• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Mafia: El final

Purple

Hi guys!
It's not being clever, it's truth. There are town, and there are mafia. Because of that Mafia will lie and manipulate to win, regardless of when. So what that we just got out of RVS? We're out of RVS aren't we? You think mafia has a certain time period where they start lying to town?

Oh, wait I guess we'll wait until tomorrow where the mafia -really- steps it up won't we?

If he sounds like an idiot -still-, can you really take his stance seriously? He's been giving opinions on people's actions way before that.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Dark Pappy Charles;10975715 @Swiss - I'm curious as to when you are going to play serious said:
Hatin' on Dark Pappy - stop playing the innocent fool card.
Soz wat.

Fo' those that were lookin' but not seein' neither my style nor substance has changed, I been puttin out ma feelers.

Swiss do you think joking around like that for long will help you in the long run? What use will the "info" you claim to obtain have when you lose all credibility in the process?
Incredulous I am. Credibility ain't goin' nowhere.

Serious Swiss says: Seriously, every game I play I get mad threats just 'cuz I have a bit of character, sum FLAVAARR. Just because I like to flower my words and nail those apostrophes doesn't mean what I am asking or doing is any less useful. I got me some reads from it, said I don't like Overscum, mentioned the possible distancing between them. Overscum is playing EXACTLY how I played one of my previous scum games even down to 'dragging us out of RVS' I ALWAYS do that as scum (wifom wifom). The dude reeks of it. Now he he's all reasonable back to me saying I'm contributing - just what I'd do O: (no wai). Loltastic -> "Although it is a bit unnerving for you to claim you've got 2/3rds of a scum team figured out before everyone has even posted. Keep it up though." Almost word for word me in Newbie 6 where I WAS SCUM. (Waiting for him to be reasonable yet slightly more aggressive on me)If he doesn't get lynched toDay, he can be investigated/Nk'd (viggai??). I said he FoS'd Vrael twice which he DID. He's more concerned with letting people see him 'scumhunt' than actually doing it.

Dark Pappy, you need to realise when someone has made a good point - don't be hatin'

STILL waiting for Overscum to explain how I'd be a "wasted" lynch when the possibility that I'd flip scum would surely HAVE to be acknowledged were he town.

Right, now that I've had to type properly thanks to half you being unable to read Spanish Swiss inner monologue I can resume.

Swiss leaned back in his chair once mor..JOKES BRUV JOKES. I be mad serious now.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Swiss - I'm curious as to when you are going to play serious, or if this -is- you being serious and you have some sort of gameplan; tl;dr I'm watching you. You have yet to answer the light question that Tom has given you.
How do you know I haven't answered the question he asked, if you said it was too long and didn't read it?

Just curious.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Soz wat.

Fo' those that were lookin' but not seein' neither my style nor substance has changed, I been puttin out ma feelers.

Incredulous I am. Credibility ain't goin' nowhere.

Serious Swiss says: Seriously, every game I play I get mad threats just 'cuz I have a bit of character, sum FLAVAARR. Just because I like to flower my words and nail those apostrophes doesn't mean what I am asking or doing is any less useful. I got me some reads from it, said I don't like Overscum, mentioned the possible distancing between them. Overscum is playing EXACTLY how I played one of my previous scum games even down to 'dragging us out of RVS' I ALWAYS do that as scum (wifom wifom). The dude reeks of it. Now he he's all reasonable back to me saying I'm contributing - just what I'd do O: (no wai). Loltastic -> "Although it is a bit unnerving for you to claim you've got 2/3rds of a scum team figured out before everyone has even posted. Keep it up though." Almost word for word me in Newbie 6 where I WAS SCUM. (Waiting for him to be reasonable yet slightly more aggressive on me)If he doesn't get lynched toDay, he can be investigated/Nk'd (viggai??). I said he FoS'd Vrael twice which he DID. He's more concerned with letting people see him 'scumhunt' than actually doing it.

Dark Pappy, you need to realise when someone has made a good point - don't be hatin'

STILL waiting for Overscum to explain how I'd be a "wasted" lynch when the possibility that I'd flip scum would surely HAVE to be acknowledged were he town.

