• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.0 Thank-you Thread to the PMBR

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing a thread of a similar nature around the release of 2.6. I thought it would be a good idea to use this thread as a way to thank the PMBR for all the hard work they put into making 3.0 as amazing as it is.

Just post what specific 3.0 things you'd like to thank the PMBR for. Feel free to give a shout-out to a specific PMBR member if you want. If you have concerns or suggestions about 3.0, post them elsewhere. That's not what this thread is about.

I'll start with just a small portion of the things that stood out to me when I played 3.0 for the first time:

-I love Roy's new aerials. Damn, Roy feels good.
-Roy's new taunts look a whole lot better than they did in the Turbo Roy video. It is appreciated.
-I love the new aesthetics and platform sizes on Fountain of Dreams.
-I never thought I'd say this, but Norfair is really awesome now.
-That training room is sweet. I've already put it to good use by figuring out how to SWD with Samus.
-The new streamlined HUD is a much-needed improvement.
-For some reason, I thought that you had to manually cancel your attacks with the shield button in Turbo Mode. I'm glad to discover that this is not the case and that Turbo Mode is (relatively) easy to pick up and play.
-Badass Wolf alt. costume is badass.
-Melee Fox & Falco feel so right.
-I am strangely attracted to Shadow Peach.
-PJ Ness is hilarious in battle.
-Whoever decided to give Puff an alt. costume with fairy wings that actually sparkle is a genius.
-Improved camera is soooooo much better. Thank you.
-Everything just feels slightly better. I don't know what engine changes are responsible for this, but I love the way 3.0 feels.

To the PMBR, Thank you.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've been waiting for five years to see Mewtwo in Smash Bros. again.

My 13 year old self would be so happy with what you guys did.

Thanks so much PMBR.

P.S. Fire Peach is awesome.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Based on the brief time I played 3.0, I'm thankful they made Mewtwo's floatiness feel right somehow. And his alternate costume was a great touch.

Also while this doesn't exactly pertain to 3.0, I want to thank cmart for helping me download it faster, it was a great gesture, even if it might not have been a big deal to them :)

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I'm really impressed with what they have done with Roy, he feels so smooth in his movements and his animations are godlike I'm really thankful for them bringing back my favorite character so thanks PMBR!

BEES

Smash Lord
There are so many great things about this that I have trouble narrowing down anything in particular, but all of it really.

-The alternate costumes down to the actual pills dr mario fires(!)
-the new characters
-turbo mode
-the new characters
-the stages that were changed
-the whole 'feel' of the game, which feels tighter and more responsive and just generally more comfortable
-I can tell some re-balancing was done based on how radically different bowser feels. I'm not sure what other changes were made in what ways but the differences I seem to feel are all good ones. Just generally tighter and nippier movements everywhere. A lot of hits that had that Brawl sort of 'slosh' hit to them now have a clean pop in there somewhere, just to let you know you got the job done.
-the new freaking characters

...i'd spend more time thanking you guys but i'm too busy playing the damn thing

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo and Roy both look and play like a dream. I can hardly tell this isn't official content. And man, Giovanni's armor as a costume for Mewtwo? Freaking genius. Now I just need Lord Ike. >:D

Seriously though, thanks a bunch.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
Thank you, for putting in so much dedication to perfection, and listening to what the fans want.
Thank you, for adding Ice Climbers, and making them better, not lamer.
Thank you, for all the other updates that keep the game fresh.
You're all amazing.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Thanks for Yoshi, and all his amazing Yoshi recolors! : D I've been playing as the white Yoshi, I think she's becoming my favorite already!

Also turbo mode is so fun/funny. My favorite guy in there is Marth so far, mostly because I can just mash buttons and do cool stuff. XD

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
Awesome jobs guys. Everything is so much fun. Loving Mewtwo, especially the ability to attack out of teleport. That feels like it should have always been there. And the alt costumes are pretty much universally excellent. Love it.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Ok there are so many things the thank the PMBR for, but I'll keep it simple. Every alt costume looks absolutely fantastic. Whoever designed Yoshi, Kirby, and Roy have really outdone themselves they are all freaking amazing, and I want to give a shout-out to Strong Bad for all the hard work he put in, letting me play a couple days early, introducing me to a bunch of other smashers in my area, and just generally being an awesome guy.

Ragiroth

Smash Cadet
-Bringing back Mewtwo (At least before Nintendo does) and making him cooler and better
-Bringing back Roy and making him cooler and better
-For bring alt costumes for more characters and making them ****ing sick. (Wolf, Bowser, Mewtwo, and Lucas's are bonerific)

Probably more but I'll keep it short. You did great. Thanks a lot!

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
There are so many great things about this that I have trouble narrowing down anything in particular, but all of it really.

-The alternate costumes down to the actual pills dr mario fires(!)
-the new characters
-turbo mode
-the new characters
-the stages that were changed
-the whole 'feel' of the game, which feels tighter and more responsive and just generally more comfortable
-I can tell some re-balancing was done based on how radically different bowser feels. I'm not sure what other changes were made in what ways but the differences I seem to feel are all good ones. Just generally tighter and nippier movements everywhere. A lot of hits that had that Brawl sort of 'slosh' hit to them now have a clean pop in there somewhere, just to let you know you got the job done.
-the new freaking characters

...i'd spend more time thanking you guys but i'm too busy playing the damn thing

so it feels better to you? does it feel a lot better or just better than 2.6?

fZk

Smash Lord
I swear, if the PMBR put this thing in a disk and sold it at Gamestop or something I would gladly walk in and plunk down 60 bucks for it.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I thank the pmbr for giving me a great game, one where I can just sit down with friends and family and have a good time. I'm glad I got to play 3.0 at least once before I have to go, for I'm going to be gone for an unknown amount of time where I won't be able to play any games, or go post on smashboards for that matter.
So with that I say thank you and farewell to everyone!

Goodbye!

#meleegangordontbang

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Fire Peach and Shadow Peach look amazing. Makes me want to pick up the character.

