• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3D-B presents: Got Milk?

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Date: September 12, 2009

Name: P_wii's place
Address: 61 claremont ave.
Montclair, New Jersey, United States
Notes: Use "www.mapquest.com" it will take u form any location

Description:

After, thinking about it for a while, me and my friends deicided to make a local tourney, for fun and just to see how it turns out, if this turns out to be succesful We will create many more :D

Sign ups will start at 12:00 and close at 1:30 for Doubles, Then low tiers Singles/doubles, we'll end with singles

Venue Fee: 3$

Singles: 10$
Doubles: 10$ each player

Side events

Low tiers:

Sonic is allowed in low tiers

Singles: 5$
Doubles: 5$ per person

Prizes:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd:10%
4th: Hug from Rika

If u bring a Tv and Wii it's free venue Fee

I'm already putting 3 TVs but we NEED MORE, so please bring Tvs, we need them!

I live next to CVS, subway, and blockbuster, outside food/drinks are allowed with a 50 cent Fee, we will supply Food and drinks too.

Contact info:

Email: brawl@rocketmail.com
Aim: Oscar1domo

RULES:

All Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes, with items set to off and none.
All matches are best 2/3 except for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are best 3/5.

-First game is double blind, and ach player must strike 2 stages until 1 is left.

-Second and third games, winner bans 1 stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character first, loser picks character, then the match can start.

-No stage you had previously won on may be played upon twice within a set unless agreed upon by both/all players.

-In the event of a tie, determine by stocks, then percent. If a tie still exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

-If a suicide move causes the end of a match, the win will go to whoever initiated the move.

-Any action that causes the game to become unfinished (glitching, freezing) will count as a forfeit of the match for the person who initiated the action.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape Glitch is BANNED.

-Excessive stalling and planking are banned

-Dedede's standing infinite, and any sort of infinite grab releases. Wall locks are NOT banned because there are no permanent walls, so death is not guaranteed.

-BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLER

•Neutrals (Use strike system)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

•Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

•All other stages are banned

If u have any questions or concerns u may post.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Seriously. If you are charging 5$ and it's in your house, I doubt the tourney will run smoothly. Use a real venue instead of your home!

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
I'll be at this with like 5 other crew mates, I'm bringing 4 tvs, 2-3 wiis and a Full recording setup, so all the smexy matches go on youtube.

Edit: Yo since this is one of your first tournies you should probably remove low tiers.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
I'll lower it down to 3 since I'm not really doing it for the money but don't spect for me to lower the prize
And we'll make it work, im sure ppl will help working it out to make low tiers happen

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Alright, first off, I don't care if you let Sonic in your low tier tourney, but he's not low tier.

Secondly, ban Picto and Japes or you will lose a lot of attendance.

Third, seeing as this is your first tourney, you should probably not run a side event. Low tiers is fun, but you should probably run it after your main tourney. Since this tourney is getting a lot of buzz, it might mean that a lot of players are going to show up, and that will mean you might not have time for low tiers. While I love low tiers, it's far more important to you and for everyone that your first tourney runs smoothly, and this probably means no side events.

Inui ran low tiers first at No Maps! quite foolishly. That tourney ended at two in the morning.

Also, you should ask the accomplished players in the region (like Inui, myself, etc) to assist you in seeding the bracket.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I will try to make this one although you should clean up the first post a little to make it look better and easier to read.

Japes = legal? Perfect DK ***** on japes :chuckle:

No rolling stones please.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Alright, first off, I don't care if you let Sonic in your low tier tourney, but he's not low tier.
Truth

Extremely super true even thought I <3 Japes lol.

Third, seeing as this is your first tourney, you should probably not run a side event. Low tiers is fun, but you should probably run it after your main tourney. Since this tourney is getting a lot of buzz, it might mean that a lot of players are going to show up, and that will mean you might not have time for low tiers. While I love low tiers, it's far more important to you and for everyone that your first tourney runs smoothly, and this probably means no side events.

Inui ran low tiers first at No Maps! quite foolishly. That tourney ended at two in the morning.
I Strongly agree with this since it's is your first tournament, even though there's gonna be people helping out.

Also, you should ask the accomplished players in the region (like Inui, myself, etc) to assist you in seeding the bracket.
Also a must.

I know you'll do 3d-b'll do the right thing ;)

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
Dont listen to inui <3 no low tiers it is fun but like i probaly will never go to one of inuis tournaments again because of that.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman

I agree with pierce however I thought japes was SBR legal but its w/e

Low Tiers even though I love them so forced me to withdraw from the main event when I could have went pretty far still was mad fun tho

Def have pierce or inui seed the bracket

Im going to need a partner for this

clowsui

Smash Legend
@pierce: i don't understand how pictochat and japes are not legit...i wanna see some of the ec reasoning on this

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Don't speak of characters you know nothing about. Sonic is abysmal.

qft

rofl

It's going to be fine as long as they have enough set-ups. I will help them.

Low tiers is too good.

"Foolishly" my balls. The tournament ran late for people in the finals, but I only had seven set-ups to work with, so finishing by 2am was an accomplishment.

If Got Milk has just one more set-up (at least eight), I can make their tournament finish by midnight because they probably won't have the same attendance as mine.

qft

Dont listen to inui <3 no low tiers it is fun but like i probaly will never go to one of inuis tournaments again because of that.
I won't miss you.

Low tiers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

@pierce: i don't understand how pictochat and japes are not legit...i wanna see some of the ec reasoning on this
EC prefers skill-based stages, not stages where random occurances and the stage in general decide who wins instead of the players.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
I'm sure this is finishing on time, I think they'll have like 12 setups. I'm bringing like 4 tvs, and some wiis, they just have to keep reminding people to bring setups. If the tournament doesn't finish it's because no one brought setups!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Not according to the tier list but in reality he is. He's terrible and an overall worse character than bowser and PT. You excel with mario, doesn't mean the character does, its you.

False

Then don't go. Low tiers is fun.

Don't speak of characters you know nothing about. Sonic is abysmal.

Low tiers is too good.

"Foolishly" my balls. The tournament ran late for people in the finals, but I only had seven set-ups to work with, so finishing by 2am was an accomplishment.

If Got Milk has just one more set-up (at least eight), I can make their tournament finish by midnight because they probably won't have the same attendance as mine.

qft

I won't miss you.

Low tiers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

EC prefers skill-based stages, not stages where random occurances and the stage in general decide who wins instead of the players.
All true.

I do have one serious question for you though Lucas. How come you don't do low tier doubles and doubles at the same time at your event? Then the same for both singles this way people aren't waiting around forever.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
I'm sure this is finishing on time, I think they'll have like 12 setups. I'm bringing like 4 tvs, and some wiis, they just have to keep reminding people to bring setups. If the tournament doesn't finish it's because no one brought setups!

We really need set-setups, Right now i think there's liek 14 I think, it should work :psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

Zucco

Smash Master
Ima need a good parnter at this, Inui/Atomsk and Ksizzle/Ally are gonna be brutal teams to fight.

Top Bottom