• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hello & welcome to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Mafia!*

[collapse=Rule Set]Rules:
1) Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
¤You will receive a non-negotiable warning for your first offense [forced replacement pending] and immediate forced replacement upon second offense.
2) The Game Moderator is Xiivi and all official information and rulings will come directly from the Game Moderator. Any appointed Co-Moderators by the Game Moderator may do so as well. Jungle and Evil Eye are currently the only two appointed Co-Moderators.
3) Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will be reversed.
4) If you are allowed to communicate with another player outside of this thread, then please follow the communication instructions within your role PM. If there are no specific communication instructions within your role PM then you are unable to converse with any other person about this game with exception of the Game Moderator and Co-Moderators. This includes anyone you believe to be a non-player and anyone you believe to be dead and/or removed/replaced from the game. This applies while you are living, dead, and/or removed/replaced from the game. You do not have full knowledge of the mechanics of the game and thus should not assume you are free to communicate outside of these instructions or those in your role PM. These communication rules last until the game's conclusion.
¤You will receive a warning [modkill pending] for your first offense and immediate modkill upon second offense.
5) Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator unless your role PM explicitly states you can (in which case follow the instructions in your role PM). You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words.
¤You will receive an immediate modkill [pending review] upon this offense.
6) Your ability to follow [or ability to contact the Game Moderator for clarification] the rules and any instructions in your role PM serves as your confirmation for this game. There is no official confirmation phase. Please see the disclaimer at the bottom of this post.
7) All votes must follow the format of "Vote: NAME" and be easily noticeable. Typos, errors in the format, and awkward placement will be counted at the Game Moderator's discretion; the Game Moderator will not answer if something will or will not be counted. All official Vote Counts will serve as the answer to whether or not something is counted.
8) You are not required to unvote, however if you do, then please use the format of "Unvote:". The same rules for counting unvotes apply as per votes outlined in Rule #7.
9) No Lynch is a valid vote target.
10) A lynch will occur when a majority of votes has been reached.
11) If a majority has not been reached at deadline, then No Lynch is forced as the lynch target.
12) A) Deadline for the Day Phase will equal a time of ten days.
12) B) Deadline for the Night Phase will equal a time of two days.
13) During any day phase a player may perform the command "Request: Deadline Extension". The deadline will be extended by five days if a majority of players perform this command. This can only be done thrice over the course of the game and the deadline will not be extended for any other reason; including site error. It is expected players will be aware of all deadlines [regardless of placement or frequency of posting] and will accommodate and be prepared for any such interference.
15) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a variable period; minimal of 24 hours. All living players including any lynch targets will be allowed to communicate in thread until a Night start scene is posted.
16) After your death and/or removal/replacement from the game you are not allowed to post in the game thread until the game has concluded.
17) A) You are expected to maintain a healthy level of activity in this game. If you have pre-planned absence, then please notify the game mod ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
17) B) You will receive a prod every sixty hour period you do not post without note of V/LA.
17) C) If you go for a period of seven days without posting or acknowledging prods, you will be replaced or modkilled at the Game Moderator's discretion.
17) D) The seven day grace period will be shortened by one day, to a minimum of three days, for every two prods you receive.
18) Failure to adhere to rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
19) Please avoid coloured font (including transparent or background-matching colours) in your posts. All colours used in this post are strictly forbidden for use as they are the colours the game moderator will be using.
20) You may ask questions to the Game Moderator using the command: "@Mod: ___". The Game Moderator will answer questions with the command: "#Mod: ___".
21) Please do not post in code (such as javascript, binary, etc...), hidden text (this does not include spoiler tags or collapse tags) , or languages other than English.
22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.
23) Hydras may freely quote text logs of conversations. However, hydras are illegal in this game.
24) You may not quote logs of communication with other players if your role PM allows you to communicate with other players outside of this thread. You are free to paraphrase.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
25) If you have an issue with any of these rules you may privately appeal for a rule's removal via PM.
26) You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
27) Any and all technical data (including PM ID#, Time Sent, View Count, File Name, etc...) is considered private information and cannot be quoted or referenced. A colour in your role PM is not technical data.
¤This offense will result in an immediate modkill.
28) Modkills during the Day Phase end said phase, skipping the Twilight Phase if the player is Town-aligned.
29) Punishments not outlined previously but still applicable at the Game Moderator's discretion include both black-listing from future games as well as your win condition being changed to that of survival after your death.[/collapse]

