• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance | Final Chapter

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Zen
That's reasonable enough (unfortunately I can't evaluate the meta for myself, although I agree that the last post you quoted is pretty odd) for a case, but it doesn't explain X1's attack. What's your stance on him?

@Gord
What's your response to Zen?

Beat!

Smash Master
Wow, what an early wagon. How certain are you about this, Zen? I mean, if he's got a PR it's not very good at all.

I'm still iffy on Nicholas. Being aggressive doesn't have to = being super sensitive.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes, part.

Yes for certain people. Some people you can't really rely on personal experience because they make it out for them not to be metad. But only part of my case is because I have experience with him. Why are you inderectly trying to belittle my case?
A lot of it seems like it's personal, and I think that can cloud judgments sometimes.

Don't get me wrong he is the strongest person to Lynch based on what you have presented, but I don't think bring other games into this is wise unless your absolutely sure it reveals his intentions/scumminess.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Zen
That's reasonable enough (unfortunately I can't evaluate the meta for myself, although I agree that the last post you quoted is pretty odd) for a case, but it doesn't explain X1's attack. What's your stance on him?

@Gord
What's your response to Zen?
Town-X1 is in for information, not to actually lynch, which is what I'm leaning on him being currently.
Wow, what an early wagon. How certain are you about this, Zen? I mean, if he's got a PR it's not very good at all.

I'm still iffy on Nicholas. Being aggressive doesn't have to = being super sensitive.
80/4X5-99+Gordito% certain.
A lot of it seems like it's personal, and I think that can cloud judgments sometimes.

Don't get me wrong he is the strongest person to Lynch based on what you have presented, but I don't think bring other games into this is wise unless your absolutely sure it reveals his intentions/scumminess.
I understand :)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Skimmed. Lemme respond to the one thing that I remember, which is basically the whole finding lists scummy thing:

TW in D&D mafia, Cello in A HELLUVA LOTTA games he's in... and plenty more. If you want me to find some, feel free to ask.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
BeatmyStick said:
I mean, if he's got a PR it's not very good at all.
I'm not really sure why you say this ~.^? I mean like can't anyone we lynch potentially have a power role?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Skimmed. Lemme respond to the one thing that I remember, which is basically the whole finding lists scummy thing:

TW in D&D mafia, Cello in A HELLUVA LOTTA games he's in... and plenty more. If you want me to find some, feel free to ask.
Answer my questions... now.

X1-12

Smash Champion

In case you hadn't realised by now, stamdard scumtells dont apply to cello

Beat!

Smash Master
I'm not really sure why you say this ~.^? I mean like can't anyone we lynch potentially have a power role?
Uh, yeah I guess... but surely the risk of accidently targeting PR's is smaller if you give it more thought before wagoning?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
In case you hadn't realised by now, stamdard scumtells dont apply to cello
Let me turn this one back around on you, X1. When has scum made big lists in early game like Gord did? After all, if it's a standard scumtell then it should happen every so often.

#HBC | Gorf

Yes, Zen, you're free to call me Raz.

And yes, for the moment, this is all I have to say. You guys seem quite intense for RVS, BBR was casual as hell. xD

I mean yeah, I know there's no other way to pick someone other than latching on the first random thing, but this seems a bit much right off the bat. @_@

Well, as the saying goes: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

vote: Gordito
K. What I'm getting from this is, you think that the fact that they're against me hard is unfair, and should be taken more lightly. And yet, you blatantly say you're gonna wagon me? If this guy's on my wagon, I STRONGLY advise you to look into 'em please.

@Gordito: What do you think of the case against you?
They'll realize that they're wrong soon if they're serious, if they go through with my lynch, at least they can get good reads from my flip, and they'll get incredible reads if that's their only goal; reads. I have good reason to believe that they ARE doing this for reads and nothing more mostly because I tend to come off as scummy, and because there are a lot of newer players in this game. But, I'm gonna take this as if they're serious because, if they are, then I DO gotta defend myself O_O.

Adumb said:
What does it say about X1?
For right now, it's a soft town read. He likes to do whatever he can to play pro X1, as town. As scum, I'd say he's more concious and careful of what he does. I'm not gonna pledge town all game for this, but he's not a target.

Adumb said:
How about Zen?
He's a stick in the mud (will NEVER take a joke), and there's definitely gotta be a difference in the way I treat him and others. It'll get better as time goes on, but for now, I still gotta be on my toes.

Adumb said:
What do you think of the players who are ignoring/were ignoring it till it was pointed out?
That's definitely something to think about if it's plainly obvious right away, or in a reread. What people DON'T say speaks much more than what people DO say sometimes.