I love all the recolors and new skins. Really just adds a lot more to the game.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Everywhere you look in the game, whether it's just some smoothed out textures, a small balance tweak here or there, or something as major as a new character or alt, it's so easy to tell how much love, blood, sweat, and tears the PMBR have put into this.
The only other games that have the same unmistakable evidence of joy and love are the first-party games Nintendo themselves make.
Thanks, PMBR, for all of your hard work and dedication. You all deserve a spot helping Sakurai make SSB4!
Oh, and hopefully with my next paycheck I'll be able to pick up a t-shirt, just so you guys can at least make a LITTLE money...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Things I'm super happy for
-Peach's Castle (Melee): I never liked this stage in Melee, but the redesign is great, and it's a nice map thanks to the hovering side platforms. Nice redesign touch.
-Distant Planet: A nice redesign of SSE Jungle. That "weight sensitive" platform feature is a nice touch IMO.
-I love the higher roofs, especially on Dracula's Castle.
-I love the new direction changes on Norfair.
-Snake's smoking taunt is so funny, especially with the damage and Metal Gear Solid sound effect.
-Link's new light press side taunt is awesome, much like Ness' up taunt. That nostalgia...
-Mewtwo's held like up taunt, exactly like Diddy Kong's up taunt, is incredible.
-All of Mewtwo's and Roy's new taunts need a shout out. They're all very much like them in their respective franchises.
-Bowser's "Hold R" (from the character select screen) Secret: Wow. Just Wow. Amazing. Especially with Dry Bones Bowser.
-Roy's Final Smash: The same as Marth's (essentially), but super cinematic and super cool.
-Dr. Mario and his alternate colors: Just an awesome aesthetics.
-Mr. L is the greatest alternate costume in human history.
-Fire Peach is hype, and Shadow Princess Peach is super hype.
-Dry Bones Bowser is super duper hype.
-Punch-Out Wii Donkey Kong is cool.
-Melee Link and his colors are extremely well made and awesome.
-Outset Clothes/New Hero Outfit Toon Link is just a BAMF.
-Yoshi's 4 new colors are great. Mango/orange Yoshi is hype, but man, Purple Yoshi might be the best recolor ever. It looks smooth as can be.
-Meta Knight's butterfly design red color is amazing. Now Meta Knight can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee! :grin:
-Fox's and Falco's Melee outfits and (complete) recolors are amazing, and super cool.
-Star Fox 64 Wolf is amazing.
-Piratechu is epic, and Party Hat Pikachu is hype.
-Jigglypuff's fairy outfit (WITH SPARKLES!!!) and Melee crown are sweet.
-Lucario's new 2 colors (dat shiny Lucario and dem eyes) are awesome additions.
-Squirtle's, Ivysaur's, and Charizard's new recolor is sweet, just like all the previous recolors you guys did for them.
-Mewtwo's Melee colors look way better than in Melee, and his two armored outfits are amazing.
-Ness' pajama look from the beginning of EarthBound is pure nostalgic goodness. That cracked bat (the first weapon in said game) is an awesome addition.
-Same with Lucas and his outfit and his sword. That's just too cool for school.
-Marth's purple outfit is cool (although it's been in since 2.6, but I thought it needed another shout out).
-Roy's new grey/black color is awesome.
-Olimar's 1 new color is pretty sweet.
-Virtual Boy ROB is hypeeee!!!!
-Sonic's recolors (although I think they're the same as 2.6) are amazing.
-Samus is really cool. Her offense is way more versatile, her moveset is super interesting, and I just love how everything she does functions together.
-Yoshi is a freaking BAMF. I love it baby. His super armor and moves are all super awesome.
-Kirby is incredible. Like holy crap. It's like you made a better Smash 64 Kirby!!! :psycho: I might have to play him, and maybe even main him.
-Mewtwo is incredibly overhauled. From the forward smash range to the neutral air priority, to hovering, to moves out of teleport (up B), Mewtwo has it all.
-Ice Climbers simple (Wobbles-less) approach is awesome. The chain grab-centric moveset really works with them.
-Roy is like my new secret main. He's just.... near perfect. He's got everything you could possibly want for him.
-I gotta say I like the "keep it simple" Olimar approach. That made him really neat, and his movement, moveset, and just general made him more useful.
-Snake's new side B (the Tranquilizer Gun) is awesome.
-Most of the 2.6b character changes are super awesome.
-Turbo Mode is super hard, but ridiculously fun. I freaking am addicted to it like it is a drug.
-Whenever you land a 0 to death, especially rising from the bottom to off the top of the screen, you know you earned it, and it's mad hype. Those feels man. :grin:
-The fact most of the (advanced) techniques are a lot easier to time which thus puts more emphasis on timing.
-The super awesome new camera, which actually keeps up with the action.
-The vastly improved HUD.
-The fact Project M now focuses way more on the off the stage game, which is exactly what it needed (for more hype).
-Again, the Bowser "R button" trick is amazing.

In other words...

...THANK YOU BASED PROJECT M BACK ROOM!!!!

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Pretty much everything, but also thank you for taking the time to work on items and final smashes and crap like that. It means I can actually play this game with my brother and his fiance who won't play without them.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I've had so much fun playing 3.0. Mewtwo is really satisfying to play, especially when you do things like extend your combos and techchase with upb. PMBR members are my heroes :colorful:

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I thank the pmbr for giving me a great game, one where I can just sit down with friends and family and have a good time. I'm glad I got to play 3.0 at least once before I have to go, for I'm going to be gone for an unknown amount of time where I won't be able to play any games, or go post on smashboards for that matter.
So with that I say thank you and farewell to everyone!

