• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Royal Sleepover - The Party has been Crashed! Mafia Wins!

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
1. Flavor attributes can link characters to roles

2. What are you saying?

I don't see how this question has anything to do with kuz's meta.

Also, you seemed to be joking around with your answers, not being serious

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"
Still making baseless claims for no ****ing reason. How the hell do you know I'm town? Maybe I AM a Jester? Maybe I'm scum? You don't know. You've got no clue, you've got a hunch at best unless you're a n0 cop, and even tehn you don't know if I'm a god father or a miller or what have you. Be more careful with your statements.
There's no such thing as baseless claims from me =D. Arguing to someone the reasons for why you aren't town is dumb though. Just accept it.

How many of you are of the mindset that nothing is truly useless in a game of mafia? I'm asking because I haven't played with a lot of you before so I want to know how you all think.
Very few things are useless.

@Zen, how is Kuz role claiming not detrimental to town especially if he claimed this early?
Not seeing how it would be detrimental. Explain to me why it would be, then maybe I could explain why it's not?

1. Flavor attributes can link characters to roles

2. What are you saying?

I don't see how this question has anything to do with kuz's meta.

Also, you seemed to be joking around with your answers, not being serious
1. And what would be detrimental about knowing his role?

2. Are you mentally stable?

-I'm always serious. Well most of the time. Just assume that I am."

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Zen why would you put ongoing for some games and town for this one? Why not just ongoing?

You have a good amount of experience from your game list, and yet you honestly don't see why asking for a name claim is a bad idea? Name claims go hand and hand with role claim, you can kind of determine things from them in a way. Don't you think this information is important to not let out so easily? Has name claiming for no apparent reason been prevalent in your past games?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
1. Because I don't see any detriment to knowing his character or role.

"I put town for this game, because I can talk about this game while in this game. I can't talk about the other games other than in the games."

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
You could out a PR for essentially no reason, or limit the search pool for scum to PR hunt if he claims Vanilla Townie.

Why not just pressure him if you think he's scum and have him claim when he is closed to being lynched? Is there a benefit to having him role/char claim this early?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If there's no detrimental value to it, then why don't we all just claim?

Oh maybe it's detrimental because it helps give scum targets at night (being the simplest reason)
all the way up to opening up a giant can of wifom

Seriously, I can't even fathom the idea of an experienced mafia player seriously asking someone to claim within 24 hours of Day 1.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Why not just pressure him if you think he's scum and have him claim when he is closed to being lynched? Is there a benefit to having him role/char claim this early?
There's no reason to think he's scum yet, this game has been in play for less than 24 hours so far. There's hardly anything to go off of. And if one were to think he's scum, making him claim when no where near lynch is not how you would do it, seeing that he can just claim townie...

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
To clarify,I mean, in the event that he is close to being lynched because people think he is scum that he could just claim then instead of doing it this early when there really is no reason to.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@X1's 76

Why should we lunch someone over one scum thing when they could probably help us out later.

@Zen

1. Answered by gova and chibo: gives scum nk targets
2. I'm never stable. However, if he wasn't going to respond, then why did you ask him in the first place

Zen, i am dissapoint in your play

X1-12

Smash Champion
@X1's 76

Why should we lunch someone over one scum thing when they could probably help us out later.
Surely if you warn a good player that his actions are scummy, you are just helping him play as scum? Whereas if a new player did something scummy it may be by accident. If you leave the new player to continue then you are setting up a newbie mistake to be used to scapegoat them, whereas if you leave a scumtell from an experienced player to build it will provide more evidence, which will be necessary to lynch them.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Zen, I am flattered, but what constitutes me being so readable? *blush*

@Dark Pony, lets not be condescending now. *wags finger*

too much information seems to work at first, but it eventually begins to eat town alive. Thats why we dont mass claim early-game!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"
You could out a PR for essentially no reason, or limit the search pool for scum to PR hunt if he claims Vanilla Townie.

Outing a PR would be bad, yes. But Kuz is no idiot.

Also there's like a 3ish/13 chance of me having outed a PR I think. There is also a 3ish/13 chance of having outed scum. But since there was a .05E-7 chance of Kuz answering, there is essentially a 0% chance of either and a 100% chance of getting the game started as well as developing my Kuz read. Ask him yourself. I've yet to be wrong about him. And all it takes is simple questions like these.

Pressuring him would be a waste to time especially since I don't have anything to go off of. Someone claiming to begin with rather than having to get them to L-1 and then come up with another lynch after they claim is a waste to me. That's just my opinion. I see more benefit in having claimed PRs than in having unknowns. PRs aren't that important to me unless it's cop is pretty much confirmed sanity or like tracker gets something useful. The benefit of having them semi-cleared through claiming is more beneficial to me in games this size because it lessens the sample size scum reside in.However I understand no one else feels this way, which is why I simply asked him upfront. Pressuring him for no reason and forcing him to claim would be selfish and just anti-town, where as by asking him upfront there is little possibility he would tell me. I mean you guys are making quite a big deal out of it. It's not like I am trying to force him to claim haha. But at least we are getting some info.

@X1's 76

@Zen

1. Answered by gova and chibo: gives scum nk targets
2. I'm never stable. However, if he wasn't going to respond, then why did you ask him in the first place

Zen, i am dissapoint in your play
Jumping on me for asking him = scum. Passing it off like nothing = town. More or less. Not definite a definite read of course. Just general idea nah mean.

Disappointing but town, yeah?"

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Zen, if you want kuz to jump on you, you pressure him, not ask questions.

Where are you getting your meta of him from?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"

If there's no detrimental value to it, then why don't we all just claim?

Oh maybe it's detrimental because it helps give scum targets at night (being the simplest reason)
all the way up to opening up a giant can of wifom

Seriously, I can't even fathom the idea of an experienced mafia player seriously asking someone to claim within 24 hours of Day 1.
I missed this one.

All claiming can wait a couple of days. The rest is answered in my response to Gova I think."

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@OS, what constitutes a stupid question? Would you answer a stupid question if someone feels that they could better determine your alignment based off it?
Allow me to answer this question with an example:

@OS, what constitutes a stupid question? Would you answer a stupid question if someone feels that they could better determine your alignment based off it?
This question in particular doesn't do anything but try to pigeonhole someone. It brings you an "ah HA!" trap, nothing more. That means if I said "no, I'd never answer a stupid question, they're stupid!" and then said why a question was stupid, then answered a stupid question later, you'd have caught me doing something I said I wouldn't do.

this has no effect on my alignment whastoever

None. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

Yes, you can "catch" someone with a stupid question. Sometimes inexperienced players give things away. But more often than not, it's going to be a town player answering a question that might cause him to receive undue attention when it isn't inherently scummy.

What IS good is to look for actions. Words can help, especially direct and simple questions that are either devoid of context or have their context noted , but complicated, context-driven, this-or-that black-and-white questions that do nothing but let you try to trap someone in some sort of linguistic paradox do little more than make you feel clever for half a second before you get them lynched, they flip town, and then pressure is on you.

A "stupid question" is something that won't help, but can hurt. And sure, I might answer one just for the hell of it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
1. You don't out scum by asking them to claim
2. You don't ask something even if you think they won't do it

Vote: Zen

You could have easily played it off as joking RVS stuff, but you're still trying to validate you wanting another player to claim so early on and make it look like you're ok and everyone against you is the bad guy by saying things like anyone who jumps on you for it is scum when letting it pass by is town.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
also why does zen keep writing in quotes and why does whats his face write in italics. I know that the quotes aren't a posting restriction.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
also also, the only thing that has popped up on my scumdar (in case you guys didn't notice) was Zen saying I was town for no reason. Given that he knows how aggressive I am, that would be a good scum move if he wanted to avoid an all-out brawl with me on D1.

Back to sleep.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Actually I didn't notice the quotes or italics, wasn't really paying attention. Why are you sure that the quotes aren't a restriction?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"
1. You don't out scum by asking them to claim
2. You don't ask something even if you think they won't do it

Vote: Zen

You could have easily played it off as joking RVS stuff, but you're still trying to validate you wanting another player to claim so early on and make it look like you're ok and everyone against you is the bad guy by saying things like anyone who jumps on you for it is scum when letting it pass by is town.
No I'm not.

1. That wasn't the main point at all.

2. Why?

Why would I lie and say it's RVS when it's not ^o^? I'm not much of the gossip type. You guys are silly. Also the only one I called scum was Tom wasn't it? "

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also I don't have a posting restriction. I just like to post like that for no reason.

@OS: Like you'd be a threat haha.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because he didn't use them all the time.

@Zen: I would be. I know exactly how loud I can be, and you know I don't let up if I feel I've got something. I know you know that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
vote: Zen

I'll just leave that there for a while. Need to stop posting before getting more information, but currently I feel that Zen is a solid play based on the information at hand, not counting the information we're missing. Someone can feel free to question him more.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"That is true. But over little things like someone refusing to claim which really just makes you look bad, not the other. But I can understand your concern for my ability to read you based on what you feel is nothing. If you want, I can pretend you're scum?"

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Since most of us will agree on me being the play (by us I mean town hall, I will ignore any cases made on me and instread use the rest of the day to scumhunt. Once it's agreed that we take this course of action, those who are voting me should be considered scum for laying their vote on the already decided lynch and wasting our time to actually catch scum. The final 2 irl days or when there is no more to get from the day, we will then bring back whatever votes necessary to lynch. A day before this I will begin to defend against any reasons as to avoid a messy last minute lynch. For now we shall use the day to catch scum. I'm not going to waste our time against ignorance who believe that my actions actually pinpoint me as scum when in actuallity it is a null tell as I start every game with such harshness. (Well actually I've yet to do so as scum, but from the perspective of the ignorant, it can be considered null.)

Those who will be in favor of lynching me:

Tom
DH
OS
Adum
Chibo
Mentos
FF (Maybe. Depends on his alignment)

X1 could be swayed. Kuz will only do so as town. If he is scum he will not. Town Kuz goes either way. J depends on alignment. Gheb wont. Gova ont unless feeling the need to prove something.

