• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Royal Sleepover - The Party has been Crashed! Mafia Wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Mafia Royal Sleepover​

From out of nowhere, a Paratrooper with goggles began to slowly decend near your position. He looked tired...exhausted, actually. Slowly, he walks over to you with a envelope in hand.

"Man, you have NO IDEA how long it took me to fly over to you...[huff]. First there was bad weather climate, then I was freaking LOST and...[wheeze] Ah forget it! Just be glad I ain't charging you extra for this hassle. Can uh...[pant] you point me to the nearest...food court?"

....slowly you point him over to the nearest food court. He waves and then slowly walks off while you open your envelop. It was from Princess Peach.

Dear invited guest

You are invited to my very special sleepover. Please bring all baggages with you, whether they are small or large, as I understand that some royals carry a whole bunch of stuff with them on trips such as these. As where you are now, you shall be treated as like any other royal. All I ask of you is to please abid by my rules. I hope to see you!

- <3 Princess Peach Toadstool <3

At the bottom of it is instructions on where the nearest warp pipe within your area. It was then you packed your gear and began to head off to the destination...so as to have an awesome sleepover with the hostess and some of the other guest

----------

Helpful Links

Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.[/list]

Rules​

Fundamentals

1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are allowed to say one 'Bah, go town/scum' post.
  3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players or post them in threads. You are free to paraphrase.
  11. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  12. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
  13. This is a game of Mafia. I am your game moderator, Rockin. Please direct any questions you have about the game to me, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary). I will not answer questions in the public forum related to privately disseminated information barring that it was mentioned in the sample role PM.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. For example, unvote vote: Eor.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when the game moderator posts the lynch scene and officially begins the Night phase.
  5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline

1. You are required to post every 72 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  3. Days will generally last 12 days.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.
  5. DO NOT tell me to prod (insert person) within their 72 hour post. I will prod them whenever I deem is necessary

Game-specific

1. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  2. I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up:
    Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
  3. I do not confirm the absence or presence of all other Independent Roles.
  4. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  5. I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
  6. I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
  7. I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
  8. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

Sample Role PM said:

You are Jasmin, and you reign the Kingdom of Agrabah. You was not invited into this game, as Peach dispise Disney characters. Infact, she considers them as 'posers' to REAL princesses. However, she was nice enough to put you as a sample role.

You are a Vanilla Townie, the average royal. You have nothing much except your wits (lolwat?) and deduction skills (don't think too hard, missy).

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

2. Gova
3. J
9. mentosman8 Circus
10. ChiboSempai
11. adumbrodeus Swiss
13. Tom Nabe

-Replacements-
1. giraffelasergun

Deaths
1) Princess Hilda (Kuz), Town Doctor, is lynched D1
2)Princess Zelda (Frozen Flame), Miller, is killed N1
3) No Lynch on D2
4)Princess Kumatora (Overswarm), Town Cop, is killed N2
5)Princess Minda (Gheb), Mafia Roleblocker is lynched D3
6)Princess Shokora (Dark Horse), Town Watcher is killed N3
7)Princess Daisy (Glyph), Mason (closed) is modkilled on D4
8)The Deku Princess (Zen), Vanilla Townie, is killed N4

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
rockin would make a game with all princesses....
rockin are you sure you dont want to join? :p

also 12 day days wtf why so insanely long? this game isnt going to end forever

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I humbly request that you please remove Rule #2 under Voting and Lynching, which states: "When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. For example, unvote vote: Eor." This rule is a hassle and has no strategic value.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I humbly request that you please remove Rule #2 under Voting and Lynching, which states: "When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. For example, unvote vote: Eor." This rule is a hassle and has no strategic value.
i disagree, u can fake votes this way as an interesting way to get reactions

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Either voting method is good to me. I like the convinience of not having to unvote, but I also agree with Chibo there.

*sits on fence*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: Zen

only needs 4 more. let's get this wagon moving!

Wait I hate bandwagoners >.>

Unvote
Vote: J

But wait I don't wanna die D:

uuuuuh

Unvote
Vote: FrozenFlame

aah much better :3c

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
=o

Tom you're an ancient like FF riiiight?

I've seen fake votes garner quite the result as of late.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
maybe you can point me to it

i can probably point you to 100 games where ppl get annoyed by having to unvote revote

anyways, keep it if you want. it was just a suggestion.

yea im an ancient risen from my slumber someone called me into this plane to win

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll point some out to you some other time when I can ^^

Aaaaah kay.

Oh snap there are alot of ancients in this game. Only new dgamers are kuzi/me/dh/x1-12/Gova =o

Psh these old timers don't have anything on us =P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Time to bring out the Dahlia ava again 8)

Haven't used this one since like FF7 Remix ended ooor did I stop near DnD....can't remember honestly.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*click* you're correct. I forgot.

Haha I only remember FF7 remix and DnD the most because it was my fav role (indie poisoner <333) aaaaand DnD was just well.....^^"

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yeah, I havn't had the chance to thoroughly look through the rules and fix it the way it's suppose to be, so give me a moment.

Also, I didn't tell anyone to post yet

WHY CAN'T YA FOLLOW THE RULES, DAMNIT!? *modkills everyone*

Nah, I don't mind. :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I didn't even edit any posts in this thread

and role pm's arent out

speaking of which

where are the role pms!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Oh, Rockin had forgotten to end his /list tag so all the rules were jumbled up so I fixed it for him

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Thanks chibo. :D

Okay guys, roles are going to be sent out now, and then I'll soon start up the game. Thanks for being patient with me :D

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
All the guests were in a large room, having their respected stuff nicely placed into the rooms thanks to the toads. The hostess, Peach, gave a huge smile at them while standing near a large clothed table. "Thank you all so much for attending." She said. "I know I might have bothered either one of you from your busy schedule, but a nice girls sleepover would be good. No need to talk about agreements on lands or treaties. Just us girls having fun!" The other guests all nod in agreement.

"What you got under there?" One of the guests pointed at the cloth.

"I'm glad you asked." Peach responded as she grabbed the cloth and pulled it to the side.

Under it were several amounts of tea kettles, each one labled into a different type of tea. There were crumbpets as well as a large three tower Peach cake. Her cakes were pretty popular. Till this day, no one knows Peach's secret ingredients. The ladies' smile grew wide as they saw the cake.

"Well then," Peach smiled. "You ladies should relax and introduce ya selves a bit...and then the fun would start."

It was then that the women got comfortable on the couches provided and began to conversate

--------------------------------------

DAY 1 starts now.

It takes 7/13 to make a lynch. Deadline is Thursday, Feb 3rd 2011

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Vote: Kuz

Also, we need to have a pillow fight obv. Mandatory at any sleepover imo.

:awesome:

Top Bottom