• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/24/10 -Melee At Swordancers!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT! !

Whoever brings a recording set up gets in FREE for ALL EVENTS!!!

This applies to the door fee, to. :chuckle:

Kuroth

Smash Rookie
My work scheduled me to work Saturday despite me asking for the day off, and I couldn't find anyone to cover my shift. Sorry man, I feel terrible about this. ;_;

I really wish there were some way around it. I'd skip out, but I'm already in trouble for attendance policy (had a lot of sick days in the last 6 months), so it could result in losing my job, which I obviously don't want.

Best of luck, sorry again. =(

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Yo, maaan!

Kuya, my ride, will be able to start going to your house at 2:30. We'd arrive there at 3.
That's if we DO go. His family might take him to a water park, which would leave me stuck.

I will post a definite decision before the tournament about our attendance. If we do go, can you postpone melee singles till 3?
Doubles, we were planning on entering, but we don't wanna hold your tournament up that much.
Most singles start at 3 anyways, right?

lemme know what you think, sword. thanks.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
does anyone in orlando want to smash tonight?

321-604-8717 text/call me if you do

edit: i am insanely good if you're wonding

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Sword I added the listing to the FL thread to maybe pull up some last minute interested attendees. I hope everything goes well tommorow and you guys have fun. If anyone manages to record material at your tourney I can publish your tournament to FL's Youtube channel. This could be used as advertising material if you do consider continuing your tournament series. Due credit will be given to the recorder when they are published also.

Pi

Smash Hero
So yea
Me and the twins pretty much confirmed for this
so is THEIR recording set up
but I urge anyone with a LAP TOP OR AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR BIG STORAGE THING OF ANY KIND TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR UPLOADING THE RECORDED MATCHES

srsly
we are mad lazy and we'd rather just pawn the **** off on someone else
so anyone with the means to store the video's on feel free to say HEY, LET ME UPLOAD EM

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh to make sure one thing is clear I hope no one feels I'm trying to take most of the credit of the hard work someone goes through and bringing their things to the tournament and recording everything. It's just that everyone seems to record things, but there's no central place for people to plainly go to YT and watch FL vids. everything is pretty much spread out and disordered. The Florida thread on this forum has a YT account which was used during melee days, but since then has been collecting dust. I want to revive it with new material and have it serve as a central channel for the FL smash scene. Enjoy the tourney~

#HBC | Dancer

@Pulp and Kuroth: Sorry to hear that guys. Maybe next time.

@Ace: Mmmm, it depends on how long the attendents of the tourny want to wait. Don't worry, though, I think it will work out. :)

@Kniht: Glad to hear you're coming! I have a lap top, but I have NO idea on how to upload to it, so you're going have to do it yourselfs. >.>

@2link121: Thanks for adding me to the FL thread! I appreciate it. Also, I'll be happy to let you publish any vids from my tourny (if kniht uploads them to my laptop) on the FL thread. Once again, though, I have no idea on how to work with videos, so I might need some help with it.

So, does anyone need a last minute teammate now that Kuroth isn't coming?

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
my attendance is uncertain.
if I do go, I will arrive there at 3.

I will find out 2-2:30 about ability to go.
Hopefully that will be a lil' better in advance timing to give you guys info. on starting melee singles.
Or, if I haven't posted my decision yet at 2, can you just post that melee singles has already started(if it has) so then we don't show up and waste our time?
sure we'd have fun playing people and maybe crews, but I wanted to compete! haha

thanks

Pi

Smash Hero
I got second!!!! (out of 6) SECOND!!!!!!!!!!
next time i won't take it so easy on you!

only 6 people stayed for any kind of event so we ended up doing a round robin

1) Dark Sonic
2) Plup
3) Nasty
4) knihT
5) Zer0
6) Sworddancer

basically tons of friendlies, we recorded the whole round robin tourney so those will get up (eventually), very fun, very educational, samus is 2good
samus ditto's
not so much.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
haha, Rx

Plup beat Kuya. Kuya got 3rd at that 6-man WATO tourney. but he won a free french fries coupon for Burger King, what did you win Plup??!

Round robin is everyone plays everyone else, instead of brackets style?

Pi

Smash Hero
haha, Rx

Plup beat Kuya. Kuya got 3rd at that 6-man WATO tourney. but he won a free french fries coupon for Burger King, what did you win Plup??!

Round robin is everyone plays everyone else, instead of brackets style?
yea
think of pools
but with everyone.

#HBC | Dancer

Fun tourny! Only 6 people came (8 if you count qdvs and Rx, who left early) but that's cool. Kniht posted the correct results, but left out a bit. Here it is completed:

DS - Plup 2-1
DS - Nasty 2-1
DS - knihT 2-0
DS - Zer0 2-0
DS - SDDR 2-0
Plup - Nasty 2-0
Plup - knihT 2-0
Plup - Zer0 2-1
Plup - SDDR 2-0
Nasty - knihT 2-0
Nasty - Zer0 2-1
Nasty - SDDR 2-0
knihT - Zer0 2-0
knihT - SDDR 2-0
Zer0 - SDDR 2-0

Thanks for coming everyone! I'll probably host another one soon!

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Naw man samus is really good. She's just annoying to fight. Like Falco. They both force me to change my play style in order to have a chance at winning. That's the annoying part. :(

Two-Ell

Smash Master
looks like you guys had fun that's cool. KnihT did you guys manage to set up the recordings onto Sword's laptop? Whenever you guys have them prepped for upload contact me and I'll give you access to upload to the FL Smash YT account.

Pi

Smash Hero
Naw man samus is really good. She's just annoying to fight. Like Falco. They both force me to change my play style in order to have a chance at winning. That's the annoying part. :(
ah i feel ya. I feel the same way fighting ganon & peach.

looks like you guys had fun that's cool. KnihT did you guys manage to set up the recordings onto Sword's laptop? Whenever you guys have them prepped for upload contact me and I'll give you access to upload to the FL Smash YT account.
we got them all recorded, as well as some friendlies, on my friends laptop, i think he'll be uploading them to his YT account though, i'll get back to you on that.
I have the laptop in my possession though, setting up the software on my PC to get my tech skill video underway. He'll be over today though so i'll return it to him so expect them up some time this week.

#HBC | Dancer

My next tourny probably going to be brawl, then I'll go back to Melee. Also I think I'll hold Melee smashfests when ever I can.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh alright KnihT I understand since it is his equipment. Lemme know if he feels like publishing through FloridaMeister. If he does his account gimme a link so I can watch them lol. Also that's cool Sword you might be looking at a nice triweekly/monthly.

Top Bottom