• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Zero Mafia/Newbie 21! Game Over. Mafia Wins!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote: Badwolf

that's a vote command; as I'm sure you know, each day players vote for someone to be lynched. Votes have to be bolded and in that format to count! If a majority of players are voting for someone to be lynched, it will happen and the Day phase will end- there is no going back once a majority is reached.

We're currently in RVS (or Random voting stage), the part of the game right at the start where players have very little information about one other. Because you lack a lot of information, your vote may be more or less random. Of course, mafia-aligned players know exactly what is going on as they are aware of everyone's alignments. How much you read into RVS is up to you, as is how much you contribute. But it is worth noting that contributing in this stage helps you to learn more about other players and move out of RVS.

How serious is my vote on Badwolf? I'll let you decide

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Badwolf: If you were scum this game, and could pick a player to be scum buddies with from the playerlist, who would you choose and why?

@Rake: Badwolf is your scumbuddy, Y/N?
Also please try not to be too hyperactive this game, eh? ;)

All roles are assigned at random.
'scum' is a term used to denote players not aligned with the town; typically mafia, but in other games this can mean other non-town factions as well.
'scumbuddies' are players of the same, non-town alignment, e.g. mafia partners.
'@playername' is not a command in the game or anything, just a way of directing who you're talking to.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
@Rake: Badwolf is your scumbuddy, Y/N?
Also please try not to be too hyperactive this game, eh? ;)
Nah.
I've had much more interaction with PJB thats worth talking about.

Town:
Rake
Kary
King Of Brawl

Null:
BSP
PJB
Ori
Loli

Scum

Gheb
BW

We should wagon one of these two.
Obviously a townie other than me should make the call.

@King Of Brawl : Between Gheb and Badwulf, who would you rather wagon ?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
*sigh*

OMGUS is a technical term used to describe when a player votes for someone purely in response to that person voting for them. It stands for 'Oh My Gosh You Suck' and suggests that no further reasoning is needed to justify the vote in reply.

e.g. (1.) PlayerA votes PlayerB because X,
(2.) PlayerB then votes PlayerA because of (1.)

The important thing to remember about OMGUS is that it is only OMGUS if there is no additional reasoning for the vote which comes in reply.

Whether an OMGUS vote is scummy typically depends on the reasoning for the initial vote.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Badwolf: If you were scum this game, and could pick a player to be scum buddies with from the playerlist, who would you choose and why?
[/I]
@Badwolf: Not all questions require an answer. If you think it's better to not answer such questions you're free to ignore them or let Kary know that you have no intention of answering them. By not answering the question you're also giving a response in a way and it's not necessarily scummy or counter-productive to not answer all questions. Just be aware of your responsibility and potential consequences by choosing to answer or not answer a question.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
*sigh*

OMGUS is a technical term used to describe when a player votes for someone purely in response to that person voting for them. It stands for 'Oh My Gosh You Suck' and suggests that no further reasoning is needed to justify the vote in reply.
OMGUS goes beyond just counter-voting somebody and not every counter-vote is equal to an OMGUS. You can OMGUS somebody without voting that player - by trying to undermine his/her credibility in a backhanded manner, ridicule him or put him in the center of attention as 'punishment' for voting you. These all serve a similar purpose as the OMGUS-vote.
However, a counter-vote based on solid reasoning and with good explanation offered is not OMGUS. OMGUS does not so much describe the process of a counter-vote but the general act of 'attacking your attacker'. This doesn't have to be in shape of a vote and not every counter-vote is OMGUS.

BSP

Smash Legend
Nah.

Town:
Rake
Kary
King Of Brawl

Null:
BSP
PJB
Ori
Loli

Scum

Gheb
BW

Are you basing this off of anything, or is this just RVS for you?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Pure RVS.

although after pre-game in some of my last games , my confidence is sky high.

You town BSP ?
Would you be willing to RVS vote Badwulf ?

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll let my play show you my alignment. I don't think a direct answer to "are you town?" really accomplishes anything (except leading to WIFOM which is wasting time).

As for the RVS on Badwolf, I'm not exactly opposed to it, but are we going to get anything out of it? My vote would put him at L-3, and I don't want to take any chances with virtually no information.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Upside 1)
We might get him back in this thread and he can give some input.

Upside 2)
If he gets to L-2 and two people alpha strike on him, boom scum , GG.

Upside 3)
If we end up lynching him and he flips scum, one down , one to go.

How exactly is L-3 a chancing it exactly ?

BSP

Smash Legend
It's risky because of your "upside" 2. What if someone has the same idea you have with upside one and puts him at L-2, and then the scum jump on him? It could happen, and I don't want a quick D1 lynch.

Maybe I'm a little too cautious, but we've got time. No need to rush anything imo.

Also, what do you mean by "get him back in the thread"? He hasn't really left or anything if you ask me.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

It's risky because of your "upside" 2. What if someone has the same idea you have with upside one and puts him at L-2, and then the scum jump on him? It could happen, and I don't want a quick D1 lynch.

Maybe I'm a little too cautious, but we've got time. No need to rush anything imo.

Also, what do you mean by "get him back in the thread"? He hasn't really left or anything if you ask me.

Yeah it could happen and then those two would be QL outta hear.
GG

Plus someone would unvote before that happened, nothing has happened as you said so they wouldnt want a QL either.

Dont you want more content to look at if you dislike RVS for your reads process ? I would think you would be all for more information or posts.

Or do you think this RVS stage will prove of little use ?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Just a heads up about 2 things
1) I keep my comp on all the time so I sometimes have this tab open all night.
2) I'm at band camp all week so the only time I have to really post is during night...

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah it could happen and then those two would be QL outta hear.
GG

Plus someone would unvote before that happened, nothing has happened as you said so they wouldnt want a QL either.
Ok, this makes sense. I'll keep that in mind. However, we do have one new person though, and they could unintentionally sheep, which would set us back...but I guess we'd break even.

Dont you want more content to look at if you dislike RVS for your reads process ? I would think you would be all for more information or posts.

Or do you think this RVS stage will prove of little use ?
I am all for more information, but are the votes really necessary for getting it?

I just think of it as...say we both vote badwolf, and he responds with your "Upside 1" and gets back in the thread like you said. What if we didn't vote and just asked him questions anyway? I don't think the votes are vital for getting information out of people because if they don't answer the questions, even without votes, they'd start looking suspicious, wouldn't they? So they'd have incentive even without the votes.

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP: Actually no, 1 town for 1 scum would put us ahead. Ok, I see your point with that, but I'm still not positive that we have to throw votes around.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Rake what are your feelings right now?
This is like our 3rd game together in a row and I respect your opinions on matters.

Imo we need a little more activity to start this game more. People who have only posted their confirming post should give us something. An RVS could be nice haha

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I like BSP a lot. He's taking his time to answer thoroughly and doesn't back down from his own - nicely backed-up - opinions in the face of a more experienced player. I want to see other people's efforts to maintain such a high standard.

Badwolf, do you feel like there's actually a threat behind Rake's push against you? Also explain why you feel that way.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Rake what are your feelings right now?
This is like our 3rd game together in a row and I respect your opinions on matters.

Imo we need a little more activity to start this game more. People who have only posted their confirming post should give us something. An RVS could be nice haha

holy **** someone likes my opinions. auto town clear.
RVS would be great lol,in a 9 man inactivity could be a *****. wagon on BW seems legit

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

what about you Ori ? I'd love if this game was active, If badwulf isnt to your liking id be happy to go to gheb and alright with voting on one of my null reads, what are you feelin ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Nah.

Town:
Rake
Kary
King Of Brawl

Null:
BSP
PJB
Ori
Loli

Scum

Gheb
BW

Move KOB to null and kary to null town lean, move BSP and Ori to town.
/thatupdatedreadlist

King of Brawl

Smash Rookie
My sincerest apologies for being late to the party.

@Rake : Bandwagon? Randomly, I would say Gheb actually. Something about him makes my bolts twitch.

Randomly lynching somebody seems like too high of a risk for me, so I'm going to have to side with BSP on this one. I know 5 : 2 doesn't sound like a bad ratio, but we could accidentally lynch the Bodyguard or Watcher on day one.

Vote: No Lynch

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Rake lemme look into Gheb and Badwolf toDay. Having a smashfest and wont be able to look at stuff till later. I am in agreement with Gheb about BSP's strong footing on what he feels is right.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
GG.

/10thisgames

[/I]
Well IF I was to be scum, I would want one of the IC's to be a buddy. They have the most experience and would make the least mistakes. Only seems logical to me.

@Badwolf: Not all questions require an answer. If you think it's better to not answer such questions you're free to ignore them or let Kary know that you have no intention of answering them. By not answering the question you're also giving a response in a way and it's not necessarily scummy or counter-productive to not answer all questions. Just be aware of your responsibility and potential consequences by choosing to answer or not answer a question.

Argh! I'm at band camp all day... This is the first time I've had on my comp today. I just leave it on. Deal with it.

Badwolf, do you feel like there's actually a threat behind Rake's push against you? Also explain why you feel that way.

Lol no. Rake is just being spaz. I don't think this points to scum but it doesn't give any big red flags to me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Randomly lynching somebody seems like too high of a risk for me, so I'm going to have to side with BSP on this one. I know 5 : 2 doesn't sound like a bad ratio, but we could accidentally lynch the Bodyguard or Watcher on day one.

Vote: No Lynch
Voting for a player does not always mean that you want them to be lynched. Often votes are used as a tool to pressure or test other players and see how they respond. Be responsible with your vote, but don't be afraid to use it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Badwolf: why are you never town? Do you not find it frustrating?

This is what you might call a loaded question; it implies Badwolf is scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
EBWOP:

or Edit By Way Of Post: Editing your posts is NOT ALLOWED, at all. You can multi-post, though, and EBWOP indicates you're changing/editing something you've said before.

It's a loaded question because whether Badwolf answers yes or no, the question has already assumed that he is scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
^you were town in G3S #2 as I recall (but conveniently neglected to mention)

so 'finally' and 'for once' seem like a strange choice of words

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Well I was considering the first 2 newb games I was in... I was scum both those times so I said finally and for once. I kinda don't like your reaching.

BSP

Smash Legend
Badwolf, why walk into the loaded question?

Kary, what's with the loaded questions? Are you trying to incriminate before a person even gives an answer?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Vote Count II:

LoliLovesRain [0]
Ori_bro [2] PrivateJoker-Brown, Anomdaris_Rake
BadWolf28738 [1] Kary
PrivateJoker-Brown [0]
King of Brawl [0]
Rake [1] Ori_bro
BSP [0]
Kary [0]
Gheb_01 [0]
No Lynch [1] King of Brawl

Not Voting: LoliLovesRain, BSP, Gheb_01.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Top Bottom