• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Hello and welcome to Newbie 21/Megaman Zero Mafia! This is possibly your first game and I wanted to personally congratulate you for joining my game. Mafia is a game based around deception, it is a psychological warfare out there and you will have to think in order to play it. Do not get discouraged and you will do fine, my biggest advice to anyone is be confident in yourself, it is key for both you and the players around you. Remember to have fun also!

This game has a Flavor also. A Flavor is simply a theme for a game, some games do not have themes at all. The Flavor of this game is Megaman Zero, it is one of my favorite trilogys and favorite games of all time, It depicts a story behind the legendary Maverick Hunter Zero, who is awakened by Dr. Ciel and her rebellion against Neo Arcadia. This game will not be following canon, and has a completely made up story to follow.

Helpful Links

Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.
There are special rules that are bolded in red, please read them!

[collapse="Rules:"]Fundamentals:

1.) Don't be a **** to others. Though doing so may amuse the moderator, it may not amuse others and thus won't be tolerated. First major offense results in a warning. Second will result in modkill or forced replacement. Do not abuse this privilege, requests to modkill a player under this guideline will be ignored, I will handle all modkills/warnings if I feel they are necessary.
2.) Once you have died in the game, you are allowed to make 1 more generic post consisting of “bah go scum/town”. When in doubt about allowed content, feel free to ask the game moderator.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise).
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. Any discovery of such an offense will result in an immediate modkill for the initiator or primary offender, handled on a case-by-case basis. Don't do it.
5.) Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
6.) I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). No Chibos.
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. This includes hydras. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in that action being randomized.
12.) Please affirm yourself with these rules and read them carefully. I do not want have to modkill anyone.

Voting and Lynching:

1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Sold2.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote
3.) You do not have to unvote before voting another player.
4.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
5.) There will be a twilight phase in this game. Twilight will last at least 24 hours or until I can post the flip.
6.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
7.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. The thread will be closed anyway.

Activity and Deadlines:

1.) You will be expected to post every 24 hours but are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2.) I will be allowing ONE deadline extension during the game, which may be used by a majority of the live players inputting the command: Request Deadline Extension. This will extend the deadline by 3 days, not including weekends. (A deadline extension from a Friday will extend it to Wednesday.)
Additionally, I may grant a deadline extension at my discretion should a replacement or otherwise extraneous event take place.
3.) Days will generally last 7 days.
4.) Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Game-specific:

1.) I'm your moderator for this game. You may call me Soup. If you feel I happen to be testing your faith by placing an error in the game, then please feel free to point it out via PM.
2.) All roles are assigned randomly.
3.) Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
4.) All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
5.) I confirm the absence of roles such as: Jester, Lyncher, Contract Hitman, Rogue, Governor. I do not confirm or deny the absence of any other indy roles.
6.) Knowing the background flavor will make the mod happy, and may help you understand certain mechanics present in this game, which is fairly flavor based. However, a fair warning, if you rely too much on flavor, you will get burned.
7.) Kary and Gheb_01 are your IC's for this game. Please say hello and ask them any game-related questions you might have!
[/collapse]

[collapse="Sample Role PM"]

Hello and welcome to the game, (name here)! You are a Rebellion Soldier, Vanilla Townie. You're a normal NPC and you tend to die a lot! Lucky for you, you finally won't have to endure death any longer as you only serve as a sample Role PM!

Active Abilites:

You have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely.

You are Town Aligned and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse="Player List:"]
Bold = Confirmed

1. LoliLovesRain
2. Ori_bro
3. BadWolf28738
4. PrivateJoker-Brown
5. King of Brawl -Masquerain-
]6. Rake Orboknown
7. BSP
8. Kary (IC)
9. Gheb_01 (IC)

Replacement list:
1. Orboknown
2. Frozenflame751
3. Ramen King[/collapse]

[collapse="Important Posts"]
Day 1 Begins!
Day 1 Ends! Badwolf buried!
Day 2 Begins! Ori_bro faded away!
Day 2 Ends! Frozenflame left behind!
Day 3 Begins! -Masquerain- brutally murdered!
Game over! Joker lynched! Kary and Orboknown endgamed! LoliLovesRain and Ramen King proven victorious![/collapse]

Alive:
1. LoliLovesRain
7. BSP Ramen King

Dead:
BadWolf28738, Sage Harpuia, Vanilla Townie lynched Day One.
Ori_bro, Cyber X, Vanilla Townie killed Night One.
Frozenflame751, Craft, Vanilla Townie lynched Day Two.
-Masquerain-, Hidden Phantom, Town Watcher killed Night Two.
Orboknown, Zero, Town Bodyguard Endgamed Day 3!
PrivateJoker-Brown, Dr. Ciel, Vanilla Townie Endgamed and Lynched Day 3!
Kary, Fighting Fefnir, Vanilla Townie Endgamed Day 3!

#HBC | ѕoup

The following game has an Open Setup. The roles you will see below are all confirmed in the game.

