• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No answer/fluff:
Policy lynch?
RVS, or RQS?
Walls, or one liners?
Who in the playerlist is hardest to read?
Who in the playerlist is easiest to read?
Do you have a rival in this game?
If so, who?
Do you trust people easily, or do you have a hard time trusting others?
You are told you must offer handholding. Who would be your picks?
Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist? (As in, have you seen their play to meta them, or heard stories about them?)

Obvious what people would answer:
Wagon along, or create your own?
LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)
Lurking, or active posting?

Red Flag:
Draw a night kill, or catch scum?

~

I hate the last question because it looks like rolefishing to people if they guessed what the theme of this game is.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran the first set is fluff because nothing id gained from it. You might get some connections but they will be mostly meta which isn't a case it itself later on. Some of them can't really make anything from them even if they answered it like the rival question.

The second set are literally easy answers, people would make their own cases, be active, and and not be a lurker.

The last one I take as a scum tell because that defiantly looks like role-fishing.

However, I will not vote for this alone.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It promotes rampant theory discussion and conflicts completely based off of clashes in mafia creed. It is not the right kind of conflict at all. It's also the only thing that will be widely discussed if your topic takes hold which I do not intend to let it do. This is why I'm voting you. Your manuever is anti-town and I think it is one that a mafia scummate told you to do. Most likely Swiss or J. I do not think you came up with it on your own.

Why are those good things to talk about? How does knowing who I am wary of and who I am not help you get a read on me? There is no stance there. There is no substance. It's all a big pot of null, so don't try and pass it off as more than that.

Writing him off as easy to read allows yourself to be more easily swayed on less information. It takes a lot less for me to clear you than it does for me to clear Swiss. I think that writing Moth off is a bad plan for a townie.

I've played with everyone on this playerlist in at least one completed game. What do you gain from asking that question?
Ummm...what is the reasoning for the bolded. I don't get where you assume it's specific people.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Checking in, nothing has happened. Won't be answering Ran's questions. Ryker's already covered why.

Swiss

Smash Lord
The talk between Sang and AA read to me as obv town, or just really cute.
Decide, choose.

vote on TCat makes me want to puke however, but i'm just gonna get myself a paper bag.
The figure paused.

This was pure hate, true and blinding. Incandescent rage determined to destroy it's target.

SMoth could be scum, hasn't spoken up yet, i'm fine with swissai's vote on him.

that's about it.

Vote: Jerkus
An inkwell spilled over the floor, drenching the oak floor like blood seeping from a wound.

The hate. The rage.

All for show? For bravado and clout?

Why vote the clown when faced with such scum? Such a despicable, twisted play from Eruption.

Something was off, awry. Why was this man, this fiend, OK with the figure's suspicion on Flea? What actions did he take? What initiative or fervour did we see?

Awry.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
leaning cute over obv, should be taken as null anyways.

alas, one most hold back their desires or greed will ensnare them, i feel that the vote on Ranmaru is too early, and i want to read his intentions as town motive.

because the clown is a good vote, he hasn't gaven content and i'm still awaiting to see what ranmaru does and responds to my qualms, then, only then, shall my desires be fufilled.

Swiss

Smash Lord
The last one I take as a scum tell because that defiantly looks like role-fishing.

However, I will not vote for this alone.
Interesting.

The figure wondered why Red thought his vote was more useful inactive, then on a man he thought scummy.

Should he ask him to answer this? 'Nay. He would wait and see.

"Once upon a midnight dreary"

#HBC | ѕoup

ah, but what does a man of my ego gain from swatting fleas?

what does a man of my ego gain following a man of your ego?

Vote: Shadow Moth

who's ego is bigger, we shall find out.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I haven't actually reed this game yet. I played 999 all night, slept all day, and am going to a smashfest in ten minutes. I'll reply to stuff (assuming there is stuff to reply to) when I get back.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Of course I have come up with it on my own. I have done this before. (And gotten lynched for it) Not in the same degree, but I thought it would be a good thing to get some RQS going since the content level was already so low. You can see me trying to create discussion earlier with Circus, but no cigar. I have seen discussion about RQS, so I tried to keep it to mafia theory/reads/thoughts on other players.
@The underlined: I actually don't remember this happening. Are you talking about your 37 in response to my 36? Because I didn't reply to that since what I was saying was clearly a joke. Calling that "trying to create discussion" seems like a stretch. Why single your interaction with me out specifically?

