• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 on Wii using homebrew, no disc

Overload

Smash Lord
I have the homebrew channel installed, an SD card inserted with USB Loader GX and the PM Launcher, and a flash drive with the PM iso. I launch USB Loader from homebrew but it doesn't see anything on my flash drive. How do I use these three things in conjunction to start playing PM on my wii?

MaxThunder

PM Support
are you sure you have the flash drive inserted in the right usb port (the one closest to the edge)?.. also are you sure you have put the iso in the right folder?..

Overload

Smash Lord
are you sure you have the flash drive inserted in the right usb port (the one closest to the edge)?.. also are you sure you have put the iso in the right folder?..
I tried both ports, and the iso is the only thing on the drive.

Overload

Smash Lord
Is it in the right folder?

/wbfs/RSBE01/, or /wbfs/RSBEPM/ if you built a PM ISO
The .iso is on the root of the drive. i used the "Project M 3.5 ISO Builder [OFFLINE USE ONLY]" to build it. I put the brawl iso in the folder, ran it, and it made the iso. I was never prompted for anything.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The .iso is on the root of the drive.
yeah. You have to put it in the correct folder for the USB loader to see it.
/wbfs/RSBEPM/ would be a possible correct location in this instance (you can also have stuff like /wbfs/Super_Smash_Bros._Project_M_[RSBEPM]/).

Overload

Smash Lord
yeah. You have to put it in the correct folder for the USB loader to see it.
/wbfs/RSBEPM/ would be a possible correct location in this instance (you can also have stuff like /wbfs/Super_Smash_Bros._Project_M_[RSBEPM]/).
I created the wbfs and RSBEPM folders and put the iso there, but that didn't make a difference. I'm assuming people don't normally have to create these folders manually, so what's the process that leads to the creation of these folders in the first place?

MaxThunder

PM Support
unless they are using some save manager program that has setting for making the folders to put thegame on there then they actually have to make those folders manually...
did you try calling it Super_Smash_Bros._Project_M_[RSBEPM] ?..
also is the iso itself called RSBEPM?..

Last edited:

Overload

Smash Lord
unless they are using some save manager program that has setting for making the folders to put thegame on there then they actually have to make those folders manually...
did you try calling it Super_Smash_Bros._Project_M_[RSBEPM] ?..
also is the iso itself called RSBEPM?..
yes and yes. still nothing. this would be a lot simpler if someone just showed a screenshot of their configuration.

Overload

Smash Lord
NTFS worked, but it shows up as Brawl, and launching it brings me back to the home screen. How do I use the PM launcher?

Overload

Smash Lord
You don't with an ISO. Maybe try rebuilding the ISO?
Project M 3.5 ISO Builder [OFFLINE USE ONLY] is the builder i'm using. the iso launches as pm in dolphin but not on the wii.

Last edited:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
make sure to disable all ocarina and hooktype options. watch the general settings and the game setting.
And for a flawless launch on NTFS usb device, transfert the backup in the usb device with WiiBackupManager, choose the transfert mode that convert .iso to .wbfs in a wbfs\ directory at the root of your sb device. i never succed to run iso backup on NTFS with UsbLoaderGx but .wbfs backup just work very good.

For the perfect projectm Fullset ISO Build, check my review about what i did (no need of pm files in the SD card). the link is in my signature.
the process is so perfect that i can succed now in building a projectm Wifi Safe ISO, it still build me a Fullset ISO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom