• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/8/09 ~ Play 'N Trade ~ SSBB ~ Woodstock, GA

Rayku

Smash Lord
One big thing about this little tournament.

Since it's starting kind of late, and I know of a few people that want to do teams, I'm going to be as anal as possible about getting matches done as quickly as possible. This will be done in a timely manner, and I won't hesitate to give someone a game/match loss for being late for their match.

:)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
One big thing about this little tournament.

Since it's starting kind of late, and I know of a few people that want to do teams, I'm going to be as anal as possible about getting matches done as quickly as possible. This will be done in a timely manner, and I won't hesitate to give someone a game/match loss for being late for their match.

:)
Cool.

Guess what? Cortez (Eric) won't be showing up. He is just one **** busy Asian. He said he might show up a bit later to chill though. I really think only 3 teams are going to enter...

Maybe you and Biglou can sandbag on some other scrub teams to encourage them.

ShadyEagle7

Smash Rookie
Cool.

Guess what? Cortez (Eric) won't be showing up. He is just one **** busy Asian. He said he might show up a bit later to chill though. I really think only 3 teams are going to enter...

Maybe you and Biglou can sandbag on some other scrub teams to encourage them.
Aww, I was looking forward to seeing Cortez play. I haven't seen him in a long time.

Umby

Smash Master
Ok, guys. So there's a decent chance of me getting a ride, but I made my bank deposit late, so I might not have any money until Monday. If that's the case, is there anyone willing to help with my entry fee? I can pay you back at next Waba or something.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
So far the teams are

Biglou + Rayku
Umby + Zom~B
Albino + scrub
scrub + scrub
scrub + scrub

cool.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Falco?! As long as you can't do all the crazy wavedashie reverse chain grab stuff like Kismet then I am fine with that! haha.

Edit:
Albino: play me in Brawl instead of Melee this time >:-)
I would mm you but all I have is a quarter.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
OH MY GOD
YOU'RE DOING SINGLES FIRST?!?
WTF MAN .___________.
ugh im going to be late then
should i even come now its like 40minutes from me <_<
*leaves*

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
1. BigLou
2. Zom~B
3. Rayku
4. Umby
5-34. Local Scrub (I have no idea who placed where in the brackets...)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
1. BigLou
2. Zom~B
3. Rayku
4. Umby
5-34. Local Scrub (I have no idea who placed where in the brackets...)
I heard 5th place was Rob Kent (Seria).

I really wish I could've stayed to finish the losers' bracket. I was doing really well. I probably could've made 4th or 5th. But wait. I think Rayku said my next match was against him.

Here's my story if any of you are interested:
I made it to the (winners') quarter finals where I had to verse Zom~B. He wins the first match (Smashville Zom~B (ROB) vs BBQ (G&W)). I win the second match (Brinstar Zom~B (ROB) vs BBQ (G&W)). He wins the third match (Brinstar Zom~B (Snake) vs BBQ (G&W)). All of our matches were super close and I think my new favorite stage with G&W is Brinstar. So, he sends me to losers' bracket, but by this time it is already 7:00, and that's when I had to leave for Sunday school, so I never got to play my other matches :(
So I didn't place because I had to go. Rayku got a bye in place of our match.

I tech chase like a G.

MK2

Smash Rookie
I would say rob (sierra) got very lucky with his match ups or there is no way he would have gotten 5th place. If the ever have another tourney they should try and be a little more organized, thank you rayku for bringing those wii's, and basically running the whole thing :p

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah. People at Play N Trade acted as if they'd never seen a Wii before. I was angry.

Hopefully, if we do another one, they'll actually let me do things the proper way. *shrug*

We can have a teams tourney, too. They were really enthused to have doubles after hearing that like...10 people were wanting teams.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I would say rob (sierra) got very lucky with his match ups or there is no way he would have gotten 5th place. If the ever have another tourney they should try and be a little more organized, thank you rayku for bringing those wii's, and basically running the whole thing :p
I was pretty pissed for various reasons:

1) They thought a gamecube memory card would save Brawl and put the save file on the other Wiis. It was truly a godsend for Rayku to just happen to come up with 3 Wiis with everything unlocked (mine, his, and Umby's.)

2) We only played on four TVs. There were four TVs on the other side that weren't used at all.

3) Lag. Even with the component cables, there was still a bit lag, and two of the TVs didn't have component cables.

4) The TO made us wait for all matches to be over with before the next line of people could play. Not even an idiot would think to do this. There were soooo many times where there was only 1 tournament match going on and 3 other open TVs, and everyone was waiting for them to be finished so the next line people could do their tournament match.

5) Taking WAY too long to start. The tournament was supposed to start at 4:00. We didn't start until 5:15. Everything was pretty disatrous in the beginning, but I'm glad it all settled. If we would've started on time, then I could've finished my bracket matches before having to leave.

Despite all this, it was a decent tournament, and I had a great time. The next tournament will definitely be a lot more organized, and you all need to come despite my negativity. There are tons of scrubs there to boost your esteem while moving up in the brackets, so by the time you are in your serious matches you'll do fine.

By the way, this was about a 35-entrant tournament.

Umby

Smash Master
The reason the other 4 tvs weren't being used was probably due to the lack of setups to use for Brawl.

But I laughed my ass off when I heard about the guy trying to use a GCN memory card to copy Brawl data. Then he tried to put an SD card in the memory card slot. Hilarious.

Rayku

Smash Lord
The other 4 TV's weren't used because they were still open, and they were used by people who wanted to "Play N Test games."

The primary thing that upset me was that we weren't even -allowed- to bring our own setups. Like, no extra TV's without lag to play on.

I complain a lot.

Tenki

Smash Hero
the guy trying to use a GCN memory card to copy Brawl data. Then he tried to put an SD card in the memory card slot
:urg:

wat.

was there a pot split, or did they go with the original prizes?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
The other 4 TV's weren't used because they were still open, and they were used by people who wanted to "Play N Test games."

The primary thing that upset me was that we weren't even -allowed- to bring our own setups. Like, no extra TV's without lag to play on.

I complain a lot.
no johns

10johns

BBQ°

Smash Champion
:urg:

wat.

was there a pot split, or did they go with the original prizes?
There wasn't a pot split, but it wasn't the original prizes either.

First place: $100
Second place: $30
Third place: $20
For participating: Pizza, soda, a PnT t-shirt, coupons and the like.

They were nice to us with all the free stuff, especially since it was only a $5 entrance fee, but they make tons of money off us. The PnT t-shirt is free advertising. The coupons just encourage us to use them at the store. The cash prize is store credit.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Nope. Just the first few. I would have had the official results, but the dude was like "We don't need your help." The reason I wanted to run it on my TIO is because I could have had the full results. Next time I'll force it on 'em or something. Sorry.

1st BigLou
2nd ZOM~B
3rd Rayku
4th Umby

Top Bottom