• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Britches and Hose Mafia - Game Over!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
[collapse=Rules:]
Fundamentals
1.) The Govan rule; treat others how I want you to treat them. No exceptions.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are only allowed to make 1 more post which should consist of “bah go scum/town”.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
12.) Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on my discretion.

Voting and Lynching
1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Kuz.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Ryker.
3.) You do not have to unvote before voting another player.
4.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
5.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase is 24 hours long.
6.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
7.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, the thread should be closed anyway.

Activity and Deadline
1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 10 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Game-specific
1.) The game mod is the game god. However, if you feel the game god happens to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM
2.) All roles are assigned entirely at random.
3.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
5.) This game has partial flips!
[/collapse]

[collapse=Sample Role PM]

Welcome to Britches and Hose Mafia, Gova!

Role: Town Pimp
Abilities: Each day, if there is a serious breach in the rules of the game, you may modkill that player. If that player is not town aligned the day will continue, otherwise it will end.
WinCon: You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town are eliminated or when the game completes successfully.

[/collapse]

[collapse= Player List]Alive
1. adumbrodeus
4. Sokr
5. Kantrip
8. Swiss
10. Felipe_9595

-Replacements-

Dead
7. JTB, was town and lynched D1!
3. Ryker replaces Terywj was town and killed N1!
6. Sworddancer. was town and lynched D2!
9. Soupamario was town and killed N2!
13. Red Ryu was mafia and killed N2!
2. John2k4 replaces Seikend was mafia lynched D3!
12. Asdioh was town and killed N3!
11. July was town and lynched D4!
[/collapse]

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I suggest everyone read rule 5 under Game Specific. The game will start once everyone confirms.

Edit: All Role PM's have been sent out.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Day 1 begins!

1. adumbrodeus ()
2. Seikend ()
3. Terywj ()
4. Sokr ()
5. Kantrip ()
6. Sworddancer. ()
7. JTB ()
8. Swiss ()
9. Soupamario ()
10. Felipe_9595 ()
11. July ()
12. Asdioh ()
13. Red Ryu ()

Not voting - adumbrodeus, Seikend, Tery, Sokr, Kantrp, Sworddancer, JTB, Swiss, Soup, Felipe, July, Asdioh, RR

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is November 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Cool, I was starting to think that this game will never begin.

vote: Soup

I'm going v/la for the rest of the day, due to having homework to do now and a smashfest which I'm going to afterwards.

Soup's probably going to be a huge distraction this game like he always is, so I expect to see a quicklynch on him by the time I get back.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Oh hey this game started already
vote: Seikend

I've started to learn that i don't like RVS, so i await ryker to take us out of it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Vote: Sokr

y u no like RVS soup?

#HBC | ѕoup

Just deems pointless to me after all, you get a start of reads who voted who but nobody ever uses RVS, it's just a starting point to get discussion started, and god knows how long RVS can be dragged on, i'd rather just skip it.

hopefully i have done so just now.

Swiss

Smash Lord
1. adumbrodeus - Since we're the only two big names, which of us should be copped N1 for the other to give a definitive read on the other D2? Securing that we are either both town, or that as scum we die. I'm assuming you're not shady enough to attempt to avoid this.

2. Seikend - What have you done to improve your game and performance? Which will you be following, myself or Adum? Why?

3. Terywj - Why do you think you will be able to input the required effort in this game when you already have other commitments in the tournament and are notoriously inactive?

4. Sokr - Who are you? What are your first impressions? What is your experience?

5. Kantrip - Have we played together yet? Will you agree to vote in unison with me for D1, in exchange for lynch immunity until D3, where I will lynch you if I feel you are scum.

6. Sworddancer. - Probably edging into 3rd best player this game. What is your early game tactic? Will you be playing similarly to Harry Potter mafia?

7. JTB - Is there anything I should know? If not, crack on with your scumhunting. Don't stall - I know you like to do that as scum.

9. Soupamario - You did nothing to skip RVS, you simply brought up a weak discussion on RVS and didn't direct it at anyone. Produce content.

10. Felipe_9595 - How are you changing your play style in order to combat your inherent scumminess? As you are naturally "scummy" how do you propose we get a reliable read on your skill?

11. July - Hello again. Hoping you'll be a strong, stable player. Are there any players you have reservations about reading accurately? (Except myself)

12. Asdioh -
Standing tall at the forefront of his ship, Swiss gazed across the seas. Captaining this vessel took effort, a sheer struggle. His payload was retribution, his cargo justice. A crew was required, the Argonauts. Flanking him was his man at arms, the great Asdioh. Swiss looked deep into his eyes, relinquishing much hidden emotion, a glimpse of his tortured soul

"I cannot do this without you, too numerous are the fools, too great the dangers. I cannot promise you will live through this, I cannot promise you shall ever see land again. Yet your children, and your children's children shall walk safe."
The figure lurched on the floor, breath rushed back into his lungs, blood vacant of his throat.

