• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Adult Swim Edition - The sun has risen!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Welcome to Nostalgia. Canadians not allowed.​
Hello, and welcome to Toonami Mafia! This broadcast is a bit of a special edition though, as your usual host, TOM, is unable to join us. Instead, your hosts R&R have graciously accepted to be your substitutes! Now for tonight's line-up...a change of the script.​

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
[collapse=Rules]Fundamentals

1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner that I do not find humorous.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are allowed to say one "Go town!/scum! Rah! Rah! Rah!" post.
  3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is fine in its place.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from replacing.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players or post them in threads. You are free to paraphrase.
  11. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in night action randomization.
  12. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.
  13. This is a game of Mafia. We are your game moderators, Ryker, Washed Laundry, and Gova. Please direct any questions you have about the game to us, either with the @mod: command in thread or via PM (if necessary). I will not answer questions in the public forum related to privately disseminated information barring that it was mentioned in the sample role PM.
Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Ryker.
  2. When changing your vote, you DO NOT HAVE TO UNVOTE before you revote.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. THERE IS NO TWILIGHT PHASE
  5. Barring outside factors, the Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  7. If, for any reason, a modvote is accrued, it cannot hammer a player. It may only add to the total and it would take another vote or a player unvoting and revoting in order to reach a lynch.
Activity and Deadline

1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. During any day phase, if a majority of players input the command "Vote Deadline Extension" the deadline will be extended by 3 days. You may only extend the deadline once. Barring extreme circumstances to be determined by the mod, this will be the only extension you will get. Use it wisely.
  3. Days will generally last 5 days with weekends (Saturday and Sunday) not counting toward this deadline.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.
Game-specific

1. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  2. I do not confirm the presence of a mafia faction.
  3. I do not confirm the absence of any roles in this set-up.
  4. Exception being the sample role PM. The character and role are not used.
  5. Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  6. I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
  7. I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
  8. All of these rules are written on a dry erase board. In the event of a conflict between these rules and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Sample Role PM]Hello Le Bateleur, and welcome to the game! You are:

"What is this pronto?"

Bijou, Town Hamster!

The French dame of the hamster world, you are the apple of every young rodent's eye. Destined to be a heartbreaker, you can only give your love to one hamster. Your heart has been set on Hamtaro since you first met him. You live a rather carefree life, cats not included, and you enjoy it! Such average and pedestrian activities have made you perfect for the example PM!

Actives

Nada.

Modifiers

-Just a Hamster: You have no special abilities. Sucks to be the example PM!

Wincon

You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Good luck!
[/collapse]

[collapse=Playerlist]
Alive:

3. Asdioh
4. asianaussie/BSL
7. KevinM
8. TBG
9. Ranmaru
11. L (EEOS)
12. Raziek

-Replacements-

Dead:
5. Red Ryu
2. FullMetalLynch (Orboknown/Anomandaris_Rake hydra)
6. Potassium
13. Gheb_01
1. Private-Joker Brown
10. SwordsOnIce: The Movie: The Hydra
[/collapse]

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Game Progress!

D1
Red Ruy, Vegeta, Town Scouter was Shining Fingered!
FullMetalLynch, Jeremie Belpois was Lynched!

N1
Nothing happened!

D2
Potassium, X.A.N.A., Mafia A.I. was Shining Fingered!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Notes

Game has started! Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:gova:

Kantrip

Kantplay
now errbody put yo hands up get down on the flo
you aint gotta say it cuz i already know
i be talkin with da *****es, n minglin with hos
now step aside kk? ye im runnin dis show

#confirming

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
/Confirming, for now.

I want to Hydra with someone, waiting until they give me a response. I'll let you know.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oughta be happy that I didn't go with my number two name pick for that hydra.

Your destiny was to be the second coming of Legolas.

TBG

Smash Cadet
Conforming to our overlords

Edit: Awww, damn thing auto-edits caps to lowercase.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The funny thing is that you will henceforth be known as BadXonar or WorseXonar.

Which will indefinitely remember you of your inferiority as well as reminding you of me.

Thank you based ZV.

.L-

EEOS
Confirming participation.

sample role PM said:
"What is this pronto?"

Bijou, Town Hamster!

