• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! This is Halloween! Town Wins!!!!!!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Hello to one and hello to all! Welcome to The Nightmare Before Christmas Mafia! I had been wanting to host a game for the longest time and I thought why not make a mafia game based of my favorite Christmas movie of all time? Consider this my little present to all of you. This set-up I can only describe in one word....unique. I really do hope you all enjoy the setup! It is my first crack at being a mod so I am the n00b once again haha. I will try my best and I have two lovely co-mods helping me out. This game was made for your enjoyment so kick back and relax while playing. Or go full into it and duke it out trying to find mafia. Really it is up to you how you play. There will still be an MVP at the end of the game. The mechanics are pretty standard but at the same time they are not. Just try and have fun! This game is going to be littered with music and quotes from the movie and death scene flavours and gah I just cannot wait. This game is based entirely off of Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. If you have not seen the movie or listened to any of the tracks I suggest you do.

[Collapse=Rules]
Rules:
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others! (This includes personal attacks!)
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
2) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out!
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed!
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM!
¤ First strike is a Warning, next offense is a Modkill!
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words!
¤You will receive an immediate modkill upon this offense. You have been warned!
6) Once all role PMs have been sent, please confirm by confirming in the thread.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME".
8) You are required to use the Unvote command. Use it like so "Unvote:".
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of ten days. May be shortened to appease the amount of people
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of three days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by two days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done once over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a variable period. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
16) After your death you are allowed to select one of the following as a following remark:
“This is Halloween!”
“Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws.”
“What’s this?”
Or a normal “bah go town.” post
17) A) You are expected to maintain a healthy level of activity in this game. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mods ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
17) B) You will receive a prod every forty-eight hour period you do not post without note of V/LA.
17) C) If you go for a period of seven days without posting or acknowledging prods, you will be replaced or modkilled at the moderators discretion.
17) D) The seven day grace period will be shortened by one day, to a minimum of three days, for every two prods you receive.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid using HTML. Colors MAY be used because I love them. Do not use Spoiler tags, or anything annoying to try and hide information or crumb stuff.
20) You may ask questions to the game moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code, hidden text, or languages other than English.
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.
23) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations, after all it's only the playerslot talking to itself.
24) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
25) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
26) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
27) Any and all technical data (including PM ID#, Time Sent, View Count, etc...) is considering private information and cannot be quoted or referenced.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.

Special Information
1.) Roles were assigned at random
2.) I confirm the absence of silly roles such as Jesters, Survivors, Tree-Stumps, Contract Hitman, Rouge, Politician, Governor, or Mime
3.) There may be indies and there may not be~ Who knows knowing me.
4.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
5.) I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
6.) I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
7.) I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
8.) Probably the most important rule of them all. Do NOT get flavour crazy. You will get burned.
9.) Knowledge of the movie is very helpful! Watch it anyways. It’s really fantastic.
10.) Each mod has a designated color in which they are to post in. Do not post in these colors unless you are directing the MOD(s) attention. J will be using Plum. rPSI will be using Red. Praxis will be using Dark Green.[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Sample]

Hello! You are Corpse Kid, Town Vanilla! You are the cute little kid of the town that runs around being the little bulb of sunshine. You are walked around like a dog on a leash however by your mother o_O. Child abuse much but eh it's Halloween Town.

Passive Abilities

You have none.

Active Abilities

You have none.