Not again....

Eternal torment.

You followed me before, why? Wil you be applying the same rationale to this game? Thus, if I prove myself (beyond reasonable doubt) as town, will you be following me later days? I, of course, do not expect you to follow my D1 & D2, unless your reads coincide with mine.

13. Red Ryu - If RVS is so useful, why are you not using it? Do you agree that to comment on RVS' usefulness (which many disagree with) then do nothing with this 'abundance' of information is setting you up to be an early wagon? Is your tactic to act scummy and see who jumps on you too eagerly? It is imperative you answer this last question honestly.

I'll make a few things very clear very quickly. This is my town. Do as I say, not as I do. Listen to me. Listen to Adum to a degree.

If two of myself, Adum and Swords want the third lynched, lynch that third player on the provision the other two are scrutinised and one randomly lynched if the target flips town.

If you want someone lynched, explain why, in detail, you want them lynched. If you sit there and call them scum without attempting to prove it, you are useless. I have a habit of lynching useless players.

#HBC | ѕoup

actually i was going for something else, but of course you being swiss you have to make a mark. I took a subtle approach.

#HBC | ѕoup

actually, i'm intrigued swiss.

you're just a very intriguing person.

now that you have set your authority over everyone, what shall you do with it?

what if someone were to go against your orders?

surely you are the king and we are nay peasants, as a peasant myself, what will you do for us and what will happen if we don't agree?

oh cool ninja

Swiss

Smash Lord
actually, i'm intrigued swiss.

you're just a very intriguing person.

now that you have set your authority over everyone, what shall you do with it?

what if someone were to go against your orders?

surely you are the king and we are nay peasants, as a peasant myself, what will you do for us and what will happen if we don't agree?

oh cool ninja
I'll do what I do every game, win. Are you suggesting I am inexperienced leading town? Otherwise, elaborate on your snide thought process.

If someone goes against my suggestions, I'll explain to them why they're wrong. I'm not unreasonable. Of course of someone is determined to damage town by creating dissent and trying to lynch townies, we, as a unit, will lynch them. Surely you don't expect town to put up with scummy play?

Don't think of me as the King to your peasant, think of me as the Swiss to your Soup. Though I admit the similarity is startling.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm not saying you're inexperienced, i'm just worried or want to know you better, leading by some people can be easily seen as town, but if i knew your motives behind your words it would help.

no doubt, you are good at leading town, but heed what i said above. So far i think your questions are fairly good and will lead to some discussion, and as long as i think you're town i will have no problem listening to you.

but that's yet to be decided.

Swiss

Smash Lord
If you knew the motives behind my words, you'd know my alignment.

I see nothing to heed. Go against me if you feel you must.

I am the merely the executioner, I allow you to sentence yourself.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Ok this finally started :D

Oh and lol swiss, you are right, i always look scummy, even as town :/

Vote:JTB

July

Smash Apprentice
Just deems pointless to me after all, you get a start of reads who voted who but nobody ever uses RVS, it's just a starting point to get discussion started, and god knows how long RVS can be dragged on, i'd rather just skip it.

hopefully i have done so just now.
Do you think that RVS actually harms peoples' reads or that RVS can't provide useful information?

11. July - Hello again. Hoping you'll be a strong, stable player. Are there any players you have reservations about reading accurately? (Except myself)
Hello again. I have reservations about reading Sokr and felipe because I've never played with them, and Kantrip after misreading him in Awkward Moments Mafia. I'm also wary of reading Adum since I've never played with him, I plan to get my own read on him but I'm also okay with abiding by this:

I'll make a few things very clear very quickly. This is my town. Do as I say, not as I do. Listen to me. Listen to Adum to a degree.

If two of myself, Adum and Swords want the third lynched, lynch that third player on the provision the other two are scrutinised and one randomly lynched if the target flips town.

#HBC | ѕoup

@July it's a personal dislike, it doesn't help me at all and ironically i've begun to like RQS more than RVS, RVS just seems like it will get somewhere but it takes longer, at least in RQS you generate something worth merit.

in a analogy, RVS is doing things in manual, RQS is automatic.

@Swiss define: Accquaintce

#HBC | ѕoup

I made a silly spelling mistake, i'm sure you know what i mean.

so harsh swiss.

#HBC | ѕoup

I want to add something about Felipe_9595.

He's an EM player, and he's not even good at that, his logic will follow the noob logic of playing EM and since forum can be completely different than Forum at times, it will make him a hard read.

in a way, i have a plus side to reading felipe because of my experience, he is very easy to meta and his town and scum play are very noticeable.

right now his silly attitude and apology sit with me well.

#HBC | Dancer

Here for awhile, and I'm confused as to why Soup isn't lynched yet.

Swiss said:
6. Sworddancer. - Probably edging into 3rd best player this game. What is your early game tactic? Will you be playing similarly to Harry Potter mafia?
I'm probably going to just ask questions and stuff. Generally do things that will force information out. Unless I find someone who is legitimately suspicious, when you know, I'm going to murder them.