The French dame of the hamster world, you are the apple of every young rodent's eye. Destined to be a heartbreaker, you can only give your love to one hamster. Your heart has been set on Hamtaro since you first met him. You live a rather carefree life, cats not included, and you enjoy it! Such average and pedestrian activities have made you perfect for the example PM!

Actives

Nada.

Modifiers

-Just a Hamster: You have no special abilities. Sucks to be the example PM!

Wincon

You are town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
It is important to note we are told this role does not exist yet simultaneously told that all information given to us that by the Game Moderator is not accurate. As such, any black and white statement such as "this role is not in the game" is either presented as an outright falsity by the moderator or given knowing we may not fully understand if it is true or not.

Given this information, this role may be considered an additional safe claim by the mafia. One could simply claim the moderator lied; this is a feasible balancing act from a moderator in a game called "don't play this game".

While there is only a 15%, possibly 20%, chance that a player that actually has this role will end up claiming it before death I think it is important to be clear:

Unless the holder of this role claims immediately upon game start, we will assume this role does not exist and as such eliminate anyone who claims such a role.

This will remove a pointless variable. If someone claims it early, the possibility of an investigative role having an early target is much higher.

game specific rules said:
Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during twilight/night, the modkill will affect the next day phase (meaning that day would automatically end if the player is town and that day would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
Given this rule, it is in town's best interests to force a modkill on a player they were willing to kill anyway, assuming we had enough pressure for a lynch and knew who would hammer. This eliminates any hammer-related variables (Shao Khan, executioners, bombs, etc.) if they exist.

However, it would be impossible to force someone of non-town alignment to modkill themselves through anything but trickery. Unless someone has an idea I do not see this being useful information outside of the possibility of a Town Bomb modkilling themselves to prevent who they think is a townie from hammering or, in the case of a random kill, from killing a random player.

I do not confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in private is strictly accurate.
I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
Knowing that not all information given by the moderator in both private and public is not necessarily true, it is important for us to get as much moderator communication as we can.

Given that there are three moderators the possibility of a slip-up is higher than normal. Any sort of mod-error would give us a large amount of information.

More importantly, any mod communication proven to be false will be false for a reason. The moderator will not lie just to lie, unless he does in which case it would be easy to see.

Any lie that is discovered will be a calculated lie by the mod or by a player in this game. Given La B's existence the precedence for a Mod-player has been set. I do not believe this to be the case in this game looking at the playerlist, but similar things (such as one of the mods delivering information for a player) may exist.

If this is the case, more information will be needed to determine authenticity. That said, any form of continuous mod communication in either public or private, especially that which is not specifically requested by a player, should be considered untrustworthy to outright manipulative.

This game will be interesting.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Thorough, precise, and dictated. I am only acquainted with my expectations, and it seems I was not wrong. I see no need for casual introduction, rather I want to declare something.

I am a hired gun, and I offer my services unto you, as long as you are willing to sacrifice your own freedoms. I am not a man of ideals, and you will not sway me with yours. I entered this game because I was intrigued, no, I was vindicated in being given the honor to face you.

Do not waste my time with your opinion of me, as I am well aware of how I perceive myself. If you truly aspire for what is best for this game, you will do exactly as I requested. I am not in this to hear you go on about trivial details, and I will not have you try and deceive other participants for your own gain. If you have nothing to hide, then this should not be a problem for you.

.L-

EEOS
Thorough, precise, and dictated. I am only acquainted with my expectations, and it seems I was not wrong. I see no need for casual introduction, rather I want to declare something.

I am a hired gun, and I offer my services unto you, as long as you are willing to sacrifice your own freedoms. I am not a man of ideals, and you will not sway me with yours. I entered this game because I was intrigued, no, I was vindicated in being given the honor to face you.

Do not waste my time with your opinion of me, as I am well aware of how I perceive myself. If you truly aspire for what is best for this game, you will do exactly as I requested. I am not in this to hear you go on about trivial details, and I will not have you try and deceive other participants for your own gain. If you have nothing to hide, then this should not be a problem for you.

Intriguing.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
L, how much usefulness do you actually perceive this hired gun has long run.

And don't bother throwing out numbers, just give me an opinion.

Top Bottom