Adumb said:
Also, there's no reason to trust my reads on them more then my reads on anyone else (barring of course, OS). I've played him a few times, but I don't see myself as especially good at understanding him. Razeik I've only played one game with, and while I pegged him as scum early on, his play changed drastically later on and I'm unsure if I'd be able to read his lategame play if he did it consistently.
Alrighty then lol.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey Gordito, speaking of defense... when are you going to defend yourself against Zen's case?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Razeik: Remember in Death Note where you read the cop scans correctly almost every day, but your scummates overrode your suggestions for framing? Think for yourself dude, and if you feel unsure, don't just blindly follow what others are doing in the game, there are a number of strong players you can follow (standard recommendations, Evil Eye, Omni, Glork (from mafiascum) as well as resources on the mafiascum wiki and their mafia discussion board.

They'll realize that they're wrong soon if they're serious, if they go through with my lynch, at least they can get good reads from my flip, and they'll get incredible reads if that's their only goal; reads. I have good reason to believe that they ARE doing this for reads and nothing more mostly because I tend to come off as scummy, and because there are a lot of newer players in this game. But, I'm gonna take this as if they're serious because, if they are, then I DO gotta defend myself O_O.
Interesting, and what makes you think that?

That's definitely something to think about if it's plainly obvious right away, or in a reread. What people DON'T say speaks much more than what people DO say sometimes.
So, what does what people haven't said so far tell you?

@X1 and Zen: Please respond to gord's take on your case.

#HBC | Gorf

I've had enough of you, scum. You can't refute my argument, so you're going the Zen/All-star route of "This guy's an idiot/scum, ignore him."
Vote: X1
I wouldn't call X1 scum for this. X1 has an omnipotent personality in mafia, and it's really hard to call em scum or town JUST off of that. Maybe town, but I wouldn't be so sure this early.

On further investigation...

Nich said:
This post really feels off to me, but so does the way X1/Zen just made a beeline for Gord. It doesn't seem like Gord was surprised at all at their aggression.
I'm not surprised.

Nich said:
@Gord
I want an explanation for why you reacted that way.
I reacted like this cuz they want me dead, and chances are, they'll get the ignorant and scum to get on my wagon one way or another. I want to make ties with myself so that when I flip town, there WILL be connections. But if we just take me out toDay, everything's gonna be brushed off cuz "lol it's a D1 lynch it's no good". And I say that that'll probz happen cuz I tend to do that :/.

Cdubs1987

Smash Rookie
OMG i made a huge long post and accidentally page switched and deleted it. This post will be biref now out of frustration.

@ Gordito, I am friends with frozen IRL, and most of my mafia experience is IRL as well. He designs set ups quite a bit so I am familiar with a decent number of roles and abilities. I have played a handful of games on mafiascum and elsewhere.

Guys I think we are being hasty. Something that makes me nervous, is scum loves to try to find guilt free band wagons. This is why I hate the "GETTHELURKERGETTHELURKERGETTHELURKER OMG THEYMAKEENDGAMESOBAD!!!" lets vote out a lurker day 1 or 2 strategy, because we get no information from there lynch, and no one looks bad for hopping on the wagon.

I think a similar situation has been created, so that voting gordito would not imply guilt, albeit he has done some scummy things.

I get the whole "I'M a trying really hard to scumhunt with lists even though there isn't enough information to do so but I wanna look good because I am bad" thing, but also, I think it's possible he just felt like making a list and people have used that to Aggro the crap out of him.

To Zen, you say since he confirmed after saying he read the "no need to confirm" rules means he didn't read it is false. I read all of the rules, and then proceeded to confirm post anyway.

I'm not saying Zen is scum, but I do think your play style right now would qualify as anti-town. You are encouraging a quick lynch, which reduces the amount of information we can get. Furthermore you encourage Nicholas to tunnel. I think you are on the war path and its not all quite that necessary.

Post #33 you make a second post about Gordito, and in post #34, 1 minute later, you ask why he has ignored 2 of your posts about him. You are not giving this enough time.

That being said, Gordito's posts under the heat now do make him look scummy, and I do want to see where that goes.

Something I find suspicious,

Yes, Zen, you're free to call me Raz.

And yes, for the moment, this is all I have to say. You guys seem quite intense for RVS, BBR was casual as hell. xD

I mean yeah, I know there's no other way to pick someone other than latching on the first random thing, but this seems a bit much right off the bat. @_@

Well, as the saying goes: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

vote: Gordito
This sort of feels weird to me. "Hey, you guys are too aggressive. This but be a bit too much. However, I'm gonna do what you are all doing anyway"

I don't like the "I'm a sheep" feel of this post. Anyone else have anything to say on this?