@Soup: How many times have you've seen Felipe play as town/scum? An estimate will do if you don't have an actual number.

@July, Tery: Yo, what do you guys think of the Swiss/Soup interaction so far, if anything at all?

#HBC | Dancer

Oh, and wrt the Harry Potter part, I really don't know. I don't really remember too much of how I played in that game, and I'll be lying if I said I actually planned out how I'm going to play the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

In a game where he was scum he mocked and spouted all of the AtE he could ever have during his soon-to-be lynch, when he wasn't pressured he was passive, but didn't make obvious statements.

as town, the exact opposite, he was obvious with his statements whether helpful or not and his play was sporadic, when he was pressured he went back to the AtE thing but wasn't as serious.
i've played about 2-3 games with him, not very recent, but i haven't seen him on EM anymore so i doubt his play has changed.

#HBC | ѕoup

I haven't seen his forum play besides Higurashi, does my quick description match up?

his wifoming of doc was stupid and made him obv-town though, so i'm not sure how much merit that has.

#HBC | ѕoup

@everyone: talk to me about inactives, and your stance on them.

in a situation where there are no leads, are you willing to lynch an inactive or go with your gut?

this can be vice-versa.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Good, we've finally started. :)

5. Kantrip - Have we played together yet? Will you agree to vote in unison with me for D1, in exchange for lynch immunity until D3, where I will lynch you if I feel you are scum.
The only game we were both involved in was Awkward Moments, and you replaced out of that pretty early in the game. I'm not sure how to take your leading of town as I haven't really been in a game where it has occurred to the extent you seem to be suggesting. I will vote in tandem with you D1 if I agree with your choice, but I am not going to blindly agree to a decision I don't know the options to yet.

Vote: Soupa

I agree with Sword, let's get this out of the way now so we can lessen the burden in advance.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
> in my Experience
> Have played 3 games with me.

Cool Story Bro, meta is not going to help you.

#HBC | ѕoup

you just gave me a meta read right now, felipe.

@Kantrip

Don't be stupid, there isn't anything i've done that would cause a burden, if you're going to sheep some ill-advised RVS statement then at least show more sarcarsm in your vote.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
4. Sokr - Who are you? What are your first impressions? What is your experience?
Hey Swiss, I'm nobody. Yet. I have yet to establish a name for myself so even I don't know who I am when it comes to this. My first impressions are that you have the potential to either be the biggest threat in this game or someone to follow warily. You're bold statements that you've already made and I'm sure you'll make in the future are almost sure to produce a slip up from someone caving under the stress. I can already see I'll have fun watching your gameplay and trying to read you.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Uh... felipe: Are you saying meta won't help him because three games isn't enough to accurately notice a trend? Did your alignment vary in the games Soup played with you?

With regards to inactivity: I think a policy lynch D1 is uncalled for. If we can't make a proper lynch on D1 then we are doing something wrong and most likely setting ourselves up for failure. We need to be able to obtain connections to pursue on subsequent days. Inactives/dead weight are more a good target for vigs or the like, and not something we should waste a lynch on. There are cases when it is warranted, though. I don't see why everyone feels the need to bring up a policy lynch so early in the Day. Are you trying to set one up now, Soup? Or was your question just a useless one trying to see everyone's opinion on the idea?

Kantrip

Kantplay
you just gave me a meta read right now, felipe.

@Kantrip

Don't be stupid, there isn't anything i've done that would cause a burden, if you're going to sheep some ill-advised RVS statement then at least show more sarcarsm in your vote.
No thanks, I think my vote contained the appropriate amount of sarcasm. Unless you are saying that without some sort of satirical statement or emoticon you can't tell the intent behind it. That is pretty indicative of a bad player, being unable to discern motivation without sarcasm to lay it out for them. I don't think you are a bad player, which is why I'm not sure why you believed that.

You think I was sheeping Sword's RvS vote?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Uh... felipe: Are you saying meta won't help him because three games isn't enough to accurately notice a trend? Did your alignment vary in the games Soup played with you?

With regards to inactivity: I think a policy lynch D1 is uncalled for. If we can't make a proper lynch on D1 then we are doing something wrong and most likely setting ourselves up for failure. We need to be able to obtain connections to pursue on subsequent days. Inactives/dead weight are more a good target for vigs or the like, and not something we should waste a lynch on. There are cases when it is warranted, though. I don't see why everyone feels the need to bring up a policy lynch so early in the Day. Are you trying to set one up now, Soup? Or was your question just a useless one trying to see everyone's opinion on the idea?
I dont know the username of soupa on EM so i dont know which or when i played with him. And 3 games are just too short time to see a patron.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sokr, where is your head at right now? Does anyone stand out to you? I hope to see good stuff from you, as you were very ambitious about mafia. :)

Soup, do you recall felipe's alignment in the games you played with him?

Top Bottom