Right, now that I've had to type properly thanks to half you being unable to read Spanish Swiss inner monologue I can resume.

Swiss leaned back in his chair once mor..JOKES BRUV JOKES. I be mad serious now.
If you're another macman or xonar that just spouts nonsense all the time, you'll need to be lynched eventually because there'll be no reads from you. As such, you'd be a wasted lynch; we'd learn nothing from you save for your own flip. It's always better to go after someone with connections, but town can't leave inactives and nonsensical no-connection posters like Xonar alone. They have to get rid of them, and it sucks, and D2-D3 is always like that.

Basically, think back to any time anyone has ever lynched Xonar. It's always a wasted lynch where people WANT to lynch him, but learn nothing and know this while they do it.

Out of curiosity, is there anything else you've got against me other than I'm "too town" and "play just like you would when you were scum"?

As a side note, if this game ends and you're scum and manage to lynch me for playing "too town" then you deserve a medal.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I got me some reads from it, said I don't like Overscum, mentioned the possible distancing between them. Overscum is playing EXACTLY how I played one of my previous scum games even down to 'dragging us out of RVS' I ALWAYS do that as scum (wifom wifom). The dude reeks of it. Now he he's all reasonable back to me saying I'm contributing - just what I'd do O: (no wai). Loltastic -> "Although it is a bit unnerving for you to claim you've got 2/3rds of a scum team figured out before everyone has even posted. Keep it up though." Almost word for word me in Newbie 6 where I WAS SCUM. (Waiting for him to be reasonable yet slightly more aggressive on me)If he doesn't get lynched toDay, he can be investigated/Nk'd (viggai??). I said he FoS'd Vrael twice which he DID. He's more concerned with letting people see him 'scumhunt' than actually doing it.
Out of curiosity, is there anything else you've got against me other than I'm "too town" and "play just like you would when you were scum"?
It's a legit accusation in my book, especially the bolded part.

:059:

X1-12

Smash Champion
OS said:
Otherwise you're just a wasted D2/D3 lynch.
some people could call this a slip, since the way you say it suggests you KNOW he isn't scum. A scum lynch is NEVER a wasted lynch even if we get very little info from it

Swiss

Smash Lord
Can I have some polish for my medal? (omg scum slip)

Notice how my 'nonsense' has substance, thus I am not a Xonar fail. Also if I have no connections, it would probably be because I am not scum, nor in a masonry cult (omg initiate me).

You're playing scum to me, and have managed to tick pretty much every box on the 'what a scum would do D1' list. Last time I had this feeling it was Adum in LOTR - know what his flip was? O:

Considering this is early D1, you've managed to be the worst scum I've ever seen.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
some people could call this a slip, since the way you say it suggests you KNOW he isn't scum. A scum lynch is NEVER a wasted lynch even if we get very little info from it
I don't know whether or not he is scum. But the lynch itself? Wasted.

Regardless of the outcome, the principle behind the lynch is flawed. Optimum town play doesn't involve players that don't give information. My statement on Swiss was literally that I don't want him to be a macman/xonar type player that just posts nonsense (or nothing at all) because by D2 or D3, he'd be an easy lynch target and his lynch would be worthless to town.

Yeah, he could flip scum. Whoopy ****ing do. I can fire a bullet into a crowd at a supermarket and kill a serial killer too, but that doesn't mean it's the right way to go about it.

Again, a lot of idiots in this game. People thinking they're clever when they are most certainly not.

I want Tom to post more :(

Purple

Hi guys!
Okay OS, lead us almighty leader of leading things because we are all dumb and most certainly not clever in any way shape or form.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think the idea of lynching somebody because of "info" is horrible. It's a very weak cop-out in case you can't (as scum) find any other excuse to push for a lynch. If a player gives you info then he's being useful and should be kept around. If a player is being useless then he either gets lynched or the cop (or another investigator) is supposed to take care of him but lynching somebody for info in no way is helpful for the town and the info is still up to personal interpretation - it can be misconstrued, intentional or not.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Can I have some polish for my medal? (omg scum slip)

Notice how my 'nonsense' has substance, thus I am not a Xonar fail. Also if I have no connections, it would probably be because I am not scum, nor in a masonry cult (omg initiate me).