Red Flag:

~

I hate the last question because it looks like rolefishing to people if they guessed what the theme of this game is.
Totally with what EBR, Ryu, etc. are saying about Ran's questions, but especially this. Don't know if I'm gonna peg it specifically as a scum tell, but it's definitely a bad question. Ran, what pro-town information were you expecting to learn from this?

Jerkus, where you at man? i'm not retracting my vote until you get here :c
ah, but what does a man of my ego gain from swatting fleas?

what does a man of my ego gain following a man of your ego?

Vote: Shadow Moth

who's ego is bigger, we shall find out.
So much for that. :p

Shadow Moth, is your Swiss vote for real-real or for play-play?

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
TCat, be obv town. It's been too long since I've played a game like WK and Oba's Exam game maybe this time, the dumb *** town that's left alive after we're dead won't lynch the damn moderator over the confirmed scum. We should've won that game.
Please don't bring those games up. I have such trauma from them. :(

Vote: Travelling Cat

Sup with you. I have seen you view more than once. I'd like some input.

And Red Ryu.
You take heat for RQS and then in turn put a vote on me just because I haven't posted?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Questions for everyone:
Policy lynch?
LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)
RVS, or RQS?
Walls, or one liners?
Who in the playerlist is hardest to read?
Who in the playerlist is easiest to read?
Do you have a rival in this game?
If so, who?
Do you trust people easily, or do you have a hard time trusting others?
You are told you must offer handholding. Who would be your picks?
Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist? (As in, have you seen their play to meta them, or heard stories about them?)
Ran, what do you hope to accomplish with these questions, aside from gettin everyone out of rvs? are you going to use these later, or immediately forget about them wants we're out of RVS?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Many players in this game of chess.

Many see there is no action.

They say other must create traction.

Yet they do even less.

Poor poetry, yet their play was worse.

#HBC | ѕoup

eeny meeny miny mo
catch a lurker by his toe
if he hollers, punch him in the **** :yeahboi:
eeny meeny miny mo

swiss has a point though, poor swiss, so lonely.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Slow, sickly. This game was ill, and he was the cure.

The figure pondered. Wondered.

asianaussie - My memory fades, remind me of yourself.
Shadow Moth - Scum, alas.
SangfroidWarrior - A mystery, a shadow. Unknown experience.
traveling cat - A mystery, a shadow. Unknown experience.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im asian and haven't played any actual games with you, since i replaced in touhou years after you left it

@RR, you know nabe's the mod, right?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Okay hi I exist. Getting to stuff now.

It promotes rampant theory discussion and conflicts completely based off of clashes in mafia creed. It is not the right kind of conflict at all. It's also the only thing that will be widely discussed if your topic takes hold which I do not intend to let it do. This is why I'm voting you. Your manuever is anti-town and I think it is one that a mafia scummate told you to do. Most likely Swiss or J. I do not think you came up with it on your own.

Why are those good things to talk about? How does knowing who I am wary of and who I am not help you get a read on me? There is no stance there. There is no substance. It's all a big pot of null, so don't try and pass it off as more than that.

Writing him off as easy to read allows yourself to be more easily swayed on less information. It takes a lot less for me to clear you than it does for me to clear Swiss. I think that writing Moth off is a bad plan for a townie.

I've played with everyone on this playerlist in at least one completed game. What do you gain from asking that question?
Kuzi, do you seriously think Ran is scum? The idea that scum would tell Ran to do that seems overly elaborate, as it seems unrealistic that scum would come up with a plan to use Ran to get town to fall into more meta/theory discussion. Really, isn't this more likely to just be Ran being, well, Ran?

Also, scum has no private communication unless they guess the true theme of the game. So unless scum Ran and a scum buddy have guessed the true theme of the game already, then your suggestion that Ran was told to do this is impossible.

Why J or Swiss?

What do you think of Soup?

@Swiss: for all of the things you have pointed out, I feel that your vote should probably be somewhere else besides Moth right now. Moth simply joke voted you, whereas people like RR and Gova/Raziek have actually done things a bit shady. So is the Moth vote still worth it?

What do you think of Ran?

@Ran: You're 74 seems to contradict the general philosophy that you were taking earlier. There, you're defending going into RQS, but wasn't the whole purpose 47 to get us out of the RVS/RQS?

Btw I'm not going to answer your 47 for the reasoning RR pointed out. The answers to all of the questions will be generic and obvious, so there is no point to it.

@Gova and Raziek: Not true. Stuff has definitely happened, don't be lazy.

There aren't too many paths to be pursued right now, but there are a couple. RR's lack of vote despite pointing out something scummy about Ran is worrisome, because there is no reason for him to not vote someone right now. Ran's "change of heart" is kinda iffy. Kuzi's vote on Ran looks bad. Hmmm . . .

