• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3ds

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm going with a friend to get one tonight because we can get them for $200, so why not?
ima get splinter cell for it, I've never played a splinter cell game that I didnt throughly enjoy.

as for region locking, that might slow people down for a few months, but I can almost garuntee you that it wont be a problem for those in the know.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
So i got it. Messed with the features. Played one of the built in games. And now I wait for a decent game to be released....

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Gimmick. But only for the time being. Can see lots of shooters and platformers taking good advantage of it.

Starfox 3D better not be ****.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Get at me all you want, but I'm not impressed with the 3DS at all and here's my reasons.

• Have to hold the 3DS stupidly still and straight while playing in 3D because of the bad viewing angles.

• Resolution is too low which results in games looking very jaggered and have the illusion of running at lower framerates while playing in 3D. This is to the point where I personally would play with the 3D off all the time. (Playing with the 3D off actually increases the resolution because of how 3D works).

• Bad battery life, its enough for a big sitting, but would of been nice if it was better.

• Happy they gave it a slide pad thing, but would of been much happier if it had a proper control stick and also 2 control sticks like the PSP 2. I guess maybe they couldn't figure out how to have a proper control stick on a handheld that folds.

• I'm ok with the graphics, but it would of been nice if they made it a bit more powerful, like at least as powerful as a Wii.

• Doesn't bother me because I'm not buying one at launch, but yeah launch titles were pretty crappy.

I'll probably buy one when the inevitable 3DS Lite comes out, hopefully it increases the resolution so I can play in 3D.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Looooooool Jbirds.

I was thinking about getting one... But yea the sweet spot sounds annoying. I'm gonna wait till it gets hacked before I get one, delicious R4.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
jbirds does make a good point

also ric there are 'factual' posts around the internet that state that the 3ds is more powerful then the wii, and others that claim the opposite.
from that we can gather that if its not better, its not far off from it, and for a handheld thats amazing.

what really matters though is innovation (without it we wouldnt be playing games) and gameplay (without it we'd be watching **** movies)

graphics can **** off, and since thats the majority of your points, that means your an idiot and you can **** off too.

yes there is a certain level where graphics will affect gameplay, but that hurdle was overcome somewhere back in the 16 bit/32 bit era's

you need to learn to stop being spoilt and learn to apprichiate the finer points of gaming.

your only real valid point as far as I'm concered is launch titles, and while that is annoying its something that will be fixed within a short amount of time, futhermore there is still an entire backlog of normal ds games to play on it, so I guess you could say that technically its launching with hundreds of games.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
in case you hadnt realized by now, perth dont do anything by traditional standards

Richard7

Smash Ace
in case you hadnt realized by now, perth dont do anything by traditional standards
in case you hadn't realized by now, I'm entitled to my own opinions, so you can go and **** off.

Hey Ric is there anything you do like?

apart from no music of course
Hrrrm from what I can think of right now...

Metal Gear Solid , Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia (2008), Crysis, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, Paper Mario, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, Final Fantasy 8, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

I've still got quite a few games to play so I can add to the list later on if you want...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm waiting for OOT3D to be released in Japan, then I'll buy it.

I wasn't overly impressed with the 3D when I played it at the demo thing, ricky is right, definitely a gimmick for now imo. I'll be buying it primarily because of Nintendo's amazing track record of quality handheld games, not for what 3D will do for Mario/Zelda/whatever.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Richard probably plays all those games on mute, hence why he likes them so much.

Friend at Uni has a 3DS so I had a play around with it. Not that impressed, let's hope there's going to be more awesome games coming out besides OoT (other games out atm don't interest me).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
in case you hadn't realized by now, I'm entitled to my own opinions, so you can go and **** off.
ahhh touche my friend, because if your entitled to your own opinions, then surely I am too, and if my opinion that I'm entitled to, is that your opinions are bad, what then?

paradox power!!!!

also apart from those games rob listed
starfox 3d!!!

I'll be buying splinter cell 3d tonight when I grab my 3ds, so I'll let you guys know what I think of it.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Richard probably plays all those games on mute, hence why he likes them so much.

Friend at Uni has a 3DS so I had a play around with it. Not that impressed, let's hope there's going to be more awesome games coming out besides OoT (other games out atm don't interest me).
That's strange, because I have the soundtracks for about 3/4s of those games and I enjoy them quite a lot.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
we know that the 3ds is region locked
what I'd really like to know, is if the 3ds is region locked for backwards compatable games?
I want to play 999, but it isnt released in pal :(

also damn ric, you enjoy silent soundtracks?
thats ****ing wierd

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Personally i enjoy the 1st silent soundtrack more than the later works, the quality really slipped imo after they decided to go in a more mainstream direction.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
but the first one was only half as long!

ahh, I guess the quality of the silence is more important then the quantity

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i don't want one, but i'll inevitably end up with one because nintendo handhelds always somehow sneak into my collections. sometimes i forget i have a DSI, GBASP, etc

i want starwoxy 64. and that's it

swordsaint

Smash Master
lol richard.

as silly as he's being the sweetspot of the 3ds was slightly annoying, but its not life changing or anything to write home about.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yeah you get used to it, it'll only really affect you if someone bumps into you or something. I was fine after a few demos even when there was a cord actively trying to release the 3ds from my grip.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah but you have the ganon death grip that revolves the world around taps and ****

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Can you actually talk about the 3ds and not troll Richard ffs >_> let people have their own opinions god. Acting like ****ing kids.

I'm getting a 3ds when better games come out I guess.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
leish you love it, besides, he trolls himself.
kids dont troll, they scream and cry

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Unfortunatly I preordered ages ago before OOT wasnt announced as a launch title, I sort of assumed it would be. My bad

Anyway so I have it, it's gimmicky but the 3d works better than it did at the tour they were having, haven't played any games apart from the 2 tech demo's built in which are fun for a little bit. All launch titles seem dull to me.

Upon a system update you get a video of just some scenery, skateboarders etc, it's dull but shows that the 3ds works well.
Face raiders is a bit of fun IF anyone but you will let you take their photo D:

The analog stick in my opinion feels really nice and works well.

The 2 bad things
1) Battery life (duh)
2) DS games seems to have a loss of quality, not sure how to explain it but it seems a little grainy or something :p

Still when games I want comes out (aka Zelda and Starfox) it'll be fun :p

PS: It's now dubbed my finger print collector

Top Bottom