So again if it's decided on this plan I will ignore the cases made on my townie actions and use the day for catching scum and at the end of the day we will lynch me. I do this because I have having to defend myself as town over something so blatant and in which I simply disagree over in terms of what's of worth. Scum will just keep bringing up the same point over and over and town will follow. It's bothersome and a waste of time. However if I'm wrong and most (those who haven't posted do not agree with this plan, then I will disregard and play the day as normal, and having time wasted on me.

All in favor of the plan say cake"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Zen seriously reread your post and think about your train of thought here.

1. You are trying to devise a way to get all of the current votes off of you, threatening us by calling us scum if we don't. You seem to not want any pressure on you.
2. You say you will defend yourself in what, 9 or 10 days? (2 days or so before the deadline) If there's a growing case on you and you want to defend yourself, you should do it at that time, not when it is most convenient to you, not to mention giving yourself tons of days to conceive such a defense.
3. If you are VT like you said, you should be giving us reasons not to vote you and want you lynched. Play to your win condition.
4. Deadlines are not there to make sure every minute of every day is used up. Think of it like timing out a player in smash, just because there is a 8 minute timer doesn't mean every match has to be 8 minutes long.
5. How did you make such a list of those players who would want to lynch you? I really don't like this, feels incredibly wifomy.
6. Who cares if you hate defending yourself. If you do that, then you should not put yourself in the position to do so in the first place.

I REALLY don't like how you're put under fire from a couple people with a growing case on you, and in the midst of all this you refuse to defend yourself, and attempt to act as a leading role in the town telling us what to do.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@OS, how useful a question is is dependant on the person. Someone could ask what they feel is an important question while you however feel it is not. I wasn't trying to trip you up in some sort of word phrasing.

@Zen, what alignment would J be if he wanted you lynched? How would you distinguish townKuz not wanting your lynch from scumKuz not wanting your lynch since you said as town he could go either way. You should also answer Kuz's queston about how readable he is.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Zen, your last post reeks of not caring.

Not caring about cases, not caring about getting lynched. You're doing a bad job at being town, because I took the whole post as a block of WIFOM

@Mod request votecount

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Those who will be in favor of lynching me:

Tom
I'm only going to say this once: don't ever ****ing speak for me again.

I'm not in favor of ANY lynch. The day just started.

Your play is absolutely abysmal. You have attempted to out another player's name claim, and you yourself have role-claimed. You seem not to know how to play Vanilla Townie, if your claim is true. You are attracting needless attention and garnering discussion on a route that leads, in your own knowledge, against the Town's best interests and towards the only player you can trust - yourself.

Don't you have dice?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
"Since most of us will agree on me being the play
This is absolutely terrible. No one except scum and possibly babyjesus himself could know your alignment one real-life day into the game, and only a fool would already consider our first day's witch-hunt resolved. Stop it. Why have you immediately considered yourself toDay's lynch, and why do you seem to be actually working from that assumption? Don't you feel the need to.. I don't know.. play the game?

I don't know if you're dumb town or scum, but I most definitely am not in favor of lynching you, or ANYONE, until we are close to deadline and have had actual discussion.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
O.o interesting start to the day while I was paying attention to other things! I kinda want to second everything Tom just said, but more importantly the "don't speak for me" line. You're acting like there's no way we aren't going to lynch someone people are questioning a bit a little into D1? You do realize that that almost never happens right?

Not much else to say yet, but it really kinda irked me that you listed me as willing to lynch you when I hadn't made a single post in the game yet, and I had to point that out.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ Major Vig fodder

:059:
***kin lol'd

Yeaaaa time for a new dgames game

lets kick things off with some content
Frozenflame and Overswarm, what are the last mafia games you guys have played (not with each other, just in general)
Overswarm, who is your favorite non-bbr player here in the lineup
Last game that I completed was Soul Calibur mafia. I'm in 4 on-going games atm.

Now that you have your info about my and OS's most recent games, I expect some constructive analysis out of it sometime soon. Show us whatcha got.

@ Gova: The, there are some things that can be considered useless in mafia, but not a ton. Why do you ask? And what is your stance on the matter?

wtf @ Zen. Dude why can't you just play your normal super aggro townie self? Faking a posting restriction and crumbling and stopping after OS questions you once? Then you go ahead and start buddying him by calling his "Jester play" a town tell? wtfamireading.jpg

Annnnnd then you're already claiming VT on page 3 with like what, 3, maybe 4 votes on you?

Either you're just being ******** gambity scum or your recent dice have gone to your head man. This is **** tier town play if you are town. Not only are you trying to set the D1 lynch but you're trying to set it on yourself, which is like the most anti-faction AND anti-role play you can possibly be doing regardless of alignment unless you're a ****ing jester in which case I'll rage Rockin into oblivion.

Stop being so damn distracting.

Vote: mentosman8 Sup bro been awhile since I last played with you (I think).

Theoretical. You can choose to buddy either me or Tom. Your buddying is guaranteed to be taken well and whoever you pick will hold hands with you all game, but the other guy is gonna be tunneling your *** all game. Who would you pick to buddy?

Top Bottom