• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

A gaudy titlecard to get you in the Halloween mood way early? Spooky!

As one, you and seventeen other people snap awake and find yourselves in an old, musty library. It's enormous; the shelves run so high and stretch on so far that you can't see the walls of the room.

Surrounding you are tables laden with food, treats, a bowl of punch... it looks like you were all having a party. A Halloween party, judging by the Jack O' Lantern on the table. As you try to come to grips, you realize that everybody is wearing a costume. You look down at yourself -- you have a rush of memory as you realize that you do know what costume it is you're wearing.

You're glad to remember that much. Did you drink too much last night? Everything is a haze. You can't remember who any of these people are or what their costumes might be. You can't even remember who you are. It must've been some party for everyone to pass out on the floor like that.

Apparently it was too much party for one unfortunate person. In the center of the room lies... well, Hamlet. Unlike the others, he didn't get up. Someone checks his pulse.

He's dead. He's very dead. You couldn't get much deader than that.

But what killed him? He has no wounds on his body, no bruising on the neck. Poison in the food, maybe? What kills without leaving a mark?

Everybody runs for the doors. But not a single door will budge. The windows do open... to a sheer plummet that leaves no hope for survival. An expanse of empty countryside is in view.

You look at everyone in turn, and they all return your wary glance. You must be connected to these people somehow. But one or more of these people must've committed this murder, and you're locked in with them. If you could only remember who you are, or who they are... but for now, you'll have to make do with democratic mob justice!
Fundamentals______________________
  1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. Upon death, you will be notified of the existence of a green room where you may speak to myself and other dead players, if such a room exists for this game.
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to have conversations in your Quicktopic, or to post all conversation logs you have. You are not allowed to quote private conversations in-thread or share QT links; you may paraphrase, just use common sense.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  6. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You may not post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). Take special note that if you do have communication with other players outside of the thread, this rule does not apply within said conversation.
  7. You are not allowed to post any images from your role PM.
  8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques within this main game thread.
  10. You must post in English within this main game thread.

Voting and Lynching_________________
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: JTB.
  2. To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Overswarm. Unvoting prior to revoting is not required, but is appreciated.
  3. ”No Lynch” is a viable voting option and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. Players who cast the final vote in a lynch are strongly encouraged to post the word hammer in various colours and text sizes. Image macros, Youtube links, and/or references to parachute pants are not officially sanctioned, but will be permitted if exceptionally funny.
  6. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  7. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. Videos you just have to share can be private messaged to me directly for safekeeping. ;) You know the ones.

Activity and Deadline________________
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your punishment, replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. Day cycles will be 7 days long. (168 hours if you'll be keeping track with an hourglass or similar.)
  3. The players may vote for one (1) deadline extension of up to 48 hours, as fitting. In the event I need to replace a player, I may also extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Other than by these events, no deadline extensions are likely to be granted.
  4. Nights will last 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, so I don't have to wait until deadline to know. That said, deadlines are deadlines, and I will not accept late actions unless you beg really hard.
  5. In the event of Crashboards, I will be wishy-washy about any of the above rules as necessary.

Game-specific Rules and Notes_______
  1. In this game, you will play as an amnesiac. Once a phase (both Day and Night) you will be allowed to PM me with a guess to the true theme of this game. If you guess correctly, you will be sent a new role PM. Having regained your memory, you will remember who you are (your true character), and you'll be informed of and able to make use of any natural ability you might have.
  2. If you gain abilities from a correct guess during a phase, you can make use of them that same phase, if they apply.
  3. There is at least one standard mafia faction in this game. Like everyone else, they are amnesiacs and will have to guess at the true theme. Until they do, they will have no private communication. I will not reveal whether or not they know the identities of their partners. I will reveal that they do have a nightly kill, but I will not reveal the manner of its choosing.
  4. To confirm the receipt of your role PM, please send me a theme guess for Night 0 i.e. the confirmation phase. If you guess correctly and your role applies to Night 0, you may use it. Night 0 is a phase of this game. The mafia cannot kill during Night 0.
  5. When the true theme has been discovered by all living players, I will announce the true theme of the game.
  6. Until the true theme has been announced, role reveals upon death will only reveal that player's costume and alignment. After the announcement, prior role reveals will receive revisions to their corresponding true characters.

Other Notes______________________
  1. I do not confirm or deny the existence of any awesome roles such as Jester etc. in this game. If such roles do exist, expect that adequate counterbalance has been taken for them. Actually there are no jesters.
  2. I do not confirm or deny the existence of independent roles or third factions.
  3. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  4. I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
  5. I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
  6. Natural Action Resolution a-gogo, baby.

“Alas, poor Yorick!”

Welcome to the game! You are dressed as Hamlet, as seen in Hamlet (1996). You are town.

...Or rather you were, because now you lay dead on the floor. Who killed you? That is the question.

Win condition:
You are town-aligned, and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
  1. Swiss
  2. JO_OEY X1-12
  3. Gova
  4. Acrostic JTB
  5. Circus
  6. Raziek Gheb_01
  7. Red Ryu
  8. July
  9. Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!!
  10. Dark Horse
  11. Soupamario Vult Redux
  12. Sworddancer
  13. Ranmaru As-Di-Oh! GX
  14. J Asdioh
  15. asianaussie
  16. Shadow Moth
  17. SangfroidWarrior
  18. traveling cat Tandora

Subs: You?!
  • Dark Horse was dressed as Italian Guy at Vatican, as seen in Eurotrip (2004).
    He was really Igor Karkaroff, Town Miller. Lynched Day 1.
  • Circus was dressed as Marvin, as seen in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005).
    He was really Severus Snape, Town Potions Master. Died Night 1.
  • Sworddancer was dressed as Alice Kingsleigh, as seen in Alice in Wonderland (2010)...
    He was really Dolores Umbridge, Independent Ministry Register. Died Night 2.
  • Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!! was dressed as Dr. John Watson, as seen in The Hound of the Baskervilles (2002).
    He was really Quirinus Quirrell, Mafia Horcrux-Yakuza. Lynched Day 3.
  • Swiss was dressed as Kazran Sardick, as seen in A Christmas Carol (2010), an episode of Doctor Who.
    He was really Albus Dumbledore, Town Leader of the Light. Died Night 3.
  • Asdioh was dressed as Lady Van Tassel, as seen in Sleepy Hollow (1999).
    He was really Rita Skeeter, Town Yellow Journalist. Lynched Day 4.
  • Red Ryu was ???, ??? ???. Died Night 4.
    He was later revealed to be dressed as Albus Dumbledore, as seen in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001).
    He was really Tonks, Town Metamorphmagus.
  • Gheb_01 was dressed as Bridget's Mum, as seen in Bridget Jones's Diary (2001).
    He was really Madam Pomfrey, Town Nurse. Lynched Day 5.
  • asianaussie was ???, ??? ???. Died Night 5.
    He was later revealed to be dressed as Nanny McPhee, as seen in Nanny McPhee (2005).
    He was really Sybill Trelawney, Town Grim Voyeur-Prophet.
  • SangfroidWarrior was dressed as Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg, as seen in The Fifth Element (1997).
    She was really Sirius Black, Town Marauder-Mason. Died Night 6.
  • Tandora was dressed as Cohen the Barbarian, as seen in The Colour of Magic (2008).
    She was really Argus Filch, Mafia Creepy Janitor. Lynched Day 7.
  • Gova was dressed as Arthur Sherlock Holmes, as seen in The Strange Case of the End of Civilization As We Know It (1977).
    He was actually Nearly Headless Nick, Town Ghostly Tracker. Died Night 7.
  • Vult Redux was dressed as Winston Churchill, as seen in Into the Storm (2009).
    He was actually Barty Crouch Jr., Mafia Godfather. Lynched Day 8.
  • Shadow Moth was dressed as King Einon, as seen in DragonHeart (1996).
    He was originally Remus Lupin, Town Marauder-Mason.
    He became Remus Lupin, Mafia Goon, possessed by Voldemort. Lynched Day 9.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

Roles are planned to go out tonight. As such, I really need to know if anyone is going to drop -- as it is, I've still got an open spot at the last minute. Let me know if playing this game is a problem before you get your role, I cannot stress that enough. Thank you.

Important info:

The player list has changed. Ryker and Kuz are hydraing. Gordito has dropped and I've contacted someone in replacement.

If anyone would like to put their name down for replacement, let me know.

#HBC | Nabe

Roles are going out. Make sure you've familiarized yourself with the rules, particularly the game-specific rules as there's a little nugget in there about how to confirm. The thread is getting a lock.

Best of luck in discovering the theme. A thought to get you a step in the right direction: You've lost your memory. Perhaps you can start by asking yourself, "Who am I?"

It is now Night 0.

#HBC | Nabe

Day 1 -- 10/18 to lynch!

Is that guy still dead?

Well, it was worth taking a second look. You never know with dead people.​

----------------------------------------

Swiss
JO_OEY
Gova
Acrostic
Circus
Raziek
Red Ryu
July
Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!!
Dark Horse
Soupamario
Sworddancer
Ranmaru
J
asianaussie
Shadow Moth
SangfroidWarrior
traveling cat

When in costume, are you the character that costume represents? In reality, no. Beneath the surface, who are you really?
When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin.

Day 1 has begun! With 18 players remaining, it's 10 votes to lynch!
Deadline has been set for August 20th at 1:00 p.m. EST.

I didn't make this very clear, but if you have any questions about your role PM, then by common sense you can ask me, naturally. I might not answer all of them, but I'll gladly answer any question that I think or would expect to be common knowledge.

A reminder as well, and clarification: You can send in your D1 theme guess at any time during the Day phase. I will allow late guesses at Twilight, but my Twilights tend to be very, very short. Don't dawdle.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote: Erupting Burning CELLOOO

play like you did in TWEWY

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Travelling Cat

This name is new to me. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I read Inception again because of that.

Swiss sup with u. no list this game?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There are so many people in this game. And none of them are Cello. Ya'll can eat me.

Vote: SangfroidWarrior since nobody's doin' that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey TC. Saw you viewing but u no say anything? : [

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
'Ello Acrostic.

I c wut did thar. ;o

#HBC | Nabe

Votecount 1-1

10/18 to lynch.

Joey [2]: Red Ryu, Shadow Moth
Swiss [1]: Sworddancer
Acrostic [1]: Gova
Circus [1]: J
EBR! [1]: Soupamario
Soupamario [1]: asianaussie
Ranmaru [1]: Acrostic
J [1]: SangfroidWarrior
Shadow Moth [1]: Joey
SangfroidWarrior [1]: Circus
traveling cat [1]: Ranmaru

Not voting: Swiss, Raziek, July, EBR!, Dark Horse, traveling cat

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Swiss
Joey > Shadow Moth
Gova > Acrostic
Acrostic > Ranmaru
Circus > SangfroidWarrior
Raziek
Red Ryu > Joey
July
EBR!
Dark Horse
Soupamario > EBR!
Sworddancer > Swiss
Ranmaru > traveling cat
J > Circus
asianaussie > Soupamario
Shadow Moth > Joey
SangfroidWarrior > J
traveling cat
[/collapse]
[collapse=Edit Log]Edit 1: Added a vote for Acrostic from Gova; see P30.
[/collapse]

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What a crazy votecount. Clearly Joey is scum since he's the only one who is getting voted by more than one person.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Think you have it the other way around. Clearly scum would be on the larger wagons. :bee: (Only exception is if the wagon stalled a bit, then Joey could be scum in that situation)

Swiss

Smash Lord
There are so many people in this game. And none of them are Cello. Ya'll can eat me.

Vote: SangfroidWarrior since nobody's doin' that.
Oh, Clown.

Maybe you'll win this time.

By which I mean you might be my alignment this time.

Doubt it, though. Sure is tough luck on your part.

Top Bottom