• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4-Controller to USB Adapter Project

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Definitely let me know when you're read to sell then. Cause I'll buy

Dakufuren

Smash Rookie
How much would you like for one (Including shipping to sweden?)
If you are selling or when you are ready to sell just let me know

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I put in a clarification at the bottom of the OP. I'm really happy to see that there's people interested but unfortunately I'm not quite ready to sell anything just yet.

Also - I'll be at Apex. So if I hurry it up I might be able to sell some there. Could be extremely convenient for some people.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'd probably purchase one as well. I wouldn't mind buying it without the case. Should be easy to make my own, if anything.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
What about cardboard cases? Cheap and easy way to keep the wiring organised.
Personally I'm going to work towards making some kind of professional case.

Before I come up with the ability to do that though, I'm hopeful that people will buy adapters without cases and come up with and share clever ways to house them.

In other news, I just received the boards I was waiting for to commence soldering and testing. It's late though so I'll try to get home early from work tomorrow and get to work on that.

oksas

oak-sauce
you still planning on selling these at apex? i would be interested in buying :D

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
For those wondering, the status update on this is I simply do not have the time to manufacture these myself. The alternatives are either to get them manufactured by a company or to sell the design itself to someone who will manufacture and sell them on their own. I do not really know how to progress on these fronts so if anyone has any ideas/experience with this kind of thing, help would be appreciated.

Kadano

Magical Express
Maybe contact Mayflash? They are already producing 2-GC-to-USB-adapters so it should be feasible for them.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36

Zodiac

Smash Master
Alright so..Has anyone thought of maybe making one of these for Wii u? I know it would require a lot more knowledge of the Wii U's OS than we currently have buuuuut wouldn't it be awesome?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We would first need some form of official wired controller to appear so that we at least have a control schema to reverse engineer.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I mean there are adapters that map GC controller buttons to Wii Classic Controller buttons.
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_to_wiimote/index.php
http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Cont...=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=gamecube+to+wii+u+adapter

Unfortunately these are limited in that they cannot possibly use the analog L/R trigger inputs because the Classic Controller doesn't have such buttons.

As far as perhaps impersonating a Wii U Pro Controller... it's possible I suppose, even if it would require making a wireless adapter you plug into or something (would look a little bit silly). Does the Wii U Pro Controller have analog L/R triggers? Does the controller lag? I don't expect the adapter would lag but if the controller lags to start with then there's no hope.

Kadano

Magical Express
I don’t own a Wii U but I’ve read several rants about the Pro Controllers lack of analog triggers. It seems it has 4 digital shoulder buttons. Maybe Melee emulation will allow assigning those four buttons to digital shield / grab / light shield freely. I don’t think Nintendo will do this, it’s more likely they’re just gonna drop light shield.

Zodiac

Smash Master
The biggest problem is that we can't really have in person tournaments with EVERYONE USING A WIRELESS CONTROLLER. We should start brainstorming on how to solve this now.

Top Bottom