• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Britches and Hose Mafia - Game Over!

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
@ Kantrip

Well obviously Swiss is a huge standout. Whether his oppressive demeanor turns out to be anything yet though is yet to be seen.
You and him both seem to be employing the same type of tactic and it will be interesting what it produces.
Soup also seems to be worthy of more careful watching, but not much more than anyone else once they actually post something interesting.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mind elaborating on what you mean when you say Swiss and myself are employing the same type of tactic?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. adumbrodeus (1) RR
2. Seikend (1) Soup
3. Terywj ()
4. Sokr (1) JTB
5. Kantrip ()
6. Sworddancer. ()
7. JTB (1) Felipe
8. Swiss ()
9. Soupamario (2) Sworddancer, Kantrip
10. Felipe_9595 ()
11. July ()
12. Asdioh ()
13. Red Ryu ()

Not voting - adumbrodeus, Seikend, Tery, Sokr, Swiss, July, Asdioh

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is November 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No thanks, I think my vote contained the appropriate amount of sarcasm. Unless you are saying that without some sort of satirical statement or emoticon you can't tell the intent behind it. That is pretty indicative of a bad player, being unable to discern motivation without sarcasm to lay it out for them. I don't think you are a bad player, which is why I'm not sure why you believed that.

You think I was sheeping Sword's RvS vote?
I could lie and say i didn't believe it but i am edgy to these things as i would like to enjoy the game much like any other player, a quicklynch would be bad for town and myself.

Kantrip said:
Do you remember the games that you played with Felipe?
Yes i did, the first game where he was town he was just a villager, the other game he was scum power role, and the 3rd i didn't mention he was a cop that got lynched.

Are you trying to set one up now, soup?
Not at all, this is far too early in the game but i wanted to see the opinion of it, this game has some Awkard Moments players and people who are naive to inactives.

@felipe

my EM name isn't the same as my smashboards name.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems to me as if you are both trying to force people into a panicked mistake thus revealing their motives. I'm sure many people do this but you two seem the most blatant to me currently.

#HBC | ѕoup

Sokr, what made you vote swiss over Kantrip?

what made you worry about him more?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well it seems to me as if you are both trying to force people into a panicked mistake thus revealing their motives. I'm sure many people do this but you two seem the most blatant to me currently.
It sounds like you're talking about pressure. Is this true? That's a pretty good inference to make. Now tell me, do you think applying pressure to a player in this way is indicative of either alignment?

Why the vote on Swiss, now?

Oh and you need to bold your vote commands.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Haven't you heard swiss, I'm not big name anymore cause I can't read anyone *saltsaltsalt*

Getting one of the two of us copped n1 is a good idea though assuming the setup has cop.

One question, why did you eliminate RVS so early?

Liking soup.

Good, we've finally started. :)

The only game we were both involved in was Awkward Moments, and you replaced out of that pretty early in the game. I'm not sure how to take your leading of town as I haven't really been in a game where it has occurred to the extent you seem to be suggesting. I will vote in tandem with you D1 if I agree with your choice, but I am not going to blindly agree to a decision I don't know the options to yet.

Vote: Soupa

I agree with Sword, let's get this out of the way now so we can lessen the burden in advance.

No thanks, I think my vote contained the appropriate amount of sarcasm. Unless you are saying that without some sort of satirical statement or emoticon you can't tell the intent behind it. That is pretty indicative of a bad player, being unable to discern motivation without sarcasm to lay it out for them. I don't think you are a bad player, which is why I'm not sure why you believed that.

You think I was sheeping Sword's RvS vote?

Heh? Ok, let me ask you this Kantrip, if weren't supporting a policy lynch, what the heck were you trying to do with that post?

@everyone: talk to me about inactives, and your stance on them.

in a situation where there are no leads, are you willing to lynch an inactive or go with your gut?

this can be vice-versa.
Scummy players > inactives in lynching order. Period.

@July: Gimme your thoughts on Katrip please.

Sokr is absolutely town. His case is crap, but he's definitely town.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
@ Kantrip

I'm not saying it indicates anything, just that it's a tactic that'll be good to watch.

Vote: Swiss

#HBC | ѕoup

Sokr.

let me level with you.

don't try to out-play and catch a person off-guard by being quiet about your motives, it doesn't help and you need to let people know what you are doing, if you truly believe Swiss is scum, explain it to us.

this is a team game and we need to work as a team, like i said, unless you have some devious plan or something, you need to be more open.

i agree with Adum that Sokr is town, he is reminding me of myself back then.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Tery can you promise to put effort into this game and read things and be like active and stuff?

Liking soup.
Anything about his posts in particular or just gut?

Heh? Ok, let me ask you this Kantrip, if weren't supporting a policy lynch, what the heck were you trying to do with that post?
Do you really think I was supporting a policy lynch on Soup at this phase in the game? Sword's vote was RVS, what suggests to you that mine wasn't? Was it a lack of sarcasm?

Scummy players > inactives in lynching order. Period.
This. However, for day one I prefer to have a slight variation on this. Day 1 lynches are best spent on players with lots of connections to other players we can read into and they also happen to look scummy. Even if they are not the most scummy player, getting clears/condemns Day 1 can be more vital than a super scummy player without connections. Do you agree with this?

