• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 new character confirmation?(not the lucario,ness,jigs)

Maben

Smash Journeyman
First post fails...you link a Japanese website we all can't read and then ask us to translate it. If you used the Google translator then why not link the site with the Google translation?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It says "Jigglypuff, Ridley, Falco"

So one of them IS Jigglypuff, although your title didn't say so :p Not sure on the credibility, but very interesting, and worth more "investigation" IMO.

Sephiroth_Ultima

Smash Cadet
You guys fail, the text is hidden (white on white) to avoid spoiling to people accidentally reaching the page, you have highlight the text to see it.

(I'm not saying the leak is real though)

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
1. Burin (Pokemmon Sutaa Yori) (Jigglypuff?)
2. Fuaruko (SutaaFuokkusu Yori) (No idea)
3. Ridori (Metoroido Yori) (Ridley?)

Don't have time to translate rest.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
No pics, it says Falco is unlocked via 15 min Brawl again (when he was un-locked via 100 man Brawl), and you need to beat the SSE with Samus to un-lock Ridley? You do not choose your character in the SSE.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Someone needs to translate the rest of the page. But it's Jigglypuff, Falco and Ridley. Just highlight the white area. Would need to have a translation of the rest to check the validity...

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
There's no reason to believe this is credible as we can't verify it. Just because it's Japanese doesn't make it more likely.

But it has some details too. It says Jiggs is revealed after Target Tests, and that Falco came after a battle with Master Hand and something involving "15 minutes." The Ridley notes were more unclear, but definitely referred to the SSE.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I hope this is truth. Ridley is my top most wanted character.

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
if you go to one of the hidden links on there you can see a youtube video . cant see it now cause im at work and so no youtube T_T. but if you do highlight it , it does say jiggly,falco and ridley

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
"MULTILINGUALISM!"
"SAGACIOUSNESS!"
"ZEN!"
"FAIRNESS!"
"COMMON SENSE!"

"By your powers combined I am... SAMURAI PANDA!!!!!!!!! - THE TRUUUUTH IS YOURS!"

Olimar7

Smash Rookie
I think the Ridley one may refer to beating Ridley in SSE with samus, if true.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If this is actually credible then the ROB 35 roster goes down the drain... Ridley wasn't in it.

Jiggs not unlocked through classic mode? :( Either that's upsetting... or the site is a lie.

I'm gonn use Google translator and link it, here:

Clicky

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
and you need to beat the SSE with Samus to un-lock Ridley? You do not choose your character in the SSE.

According to some SSE info I received from Japan, the SSE is divided into "chapters" about 50 min each, and perhaps this pertains to beating Samus's chapter. But that's assuming both of these leaks are true. I'm still waiting on further comfirmation.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Me too actually, not a Ridley fan, but if this is somehow credible (I can't think of any reason to believe it though...) then we may still be surprised by the roster. Guess we'll just have to wait huh? ;D

EDIT: If the site is just your average Japanese Nintendo fansite, there is no reason showing the video gives it less credibility. They may show it for the same "this is interesting... have a look" reason that any English site would.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Fascinating - "wii-ds.com" eh? Sounds like it may be an official site, though of course thats just a first impression. Can we get someone proficient in Japanese to translate fully and determine the validity of this? If its true, we can throw the 35-character roster out the window, and Ridley fans can rejoice.

Zevox

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Also, I think on the SSE thing - considering you get to replay so much with all the collecting of stickers and trophy podiums and whatnot maybe you can do stages on different difficulties with your char on choice - just stages ripped out of the story, for challenge and sticker collecting.

Also, "beating SSE with Samus" could be vague - maybe you have to beat a certain segment with Samus, as in the story forces you to unlock Ridley as you progress. By clubbing his *** with Samus. After all, this is the most probable way for chars to be unlocked in SSE, right?

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
This website previously did liveblogs of whobby. Just a tidbit of info.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Ridley is indeed playable, that whole 35 character roster is deconfirmed. MarkMan said that he was 1000% sure Ridley was not playable. This site has been the source of many rumors regarding Brawl, and I find it quite helpful. We need a translation stat.

finalark

SNORLAX
..... okay, does anyone feel like actually translating the article instead talking about what most of us can't even read?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Argh >.< I got Google translator on it! It'll do, seriously, just look at my post at the top of the page :p

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Fascinating - "wii-ds.com" eh? Sounds like it may be an official site, though of course thats just a first impression. Can we get someone proficient in Japanese to translate fully and determine the validity of this? If its true, we can throw the 35-character roster out the window, and Ridley fans can rejoice.

Zevox
If by "rejoice" you mean "doing what Dr. Cox in Scrubs did when Jordan's pregnancy test showed a negative" then yes, "rejoice" is the word for what I'll be preoccupied with until the sun rises.

(he ran down the street in boxers and a tee blubbering in relief)

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
I think a translation is not that important, we get the gist of it and they are posting it as fact, its a matter of whether or not they will have a follow up with visual evidence.

sultanofsurreal

Smash Cadet
As far as beating SSE with Samus goes. I imagine by the end of the game, all the characters have met up and you can probably choose whoever you want to finish the final stage/boss with. In fact, whether this "leak" is true or not, I'm sure of it. How else could the game end?

Netto-kun

Smash Rookie
・プリン(ターゲットをこわせ!で何らかの条件を満たすと出現) Taagetto o kowase? I guess it says something about unlocking Jigglypuff by playing reaching some conditions in the "Break the Target" Mode.
・ファルコ(百人組み手で、15分生き残ると出現) Says something about 100-man melee, surviving for 15 mins to make him appear. (I don't know why it says both 100-man Melee and surviving for 15 mins)
・リドリー(サムスで『亜空の使者』をクリアすると出現) Clear Subspace Emissary with Samus (or it could also be; Clear part of Subspace Emissary with Samus) to make him appear.

Edit: Oh, I am still learning Japanese, hence my partial translation might be pretty vague.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I think a final battle could possibly include Mario, or it could include each character swapping out to perform certain parts of the boss. It would make sense if these characters were the original 8. Either that or could could choose, dunno :p

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
You don't even need the translator to see their names :p though you do for the technique.

It's not official Nintendo no, it's a blog. There's no reason to believe it's 100% credible for the moment being. Geeze the net is going crazy with that Brawl stuff.

Pendragonslayer

Smash Cadet
I'm curious as to what:

"Image did not catch it, which is not published.
(Show them, probably quite low quality)
After all, everyone's eyes to see the actual please."

means. It's not clear from google. If he's promising low-res pics later, I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.

Top Bottom