#HBC | Gorf

Saying this implies that he read over everything, but if he had read over everything, then he would know that mostly everyone posting probably had already read it or was planning to so there was no reason for him to say this based off the surface intentions he was trying to give off of simply suggesting people read it because it was cool because he would know that most probably have/would read it if he read that far. Therefore, he had other intentions for making his post: to give off the appearance that he was a townie-ol'-townie reading everything in the OP like a good ol' townie should.
We know however that he did not do so because:

1. He made a confirmation in the same post, but if he had read through everything, he would have known no such thing was needed.
2. As I said above, the fact that he mentioned to others, they should read it.

These two things show that he had not really read through everything. However, not diving into the OP entering into the game isn't scummy in itself. It's the fact that he tried to give the appearance that he did when he didn't. We know he didn't, but he again later confirms the sentiment that he did (which I forgot to quote in this post, but it's his #38). He states directly that he had read through the rules at the time of that post.

Zen said:
Never once have I read through a full ruleset, merely skimmed (I didn't even make MY ruleset in YT memes. I changed a few things to accomodate for my personal taste, but look at my ruleset and the DGames Road Trip ruleset. Yea. Same shiz). I saw the bio and started off skimming, but saw it was a great read, and it SHOULD be read, it's pretty neat.

You're taking shiz WAAAAY too much at face value. Realize that there's no set style for town and hop off my **** bro.
Zen said:
Those who have not played with me are likely not to see this point, but Gord and I have been in quite a bit of games together. He knows how I play and knows that I never ever just say random things in rvs that I don't truely believe, even if it's off of something small. He posted this pic trying to shrug off my statement like it was a joke, but he very well knew it wasn't.
Wrong. The reason I posted that pic was to make light of your accusation against me and basically say shut up.

Zen said:
I confirm that he knows this because just a few posts later he gave in and tried making a deal. That post itself shows that Gordito knows I am serious and am not joking. So he posting this pic to try and shrug it off shows to me that he is trying to play it safe and didn't know how to properly respond to my accusations with words.

Town Gord would have just been straight up front with this and tell me I was wrong.
'Course I thought you were serious. But does that mean I thought you were right? Of course I know you're wrong, and if I said something like stop now before you get too ahead of yourself, you'd say I was being cautious and call me scum. You put me in a lose lose situation, and you're giving yourself no room to scumhunt.

Zen said:
This is a directvscumtell. When scum are cornered, the have to make some last resort efforts such as making a deal. This post itself is pretty self revealing of his alignment. I don't see how anyone could not see this.
Am I cornered? No. I'm making a deal with you. Living isn't my number one priority: winning is. And if I'm 100% scum, then why not keep me around and use my flip to make connections/distances? I'm not telling you to forget about me. I'm telling you to kill me, "confirmed scum", later and let my scummates make connections with me.

In laments terms:

I'M NOT SCUM, BUT I'M FINE WITH USING MY MISLYNCH AS A TOOL TO MAKE CONNECTIONS. KEEP YOUR SCUM READ ON ME ALIVE, BUT I WANNA WIN THE GAME, AND IF THAT MEANS I GOTTA DIE, THAT MEANS I GOTTA DIE.

Cdubs1987

Smash Rookie
BTW, guys I started my post at about 6:50, before Gordito started providing reasonable responses and before Gordito pointed out the same thing about Raziek. Also I apologize for grammatical errors and things.

#HBC | Gorf

Vote: Gordy

Gordito right now there is a surprisingly substantial case built up against you, largely by Zen. Why do you think he's taken such an interest in you? (I only want HIS answer by the way gents)
I think Zen just guns for one person off of one slip and sticks to them. It's either that, or he's using me to get other people to react, which would be great. But that's not the case lol, it's Zen. He thinks that the way I play is scummy, but... it's just the way I play. Why I don't change it is cuz it works for me.

Oh, and guys, please read the V/LA thread soonish. I'll have something to say that'll prompt my request replacement. I'm really sorry, but thank you all for playing, and good luck everybody, I'll miss you all :).

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
14. Vult Redux

Iirc, you've been in DGames for a while, but I haven't seen you around any games at all. How's your mafia experience, and who do you know here?
Not telling. ♪

@Everyone: Space out your posts PLEASE. If the game continues at this ridiculous speed then there's no way I'll be able to keep up.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Okay so I literally thought that Zen was RVSing in his original Gordito vote and the followsing pressures. But when he not only continued pushing the wagon but feigned confidence in order to buy voters I got a huge scum read.

