• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/24 The Geneseo Smash Tournament AKA THE SUPER-SPECIAL-AWESOME TOURNEY Results

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
This tournament sucked because Minh won Melee. I'm now gonna play only Brawl forever, because Jesse was my hero, and has let me down. :(

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo night/David, this is rob from philosophy club lol. CHECK YOUR PM's !!.

Hi everyone. student from geneseo, wasn't able to make the tourney, looked fun though. Looking to play better people so if anyone in geneseo wants to play just message me.
Get this kid to play. Don't care if its brawl or melee. More kids = way better.
Ike...and Link? WTF? Twilight Zone? 0_o
TwistE, San is legit, minh is an underdog in the community. He plays way more ****ing SF4 but he was on his game. And Jesse lost. >_>

The tourney was a great time. I played Diddy and that was the first time I've ever played in one, but maybe not the last, who knows. I'll be honest, I came to the tournament expecting to do much better than I did simply because I had never been exposed to the smash scene before. I got knocked off my high horse pretty quick after playing James' Lucario and witnessing one of Cura's IC matches early in the day. It was cool to see so many different characters being used and so many different playstyles, not to mention that everyone was a good sport and all that. The friendly matches were a good time too and exposed me to some great players that I hadn't faced in the brackets. I'd say it was a success for sure.
YO legit you did amazing for your first tournament and you should keep playing. Our communtiy is big and legit. Like my ****.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
Aww, I should have gone to this. I actually don't know why I didn't.

i'm gonna train as much as I can for syracuse now

Spin937

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much for coming everyone! I had a lot of fun and it was great to meet so many cool people. I'll give some shoutouts later. Thanks for showing me your moves!

Minic

Smash Apprentice
Mad fun tournament, been trying to catch up on hw cuz i didnt get anything done with it being toracon weekend and tournament. Food was great and live entertainment next door = awesome. Really sorry i didnt get to play more friendlies especially with you Beta but i was really tired by the end of the night. Next time for sure

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Yo night/David, this is rob from philosophy club lol. CHECK YOUR PM's !!.

Hi everyone. student from geneseo, wasn't able to make the tourney, looked fun though. Looking to play better people so if anyone in geneseo wants to play just message me.
Responded. Also, come to Nassau if you want to Melee it up, we're always playing.

The tourney was a great time. I played Diddy and that was the first time I've ever played in one, but maybe not the last, who knows. I'll be honest, I came to the tournament expecting to do much better than I did simply because I had never been exposed to the smash scene before. I got knocked off my high horse pretty quick after playing James' Lucario and witnessing one of Cura's IC matches early in the day. It was cool to see so many different characters being used and so many different playstyles, not to mention that everyone was a good sport and all that. The friendly matches were a good time too and exposed me to some great players that I hadn't faced in the brackets. I'd say it was a success for sure.
Hey! Your Diddy Kong was too good! I can't handle the banana shenanigans yet. No one else from around here plays Diddy so you'd be a welcome addition to the tournament scene.

You, and any new players here should introduce yourself to the WNY community here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255695

The tournament scene has been picking up HUGE recently, it was pretty sparse last year and things'll probably quiet down a little bit over the summer-- but next fall is anticipated to have a lot more tournies.

And I'll be holding another. I'm glad you had such a good time, getting more people like you and Derek is huge for the community.

ThisKidJuni

Smash Apprentice
Lol @ me getting 7th. So bad at this game. :[ Nitro/Spamus great tournament.

Shout outs

Jesse - You did beastly as always, but everyone always have an off day.

Minh - Crazy Link good job in winning. And also I hate you for winning the SF4 tournament at RIT and also for playing SSF4 without me.

Foy - Matches were to awesome to watch.

Spamus - You've got a really good samus very smart need to teach me a few things with her.

Nitro - Didn't get to play :[

Beta - Way to ****ing own me hard :[ nervous as always playing against you I don't know why.

Amber - Best Sheik cosplay I've ever seen.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yeah good **** man. Took my 1$. ;_; I'll get my revenge! -shakes fist-

But really though you've got a lot of potential with diddy. He's one of the more underused high tier characters. Hope to get a lot of friendlies against you this summer when you come back to syracuse over the break! I'll hit you up on facebook when we're doing something in syracuse.

Top Bottom