[collapse="Setup"]5 VTs
1 Bodyguard
1 Watcher
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Redirector[/collapse]

Feel free to PM me if you are confused with the role you get. I will be locking the thread and writing Role PMs in the meantime.

#HBC | ѕoup

Role PMs are going out! Please /confirm in this thread when you have received it.

The game will start when 7/9 Players have confirmed.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Rainbow text, my mortal enemy , we meet once more.

En guard you fiend *fences with text block

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Next person to confirm gets this amazing prize:

c'mon people , look at that food selection.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

shame on you >.> , eating Kary's food like that.

Clearly a scum tactic

VOTE: Loli

This game is going to be easy

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I get nothing but looks from the ladies.

Off-topic post confirms Rake rolled town.

GG scum trying to send in Loli to confuse me , but I am too confusing to even myself to fall for it

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Loli are you :

a) scum
b) scum
c ) scum partners with gheb
d) closet justin beiber fan

please bus your partner in your next post.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Oh wow this is a small game. This will be nice to go with the 2 others I'm in currently

#HBC | ѕoup

A voice cries out in terror..another man put down. Neo Arcadia wants to control everything, it's firm grasp on society that reaches even out of the city walls. One resistance that wishes to stop it all, and one dream that has gone terribly wrong. Who will become the victor amongst all this controlled chaos? A voice beckons in the desert... a mere calling..

"Let's go..."

Day 1 Begins! With 9 Alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Vote Count I:

LoliLovesRain [0]
Ori_bro [0]
BadWolf28738 [0]
PrivateJoker-Brown [0]
King of Brawl [0]
Rake [0]
BSP [0]
Kary [0]
Gheb_01 [0]

Not Voting: LoliLovesrain, Ori_bro, BadWolf28738, PrivateJoker-Brown, King of Brawl, Rake, BSP, kary, Gheb_01.​

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oh this game.

So much of the walk in the park.

FOS: PrivateJokerBrown for being late to the party.

Town:

Rake
Badwulf
Soup(because this flavour rocks)
King of Brawl

Null:

Ori
BSP
Badwulf
Kary

Scum and Must Die soon:

Loli (because its obvios)
PBJ (because his name makes me hungry)
Gheb (because its Gheb)

This game should should be smooth after those 3 are gone.

Rake MVP
King of Brawl for most obvious townie
Badwulf for sheepest townie who helps town win

Directed by Soup

#HBC | ѕoup

A quick mod note to anyone. Your mod loves putting flavor into games. Please let me know if you want me to change the title so it is a bit more professional if you are confused.

Please click the links that I make in posts! Megaman Zero has an awesome soundtrack and you won't be dissapointed!!!!!

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Town:

Rake
Badwulf
Soup(because this flavour rocks)
King of Brawl

Null:

Ori
BSP
Badwulf
Kary

Scum and Must Die soon:

Loli (because its obvios)
PBJ (because his name makes me hungry)
Gheb (because its Gheb)
[/B]
Does this mean I'm a null-town or both null and town?

This game should should be smooth after those 3 are gone.

Rake MVP
King of Brawl for most obvious townie
Badwulf for sheepest townie who helps town win
I agree to this.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

It means your null town with a null town lean.

PBJ wants in on his own lynch : Clever Scum move or distraught townie ?

@Badwulf: PBJ scum , null or town ?
@PBJ: Do you agree with any of my reads ?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies

Kill him! Nah, I feel joking was implemented here... Although Joker always has a special part in my reads...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

Obv your reads are all right. There's so much evidence to support them!

My name abbrv. is PJB, which can be rearranged to PBJ, which is a delicious sandwich. However, I disagree with that being a scumtell. Clearly, being delicious and nutritious is pro-town. I feel this confirms me as town, not as scum.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Alright so Badwulf and PBJ aren't scum together.
Awesome sauce.

Gheb should comment on every odd number post.
Kary should have me as scum.

PBJ should vote Loli.

VOTE: Loli

Lets get this train rolling

BSP

Smash Legend
How could soup be town if he's the game mod? ._.

No random votes from me. I'm just goona work off facts as they present themselves.

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
There's nothing to really pay attention to at this point anyway, so it's understandable.

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP: Also, let me just go ahead and tell you guys that I'll be V/LA for August 3-5, and maybe 6. I'm going to whobo 4. I'll probably check my phone so I won't get behind on anything though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hi newbies, I'm your IC in this game alongside Kary. If you have any general questions about mafia just ask one of us and we'll answer.

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
/confirm

Hi Newbies,

I'm Kary. I'll be talking you through this game alongside Gheb, my fellow IC.
If you have any questions for either of us i'd love it if you could write them in bold like so:
@IC: why are my IC's so talented?
So we don't miss anything!

Anything which is strictly IC business, and relating to me explaining things about mafia, will typically be in italics like so, so that you can tell it apart from how I'm playing the game.

Top Bottom