You're playing scum to me, and have managed to tick pretty much every box on the 'what a scum would do D1' list. Last time I had this feeling it was Adum in LOTR - know what his flip was? O:

Considering this is early D1, you've managed to be the worst scum I've ever seen.
You might want to read my scum games then. ;)

And yes, as stated earlier your nonsense has more substance now. Most of these posts for this page have been people that are still hung up on the beginning posts >_>

Okay OS, lead us almighty leader of leading things because we are all dumb and most certainly not clever in any way shape or form.
How 'bout not thinking most visible = most scummy?

Seriously, look at this and tell me who you don't have a read on:

1. Tom
2. SwordsRBroken
3. Vrael
4. Sephiroths Masamune
5. X1-12
6. Ronike replaces Sex Robot
7. GorditoBoy69
8. Swiss
9. Overswarm
10. Clownbot
11. Dark Pappy Charles
12. Gheb_01

Swiss 18
Overswarm 16
Dark Pappy Charles 14
X1-12 11
Vrael 8
Ronike 6
Sephiroths Masamune 6
Gheb_01 5
SwordsRbroken 4
Tom 4
Clownbot 3
Kirby King 3
GorditoBoy69 2

We have little to no information on:

GorditoBoy
Clownbot
Tom
SwordsRbroken
Sephiroths Masamune

We've got X1-12 whose posts consist of either RVS or unclear voting posts.

Swiss, oddly enough, has become the most informative poster here. You've posted a lot but mostly in reference to me and, in all honesty I'm a pretty safe subject. Vrael is pretty good for now.

So, how about getting some information from the 2/3rds+ that we don't have any info on instead of thinking you're a genius because you say "that guy's scummy" because he's the first one to stand up?

@X1-12

Why did you vote for Ronike, and why did you follow Swiss' instructions?

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't know whether or not he is scum. But the lynch itself? Wasted.

Regardless of the outcome, the principle behind the lynch is flawed. Optimum town play doesn't involve players that don't give information. My statement on Swiss was literally that I don't want him to be a macman/xonar type player that just posts nonsense (or nothing at all) because by D2 or D3, he'd be an easy lynch target and his lynch would be worthless to town.
What. No, I don't follow in any way. Part of this is distracting from the subject and some is just wrong, lynching scum always takes priority over lynching for information. In bold again you are also acting like you know for sure he isn't scum

Yeah, he could flip scum. Whoopy ****ing do. I can fire a bullet into a crowd at a supermarket and kill a serial killer too, but that doesn't mean it's the right way to go about it.
nice breadcrumb there.. also don't use ridiculous analogies like this. its distracting and has nothing to do with the game

Again, a lot of idiots in this game. People thinking they're clever when they are most certainly not.

I want Tom to post more :(
trying to post like you're god won't make me follow you or do what you want... lol....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think the idea of lynching somebody because of "info" is horrible. It's a very weak cop-out in case you can't (as scum) find any other excuse to push for a lynch. If a player gives you info then he's being useful and should be kept around. If a player is being useless then he either gets lynched or the cop (or another investigator) is supposed to take care of him but lynching somebody for info in no way is helpful for the town and the info is still up to personal interpretation - it can be misconstrued, intentional or not.

:058:
What is this?

Lynching someone with connections is ALWAYS better for town than just lynching an inactive or someone with no connections. You get information, leads, and you get to see how their connections went. Yes, the information can be misconstrued; that's mafia. But being able to interpret info after a flip is one of the key components of mafia. That's pretty messed up if you're idea of scum hunting is going off hunches and ignoring any buddying or distancing.

How do you guys feel about killing for inactivity over killing for idiocy?
I prefer replacements, and inactivity kills suck but are a necessary part of mafia. When someone is stone silent and posts the bare minimum and gives us no info, we have no choice but to lynch them eventually.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Names. I want names. Who are the idiots? Gotta be a fair few.