Vote: Kuzi's hydra

Consider RR to be a second pick for now.

Kuzi, some explanation please.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I am not voting anyone until Ran explains himself.

I can see town Ran doing this. But I want to hear his reasoning.

I don't always use my vote like that so, dealwithit.png

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
A little bit. I don't understand why he wanted to ask some of the questions, but other than that, I can understand and respect that he was trying to get us out of RVS.

:172:

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Which questions did you think might have more intent behind them than getting us out of RVS? Is it the "draw a night kill, or catch scum" one that RR pointed out?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I answered them purely because I felt like answering them cuz they seemed fun. *shrug*

Also I am kind of chuckling at the people who keep saying "Wow this game is slow/nothing's going on." but not doing anything to help it move forward.

Sang, tell me what you think of Swiss and his reasoning for EBR suspicion? Could you agree to this?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Note: Copying order from RR's post.

Policy lynch? - Simply because its REALLY obvious what you should say, and if you say the wrong thing or be honest about it(if you feel that way), then you will probably get called scummy for it and dumb people will jump all over you and there may be a mislynch.

Do you have a rival in this game? If so, who? - People will throw your thoughts on this person right out of the window since you're their rival. Thats my thoughts on this question anyways. Same for easiest(opposite. They'll use your read for a wagon)/hardest to read and new players.

LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)

All three because they're REALLY obvious questions with REALLY obvious answers, which will lead to dumb people being like "OH HE LIKES WAGONING LETS VOTE THAT GUY!"

Simply because of what Red Ryu said and it being Power role fishing.

:172:

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@J. It's meh. I kind of want to see more from EBR before I can say if I agree with him or not but, at the moment, no, I don't agree with him, but he could be seeing something I'm not.

@Joey. Alrighty then. Thanks.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, ranmaru, tell me what you personally got out of everyone answering those questions, and what you intend to do with them, for me they are Null besides RQS never mattered to me, but i can see you being that type of person, tell me what you have gotten from people answering your questions so far, and why you haven't acted on them, and instead vote someone who isn't here.
I personally got discussion started. There was no leads for me to use.

And it worked. Even Swords was able to get a read on EBR from it.

I got weak reads, though. Thus why I'm voting TC now.

@The underlined: I actually don't remember this happening. Are you talking about your 37 in response to my 36? Because I didn't reply to that since what I was saying was clearly a joke. Calling that "trying to create discussion" seems like a stretch. Why single your interaction with me out specifically?

Totally with what EBR, Ryu, etc. are saying about Ran's questions, but especially this. Don't know if I'm gonna peg it specifically as a scum tell, but it's definitely a bad question. Ran, what pro-town information were you expecting to learn from this?

So much for that. :p

Shadow Moth, is your Swiss vote for real-real or for play-play?
It's not about 'singling out' the interaction between you and me. That's me giving an example of what I was trying to do for the Town. Of course I knew you were joking, I was still trying to get discussion from it. A spark per say.

The last question I didn't intend for any other purpose other than pure mafia theory discussion. Generally some players try to avoid night kills, which is a bad mind set. Thus I asked that because Scumhunting is a priority to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Please don't bring those games up. I have such trauma from them. :(

You take heat for RQS and then in turn put a vote on me just because I haven't posted?
The first part of you sentence has NOTHING to do with the heat I've taken. I have seen you view before and have addressed to your lurkiness.

PROBLEM? :glare:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, you haven't even taken a stance on anything. That I no likey

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swords: How else can we get out from the RVS? More content. I think we had to get into the RQS because the RVS was taking long. No other way of going around it. And I do think we got a bit more stances, but we need others to help bring this to speed. (To the point where we can give opinions of players)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Swiss: for all of the things you have pointed out, I feel that your vote should probably be somewhere else besides Moth right now. Moth simply joke voted you, whereas people like RR and Gova/Raziek have actually done things a bit shady. So is the Moth vote still worth it?
I'm not Swiss, but I am gonna jump in here real quick. WRT the underlined, you know this for certain? And why so hung up on Shadow Moth getting some attention?

Other than this, I subscribe to a lot of your opinions here.

Shadow Moth, are you keeping up with the thread?

July, make some noise if you're alive. I know this is a private game, but these Day phases aren't long enough for you to be taking three days off.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Circus, how does knowing if Moth is keeping up with the thread gonna help you indicate his alignment? What type of noise do you expect to gain out of July? What do you agree to in Swords posts? Do you agree enough to vote EBR?

:p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm curious as to why you asked July to, but not Acrostic.

Top Bottom