Glyph isn't Gordito's scumbuddy.
Yeah, no.

Vote: Zen

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
X1-12 said:
Man no-one even comments on me ****ing about...

Fortunately I've just been given a gift from the heavens, listing every player like that when there is definitely nothing to say about them is probably the stongest standard tell there is

Unvote
Vote: Gordito

Zen said:
We should quick lynch Gordito, unless you guys want get more connections between him, but at this point, his buds would just be distancing themselves.
X1-12 said:
Pile em on guys
Nabe said:
You volunteering? I think I promised X1 he could be Watson. Might've been vice versa. Plus, it seems to me that you're already sinking.

I saw people get on you in a game that doesn't exist for something similar to this. If you're town, make sure you tell us your reads from this when you're lynched.

X1, this is cool, and imma let you finish, but do you want to be my Watson?
Nabe said:
Vote: Gord

X1, I believe that Zen is very seriously pursuing Gord. Do you support a Gord lynch as well, or is this a you-know-what?
Glyph said:
Vote: Gordy

Gordito right now there is a surprisingly substantial case built up against you, largely by Zen. Why do you think he's taken such an interest in you? (I only want HIS answer by the way gents)
So, X1-12 and Zen push for votes for pressure right away, Adumbrodeus HALF-commits, and Nabe and Glyph just parrot their way onto the wagon, and I get called out? Is this some sort of initiation right?

I'm not used to hyper-aggressive D1 play, I just went with the flow.

Calm yourselves down.

Personally, I have complete distaste for randomly zerg-rushing someone, especially when it's entirely based on meta. If anything, I find X1 and Zen jumping hard on Gordito suspicious, but all you guys have this meta-experience with each other, so I don't know what's well-founded and what ISN'T, because I haven't seen Gordito play before.

X1, why are you so content to push Gordito's wagon while letting Zen do all the work?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
adum said:
@X1 and Zen: Please respond to gord's take on your case.
Is this really how you play >_>?

cdubs said:
I'm not saying Zen is scum, but I do think your play style right now would qualify as anti-town. You are encouraging a quick lynch, which reduces the amount of information we can get. Furthermore you encourage Nicholas to tunnel. I think you are on the war path and its not all quite that necessary.
I proposed a quick lynch to see who would quick lynch. Not that I disagree with it still.

cdubs said:
Post #33 you make a second post about Gordito, and in post #34, 1 minute later, you ask why he has ignored 2 of your posts about him. You are not giving this enough time.
This isn't true.

gord said:
I'M NOT SCUM, BUT I'M FINE WITH USING MY MISLYNCH AS A TOOL TO MAKE CONNECTIONS. KEEP YOUR SCUM READ ON ME ALIVE, BUT I WANNA WIN THE GAME, AND IF THAT MEANS I GOTTA DIE, THAT MEANS I GOTTA DIE.
So you are vanilla then?

gord said:
Oh, and guys, please read the V/LA thread soonish. I'll have something to say that'll prompt my request replacement. I'm really sorry, but thank you all for playing, and good luck everybody, I'll miss you all
Ah mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn D:

hm well glg replacement isn't so bad.

vult said:
Yeah, no.

Vote: Zen
was your glyph vote rvs?

Also are you saying that you don't believe glyph and gord aren't scumbuddies? The way glyph was reacting shows that they aren't. Only one could. That's not to say GLyph is town. Gord just isn't his scumbuddy.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So, X1-12 and Zen push for votes for pressure right away, Adumbrodeus HALF-commits, and Nabe and Glyph just parrot their way onto the wagon, and I get called out? Is this some sort of initiation right?

Calm yourselves down.

Personally, I have complete distaste for randomly zerg-rushing someone, especially when it's entirely based on meta. If anything, I find X1 and Zen jumping hard on Gordito suspicious, but all you guys have this meta-experience with each other, so I don't know what's well-founded and what ISN'T, because I haven't seen Gordito play before.

X1, why are you so content to push Gordito's wagon while letting Zen do all the work?
So, your excuse is that you went with the flow and everyone else did it?

Look, the reason you're being pushed isn't just that you joined the wagon. It's that you went making comments such as "This is quite intense for RVS", and "I know *small *snip*... but this seems a bit much off the bat", like you disapproved, but joined the wagon anyway.

By the way, this part of your response in particular is really ringing alarm bells...
Town does not need to go with the flow. Town needs to catch scum. Scum needs to go with the flow and blend in though, which makes me highly suspicious here.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
How the hell are you supposed to catch scum on Day 1? There's almost literally nothing to go on.