Sokr is absolutely town. His case is crap, but he's definitely town.
What makes you so certain already? Is this based off of general newb town meta? I know him in real life and I don't feel too confident in any read of him yet.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Haha Soup talking about being open, that is pretty good.

If I do recall Soup, it was you who tried to pull some weird play in Awkward Moments where you switched up your playstyle and kept all of your reads hidden because they hadn't gone "full-circle".

#HBC | ѕoup

that was a mix of growing spite and salt to kuz, i had him as scum but i knew the town wouldn't do much to listen to me so i gave up and basically went into lurking mode making excuses why my reads haven't developed yet.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Kantrip

I'm not saying it indicates anything, just that it's a tactic that'll be good to watch.

Vote: Swiss
I'll ask you separately, then. Do you think applying pressure to other players makes one look townie? Does it make them look scummy? Or is it null?

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
I'll ask you separately, then. Do you think applying pressure to other players makes one look townie? Does it make them look scummy? Or is it null?
It definitely draws attention and reinforces any reasons to be wary of the player. It's not a definite scumtell but it leans in that direction. But without players like that I can't imagine the game would progress. So it's probably just you guys and your experience.

#HBC | ѕoup

It definitely draws attention and reinforces any reasons to be wary of the player. It's not a definite scumtell but it leans in that direction. But without players like that I can't imagine the game would progress. So it's probably just you guys and your experience.
I think you're being too worrysome, i find this townie especially since Swiss gave such a vibe to you. I don't think you need to worry about swiss and you need to give him more time to explain himself, while swiss is a bit demanding and somewhat stuck-up/tries to lead he shouldn't be a problem.

got any other reads Sokr?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What case? I'm just voicing my ideas to get other people's opinions.

If you don't think that trying to force people into making panicked mistakes isn't scummy then what exactly are you trying to do with your vote?

Anything about his posts in particular or just gut?
His conversation with swiss mostly, but his general attitude of open and aggressive play. I like it a lot.

Do you really think I was supporting a policy lynch on Soup at this phase in the game? Sword's vote was RVS, what suggests to you that mine wasn't? Was it a lack of sarcasm?
Let me ask you point blank, was that supposed to be an RVS vote or not? If so, why?

This. However, for day one I prefer to have a slight variation on this. Day 1 lynches are best spent on players with lots of connections to other players we can read into and they also happen to look scummy. Even if they are not the most scummy player, getting clears/condemns Day 1 can be more vital than a super scummy player without connections. Do you agree with this?
Lynch scum, figure out connection based on the flips.

What makes you so certain already? Is this based off of general newb town meta? I know him in real life and I don't feel too confident in any read of him yet.
Frankly, smashing up against swiss like that of his own volition in the early game would be a towntell for anyone. This isn't meta, this is based on his actual play, only really really confident and good scum would initiate something like that. Sokr isn't playing confident enough for that.

Sokr is town.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Swiss said:
3. Terywj - Why do you think you will be able to input the required effort in this game when you already have other commitments in the tournament and are notoriously inactive?
thisguy.jpg

You hardly know me, Swiss. I've done way more than "play in Mafia and host a roleplay" at the same time. Maybe if the quantity was multiplied tenfold, then I'd have some problems.

That said however, I can only be as active as my awful campus Internet allows.

Vote: Red Ryu

Kantrip

Kantplay
Let me ask you point blank, was that supposed to be an RVS vote or not? If so, why?
Yeah it was RVS. There are other players who I would advocate for a policy lynch before Soup if that were to arise, and even then I would prefer not to policy lynch. Honestly, I just felt like voting Soup. It held no more purpose than most RVS votes, though it was interesting to see his reaction to the statement I made about lynching him. I've got a leaning town read on him as a result, by the way.

Lynch scum, figure out connection based on the flips.
If only it were this simple :p

But yeah that sounds about right.

Frankly, smashing up against swiss like that of his own volition in the early game would be a towntell for anyone. This isn't meta, this is based on his actual play, only really really confident and good scum would initiate something like that. Sokr isn't playing confident enough for that.

Sokr is town.
Okay I see where you're coming from with this. I agree, it is really ballsy to make statements in opposition to Swiss as scum, and new scum players especially aren't likely to do this.

Adum, what do you think of Swiss so far?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah it was RVS. There are other players who I would advocate for a policy lynch before Soup if that were to arise, and even then I would prefer not to policy lynch. Honestly, I just felt like voting Soup. It held no more purpose than most RVS votes, though it was interesting to see his reaction to the statement I made about lynching him. I've got a leaning town read on him as a result, by the way.
And why did you make an RVS vote after swiss torpedoed RVS?

Adum, what do you think of Swiss so far?
Null.

Kantrip

Kantplay
In what way did Swiss torpedo RVS? By making a long post in which he asked everyone a question? I don't really know what constitutes RVS being over. Wouldn't that be when you have some sort of lead to follow?

