• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

360 Degree Falcon Punch

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Do a jumping reverse Falcon punch Melee style, then during initial frames reverse it a la Brawl mechanics to do a 360 degree Falcon punch, which in reality would be an unnecessarily technical version, or chock full of mindgames version, of a regular jumping Falcon punch. Useless...flashy...Falcon!

PS I ran a search sorry if it's already out there.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Mocking another poster is fine with me if it's in the same thread but to make a new thread for it just GRINDS MY GEARS ARRGH
Are you absolutely serious? What part of my post did you not understand? Did you even read it to determine legitimacy or were you unable to comprehend it due to your lack of understanding of Melee?

To do a reverse Falcon punch in Melee, while in the air with forward momentum you have to flick the control stick so it changes direction as if you were doing a reverse SHL. This can be applied to Brawl as well. However, during the start up frames of the "melee" reverse Falcon punch if you turn the other direction again using Brawl's properties of Falcon punch, you can redirect it back to a forward attack. Although the tactic can be considered virtually useless, it is still technical and flashy, possibly tricky for the opponent.

The other thread I assume you're talking about mentioned information that can be found on Smash Dojo and was already universally known. I actually contributed something and it's coincidental that a garbage thread undermined it.

Choppah

Smash Rookie
Threads and a friend told me that doing a reverse falcon punch does more damage (although, I haven't tested it out myself) than a regular falcon punch so this technique would be a little more useful. You can get a stronger falcon punch in the direction towards your opponent rather than turning around just so you can get a regular 180 punch.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
So it's basically Falcon Punching the same way as if you didn't turn around or anything....idk, may be somewhat useful if the mind**** gets to your opponent.

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Anyone ever see 180 Falcon Punch after getting hit with Mario's Cape? That looked pretty sweet. >.> Imagine a 360 with Mario's Cape!

Medic

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, I think Reverse does 1.5x damage as opposed to 1x for regular. That's just a guesstimate, though. All I know is that it killed an Ike at 45% on Final Destination, I believe. It was a week or two ago ><

LuLLo

Smash Ace
2 All the people who think the Falcon Punch is predictable:
Why would something be predictable if you are certain it hits and use it only ONCE in a match?
Ever heard of Tapion Punch combo?

I thought the Reverse does 1 or 2 percent more damage than usual??

Mizar

Smash Ace
Why would something be predictable if you are certain it hits and use it only ONCE in a match?

Lol, this is brawl.

Anyway, im gunna practice it, just for the fun.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice

It definitly can be used...
-As usefull as the knee though?
I doubt it....

Doval

Smash Lord
Reverse version does 1% more and kills a little bit earlier. Not a big enough difference to talk about though.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Reverse version does 1% more and kills a little bit earlier. Not a big enough difference to talk about though.
Simna ibn Sind said:
Here is some percent data I gathered for attack killing power. All data was gathered in TRAINING MODE, so there is no stale-move negation and no DI. On the left side I will name a move and to the right of the named move I will give a percent; this percent is the percent at which that move kills OLIMAR from the center of FINAL DESTINATION. It should also be noted that attacks used in training mode are SLIGHTLY weaker than non-stale attacks used in Versus mode, so this data is a CLOSE APPROXIMATE(within 2%) of actual Versus mode statistic.

Reverse Falcon Punch- 40%
Falcon Punch- 59%
http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=5657

Is a ~20% difference in killing ability immaterial to you and not worth mentioning? Shield breaks and missed rests do occur as well as partner grab set-ups and tech chases. No matter how inconsequential the damage difference is, the % between a kill or not matters and also the additional knockback by doing a move that IS part of Falcon's arsenal in a game when characters already live much longer makes quite a difference in gaining that stock lead.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
That's good stuff about the knockback difference. The only problem is that the Reverse Falcon Punch takes a smidge longer to charge than the normal one which can make or break the move.

Top Bottom