Adding one vote for some pressure does NOT mean I condone the lynch, that means I'm looking to see some conversation.

Again, I will stress that Nabe and Glyph ALSO parrotted and hopped the wagon with no real reasoning.

The fact that they DON'T express discomfort but just do it anyway makes it different?

"Hurr durr Zen gettin the **** in, guess I'll just vote too" - their votes paraphrased.

So sue me for wanting to waiting for a time when we actually have something LOGICAL to work on, not random meta zerg-rushing.

You know what D1 for Death Note was? Generally speaking, relaxed as hell. We're like 100 posts in and you guys are WAY over what I'm used to in terms of wt***gressiveness. I'm not lying about anything I said.

Cdubs1987

Smash Rookie

That was easy, better luck next time man.
Gord: at the time of your #29, what gave you realization that the game started that you didn't realize before?

And why do you have nothing to say to me?
Gord that is two posts now that you avoided talking to me. Why?
First quote was at 3:28. Second was at 3:36 and 3rd was at 3:37.

Yet you say

Originally Posted by cdubs
This isn't true
Look at the times on the posts. You ask him to respond to you and ask why he hasn't responded one minute later, and then you lie about doing this. Why?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Raz, I don't need to produce groundbreaking evidence to vote for someone, nor do I need to BS a new one. You're incriminating me for something that HAS to happen on every train today(unless all 9 people can find new information for each vote).

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
How the hell are you supposed to catch scum on Day 1? There's almost literally nothing to go on.
Nothing to go on? Look at what we've done in the space of ONE DAY. Can you call that nothing?

Adding one vote for some pressure does NOT mean I condone the lynch, that means I'm looking to see some conversation.
Again, I will stress that Nabe and Glyph ALSO parrotted and hopped the wagon with no real reasoning.

The fact that they DON'T express discomfort but just do it anyway makes it different?

"Hurr durr Zen gettin the **** in, guess I'll just vote too" - their votes paraphrased.

So sue me for wanting to waiting for a time when we actually have something LOGICAL to work on, not random meta zerg-rushing.

You know what D1 for Death Note was? Generally speaking, relaxed as hell. We're like 100 posts in and you guys are WAY over what I'm used to in terms of wt***gressiveness. I'm not lying about anything I said.[/QUOTE]
If you're going to support a wagon, then get behind it completely. Don't go "This is a bit extreme guys, I dunno", but support it anyway. Actions speak louder than words.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Adum, what question? And it would have made more sense if x1 and I had posted without responding to Gord. I don't get why you would tell us to respond to him when we would likely do so (well I atleast). Looks fake to me.

@cdubs: I was refering to his list post where he said he had nothing to say to me and his picture post where he used a picture instead of words.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
"GETTHELURKERGETTHELURKERGETTHELURKER OMG THEYMAKEENDGAMESOBAD!!!" lets vote out a lurker day 1 or 2 strategy, because we get no information from there lynch, and no one looks bad for hopping on the wagon.
You also realize that scum sometimes uses inactivity to hide themselves so they don't have to ask questions.

They are also safe vote technically since them being gone sometimes isn't bad at all if they weren't doing anything.

I'd rather go after scum, but you know the option to lynch in actives or lurkers isn't bad even more so when scum will lurk to be able to avoid attention.

@Zen: It this an RVS vote or do you have reasons?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Luxor what's your mafia experience? I forgot if you said. Oh yeah you were hydraing with Kuz in SC. Is that it? Also do you have thoughts about anyone in the game or what has gone on so far?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Adum, what question? And it would have made more sense if x1 and I had posted without responding to Gord. I don't get why you would tell us to respond to him when we would likely do so (well I atleast). Looks fake to me.

@cdubs: I was refering to his list post where he said he had nothing to say to me and his picture post where he used a picture instead of words.
I want a response to his 94, which you haven't done as of yet.

Requesting a response from another player to a post that's been made is pretty standard when you want a response to it ASAP.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ryu I'm voting you because in your #84 (I think it was), you were saying how my judgement could be clouded from past game experiences. I don't see a town member, with no knowledge of my alignment, speaking this way. You were saying my judgements could be clouded, but that's only if I'm town. As scum I could have simply not been judging at all. But you were speaking in such a perspective that I was town and being misguided rather than a neutral perspective which leads me to believe you are scum and know my alignment. Especially if Gord were to somehow flip town because that would also explain why you thought I was misguided even though Gord was/is so scummy.

The only reason I could see making up for this is because you simply have a town read on me.

Top Bottom