• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Mafia: El final

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to Community Mafia!

Someone--or some people--have vandalized Señor Chang's moped! And now you have to figure out who's responsible, or else Señor Chang will fail you all!

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Mostly Standard Rules:

Fundamentals
  1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died (or been "eliminated") in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.)
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod. They're amusing.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
  10. You must post in English. Unless you're occasionally posting in Spanish to be amusing, which is okay for this game, I guess.

Voting and Lynching
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Tom. You must unvote before voting another player.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. (I wrote a script to check. Seriously.) An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  3. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.

Game-specific
  • All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
  • All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  • In the event of a modkill, the Day will typically end if the player being killed is town-aligned and continue otherwise. Deadline extensions and exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.

Sample Role PM

You are Señor Chang. You're a vanilla townie. Someone, under the cover of darkness, vandalized your moped last night. You're sure it was one of the students in your Spanish class--they left a note, and some of the words looked like they might have been Spanish, so you're sure of it! Unwilling to leave things up to law enforcement, you're determined to find out who was responsible for this heinous act yourself, even if it kills yo--well, within reason. Unfortunately, you have no special powers to aid you, so you'll have to rely on your, erm, wits. You are town-aligned and win when all threats to town are eliminated.
Players
9. Overswarm (Señor Chang, mafia godfather)
10. Sworddancer. replaces Clownbot (Professor Slater, mafia goon)

Eliminated
3. Vrael (Britta, town nurse), lynched Day 1
12. Gheb_01 (Annie, town nurse), eliminated Night 1
2. SwordsRbroken (Pierce, mafia goon), lynched Day 2
4. Sephiroths Masamune (Abed, jack of certain trades), eliminated Night 2
1. Rockin replaces Tom (Starburns, town nurse), eliminated Night 2
11. Roxy previously known as Dark Pappy Charles (Troy, town nurse), lynched Day 3
6. Ronike replaces Sex Robot (Shirley, town nurse), eliminated Night 3
8. Swiss (Jeff Winger, town nurse), lynched Day 4
5. X1-12 (Buddy, town nurse), eliminated in endgame
7. GorditoBoy69 (human being, town nurse), eliminated in endgame

Replacements
If you would like to be a replacement, PM me. Don't post in the thread if you're not playing.

Role PMs are on their way. After you receive your role PM, please PM me within 48 hours to confirm that you received your role and that you have read and understand the game's rules. I will start Day 1 once I receive everyone's confirmation via PM; after 48 hours, I will look into replacing players who did not confirm.

Do not post in the thread until I start Day 1.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Everybody has confirmed except for X1-12, who posted V/LA. So we'll start anyway.

Ronike replaces Sex Robot.

Day 1 begins.

It takes 7 out of 12 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, August 22 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i was tracking the thread activity intensely because i wanted to get the first post but i began to nurse a serialsly killer headache so i commuted to the pharmacy to get some pills to doctor away the pain but i got pulled over by a cop who was watching the intersection where i made a rolling stop - everyone does it at that intersection, we call it the rolling block

arsonist

Purple

Hi guys!
Sounds like a cartoon story there Tom. Sorry you missed that first post; besides if you were following the rules you probably wouldn't have gotten it anyways :(

X1-12

Smash Champion
i was tracking the thread activity intensely because i wanted to get the first post but i began to nurse a serialsly killer headache so i commuted to the pharmacy to get some pills to doctor away the pain but i got pulled over by a cop who was watching the intersection where i made a rolling stop - everyone does it at that intersection, we call it the rolling block

arsonist

Vote: Tom

he's the SK

scum slip - he doesn't mention vig but he mentions SK, the only role that can't be town aligned

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Swiss, Gordito Boy, Dark Pappy Charles, X1-12... I need to know more about you. Any other games on DGames?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Swiss, Gordito Boy, Dark Pappy Charles, X1-12... I need to know more about you. Any other games on DGames?
I've played in Newbie 7 (both), Taco Mafia and Tales of Symphonia and now Community Mafia.

I hear you love meta, I read MxC mafia and was very impressed with D1 lynch

/buddying

Ronike

Smash Ace
Unvote Vote: X1-12

Reeks of avoiding trouble to me, and its as good as any a place to have my vote atm.

Purple

Hi guys!
'Unintended consequences' along with a few marathon games, the rest are games part of the Disco Room or Epicmafia.com matches.

So are you implying you're going to re-read for potential metagaming?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Vote: Swiss

Guy's scum, I can feel it. He's gonna get his scum buddies to NK you.

(P.s. guys, my quicktopic ain't working, wtfff??).

Only joking, I'm the doc. Only I'm not really, you see?

Clownbot - why vote me? You know how I play as scum, and this is definitely it. Anyone who votes me has to be scum. Or town. Definitely not indie. Unless there are indies here, in which case they might be.

People need to stop getting all uppity doo dah and strat shcum huntin' like me.

Overswarm - you asked me a question, I shall provide an answer. My meta is this:

*gets scum role*

*plays the innocent*

*wins game*

Course that doesn't always work, especially when I'm indie. I suck as indie. Hope that helps. Sometimes I also like to pretend my meta is not what it actually, throwing away games and victories to secure my most final and great victory in Community Mafia. But I shouldn't let you know that.

I had someone written down as scum so I'll have to go find that piece of paper.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
^^^^^ lol. amazing.

swordsrbroken how do you not know what x meant by /buddying. did you read his post? jesus.

on a similar note, ronike what do you mean by avoiding trouble and how is x doing it

dark pappy charles how did you forget 3 games you were in

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I'm not gonna be V/LA (I'll try to be on every day), but my dad took away the computer from me. So I'll try to go to my buddies house every day, using his computer to check up.

Vote: Vrael

He fist pumped my heart.

And @Overswarm, I'm playing Taco and Sonic the Hedgehog Mafia currently.

Ronike

Smash Ace
He's buddying OS, who is trouble if you get him on the wrong side of you, so I wouldn't be surprised if a scumbuddy told him to buddy a bit with OS during rvs. Like I said, not much but its somewhere for my vote to be early

X1-12

Smash Champion
Ronike, thats real naive of you saying that I was avoiding trouble... lol it was RVS

also since there was so much blatant buddying in that post do you think thats all there was to it?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Geez, chill out man, I told ya, its not real much, so why ya freakin out? :D

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
unvote vote: sephiroths

Why wouldn't you want to be serious? RVS isn't exactly the greatest thing in a mafia game. Would you rather me just joke the whole game and just go lololvotepersonA?

Purple

Hi guys!
^^^^^ lol. amazing.

swordsrbroken how do you not know what x meant by /buddying. did you read his post? jesus.

on a similar note, ronike what do you mean by avoiding trouble and how is x doing it

dark pappy charles how did you forget 3 games you were in
@Tom - I was going to make a joke about it being because Cello_Marl was in most of them, making my go brain dead in each game, but really it's just because they didn't come to my immediate memory; must've not been all that important.

unvote : because apparently people are getting serious.

@Swiss - Are you satisfied that you made my brain melt with your last post? I literally wanted to lynch you at least three times after that message ended, now i'm back to my regular oblivious self.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Swiss - Are you satisfied that you made my brain melt with your last post? I literally wanted to lynch you at least three times after that message ended, now i'm back to my regular oblivious self.
It's your own fault for reading it.

Btw I'm breadcrumbing that I'm the Nk activated bomb now.

*I'm the bomb*

unvote vote: sephiroths

Why wouldn't you want to be serious? RVS isn't exactly the greatest thing in a mafia game. Would you rather me just joke the whole game and just go lololvotepersonA?
People need to stop getting all mad at Swords. It isn't his fault he sucks.

@ Swords - You gettin' mad? No-one is antagonising you so I fail to see why your shiny little impish nose is shining so red. Throwin' those votes a round like you're a gorilla with a pile of poo.

Btw now we have all this established, and I for one am happy with our rate of progress, we should all accept that this is, unfortunately, how Swords tries to scum hunt.

X1, try not to get lynched D1 again yeah? Unless you're a moped vanadliser.

Hatin' on Dark Pappy - stop playing the innocent fool card. You ain't no fool. You pro.

Top Bottom