• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost Mafia - Who won? - The viewing audience of course

Tandora

Smash Rookie
[collapse=Rules]
Fundamentals______________________
  1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. Upon death, you will be notified of the existence of a green room where you may speak to myself and other dead players, if such a room exists for this game.
  3. Depending on the availability of replacements, I may allow players who have died to return in another role, so be sure to honor the above rule!
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to have conversations in your Quicktopic, or to post all conversation logs you have. You are not allowed to quote private conversations in-thread or share QT links; you may paraphrase, just use common sense.
  5. Editing your posts is not allowed. This will result in an immediate mod vote.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You may not post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). Take special note that if you do have communication with other players outside of the thread, this rule does not apply within said conversation.
  8. You are not allowed to post any images from your role PM.
  9. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  10. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques within this main game thread.
  11. You must post in English within this main game thread.

Voting and Lynching_________________
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: JTB.
  2. To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Overswarm. Unvoting prior to revoting is not required, but is appreciated.
  3. ”No Lynch” is a viable voting option and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. Players who cast the final vote in a lynch are strongly encouraged to post the word hammer in various colours and text sizes. Image macros, Youtube links, and/or references to parachute pants are not officially sanctioned, but will be permitted if exceptionally funny.
  6. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  7. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. There is no penalty for obvious accidental ninja posts. Thread should be locked anyway.
  8. I take no responsibility for missing votes in the middle of posts. Have them either at the beginning or end to prevent mistakes.

Activity and Deadline________________
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of four prods will result in either modkill or replacement. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. Any extended absences should be stated clearly as V/LA either in thread or personal PM. I don't always frequent the Social thread and may miss any announced V/LAs there.
  3. Day cycles will be about 14 days long until Day 4. Then they will be 10 days long. They will always end 11:59 PM EST.
  4. The players may vote for one (1) deadline extension of up to 48 hours, as fitting. In the event I need to replace a player, I may also extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Other than by these events, no deadline extensions are likely to be granted.
  5. Nights will last about 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, so I don't have to wait until deadline to know. That said, deadlines are deadlines, and I will not accept late actions unless you beg really hard.
  6. In the event of Crashboards, I will be wishy-washy about any of the above rules as necessary.

Other Notes______________________
  1. There are no jesters.
  2. I confirm the existence of independent roles or third factions.
  3. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  4. I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
  5. I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
  6. Natural Action Resolution a-gogo, baby.
  7. Although knowledge of the show can be make the flavor more enjoyable, it can also be misleading. I recommend that you do not let flavor rule your choices.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Sample Role PM]
Player, you are Neil aka Frogurt.

You were a passenger on Oceanic 815 when it crashed. You are a Vanilla Townie with nothing but your voice and vote.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Full Player List]
1. Dooms
2. DtJ Glyphmoney
6. Auspher
10. Acrostic Asdioh
11. Kataefi
12. Evil Eye
13. Ryker
15. Chaco
16. Soupamario Washed Laundry

-Replacements-

Dead Players:
D1 - Lynched - Red Ryu - Charlie Pace - VT
D2 - Lynced - Gheb - Man in Black / Smoke Monster - Independent Bulletproof Serial Killer
D3 - Lynched - Gordito - Benjamin Linus - Mafia Stalker
D4 - Lynched - Circus/ J - Michael Dawson - Mafia Roleblocker

???? Players
N1 - Mentos - ????
N1 - KevinM - ????
N2 - Rajam - ????
N3 - No one
N4 - Frozenflame - ????
[/collapse]

Welcome to Oceanic Flight 815 from Sydney, Austalia to Los Angeles, California, United States. It is September 22, 2004 and it is a fine Wednesday morning. The weather is a pleasant 74 degrees and there are no clouds in the sky.

I am your pilot, Seth Norris (Moderator Tandora). I promise all of you a smooth flight. Right, Claire? *chuckle*

If you have any questions, Cindy (co-mod Hida Jiremi) is your stewardess who will assist you during your flight. She'll guide you on how to use your seat belt and have you observe the nearest emergency exits.

Please respect the "Fasten your seat belt" signs when they are on and have your seats in an upright position. We will be leaving the airport shortly.

Enjoy your flight on Oceanic Flight 815.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@mod:

There are no jesters.

Is that supposed to say

There are no jesters?

That was a typo. I had mostly copy/pasted the rules from Nabe's Halloween Party and edited as appropriate for this one. The correct reading is "There are no jesters." It has been fixed.

@ Gorf, this is why EE is an amazing player.

Confirming I was never interested and am still gonna beat dat ***.

:phone:
Sigh, love you too, Ryker

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
Hi there! This is your in-flight stewardess, Cindy, reporting in.

Just let me know if you need anything that will make your flight more comforable. And thanks again for flying Oceanic. :)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hi Cindy. I'll also take whatever you're offering that gentleman... plus maybe an ejector seat and a parachute for my landing plz :grin:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Does this airplane come fully equipped with body bags?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i dont feel very secure on this flight. i think ill stick with arwings

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Dastrn has contacted me and will be unable to participate in Lost. If every other player can confirm, we will continue with only 15 slots.

If anyone wants to join, feel free to sign up now.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I think mentos was interested. Funny that you'd post that right after he leaves to reformat his computer

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Just let me know if you need anything that will make your flight more comforable. And thanks again for flying Oceanic. :)
Cindy, my piloting skills are out of this world. I feel it is my duty to inform you that you're in for some turbulence outside of your comfor zone.

/confirming that I still maintain interest. In a couple of days I'm going to get a full blown fever so I ask for some activity pardon. I'm pretty sure though that even with me being sick, I'll be more active than at least a quarter of the player list.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Are quickedits back?

test

What the hell.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ohhh apparently the live feed thing just doesn't update the edit part at the bottom

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
My self-sacrifice mod-kill trap in order to mod-kill another valuable player before I'm lynched ability appears to be effective >:D

Edit: I blame any posts with unnecessary innuendo and lame jokes to be the fault of sickness. Also if I seem scummy, it's because getting a fever makes you compelled to act like scum, despite really being town. Also, I will not be using any of these incredibly contrived and lame excuses in the actual game and if I do, feel free to auto-lynch me on the spot.

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
Cindy, my piloting skills are out of this world. I feel it is my duty to inform you that you're in for some turbulence outside of your comfor zone.

While I appreciate the offer, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to ask you to remain in your seat. Thank you for flying with Oceanic! :)

Top Bottom