• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U 3rd Party GC controller THAT'S ACTUALLY DECENT

Ravio'sDirtyHat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kristopher117
3DS FC
3583-1010-0141
So I went to Game Stop last week wanting to get a GameCube controller because while I was doing pretty decent using a 2DS at my local smash events(don't ask),I felt like no C-Stick was holding me back,and basically I had 2 options. Get a 3rd party controller (ew) new or a used OEM,which is fine except they were selling it with the analog stick chipped in half,c stick dangling downwards,and gunk in between the shell almost separating it. So I figured I've had luck with 3rd parties before,
granted they were either a hit or miss,and for $13 at least to try out the layout wasn't that big a deal for me.

But guess what? It's actually pretty dam good! It's definitely not as amazing as the OEM ones I remember using with my uncle when I was little but for a third party controller the build is amazing. There's no creaking what so ever,cord is a decent length,the sticks don't dangle at all even after a week of use,all the buttons respond like they should and the triggers don't have that weird feeling most 3rd parties have where its like they're scraping the inside as they get pressed in.

The Z-button is a bit clicky but in a good way it feels very solid and not creaky. The rest of the buttons don't even jiggle like most 3rd party controllers. It's to the GC controller what Rock Candy is to the 360. Sturdy,cheap,not the greatest but not bad by any means and gets the job done. If you need a spare controller and don't want to spend a ton I would recommend unless you're a die hard for the OEM.

8/10 Good build and feel but the cords a bit stiff but the length is good so meh.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/gamecube-wired-controller-for-wii/136265#productDetails

I may consider uploading a video over viewing if anyone's interested.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
I know this controller. A friend of mine owns it due to funding constraints. The only problem I see in it, other than overall durability is the analogs as they're pretty plastic-ish. Buts its cheap if you can't afford an official GC controller.

Ravio'sDirtyHat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kristopher117
3DS FC
3583-1010-0141
I know this controller. A friend of mine owns it due to funding constraints. The only problem I see in it, other than overall durability is the analogs as they're pretty plastic-ish. Buts its cheap if you can't afford an official GC controller.
Really mine feel rubbery more then plastic-ish and yeah the durability will never rival the original

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
i recommend trying out the biogenik wiiU pro controller i switched from gcc to using that because it feels absolutely amazing, way better than a gc fits my hands perfectly, and feels very nice.

Ravio'sDirtyHat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kristopher117
3DS FC
3583-1010-0141
i recommend trying out the biogenik wiiU pro controller i switched from gcc to using that because it feels absolutely amazing, way better than a gc fits my hands perfectly, and feels very nice.
Dang that looks sleek but my local smash scene has a GC controller fetish and it's just easier to plug in and play

Last edited:
Top Bottom