• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D&D Mafia -- Game over! Mafia wins!

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Mafia!

We'll start the game as soon as all roles are confirmed, but in the meantime, here are some rules. READ THEM ALL OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!!!

Fundamental

1. Thou shalt put no other DM’s before us, and therefore inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with us, you may let either of us know privately through PM or instant messaging. Sometimes we may make simple mistakes, as we are human. If you believe this has happened or you have any questions, please address them in the thread in bold.
2. Mayling and McFox are serving as your DM’s. However, we will be running the game officially through our hydra account, McMaymays. Therefore, all night actions, records of communications, etc., should go to that account, not to either of our separate accounts.
3. Once you have died in the game, you may make one final post, which should consist of 'bah, go town/scum'.
4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread, regardless of whether or not that person is in the game or not.
4a. This rule does not end when you die. If you die in this game, you are still not to discuss it with anyone for any reason.
5. Please do not edit your posts. Edits will be reversed.
6. We reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7. Do not personally attack another player. 1st offense will be given a warning. 2nd offense will have the person either replaced or modkilled.
8. Do not quote any PMs sent to you by us in the thread. This includes any additional PMs we may send to you outside of your role PM. Doing so will get you modkilled.
8a. You are allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
8b. You may post information from your character sheet in the game thread, however, you may not post any pictures you receive in your role PM. You may describe them if you wish. You may not post metadata about the pictures (the URL, where it came from, etc.).
8c. Do not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen].
8d. Do not post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8e. This game draws from many different source materials. If you feel there is something present in the game which contradicts Dungeons and Dragons canon, you may privately PM us about it. For example, you receive a role PM that says you are a Lawful Good Druid, yet you know Druids have to be Neutral on at least one axis. You may ask us about this. However, our word is law, and if we decide that you are indeed a Lawful Good Druid, then that is what you are for the purposes of this game.
9. Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text color to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
10. Do not post in code.
11. You must post in English.
12. Do not quote logs of communication with other players.
13. To prove you have read the rules, please quote rule 4a and rules 8a-e and PM them to the DM. The game will not start until all players have done this.
14. You may privately notify us via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Player X.
2. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. Unvote Vote: Player Y.
3. “No lynch” is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. No one is allowed to post during Night.

Activity and Deadline

1. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. 3 prods in one Game Day, or 5 prods in the entire game, will result in your replacement if it is D1 or D2, and possible mod-kill if it is D3 or later. If you have a pre-planned absence, then please notify us ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
2. The players may majority vote for a deadline extension. This can only be done once in the game. Please bold these votes. Vote: Extend Deadline
3. Extensions will be given depending on the circumstances, such as an 11th-hour replacement.
4. No one will be mod-killed for inactivity should the game be in an objectively identifiable LYLO/MYLO situation unless a mod-kill is requested by the players.
5. Disobeying any of these rules may result in your mod-kill.

Game-specific

* All roles are assigned entirely at random.
* There are no jesters in this game.
* There are no survivors in this game.
* There are no politicians in this game.
* Mod-kills only end days if the player being mod-killed is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues.
* The town's win condition is: You are Town-aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Player List!

1. Cello_Marl
2. Nabe (-> replaced giraffelasergun)
5. Delvro
6. smargaret
7. Tandora
9. th3kuzinator
10. Ryunnosuke

-Replacements-
1. X1-12

-Deaths-
8. J, the town Wild Elf Fatespinner Fortune Teller is lynched D1!
Day 2 begins with no one dead!
12. SummonerAU (-> replaced Soupamario), the town Dwarf Dwarven Defender Protector is lynched D2!
13. Toastin Walrus, the town Halfling Ghost Walker Medium is killed N2!
3. Dark Horse, the town Warforged Mastermind Recruiter is modkilled D3!
4. Frozenflame751 (-> replaced BunBun), the town Anthropomorphic Lion Divine Emissary Law Enforcement Agent is killed N3!
11. Rockin, the town Kenku Shade Hunter Lie Detector is killed D4!
1. Cello_Marl, the town Universal Backup of J, the Wild Elf Fatespinner Fortune Teller, is killed N4!
2. Nabe, the town Rakshasa Blighter Miller; 5. Delvro, the town Drow Bloodhound Tracker; and 6. smargaret, the town Lich Archmage Bulletproof Hated Townie are endgamed!

-Winners-
7. Tandora, the Gnome Cognition Thief Thief; 9. th3kuzinator, the Half-Orc Menacing Brute Roleblocker; and 10. Ryunnosuke, the Genasi Shadowcrafter Redirector win!

Toastin Walrus

Swiss|GorditoBoy69
Cooooooooooooolio!

Can't wait ta hydra with Gord. I hear he's a beast hydra amirite?

Hurr durr.

Toastin Walrus

Swiss|GorditoBoy69
Swiss said:
>_________>

That wasn't me.
O rly?

@J and Bun Bun no matter how much I hate when Cello does this, he has a point. DID you read the rules and find out how to confirm? Cuz that's not the way.

McMaymays

McFox|Mayling
Players in magenta in the player list have confirmed their roles. Cello brought a security problem up with the old character sheets, so I have issued new ones. The new ones should be fine.

For Toastin Walrus, whichever one of you (Swiss or Gordito) who did confirm, please make sure the other one of you has read the rules as well.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I did though ;_;

I even got the corrected sheet thingy and confirmed to that. Ah well i'll just go double do it.

smargaret

Smash Rookie

I will be V/LA for the 23-28 - Tuesday through Sunday of next week. It's Thanksgiving and among the people I'm visiting are those relatives who don't have wireless. Also, I'm not at all sure that the other relatives we're visiting do, but I will do my best to post something during that period.

/confirm

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Omg, I hope J doesn't have a posting restriction this game. XD

Also, I had no idea GLG was Peekajoo! o.o

Looks like this is gonna be a good game. <3

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
/confirming

This is my first time playing forum mafia guys, so be nice :)

First question, what is a hydra account/hydraing etc.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
えええ?! ピークユダヤですか?ほんとですか?おげんきですか?キリンレーザーガンと言う馬鹿です~ キ リンレーザーガンと言うばかです~。冗談です。=3
Modkill mod.

Top Bottom