I'd hate to label this as a pathetic attempt to AtE the lynch away from you.

Good grammar doesn't make you more intelligent than other people, FYI.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How do you guys feel about killing for inactivity over killing for idiocy?
Again, idioticy is a subjective interpretation of a playstyle. Overswarm thinks that Macman only writes nonsensial posts. Does that make him an idiot? He has a great scumdar so I still consider him a good player. Every player has his flaws and it's the job of a good town player to not paint him in a bad light for it but to look beyond that.

If somebody is purposfully being unbearble then we should lynch him but why would we assume a townie to play like that?

I'd rather go with the inactive player although discussion about that shouldn't dominate the day. The discussion between Swiss and Overswarm looks very promising and I think it's as good a place to look for scum as any other - even if it's only about people actively avoiding said discussion it will still lead to results we can work with.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What is this?

Lynching someone with connections is ALWAYS better for town than just lynching an inactive or someone with no connections. You get information, leads, and you get to see how their connections went. Yes, the information can be misconstrued; that's mafia. But being able to interpret info after a flip is one of the key components of mafia. That's pretty messed up if you're idea of scum hunting is going off hunches and ignoring any buddying or distancing.
Then at the very least you should be able to explain what kind of information you will obtain from the flip and what conclusions you will draw from them. Otherwise it's just wishy-wash and sadly, it happens in the majority of the "info" lynches that nothing good comes out of it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What. No, I don't follow in any way. Part of this is distracting from the subject and some is just wrong, lynching scum always takes priority over lynching for information. In bold again you are also acting like you know for sure he isn't scum
You must be the world's greatest detective.

Don't mind the fact that I say immediately after that "yeah, he could flip scum, but the methods used to lynch him are inefficient". Might want to forget the basic outline of my idea here, too. Saying "his lynch would be worthless to town" obviously means I'm scum and know his alignment. It couldn't possibly be in the context of me discussing the inefficiency of lynching someone with no connections, a point which has been reiterated half a dozen times now. No, that'd make too much sense. It HAS to be a scum slip. You're a genius, X1. You should work for the FBI or something. You'd be like "YOU ARE A TERRORIST" and they'd say "Me, a terrorist?" and then you'd say "If you took out that comma that would have been grammatically incorrect but would have been an admission that you are a terrorist and now you are under arrest". The president would give you a medal, I think.

nice breadcrumb there.. also don't use ridiculous analogies like this. its distracting and has nothing to do with the game

trying to post like you're god won't make me follow you or do what you want... lol....
It worked for Swiss, puppet.

@Swiss:

your medal in advance:

You only earn it if you're scum and lynch me based on town-like behaviors. No other stuff. Deal?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Then at the very least you should be able to explain what kind of information you will obtain from the flip and what conclusions you will draw from them. Otherwise it's just wishy-wash and sadly, it happens in the majority of the "info" lynches that nothing good comes out of it.

This is true, but I still find your initial statement alarming.

You're a safe subject? Oh. We should back off then.
Low level scum frequently will jump on bandwagons on easy targets. Hated townies, inactives, etc., because it's safe. They are one of many. So far you, Swiss, and X1-12 have all expressed concern for me. I highly doubt you are a 3 man scum team; that'd be far too transparent. But one of you could easily be scum, and no one would attack you for focusing on me because, as I said, I'm an easy target. Visible target is visible. But that's how I like to play.

Ronike

Smash Ace
unvote
vote: Ronike

FoS: Dark Pappy Charles
X1, I typo'd earlier when I asked you to vote Pappy. I meant vote Overscum, will you vote him now for me. Thanks.
unvote
vote: OverSwarm

FoS: Ronike
IGMEOY: Dark Pappy Charles

I feel no need to say more on the situation... BTW, nice OMGUS vote and way to ignore questioning on why.

A: If he is breadcrumbing and you're town, why would you point it out...
B: I highly doubt this is breadcrumbing anyways... No ones stupid enough to breadcrumb vig or a serial killer or a psychologist or w/e he's "breadcrumbing" let alone OS.

He asked you a legit question... Plus this is just how he plays, just like the way swiss plays is the way swiss plays.

So yeah, anyways, why'd ya vote me? And why'd you follow Swiss?

Not all that impressed by you X1, step it up or I'm callin you the play.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Names. I want names. Who are the idiots? Gotta be a fair few.

I'd hate to label this as a pathetic attempt to AtE the lynch away from you.

Good grammar doesn't make you more intelligent than other people, FYI.
List will come later. I don't make scum/dumb lists early in the day for public viewing.

Also, yes it does. Kind of.

<ENG/EDU degree> Good grammar doesn't MAKE you more intelligent, but it is one of the biggest signs of reasoning and logic capabilities. Grammar is essentially a series of complicated rules to follow. I had to take a ENG/EDU course on just that subject and while it was a bit biased, its information came from a myriad of studies over the course of several decades. </ENG/EDU degree>

http://ase.tufts.edu/cogstud/papers/rolelang.htm

Fun reading, not one of the studies.

X1-12

Smash Champion
No, that'd make too much sense. It HAS to be a scum slip. You're a genius, X1. You should work for the FBI or something. You'd be like "YOU ARE A TERRORIST" and they'd say "Me, a terrorist?" and then you'd say "If you took out that comma that would have been grammatically incorrect but would have been an admission that you are a terrorist and now you are under arrest". The president would give you a medal, I think.
firstly I never said it HAS to be a slip, actually read my posts please. Also this entire paragraph has bugger all to do with mafia, why are you so decided on talking about bull****? it benefits town in no way.

@Ronike, you were asking dumb things and voting me a for a ridiculous reason. you also know prove you can't tell whats a joke/what isn't and read anything more than face-value in my posts

Not all that impressed by you X1, step it up or I'm callin you the play
do I look live I give a ****???? its not like you're gonna single-handedly lynch me

Overswarm

is laughing at you
do I look live I give a ****???? its not like you're gonna single-handedly lynch me
So it's gonna be one of those games then, huh?

*puts on ram horns*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This is true, but I still find your initial statement alarming.
Do you actually find it alarming or are you exaggerating? I would accept it if you told me that my statement was disagreeable but "alarming" sounds like a huge stretch. I would find it a lot more alarming if somebody wanted to do an info lynch without any better reasoning than that.

X1-12

Smash Champion
for the record I am now voting overswarm for my own reasons, not because of the swiss being a joker double-voter malarky

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Do you actually find it alarming or are you exaggerating? I would accept it if you told me that my statement was disagreeable but "alarming" sounds like a huge stretch. I would find it a lot more alarming if somebody wanted to do an info lynch without any better reasoning than that.

*facepalm*

I had no idea you guys hated synonyms.

for the record I am now voting overswarm for my own reasons, not because of the swiss being a joker double-voter malarky
So you were a puppet before, but you aren't now? Good, I guess?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Lol, once again, X1 as the epitome of hypocrisy ladie and gentlemen. You accuse me of not being able to tell what's a joke immediately after berating OS for making a joke of a post. Either jokes have no place, or they do, make up your mind.

And on your other point, you couldn't be farther from the truth. I read NOTHING in mafia at face value. I read into the reasons behind making a post. Your initial post had no reason other than to buddy OS, if only a little bit. I decided to take that and see the response I got. And look at what I got, a freakin out noob scum.

And I don't care if you give a **** or not, play well, or get lynched. Right now you're looking **** scummy to me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
*facepalm*

I had no idea you guys hated synonyms.
Things I don't like in this post:

"*facepalm*" - this is condescending and it also dismisses Gheb's legit question as something irrelevant, which its not

"you guys" what is up with this, firstly it was only Gheb who mentioned it but not its us 'guys' who are these people?

"you guys hated synonyms." well actually that's not what he's talking about at all. he's talking about two words which are fairly different, like and love don't mean the same do they?

in like 10 words I've picked out 3 things I hate, including distracting form the topic (Scumtell), Dismissing legit questions (scumtell) and grouping people together for no reason, which I don't get at all

So you were a puppet before, but you aren't now? Good, I guess?
lol, I was pissing about before, actually READ MY POSTS....

Top Bottom