• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toonami Mafia - Adult Swim Edition - The sun has risen!

TBG

Smash Cadet
Ah. So you did think I was joking. Was it because of it being pregame or because you did not take my pressure seriously? When I called you out for being nervous, you merely scoffed.

Why? I do not mean to intrude or make you this way, but it is my job to understand who I am working with.
It was because it just didn't make any sense to me as a serious statement. Tonally it sounded serious, but because it was calling me out for an active lurk/fluff post in pregame (and in pregame itself), I just assumed it was good deadpan.

I scoffed because I was playing along and derping around. It's cool that you're asking, it's just kind of a culture shock moment for me. This is nowhere near what I'm used to, since I haven't played a super serious game to completion in a long while. (my community sort of died; that's why I'm here)

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
You're good at searching up definitions, I'll give you that. So, what does it matter if it was rhetorical? A question deems an answer. Your attitude is very unsettling, You have my vote at the start of the day.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
It was because it just didn't make any sense to me as a serious statement. Tonally it sounded serious, but because it was calling me out for an active lurk/fluff post in pregame (and in pregame itself), I just assumed it was good deadpan.

I scoffed because I was playing along and derping around. It's cool that you're asking, it's just kind of a culture shock moment for me. This is nowhere near what I'm used to, since I haven't played a super serious game to completion in a long while. (my community sort of died; that's why I'm here)
Bolded. So you're nervous, as I predicted?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If you're gonna question people on their contributions and make serious attempts to read people, I think it's only fair that you stop using the "it's still pregame, lol" excuse for editing posts. You're clearly playing the game, at this point.

If you think what people are doing is telling, then editing your posts is potentially covering up your own tells.

TBG

Smash Cadet
You're good at searching up definitions, I'll give you that. So, what does it matter if it was rhetorical? A question deems an answer. Your attitude is very unsettling, You have my vote at the start of the day.
did you not just see the part where rhetorical questions don't expect answers

you know, the bold one

right there

asdfghjkl

Is everyone here this serious all the time or what?

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
Most of my edits can be checked by moderators and see that the content is not drastically changed nor used as an excuse. I fix grammar errors and wording. I don't see the issue at all.

Detective Prince.

Smash Rookie
did you not just see the part where rhetorical questions don't expect answers

you know, the bold one

right there

asdfghjkl

When was this decided? Rhetorical can have many meanings, perhaps I already knew the answer and I was only interested in what you were going to say. Funny how that works.

TBG

Smash Cadet
I wasn't really on the first post, (I had assumed this would be similar to AiB's or BGG's Werewolf/Mafia scene) but I kind of am now that you're apparently legit suspicious of me in pregame for reasons I'm just wtfing at.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Most of my edits can be checked by moderators and see that the content is not drastically changed nor used as an excuse. I fix grammar errors and wording. I don't see the issue at all.
Because the "editing posts is not allowed" rule exists for a reason, and I'm not a moderator who can check to see if you altered the content? It's just... ya know, standard practice.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
While you've already agreed to it, I am going to say that if anyone is playing this as if it were D1 is not allowed to edit posts.

Of course, you could just be facetious instead and then I promptly won't give a ****. We do have 4 unconfirmed players on top of a 5th one that's V/LApex.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
A question deems an answer. A rhetorical question does not deem an answer. Stop trying to be clever. It's annoying.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
dont treat that account like you would treat me or swords

Kantrip

Kantplay
Fine, regular forum mafia talk it is :3

KantDance, i didn't read Ryu's initial reaction as very telling , I've never known Ryu to be super aggro in previous games towards inactives , so if nothing else I'll be watching to see what Ryu does in game when it comes to them more closely.

For now from the Rake side, it doesn't do anything but raise the question: What raised RYu's aggression level ?

Why, did you draw anything amazing from it that will shock and awe the entire thread ?
Ewww, the ":3" face. Universal scumtell (exception: you're a girl or posing as a girl). :smirk:

Boring, but thanks.

I don't like the tone here. Not only because it is obviously played up to be sarcastic and condescending, but also because he spins the question right back at me.

No, Rake, I merely thought it was a good thing to ask about to see if you had anything to say. It was less about concluding something about Ryu and more about reading you.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hi,

Captain Obvious here with a public service announcement:

Accusing someone of not adding anything and only commenting without purpose; By idly commenting on it without any oomph behind it, does not lend itself well to people taking this with much seriousness.

As an aside, was he trying too hard to create a joke out of it ?

Feel free not to answer but know that doing so will only further color my opinion of this route at present time.
I forget why I quoted this. I think I'm still irked at the tone that FML is giving other people because looking at it now I'm not seeing anything besides that. I guess I also don't like how FML is shutting down soup's accusations, relieving pressure off of TBG.

Oh, missed this.

~4 years, various sites. (started on AiB)

Rhetorical
a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric
b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected <a rhetorical question>

herp de derp

if you really want the answer though it's obv. because I'm scum
Does anyone else have experience playing on AiB? Can you confirm that the atmosphere there is vastly less serious than what this game has displayed so far?

Do not like this response.

Classic soup. Null for the time being until I see where this goes.

[I have things to say about this but don't want to ruin what Detective Prince is doing. This is a note to self for when they're done their line of questioning.]

If you're gonna question people on their contributions and make serious attempts to read people, I think it's only fair that you stop using the "it's still pregame, lol" excuse for editing posts. You're clearly playing the game, at this point.

If you think what people are doing is telling, then editing your posts is potentially covering up your own tells.
Joker is town.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
dont treat that account like you would treat me or swords
I wasn't. Don't you worry. I will treat it (all hydras, nothing special for yours) like I treat all hydras.

If I have to replace in.

:phone:

TBG

Smash Cadet
Does anyone else have experience playing on AiB? Can you confirm that the atmosphere there is vastly less serious than what this game has displayed so far?
AiB's been a graveyard for ages. Once the Day starts, I can link you to a site I've played on recently if you wish.

Do not like this response.
i can't breathe

so much serious

all the air is gone

Seriously, though, it's like the FBI's morgue in here or something. Only difference is that we're missing bodies.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Don't you find it illogical for someone to respond like that? I wasn't impressed with it at all and it only makes me go back to my original stance before. The joke was completely out of context.
Not in the context of pre-game, weak as that reasoning is; It's not uncommon to see a lot of pre-game BS flying around. The only part that really drew my attention was the tone / effort i felt reading his joking response to you, almost as if he ha dtried to believe it (your pressure) was a joke and tried to jab back, as opposed to actually believing it and joking back. If you catch my drift. Non-telling as of yet but worth note.

More or less.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
For all of you attempting to be clever, you are aware that some of hte missing players could be mafia and you're giving them a framework in which to fit into the game, correct?

You should stop posting. A little goofball RVS is fine. Pregame banter is okay. Extensive posting and creating relationships to players is not.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
For all of you attempting to be clever, you are aware that some of hte missing players could be mafia and you're giving them a framework in which to fit into the game, correct?

You should stop posting. A little goofball RVS is fine. Pregame banter is okay. Extensive posting and creating relationships to players is not.
Or maybe your doing it as mafia yourself!

Aw snap!

:phone:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Always a possibility, in which case you'd have to look at my statement objectively.

Is it true, or is it not? If it isn't, why? If it is, why?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is what happens when games don't start right after signups D:

stupid apex

#HBC | ѕoup

7. felipe_9595

probably should just replace

12. Raziek

VL/Apex

4. asianaussie

I can go bug him if you want

13. Gheb_01

V/LApex

Attention all yoctograms! As of this post, BSL replaces asianaussie!

I have also gotten in contact with KevinM. Just waiting on a response.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
oh ok, im out?

for the record, i just marathoned three full days of cardgame tournament (and this thread must have appeared in that gap), so i wasn't checking this forum religiously like i normally do

#HBC | ѕoup

oh ok, im out?

for the record, i just marathoned three full days of cardgame tournament (and this thread must have appeared in that gap), so i wasn't checking this forum religiously like i normally do
ask if you can replace felipe or something barring you didn't read your PM yet

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
oh ok, im out?

I wish you would've said something to me about it. The V/LA system is in place entirely for this purpose (among others).

Once Drew gets home and we find a replacement, this game will start.

Top Bottom