[collapse=Players & Lists]Official Player List:
1. adumbrodeus
2. BeatStick
3. Cdubs1987
4. frozenflame751
5. Glyph Ranmaru
6. Gordito giraffelasergun
7. Luxor
8. Nabe
9. Nicholas1024
10. Overswarm
11. Rajam
12. Raziek
13. Red Ryu
14. Vult Redux
15. X1-12 Fire!
16. Zεη

Living Player List:

2. BeatStick
6. Gordito giraffelasergun
9. Nicholas1024
10. Overswarm
11. Rajam
12. Raziek
13. Red Ryu

Dead Player List:
14. Vult Redux
16. Zεη
7. Luxor
3. Cdubs1987
5. Glyph Ranmaru

Removed Player List:
1. adumbrodeus
8. Nabe
15. X1-12 Fire!
4. frozenflame751

Replacement Pool:
1. giraffelasergun
2. Ranmaru
3. th3kuzinator
4. Fire!
5. Sephiroths Masumune
[Please PM me if you would like to serve as a replacement; slots are unlimited.]

Important Posts:
#1 - Day 1 Start
#1009 - Twilight 1 Start
#1112 - Night 1 Start
#1113 - Day 2 Start
#1647 - Twilight 2 Start
#1807 - Night 2 Start
#1808 - Day 3 Start
#2192 - Twilight 3 Start
#2203 - Night 3 Start
#2204 - Day 4 Start
#2501 - Twilight 4 Start
#2502 - Event Scene
#2524 - Night 4 Start[/collapse]

[collapse=Set-Up]This is a Closed Set-up for 16 Players with all roles randomly assigned only player-wise and not flavour-wise. The flavour takes characters from the Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance video game. The website fireemblem.wikia.com was used extensively during the creation of this game.
I confirm the absence of the following Independent Roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Siblings, Survivor
I do not confirm the presence or absence of all other Independent Roles.
I confirm there is a Town faction [called Mercenary in this game] and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions [any and all game-specific names unspecified].
I do not confirm the presence or absence of alignment-altering roles.
I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate; although possibly incomplete.
I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate; although possibly incomplete.
I confirm this game will use Natural Action Resolution.
Here is a sample PM:[collapse=Example]

“Save the thanks for until after the duke of Felirae is taken care of. We can hold the party at my place.”

Role:
Calill, Vanilla Mercenary

Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse=About the Game Moderator]Xiivi: I am an Admin on this site and specifically a moderator of Decisive Games. I first played mafia on this site, in a game titled 'Disney Mafia' hosted by former moderator of Decisive Games 'Tom' which can be accessed in the archive. I have since played and hosted on this site, mafiascum, and others. I often go into extremely long technical wording for my games, both in the rules and the role PMs. I will often use many types of roles in order to keep the metagame diverse for players. This includes roles I dislike, disagree with, feel are unbalanced, know are unconventional, have as experimental, make from scratch, flip the alignment of, etc... I do not believe cookie cutter roles are vital, nor do I believe only one of a certain role can exist in a set-up. I believe there is a lot of room to utilize in mafia and that you can do so even with normal constraints as long as you have some creativity. I feel the game of mafia is naturally balanced against the town for the majority of standard ratios when played out at a competitive level and even moreso when communication is available for non-town factions; this does not mean I will or will not attempt to counter-act for this natural balance. I do aim to make games enjoyable with flavour however it is never a focal point as that belongs to the competitive aspect. I believe there is no proof of guilt in this game outside of mechanics and that if that is what you search for when playing you will fail in your attempts to win as town. Instead I believe town is most successful when gauging intent and then convincing others by whatever means necessary to secure a lynch. I believe non-town does not have these restrictions in getting to their win conditions, thus making those roles much easier to win with. I prefer playing as town as I feel it is significantly more challenging than non-town. I do not play video games anymore, however Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance was one of the last games I played and one of the few I completed in entirety. I feel the flavour lends itself well to mafia and should be enjoyable for you. I hope you play to win, but also to your enjoyment. I don't feel you should continue playing if doing so is not to your enjoyment.[/collapse]