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
I think you're being too worrysome, i find this townie especially since Swiss gave such a vibe to you. I don't think you need to worry about swiss and you need to give him more time to explain himself, while swiss is a bit demanding and somewhat stuck-up/tries to lead he shouldn't be a problem.

got any other reads Sokr?
I'm not being worrisome, I'm just voicing my thoughts. The fact that I voted for him is unrelated. The days are long so i can afford to throw around votes to observe the results.
On an unrelated and inconsequential note: I've noticed your hospitable attitude towards me as a newb and i appreciate it.

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Unvote

So Sokr, you voted Swiss for no reason? Or rather, you did it so you could "observe the results"? What results have you observed and did you get any reads out of them?

#HBC | ѕoup

I think the pressure of Sokr at this point won't get us anywhere, i'm going to stop holding his hand (or even if he accepted it) and see what he does, i think this is agreeable.

i would still like to know his reads, but i'm hoping they will come out on his own time.
Unvote.[b/]

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Unvote

So Sokr, you voted Swiss for no reason? Or rather, you did it so you could "observe the results"? What results have you observed and did you get any reads out of them?
The results i got were more a learning process in getting used to mafia. The results i would have liked to get i did not get the chance for.

:phone:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
In what way did Swiss torpedo RVS? By making a long post in which he asked everyone a question? I don't really know what constitutes RVS being over. Wouldn't that be when you have some sort of lead to follow?
Yea, that's what I thought. He torpedo'd it because people followed him.

Your justification doesn't ring true at all.

vote: Kantrip

July

Smash Apprentice
@July, Tery: Yo, what do you guys think of the Swiss/Soup interaction so far, if anything at all?
So far I like Swiss, his questions seem legit and like they have good intent behind them. Soup on his own seems like he's trying really hard not to play like he usually does. The interactions with Swiss don't seem genuine to me, but I honestly can't tell if its Soup trying to challenge the biggest name in the game to establish himself or if its just this new playstyle. I want to see Soup's interactions with other people; honestly his answer to my question seemed much more genuine than his interactions with Swiss, so that leaves Soup as null and Swiss leaning town.

@everyone: talk to me about inactives, and your stance on them.

in a situation where there are no leads, are you willing to lynch an inactive or go with your gut?

this can be vice-versa.
My policy on inactives is best demonstrated in Harry Potter Mafia; I will lynch an inactive if there are absolutely no leads, but I will definitely push a player I think is scummy over inactives even in a relatively inactive town. Inactives usually get prodded back to life or replaced so that's also something I heavily consider before supporting an inactive lynch.

@July: Gimme your thoughts on Katrip
I didn't get the sarcasm he claims there was in his vote for Soup, and this:

With regards to inactivity: I think a policy lynch D1 is uncalled for. If we can't make a proper lynch on D1 then we are doing something wrong and most likely setting ourselves up for failure. We need to be able to obtain connections to pursue on subsequent days. Inactives/dead weight are more a good target for vigs or the like, and not something we should waste a lynch on. There are cases when it is warranted, though. I don't see why everyone feels the need to bring up a policy lynch so early in the Day. Are you trying to set one up now, Soup? Or was your question just a useless one trying to see everyone's opinion on the idea?
Seemed unnecessarily accusative, especially after Soup stated that he tended more to RQS than RVS and I wouldn't say the question was useless, its just not applicable right now. I'm not fond of his play so far but as I stated in response to Swiss's question, Kantrip I have reservations about developing a quick read on after Awkward Moments mafia.

I want to see more of Kantrip's response to Adum before I comment on that set of interactions.

Sokr's vote on Swiss and attempt to get a read via reaction looks genuine to me, and I agree with Adum that immediately setting himself up against Swiss would be really daring and frankly really dumb for newbscum.

@Tery, thoughts on Soup so far?

Kantrip

Kantplay
There was no sarcasm in my post against Soup. Placing sarcasm in a pressure vote ruins the intention of the pressure vote. That was the point.

Adumb, I'm not sure what justification you are referring to.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@July, adumb, Soup: Any or all of you can answer this. What were my intentions in my first post? It seems like you're all led to believe that I actually wanted to lynch Soup.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
@July: Like you, I've got a null on Soup. It's been a while since I've played with him, so it's either a guise or a new playstyle--of which I cannot determine between thus far into the game, and in both cases, I'll have to wait to see how it will play out. Soupa vs. Kantrip should provide something noteworthy, I hope.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think you were just either bargaining for a reaction or you really did have thinly veiled sarcasm there, but i doubt the 2nd can hold up now because you just said that it wasn't meant to have any sarcasm and you weren't going to legitimately lynch me.

i'll ask what adumb asked again, what was the reasoning for that post if you just basically retracted anything about it?

tell me what you gained from making that post towards me or your intention.

#HBC | ѕoup

actually, i myself retract that above statement because you just said it was for pressure.

derp

Kantrip

Kantplay
The intention was to be an RVS post that would apply pressure to you. I wanted to see how you would react when I said what I said (I agree with Sword let's lynch Soup). My expected result was not what happened, which is why I questioned further. I did not expect you to think I was serious, never mind have three people question me on it. Considering that though, I want to write it off as badly executed on my part. I mean, if three different people question my intentions with a RVS post that should be pretty basic....

Top Bottom