Win Condition

You are town aligned and win when all threats to town have been knocked out! This is Halloween!
[/collapse]

Player List

3.) TigerWoods
5.) X1-12
12.) Cello_Marl
13.) MentosMan8
18.) Sephirothis Masumune

Replacements:
1.) th3kuzinator
2.) BSL
3.) EdreesePieces
4.) Riddle
5.) Glyph
6.) GERTY (a.k.a. Roxy)

Kidnapped/Knocked out:
17.) Rockin, Helgamine , Town Neighbor, Knocked Out D1!
9.) I voted Yes on Spear Pillar, Harlequin Demon, Town Vanilla, Kidnapped N1!
16.) -Joey-, The Hanging Tree, Town Vanilla, Knocked Out D2!
4.) BSL, Zero, Town Tracker, Kidnapped N2!
10.) Meta-Kirby, Oogie Boogie, Mafia Godfather, Modkilled D3!
7.) Riddle, Barrel, Mafia Prankster, Knocked Out D3!
6.) Swiss, Mayor, Town Crier, Kidnapped N3!
14.) Zen, Behemoth, Town Actor, Knocked Out D4!
11.) Gordito, Clown with the Tear-Away-Face, Town Vanilla, Modkilled D4!
8.) Two Pichus One Pic, Doctor Finklestein, Town Paranoid Doctor, Kidnapped N4!
15.) Glyph, Lock, Mafia Schemer, Knocked Out D5!
1.) th3kuzinator, Jack Skellington, Town Loving Naive Cop, Kidnapped N5!
2.) Tandora, Sally, Town Loving Fortune Teller, Chased after Jack N5!

Co-Mods:
Are-Sigh
Praxis

Important Posts:

Night 0 Beginning
Day 1 Beginning
Day 1 Secret Message!
Day 1 End
Day 2 Beginning
Day 2 End
Day 3 Beginning
Day 3 Modkill
Day 3 Secret Message!
Day 3 End
Day 4 Beginning
Day 4 Special Vote Count!
Day 4 End
Day 5 Beginning
Day 5 End
Day 6 Beginning
Game over!

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Christmas is Chuckie's favourite time of the year!!! Wii have presents to go around for all

Wii propose this be the theme song to our game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vdENpeREZg

Chuckie likes to dance around the christmas tree to this serenading tune :chuckle:

Also wii have a question @Mod: The sexy half of Chuckie often likes to post in plum to differentiate posts between the two heads. Wii will not do this if you do not wish, but wii have done it in the past, and plum is a tasty colour (curiously why aren't you using pink??)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The color plum may not be used since it is a Mod designated color. Sorry for any and all discontent this brings. I am using Purple because of the flavour ;D

Swiss

Smash Lord
Hahaha!

How many times have you two beaten me again?

Newbie6 - Swiss Scum slaps Kat and Vanz about. Wins the game.

Pikmafia - Swiss Scum kills both Kat and Vanz in the FIRST NIGHT.

Pikmafia part#2 - They come back as Chuckie, Swiss Scum lets them live until LyLo, where he gets them mislynched. Wins the game.

Halo mafia - Swiss Scum laughs at your attempts at vengeance and night kills you - turning your henchman Zen into nothing but putty in his Cheesy hands and feeding him to the town. Wins the game.

You guys sure do have a good track record against me. Lol I'm probably scummin' you up as we speak.

OH MY GOD POLICY LYNCH ME.

/inb4igetmyrole

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Amendment to the rules:

any use of Sue will be an automatic faction loss.
:awesome:

/confirm co-mod

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
FF7 Remix? I don't see J or Tiger in either of those.

Also I think we should lynch Cello when this starts.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Zen said:
FF7 Remix? I don't see J or Tiger in either of those.
Huya huya!

Tiger = Sue (Tiger/ZV hydra), and J replaced for Chaco.

Zen said:
Also I think we should lynch Cello when this starts.
Chuckie's in this game.

So Swiss is scum.

Policy lynch.

For srs.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I see I see. Wow that was a crazy looking game. Tiger did not know he was scum? Tiger have you been in any other games other than that since Mario Kart?

Also Gordito I would agree with you haha, but Swiss is probably town. You disagree with me on Cello then?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Confirmed.

I'm at a friends this weekend before going home for winter break. I haven't seen this movie, guess I'll watch it with family during the break :)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You didn't answer me though :o

you disagree?

And I meant due to chance, not by anything he's said. So yes I'm serious >.<

Top Bottom