[collapse=Game Introduction]The Greil Mercenaries have been subject to constant assualts from their foes. The situation has grown dire with the group finding themselves backed into an abandoned fort in Cremia. The fort is forked deep within a thick forest, leaving little sunlight to come through during the daytime. The group has be forced to deal with nightly assualts from enemy forces, and has begun to feel hopeless and trapped. Calill is the group's first casualty while in this situation, but the group fears for the worst. There only hope is to eliminate their enemies and make it out before they are overrun.[/collapse]
*It is expected that you will have read both this post and your own role PM in full before posting in this thread. You assume all responsibility as a player for any actions you take concerning this game. It is expected that if there is any ambiguity you will first seek the Game Moderator for clarification before pursuing any action you are unclear of.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Greetings, Gentlemen. This is my second game of mafia, my first was in the BBR edition of Death Note Mafia.

I do hope you'll welcome me, and I look forward to playing with you here in DGames.

I'm disappointed that I can't use my traditional green font though. :(

Beat!

Smash Master
EST is GMT -5
Stupid Google -.-. GMT-5 also makes a lot more sense, now that I think about it.

Anyways, I'm BeatStick (you can call me Beat though) and this will be my very first game of mafia. I've done quite a bit of lurking the past month though (some of you might have noticed me, I dunno), and I've skimmed through the newbie guides, so I'm familiar with *almost* all the terms and stuff. I hope I won't be considered completely ********, but if I am, please point out what I'm doing wrong :).

Regardless, good luck!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem PoR is full of characters considered "good" so scum should be safe in regards to safeclaims
Nonetheless I guess important characters like Ike, Soren, Titania, Boyd and Misty have been assigned as town roles since it would be weird to leave those as safe claims or out from this game

So... do we full-claim?

FoS: Nabe

Luxor

Smash Champion
Confirming my inship this game. This is my first real game of mafia, but I feel I understand the game pretty well. Looking forward to this game being good!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fire Emblem PoR is full of characters considered "good" so scum should be safe in regards to safeclaims
Nonetheless I guess important characters like Ike, Soren, Titania, Boyd and Misty have been assigned as town roles since it would be weird to leave those as safe claims or out from this game

So... do we full-claim?

This is one of the great things about using Fire Emblem for flavour. It's full of characters that can fit many diverse roles and alignments, and also provide many, many safe claims.

Don't mistake that to mean that more central characters are guaranteed to be of expected alignment just because there are plenty of other "minor characters" to assign as safeclaims or non-town roles. If you look to Ronike's old fire emblem game, you'll see right away that some characters that one might expect to have been town aligned just based on flavour turned out to be quite the opposite.

Not sure if your call for a full claim (assuming you mean name claim) is serious, but either way it's a poorly founded suggestion.

And if you were suggesting a full role claim, even more so.

Beat!

Smash Master
Hmmm... confirming even though there's no confirmation phase... quite scummy indeed.

Vote: Luxor
FoS: adumbrodeus

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm here. Will read mostly on weekdays. Weekends and holidays not so much.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Jeez Red Ryu you're in every game I am ever seems like.

Confirming!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

So... do we full-claim?

This is a horrible suggestion, smart mods will occasionally make those characters safe-claims for exactly this reason (I seem to remember Xiivi a particularly awesome one, don't remember which one it was off the top of my head). So, since it doesn't absolutely clear anyone, odds are we're just gonna succeed in outing PRs. At the very least you should've suggested name-claiming, but again since it doesn't produce any real clears and assists scum in discerning PRs, I don't see this as a particularly effective strategy.

Works in an open setup though, sometimes.

