• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Majoras Mask Mafia! DGames' Longest Game Ends - Who Won?!?!?!?

X1-12

Smash Champion

[Collapse=Rules]Fundamentals
1.) Have fun, be nice, don't be a ****.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are not allowed to make any more posts.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images, videos or links in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
7.a) This rule only applies to posts in the thread. If you are allowed to communicate privately with other players you may freely quote mod communication there.
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
10a.) You may not quote logs of hydra communication. You are free to paraphrase
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
11a.) Unless stated otherwise, all Night Actions should be sent to myself via PM.
12.) If you are unclear about any of the rules then you are expected to ask the moderator for clarification before taking any action which you believe may break a rule. If you are unclear about any information in your role PM or the sample PM or any mod communication, feel free to ask me about it.
13.) Punishments for breaking any of the rules of this game include but are not limited to: temporary or permanent Moderator Votes, Modkill, forced replacement, blacklisting from future games, your win condition being changed to that of survivor upon your death.

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Eor. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.
5.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, regardless of whether the thread is closed or not.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are expected to be able post every 24 hours, however you are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
1.a) If you are a player with a history of bad activity, it is possible it will take less prods before your replacement than it will take for others, watch out and be active!
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 10 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours.

Game-specific
1.) I am X1-12 the Game Moderator, and for all intents and purposes, the Game God. Any issues with this game or the players in it should be dealt with by talking to me directly via Private Messaging or AIM.
1a) Gheb_01 is the Game Co-Moderator, and for all intents and purposes, the Game Demi-God. He will be here to help with votecounts and perhaps Day starts/ends. If you have any issues and I am absent, feel free to discuss them with Gheb
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
3.) I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor.
4.) I do not confirm the absence or presence of any other roles
5.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
6.) I confirm there is a Town faction and there is at least one Mafiosi faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafiosi factions.
7.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
8.) Posting not on a hydra account results in a strike unless the post is quoted on the hydra account within 5 minutes of original post
8.a) 3 strikes results in a mod vote until Day End.[/collapse][Collapse=Player List]1. Raziek
2. Soup T-Block
3. Overswarm th3kuzinator
4. Xastrn (Dastrn/Xatres)
5. ¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯
6. Panta
7. Red Ryu
8. dabuz
9. Gustave Nabe
10. Circus
11. Werekill
12. John2k4
13. spellcasters Kantrip
14. J Acrostic
15. Frio Inferno3044

-Replacements-
1. T-block
2. Nabe
3. Kantrip
4. Inferno3044
5. th3kuzinator
6. Acrostic

Present & Alive Players:
th3kuzinator (Lulu, Vanilla Townie) - survived to Endgame
Red Ryu (Business Scrub, Vanilla Townie) - survived to Endgame
Inferno3044 (Sakon, Town Hated Jailer) - survived to Endgame

The dead and the missing
Xastrn (Jim, Mafia Hobo) - Lynched Day 1
T-block (???, ???) - Abducted Night 1
John2k4 (Sea Turtle, Town Even Night Commuter) - Lynched Day 2
Kantrip (Goron Elder's Son, Vanilla Townie) - Killed N2
¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯ (Kafei, Town Lost Lover) - Died of Poison N2
Panta (Anju, Town Lost Lover) - Committed suicide N2
Werekill (Goron Elder, Town Sane Cop) - Lynched Day 3
Circus (Mayor Dotour, Town Census Taker) - Died of Poison N3
Acrostic (Kotake, Mafia Species Poisoner) - Lynched D4
Nabe (???, Independant Paranoid Abductor) - Lynched D5
T-block (???, ???) - Is released back into the game end of D5!
T-Block (Don Gero, Mafia Motivator/Demotivator) - Lynched D6!
dabuz (Toto, Vanilla Townie) - Lynched D7
Raziek (Link, Independent Jack of All Trades) - Lynched D8

[/collapse][Collapse=Sample PM]

Welcome to Majoras Mask Mafia Player! You are Pamela, Vanilla Townie

You're the little girl who lives in Ikana Canyon, you're currently on holiday in Clock Town

Species
You are a Human visitor to Clock Town

Win Condition
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated[/collapse][Collapse=Important Posts]D1 Begins!
Twilight 1 Begins!
Night 1 Begins!
Day 2 Begins!
Twilight 2 Begins!
Night 2 Begins!
Day 3 Begins!
Twilight 3 Begins!
Night 3 Begins!
Day 4 Begins!
Twilight 4 Begins!
Night 4 Begins!
Day 5 Begins!
Twilight 5 Begins!
Night 5 Begins!
Day 6 Begins!
Night 6 Begins!
Day 7 Begins!
Night 7 Begins!
Day 8 Begins!
Game End
Role PMs Posted[/collapse]

Mod Notes:
  • Actually read the damn rules. There are noticable changes to traditional rule sets in there.

