronyma, Desian - Killed on N1
1.) X1-12 -Forcystus, Desian - Lynched on D2
6.) Sworddancer - Sheena, Cop - Killed on N2
12.) Rajam - Remiel, Cruxis Goon - lynched on D3
2.) Vult Redux - Botta, Vanilla Townie - killed on N3
7.) Blue Yoshi* - replaced by Nix2100 D1 - Dirk, Vanilla Townie - lynched on D4
5.) Thinkaman - Kratos, Town Miller - killed on N4
10.) Tandora - Mithos Yggdrasil, Cruxis Roleblocker - lynched on D5

Events:

Day 1: Start | End
Day 2: Start | End
Day 3: Start | End
Day 4: Start | End
Day 5: Start | End[/Collapse]

:059:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Confirming.

Now would be a good time though to mention that I'm going to be LA from early Monday to Late Thursday. I won't be totally inactive, but I won't be posting much either. Sorry guys.

Hope this is a fun game! :)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
*joins party*

I just wanted to say that although I'm new to this forum and haven't played with you guys before, I've played a lot more than you might think. I'll probably post a lot but I'll try not to accuse much early since I haven't played like 25000 games with you guys and don't know how people act; please don't get mad or frustrated with me.

Looking forward to a great game!

Edit: Are we allowed to edit posts?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Just a heads up, IRL Mafia and Forum Mafia are two different games, haha. Not saying that you're not going to know what you're doing, just thought I'd give a fair warning, lol. I started with IRL mafia as well and had a few problems I played forum mafia, because I went into it thinking they were going to play out roughly the same way.

And nope, no editing your posts :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rule #4 in the OP was fixed. Modkills can still be done in mylo / lylo situations. Inactivity in mylo / lylo however will only result in a modkill if requested by the players

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"Once upon a time, there existed a giant tree that was the source of mana. A war, however, caused this tree to wither away, and a hero’s life was sacrificed in order to take its place. Grieving over the loss, the goddess disappeared unto the heavens. The goddess left the angels with this edict: “You must wake me, for if I should sleep, the world shall be destroyed.” The angels bore the Chosen One, who headed towards the tower that reached up unto the heavens. And that marked the beginning of the regeneration of the world."

The regeneration of the world requires the chosen one and her guardians to pass many trials, fight opposing forces and travel the whole world towards the tower "that reached up unto the heavens" - the Tower of Salvation. This is where the chosen one - after breaking the hidden seals in order to release the summon spirit, after fighting an evil organisation named the "Desians", after suffering loss and pain - will release her powers in order to seal away the evil forces that consume vast amounts of Mana.
Mana is the very source of life - it is no less important to life than water as nothing can exist without Mana. It's what everything that moves - man as well as machine - is driven by. Without it there is no life, no world and no existence whatsoever. It's the duty of the chosen to defeat and seal awaythese evil forces by regenerating the world in order to restore the Mana that is needed to make the world flourish once again - just as it did after the last chosen one successfully regenerated the world.

Unfortunately, not everybody agrees with the idea of regernating the world. Traitors, enemies as well as mysterious people of unknown or everchanging alignment always tried to oppose the journey of the chosen hoping to stop her. What could their motives be and most of all - who are they? Sooner rather than later the chosen herself had to concern herself with these kinds of questions as well.

Day 1 starts!
Deadline is Thursday, August 5th - Noon [CET]
It takes 7/13 to lynch!

Rajam

Smash Champion
vote: Swiss

:o I've seen the next question done in several games so let me do it this time :p
How many online mafia games have you played? This is my 4th one

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Rajam[/B For stealing the RVS vote that I was going to place.

Also, to answer your question, I have played about. . . around 5 games of mafia. I can't remember for sure.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
This mafia game should be exciting. It's my second one ever (to answer your question Raj). I expect to have a lot of fun with this theme btw ;)

In all seriousness:

Vote X1-12

Swiss

Smash Lord
i WAS GONNA VOTE FOR bLUE yOSHI but I just realised I had caps lock on.

I forgot what I was just saying so I'll stick with what I know best.

Vote:Rajam

OMGUS.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Btw Rajam why did you vote me?

Scum have no need to vote for townies - a good townie never votes for a townie. Thus you cannot be townie.

Obv scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
And 'cuz I forgot to earlier - as Thinkaman is new here it'd be pretty rude for us not to check.

Thinkaman, is your quicktopic link working? A lot of the time they stall and you have to get new one. Really screws you up if you don't know how fix it.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Btw Rajam why did you vote me?

Scum have no need to vote for townies - a good townie never votes for a townie. Thus you cannot be townie.

Obv scum.
Btw Swiss why did you vote me?

Obv scum.

...oops, bad logic is bad
Also, RVS

Swiss

Smash Lord
Btw Swiss why did you vote me?

Obv scum.

...oops, bad logic is bad
Also, RVS
RVS is a poor excuse.

Vult is obv town, so don't try that.

We might as well hammer Raj now.

Rajam

Smash Champion
And 'cuz I forgot to earlier - as Thinkaman is new here it'd be pretty rude for us not to check.

Thinkaman, is your quicktopic link working? A lot of the time they stall and you have to get new one. Really screws you up if you don't know how fix it.
Oh you're being rude Swiss, we should address this question to general public:

@everyone: how is your qt link working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom