• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania Mafia - Game Over! Mafia and Traitor win!!!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Welcome to my 4th Mafia game in dGames - Castlevania Mafia. This game is not based on any particular Castlevania game but on the series before Castlevania Judgment as a whole. In this game you might meet characters you've already known but you also might come across somebody you've never heard of before. A game for 11 players - 11 characters of the world of Castlevania based on my own liking. Good luck and have fun!

---​

[Collapse="Rules "]Rules

Fundamental

1. Thou shalt put no other mods before me, and therefore inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with me, you will let me know privately through PM or instant messaging. Sometimes I will make simple mistakes, as I am human. If you believe this has happened or you have any questions, please address them in the thread in bold.
2. Once you have died in the game, you may make one final post, which should consist of 'bah, go town/scum'.
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread, regardless of whether or not that person is in the game and whatnot.
4. Please do not edit your posts. Edits will be reversed.
5. Do not personally attack another player. 1st offense will be given a warning. 2nd offense will have the person either replaced or modkilled.
6. Do not quote any PMs sent to you by me in the thread. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. Doing so will get you modkilled.
7. You are not allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
8. Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text color to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
9. You must post in English.
10. Do not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. This includes the use of your character's image as an avatar
11. Do not quote logs of communication with other players.
12. You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
13. Do not post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Gheb.
2. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. Unvote Vote: Xiivi.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.

Activity and Deadline

1. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. 3 prods in one Game Day, or 5 prods in the entire game, will result in your replacement if it is D1 or D2, and possible modkill if it is D3 or later. If you have a pre-planned absence, then please notify me ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
2. The players may majority vote for a deadline extension. This can only be done once.
3. Extensions will be given depending on the circumstances, such as an 11th-hour replacement.
4. No one will be modkilled for inactivity should the game be in an objectively identifiable LYLO/MYLO situation unless a modkill is requested by the players.
5. Disobeying any of these rules may result in your mod-kill.

Game-specific

* All roles are assigned entirely at random.
* There are no jesters in this game.
* There are no survivors in this game.
* There are no politicians in this game.
* Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues.
* The town's win condition is: You are Town alligned and you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
* To confirm your role PM you must send me a confirmation via PM.
[/Collapse]

[Collapse="Players"]Alive:

5. InferiorityComplex
6. Edreesespieces
8. Swiss
9. Airgemini
11. Zεη

Replacements:

Dead:

10. Dark Horse - Sypha Belnades, Town Mason Recruiter // lynched Day 1
1. smargaret - Simon Belmont, Town Bodyguard // killed Night 1
4. S.O.L.I.D. - Jonathan Morris, Vanilla Townie // lynched Day 2
3. Cello Marl - The Ferryman, Independent Warlock // killed Night 2
2. giraffelasergun - Soma Cruz, Town Traitor // lynched Day 3
7. X1-12 - Nathan Graves, Vanilla Townie // killed Night 3

Events:

Day 1: Start | End
Day 2: Start | End
Day 3: Start | End
Day 4: Start | End
[/Collapse]

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
One thousand years have passed since the first awakening of the king of vampires, Count Dracula. Time and time again he has been slain by humans, who aimed to stop him from making his cruel intentions come true - to subdue all humanity and to sink the whole world into chaos, over which he reigns. It were mainly the members of the Belmont family, who were fated to oppose the Count and to destroy him - many a time this included sacrificing their own lives in the process. Each time their quest to banish Dracula and his evil minions succeeded however, he was attempted to be revived by the hands of other humans - mainly sects, who longed for the world to end. And so a fateful cycle started, a never ending battle between the humans, who wanted to safe the world - and the king of evil himself, Count Dracula.

Many battles have been fought in those thousand years and yet the evil always remained alive, no matter how hard humans tried to banish it from this world...

A thousand years later things weren't quite the same, as one night on the horizon Dracula's castle appeared once more.

The sky was overcast in black. Darkness has enfolded the world once again just like it did a thousand years ago and many, many times between that. Time has stopped as Count Dracula once again descended from his grave - as did all the great heroes that have defeated him in the past. A thousand years after Dracula was born he - alongside countless minions - was revived more powerful than ever, ready for the final showdown against the united power of all those who used to be his enemies and those who try to stop him once and for all.

Day 1 begins!
Deadline: Friday, 29th October!
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Not voting:

Smargaret, Xastrn, Ryker, S.O.L.I.D., InferiorityComplex, EdreesesPieces, X1-12, Swiss, Airgemini, Dark Horse, Zen;

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dh1qqLbuBww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dh1qqLbuBww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
< Confirmed for Evil Hax >

Swiss

Smash Lord
. S.O.L.I.D., InferiorityComplex, Airgemini, Dark Horse

What experience do you have of mafia? Who here have you played with before? What do you know of the flavour? How many scum do you think there will probably be in this game?

X1, are you town?

Zen, are we holding hands?

Darkhorse edited his post (#7). @ mod Will this result in a modkill? In breach of 'fundamental' rule#4. Dark Horse have you read the rules? If yes, are we to expect you to skim repeatedly in this game? If no, why no consideration for the rules?