Confirm that you have read and understood the rules and your role by PM'ing me back when you get your role PM

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm pretty sure Soup isn't able to play. Kuz might be a better authority on that.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Xastrn: Make sure to take notice of the 3-strike rule for hydras, Game-Specific 8 and 8a. I think traditionally you guys are very good at posting in-hydra, so no offense intended. I'd just like to make sure we're all aware since some games are unfairly won for factions due to mod votes on players.

Good luck to everyone in the game, and maybe I'll see you in-game as well.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I read the rules but I didn't notice anything different :p

*disappears*

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I read the rules but I didn't notice anything different :p

*disappears*
Yeah, pretty much. Other than hydra things which don't apply to most of us. And maybe slightly stricter activity enforcement than usual?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The correct answer on Jeopardy to "These three roles are known for killing others and getting away with it"

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
FFFFFF****

I guess ill stay in..

Expect V/LA a lot though!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Soup if you're gonna have to V/LA, replace out. There's three other people who would take the spot.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Soup if you're gonna have to V/LA, replace out. There's three other people who would take the spot.
this.

that and if you didnt have time and replaced out for an ongoing game you were in then its just a **** move to run with this one.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Soup. You JUST got through saying you weren't going to play another game because you've "completely switched over to Epicmafia" and you "barely have time for that." Replace out and give the slot to one of the people who want to play.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Soup are you staying in the game or not? If you're going to drop out then not gonna lie, I don't really want you in the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Don't have time, I can keep lying to myself and saying I have time for this game, but I don't.

/replace

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm not talking about the players but the set-up. It's better than the ones I have created [except my upcoming ones :bee:].

:059:

X1-12

Smash Champion
T-Block replaces Soupamario

I'm not talking about the players but the set-up. It's better than the ones I have created [except my upcoming ones :bee:].

:059:
Thank you very much good sir.

And now thread will close and role PMs will go out! PM back confirming that you have read and understood both the rules and your role PM. When I have confirmation from everyone I will open the thread and start Day 1. Please also note that a sample PM has been added to the OP!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I freaking love the flavour and my role. Gonna always have the music in the Day 1 link when I'm playing this game.

Vote: dabuz

Read you so wrong last time so I'm more wary of you this time. ^^

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hurry! Everybody make as many RVS posts as you can before OS shows up!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm here!

I randomized the player list above into the order I'll be voting people until they convince me I shouldn't be.

7. Red Ryu
12. John2k4
14. J
10. Circus
3. Overswarm
6. Panta
2. Soup T-Block
1. Raziek
15. Frio
13. spellcasters
11. Werekill
9. Gustave Nabe
5. ¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯
8. dabuz

vote: Red Ryu

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh, I haven't finished Majora's Mask yet. So I'm unsure of the flavor. No spoilers.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'm here!

I randomized the player list above into the order I'll be voting people until they convince me I shouldn't be.

7. Red Ryu
12. John2k4
14. J
10. Circus
3. Overswarm
6. Panta
2. Soup T-Block
1. Raziek
15. Frio
13. spellcasters
11. Werekill
9. Gustave Nabe
5. ¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯
8. dabuz

vote: Red Ryu
lol...wut? O_O

idk what instrument your playing, but it sounds pretty broken

vote: spellcasters
Thats a scummy name :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey, I could be scum too. I'd vote for myself first until I convinced myself was a better shot too. This is just how the randomized list went.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I should start doing this every game and tally how often I'd win if I had the ability to kill everyone except the last two instantly.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Confession time: I've never even played Majora's Mask.

J, in which game have you played with dabuz before?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Hey, I could be scum too. I'd vote for myself first until I convinced myself was a better shot too. This is just how the randomized list went.
*hits head against glass*

idk if this is a massive typo...but if it isn't, my head cracked from tryign to comprehend that statement

Confession time: I've never even played Majora's Mask.

J, in which game have you played with dabuz before?
unvote
vote: Circus

go play some MM

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I have nothing witty to say to that because I suck. Other than that I probably won't ever play Majora's Mask. And, uh, come at me, 'fro?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I've never played OoT or Majora's Mask. I really want to play through them sometime, but I hardly ever have time to game these days, other than a little minecraft here and there.

vote: John2k4

because he is next on Overswarm's list, and I like that idea just fine.

OS, hold hands, sir?

Top Bottom