Goodbye!

#meleegangordontbang
Goodbye!
I'll miss seeing yoko on your sig
I'm probably going to be less active on smashboards now as well

Renji64

Smash Lord
Thank you for all the hardwork guys idk if the wifi is better but i was playing it having a good time P:M is amazing.

BEES

Smash Lord
I just noticed how the computer taunts with space animals. JC shines. Classy. :grin: Also I noticed it dashdances a lot more, though it may have done that before and I just never noticed.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
The Icies feel so smooth and desynch easier and they feel easier to control. They're still not easy to use but I feel a lot cooler easier so yeah. Thanks for buffin mah Icies dudes. I appreciate.
Also Fairy Jiggs is fabulous and I will learn the Puff game and main her next to Icies and DK just so I can see that costume more.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't even know where to even start. I'll just put it here:

Thanks for making me see the light of a day where I get to play a Smash Bros-game that takes in both best of the most popular iterations so far (Melee & Brawl) and can be build onto both while keeping amazing amount of polish and dedication from just so many sources that the demographic will enjoy. I'm afraid Sakurai would have never got to that point and we'd be stuck with perhaps more polarizing entries if Brawl's what's supposed to be "the real" rendition of Smash Bros.

And you just chose to take it into even bigger level. I'm just awestruck. And really happy.

Thanks for making me realize that just because Sakurai went in his own way to do Smash-games which can alienated certain audiences people or just didn't seem to take in some of the fanbases due biasment or other factors, doesn't mean that we can't implement those on our own without tempering with all the quality he had put in those games and mocking it. And most of all, that Sakurai's philosophy is the only way that we can get enjoyable Smash-games which are brim with quality and polishment for casuals and competitive audiences alike. I'll always be cherishing the Wario I knew and loved from the iconic WarioLand games and even then he's a formidable and very well-engineered fighter. And even then there's all the mains that I thank highly for getting buffed or receiving many tools from past games that enables them to best of every iteration. I don't feel forced to play according to matchup so severely anymore like in Brawl or being cripple down by some bad mains in Melee (especially Kirby).

Last but not the least, thanks for making me fall in love with Super Smash Bros-series all over again.With so many shoutouts, returned and new mechanics, new/returning characters (the Kanto Trio + Melee Reps), your mod is the culmination of love to everything about Smash Bros, Nintendo, and most of all, both of the audiences behind the series featured in SSB. And just to think you only achieved this feat amazingly, just by doing modding. A heart-felt, absolutely professional and dedicated modding.

Just. Kudos PMBR.

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
thanks for making swd easier since I suck

strongbad I see you in here good luck with your car dude

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
First I'd like to say that I've followed Smashboards for awhile because I always liked the idea of competitive smash but never really had the opportunity to play competitive. There is no way I could keep up with most of you guys, I'm just not that good compared to those smash legends you hear about.

Anyway when I heard about Project M I was hyped to say the least. I was not getting a 3DS or a Nintendo Wii U so my ability to play Smash 4 was nonexistent but you guys at the PMBR have given me something better. To be honest I was not that excited about Smash 4 anyway. Nothing I've heard about it jumps at me at all.

However Project M has caused me to make an account on Smashboards and for my first post I want to thank you. When Project M 3.0 was announced I was counting down the days and I was one of those people checking facebook and here, refreshing the page all day on launch day. Project M is everything it was hyped to be and more. I just want to thank the PMBR for putting in the time and effort to give us this incredible game. You dreamed of creating the worlds greatest smash game and you succeeded. Thank you.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Like some people here, Project M revived the flame of Super Smash Bros that laid dormant in me.

So for that, I would like to thank you all for the work you put in that project. I have not been able to try my hand at P:M 3.0 yet, but I'm looking forward to try all the new things you implemented.

Once again, thank you all. ^^

Top Bottom