Vote Dark Horse

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dark Horse's edit didn't change any content. He edited his post to bold his vote. Therefore there will be no modkill or any other consequence. Don't do this in the future anymore however. It's perfectly acceptable to double post in a mafia game for that purpose.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I've been in 4 LoD games and this is my second Dgames mafia experience. I literally just got finished with my last one. Out of this roster, I've only played with Zen. Which was the game that had just ended. Judging by the amount of people I'd guess 2-3 scum. Seems to be standard in most games.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Air what do you feel you learnt from that game? How will this help you here? What aspect of your play was the main cause of your lynch?

@ Dark Horse - Questions traditionally require answers. Especially my questions.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well, I feel I have some general knowing of Zen's town play. Being that the game has recently ended it's still fresh in my mind. Of course, him playing the same way (if he does) won't automatically clear him for me. Generally, I'm not as active or don't play as people like so I generally get lynched. Obviously I'm working on it but that's just me.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami

What experience do you have of mafia? [/COLOR]
First game.

Who here have you played with before?
No one.

What do you know of the flavour?
I'm not sure what you mean by flavor. Thread-specific mafia rules? The theme?

How many scum do you think there will probably be in this game?
Around 3-4

Oh and forgetfulness isn't exactly a telltale sign for detecting scum >_>

Swiss

Smash Lord
It's your first game? Take my wanting you modkilled back then. Apologies.

Yes, 'flavour' is the theme of the game, in this case Castlevania.

If you have any game mechanic questions I'll answer them independently on my thoughts on people, this was invaluable to me in my first game.

I assume you have your Quicktopic working?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
@X1-12 I remember in Oddworld you kept insisting that Swiss should know when you are scum and u were right, swiss himself was scum and you weren't. How valid do you think it is to use Swiss' reads on you as meta to help determine whether one of the two of you are scum?

Life

Smash Hero

What experience do you have of mafia? Who here have you played with before? What do you know of the flavour? How many scum do you think there will probably be in this game?

X1, are you town?

Darkhorse edited his post (#7). @ mod Will this result in a modkill? In breach of 'fundamental' rule#4. Dark Horse have you read the rules? If yes, are we to expect you to skim repeatedly in this game? If no, why no consideration for the rules?
I'm here.

This is my first game of Mafia (you'll notice in the signup thread I asked if any Newbie Mafias were running soon). I'm reading various completed games to see how people play--gotta catch up with the vets after all!

I'm not massively familiar with Castlevania but I understand the general idea of what goes on (and I can look up anything if I need to know it).

How many scum?... there's 11 players.

Assuming two kills per cycle (so no vig/SK) and 2 mafia, we have 3 missed lynches before it becomes lylo.

Assuming two kills and 3 scum, we'd be in lylo after two missed lynches.

Assuming two kills and 4 scum, we'd be in lylo after one missed lynch. Seems a little extreme.

I'm not sure how the math works out when a vig/SK gets involved.

So to me, 3 scum seems most likely. Given the likeliness of a killing role (I haven't seen a decent-sized mafia without a vig or SK) it could be more or less.
(someone tell me if my math is wrong)

----------------------------------------

@Swiss: Why'd you ask X1 if he's town? Seems a little odd, given that he'd be stupid to say anything but "yes".

One thing that struck me while reading over one of the other mafias (Villains I think?) was that dastrn claimed he was gonna try a new, more-aggressive style of play. As it turns out, he was trying to cover future scumminess and got lynched. Swiss, you made a similar post in the signup thread--in which, I might add, you basically asked for a scum role. Why was this? You'd be practically asking to get yourself lynched, which, with the exception of jesters and whatnot (which gheb confirmed we don't have), would be detrimental to your team, whether scum or town. Your play is very odd.

Mild FoS: Swiss

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yes, 'flavour' is the theme of the game, in this case Castlevania.
At it's simplest, The Belmonts and friends vs. Dracula.

If you have any game mechanic questions I'll answer them independently on my thoughts on people, this was invaluable to me in my first game.
Okay, will do.

I assume you have your Quicktopic working?
Yes, I have. Wait, does everyone have a quicktopic?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Mm. Your maths seems accurate.

I play with X1 a lot, I know his play styles, we've played under the same name and have discussed lots of mafia with each other. It's not what he'd answer (yes), but how he'd answer. It's also an opportunity for me to tell him what to do.

Roles are assigned randomly, thus my asking for a scum role pre role PMs is irrelevant. Do you think any town player would lynch me for a statement made before I received the role?

Life

Smash Hero
I got my role PM before you posted that (or at least before I saw it) IIRC. Of course, we don't get them all simultaneously, so that's pretty meaningless.... /insight on the X1 thing tho.

Consider my FoS removed.

Life

Smash Hero
EBWOP @Swiss re: DH (lol abbreviations): I generally will try to reserve judgment on scumminess unless/until I see something. I think the QT thing is lulzy; given that I didn't know what QT was until a few minutes ago I don't know how scummy it would be to say you had one (I don't know what the precedent is for that). Since DH apparently has one, that's pretty noobscum. I'll be paying attention, but for that reason, no vote yet.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Fancy me do you?

Vote: Zen
ofc you would.
How could I resist that furry little hand.
Well, I feel I have some general knowing of Zen's town play. Being that the game has recently ended it's still fresh in my mind. Of course, him playing the same way (if he does) won't automatically clear him for me. Generally, I'm not as active or don't play as people like so I generally get lynched. Obviously I'm working on it but that's just me.
Dude, voting and expressing your thoughts is a part of the game. It's mafia, you don't just sit back and watch what happens. It's not something you need to work on, just do it....

Top Bottom