Regardless, you're probably town, this suggestion strikes me as sincere and the type of mistake town rajam would make. The fact that you suggested full-claiming does give me a bit of pause, but not enough to question my claim because it's the same type of error, not considering the implications of a suggested course of action. Also, townie recklessness.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
vote: Adumbrodeus

Lololol RVS. :awesome:

You flatter me too much, it's not good for my ego. :p
You're welcome, but I actually had a slightly more practical goal in mind with that post, I wanted people to know you're a strong player (if presumably unrefined) so we don't let you off as noobtown if you do something scummy for example. Since there are only a couple of players here who have access to the BBR I wanna get it out there now so everyone can get a read on you.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh the game started LOL.

1. adumbrodeus

'Sup. There are a coupl'a BBR's in here that I'm really unfamiliar with, like Rajam and Raziek. If I get town vibes from you, is it safe for me to trust your reads on these two players if I can't get one myself?

2. BeatStick

You said you was a nub, but I'm not gonna hold that against you, or treat you differently for it. You said you've been lurking for the past month? What people in this game are you familiar with from the past month, not on reading wise, but out of curiousity? What games, if any, have you read in full? Or are you just reading games that are currently playing/recently played?

3. Cdubs1987

Soz you're FF's bud? Sweet. I'll hope you're good. You've never played forum mafia, iirc, or just in mafiascum? Mind giving us your forum maf experience if you've had any?

4. frozenflame751

Will being buds with Cdubz make it fairly easy to read 'em, or no? This is more of a question of curiosity other than anything.

5. Glyph

Lol DRoom maf. From all of the experience you've learned from mafia so far, what's one big thing you think is important to keep in mind as town, and one important thing to keep in mind as town? Yes, please answer.

6. Gordito

O U!

7. Luxor

You're new too, right? But you hydra'd with Kuz in some game, I think SC. Why'd you hydra for your first game, out of curiousity? And how much did you actually play? Only answer the latter question if Soul Calibur was the game you hydra'd with Kuz.

8. Nabe

Heh Nabe. You gonna do that silly ol' Sherlock thingy?

9. Nicholas1024

I played aimmaf with you right? I think I did. Welp, I've read some of your games. Are you gonna be as hardheaded as I remember you being, where if you get a scum feel, you'll stick to it?

10. Overswarm

Vote: Overswarm

Best to do as town OR scum :p <3

11. Rajam

Not much to say here, from what I remember you're it doesn't help with much. Mostly gonna rely on a town adumb with my read on you, cuz you tend to do scummy things as town (Villains -__-). Is your activity gonna be a problem like it was there?

12. Raziek

I REALLY don't know you, but asking about previous maf experience is useless cuz it's already been answered. I look foward to playing wit cha.

13. Red Ryu

What are you flaming doing here?

14. Vult Redux

Iirc, you've been in DGames for a while, but I haven't seen you around any games at all. How's your mafia experience, and who do you know here?

15. X1-12

Yo mang how youz been? Not much here, considering you've been in just about every game I've been in, but I look foward to a game with you that Swiss ISN'T in (I think Villains was the only one, and I was maf, so that doesn't count for shiz :p).

16. Zεη

Zen... Nothin to say :p.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gord: at the time of your #29, what gave you realization that the game started that you didn't realize before?

And why do you have nothing to say to me?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Man no-one even comments on me ****ing about...

Fortunately I've just been given a gift from the heavens, listing every player like that when there is definitely nothing to say about them is probably the stongest standard tell there is

Unvote
Vote: Gordito

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We should quick lynch Gordito, unless you guys want get more connections between him, but at this point, his buds would just be distancing themselves.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Zen said:
Gord: at the time of your #29, what gave you realization that the game started that you didn't realize before?

And why do you have nothing to say to me?
When I posted the first time, I had yet to confirm. I read the rules, went around a coupl'a places, went out with my bro, then saw the title say D1 begins and then oshii the game started lol. That's all.

I got nothing to say cuz I have nothing to say. You'll prove yourself as town or scum to me soon enough.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
When I posted the first time, I had yet to confirm. I read the rules, went around a coupl'a places, went out with my bro, then saw the title say D1 begins and then oshii the game started lol. That's all.

I got nothing to say cuz I have nothing to say. You'll prove yourself as town or scum to me soon enough.
What is my alignment to you now?

Top Bottom