• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitokiriBattousai

Smash Rookie
loss of vertical vectoring was a huge nerf to Lucario. He's much worse in many matchups now, because his own vertical KO power isn't that impressive, but he dies much earlier off the top
as a Lucario main i can agree with this it is much harder to stay alive with high % now which hurt Lucario overall

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I dont think they banned customs, but I think its too hard to really make an accurate tier list so soon with them

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I've never seen the Japanese players use custom moves

Oh hey Olimar isn't bottom, maybe Japan knows something about him.

Zelda really shouldn't be that low, so that leaves the worst character to be Kirby...

...AGAIN

Zorrioh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hyozans
3DS FC
1848-1766-0747
I've never seen the Japanese players use custom moves

Oh hey Olimar isn't bottom, maybe Japan knows something about him.

Zelda really shouldn't be that low, so that leaves the worst character to be Kirby...

...AGAIN
WHY does Kirby have to be on the bottom?! I wanted to main him so bad but after seeing he got no buffs here I'm losing all hope...

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
WHY does Kirby have to be on the bottom?! I wanted to main him so bad but after seeing he got no buffs here I'm losing all hope...
I'm sure this won't be the only patch, and if Kirby is clearly the worst now then he will definitely be the first to get buffed.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
If Falcon just got a few landing lag frames cut from his dair and fair, he could be A tier imo. But hey, I am not complaining. At least he wasn't really nerfed.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
If you really wanna buff Falcon make dthrow to knee a true combo at mid/high percents. Then he'd be SS tier :4falcon:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I wouldnt lose hope just yet regardless, like I mentioned the tier list isnt definitive and the game is still early.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ ItsRainingGravy ItsRainingGravy what do you mean that a lot of Villager's moves are articles (in reference to your lost a few pages back)? I glanced at the mined data and noticed that Villager's FSmash didn't have a release frame, and wondered if it was related. Are articles projectiles, items, or something different?

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Guys, I just realized something... The 3DS version was a glorified beta test for the Wii U version that we paid to be a part of...
A glorified beta test, smash run, and a $40 voucher for a soundtrack CD and Mewtwo. To be fair, we pretty much knew this going in.

Zorrioh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hyozans
3DS FC
1848-1766-0747
I'm sure this won't be the only patch, and if Kirby is clearly the worst now then he will definitely be the first to get buffed.
I hope so. For some reason when I play Kirby, the way he feels just seems powerful like he's actually good.. but he's just not. Oh well guess I'll keep crossing my fingers until the next patch.
I wouldnt lose hope just yet regardless, like I mentioned the tier list isnt definitive and the game is still early.
That's true, and perhaps whatever I see in him will turn out to be something decent someone discovers later on, but it still drives me crazy not to see my dude Kirby succeed. xD

Chakra-X

Smash Cadet
I think some people are severely underestimating the ability to play Smash out of their pocket. That is huge to me, I just hope they update it to have more functionality with the Wii U version (why trophies and custom moves can't constantly be uploaded is beyond me).When you used your money to purchase that $40+tax video game for a portable system, knowing that you would pay another $60+tax for a game that would knowingly be superior in terms of content, I do not know what was to be expected. The only thing I could hope for was for more connectivity. I would love to grind for gear, moves, and trophies when I am waiting on a train, then just transfer it to my Wii U version.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Why didn't the characters that needed buffs get them? DK needs something, his brawl form was better.
Also, the removal of DACUS worries me. It's like they want their game to be boring and die off quickly.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I think some people are severely underestimating the ability to play Smash out of their pocket.
Oh sure, I can't claim I didn't get good value out of it (played like 70+ hours already), though I don't think this is the kind of game I'd usually want to play if I'm traveling or something (and if I'm at home, I can just play the Wii U version).

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
@ ItsRainingGravy ItsRainingGravy what do you mean that a lot of Villager's moves are articles (in reference to your lost a few pages back)? I glanced at the mined data and noticed that Villager's FSmash didn't have a release frame, and wondered if it was related. Are articles projectiles, items, or something different?
Thinkaman actually wrote that, not me. lol

But yeah. Articles are pretty much projectiles/disjointed hitboxes. At least to my understanding anyways. Someone else can probably explain it better though.

Judo777

Smash Master
The biggest problem with it being based off feedback from whiny players, is simply that the patch has been done for FAR too long, to be based on such things (as in, this patch has been done by at least the beginning of October, before the US 3DS version even came out)

And to my understanding, the Japanese community has much different views than some whiny US players do.

TL;DR: Its more than likely not based on whining of any kind, merely Nintendo thinking certain people were too strong

Thats not to say I agree with Mac's aerial side B getting nerfed (no, he didn't need that, the jab nerf was definitely needed though; the only other person in the game who can do 20% with a jab combo is Shulk, in hyper buster mode which only lasts for 6 seconds, and has a 10 second cooldown after it ends)

The only other nerf he got besides the aerial side B thing, was his jab.
But people are the same. Scrubs in Japan will whine about the same things that American players do. The views at higher levels has in the past been somewhat different, but these were not high level decisions. Like I said, there is NO WAY it wasn't based off feedback from bad players (probably Japanese but still).

Last edited:

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
This probably needs more testing, but from what I can tell I can no longer dash grab and use my momentum to 'pull' characters off the side. It seems that characters in grab now stop their momentum when they are on the edge.

I tested this with Falcon since he's who I saw the technique with first. On another note with Falcon I think they may have changed a few of his voice clips.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
This probably needs more testing, but from what I can tell I can no longer dash grab and use my momentum to 'pull' characters off the side. It seems that characters in grab now stop their momentum when they are on the edge.

I tested this with Falcon since he's who I saw the technique with first. On another note with Falcon I think they may have changed a few of his voice clips.
You can definitely still do the grab thing.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yes I am changing the op when I get the chance.

Getting a haircut and then reformatting the entire thing, fixing small errors and swapping the values we think are bkb to kbg
Can you also add in the key what bkg and kbg are? Because I don't even

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ Attila_ Attila_

basically it refers to a hitboxes position on a plane axis like this

z position is actually further into the background ('im fairly certain) while y is up and x is across, so the hitbox of falco's fair hasn't really changed

Remember dedede spotdodge in brawl? he went so far into the z-axis that you couldn't hit him out of it even during frames he was meant to be vulnerable, similar sort of positioning happening here

sorry for the ****ty explaination I'm working on the op atm >.<

Last edited:

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
For some reason Hydrant -> Bair still works in the Wii U version. Maybe not all of the changes on the 3DS are in the Wii U version yet?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I think this might be the most recent Japanese tier list.
...How in the world are Marth and Lucina right next to each other, and Pit and Dark Pit more then a tier appart? Three moves and a Final Smash, guys.

For some reason Hydrant -> Bair still works in the Wii U version. Maybe not all of the changes on the 3DS are in the Wii U version yet?
I heard the Wii U version is still on .3 for some reason. Blarg, what a mess.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
There are definitely some 1.0.4 changes in it though like the Luma nerf.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
This has probably already been asked but does anyone have the slightest idea when the wii U version will get 1.04? It's still at 1.03...

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Was Rosalina's down-b glitch vs DHD fixed where it froze the can/discus in place and prevented DHD from using the attack again? I don't think anyone figured out how to replicate that, but I could be wrong

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@ Attila_ Attila_

basically it refers to a hitboxes position on a plane axis like this

z position is actually further into the background ('im fairly certain) while y is up and x is across, so the hitbox of falco's fair hasn't really changed

Remember dedede spotdodge in brawl? he went so far into the z-axis that you couldn't hit him out of it even during frames he was meant to be vulnerable, similar sort of positioning happening here

sorry for the ****ty explaination I'm working on the op atm >.<
So how does this relate to falco's fair?

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
So, is it finally fine for me to update? I mean, surely Thinkaman and the other people who have 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 can take care of it? Plus datamining?

The thing is, I'd really like to play Online etc. but I've been hesitant to update because I wanted to help look for changes. Am I still needed for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom