• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4 Stock Comeback - Niagara Nov 14

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
No one wanted to make the results thread, so here it is. Its late, but better than never. Ayaz sent me the tio data but I need him to send it to me again to put up doubles.

The tournament went well considering it was last minute. Thanks to everyone who came out. It was hella fun.

Singles:

1: Ryan
2: KK
3: GaynEX
4: I.B
5: Zen
5: sauc3
7: Chaotic
7: AfroFace
9: Sanuzi
9: Linksta
9: Nick
9: Tips
13: Rob
13: Alex
13: KC
13: lawlb0t

*Doubles wasn't finished top three split?*
*I am waiting for the doubles image*

Doubles:
1-3: Bernard + Ryan
1-3: KK + Chaotic
1-3: Zen + Josh
4: Team Black Barbershop
5: KC + Lawlb0t
5: Hyerlinksta
7: Todd + Elisha
7: Robart + Alexman
9: Scar hates jigglypuff
9: slyfox + smoke

GGs to everyone in my pool, bracket, chaotic, afro and who ever else I played.

G U R U

Smash Lord
I assume ??? means unknown?

Good job beating Bernard David!

Also holy crap Kurtis you beat Art? Good job man. I'm sure he was pissed about that :laugh:

I must see these matches!!! Did you guys record any?

unknown522

Some guy
yeah that's me. Dunno why it's put like that. I also changed the name during the bracket, but someone changed it back to that...

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Are there any errors? Ayaz is suppose to send me the unfinished doubles bracket image. His tio isn't exporting the data properly.

I have some recordings on my laptop, im going to work on them right now.

Yo sauc3, I don't know if you recorded everything, but if you did it would be awesome if you could compile any of my matches. Then RAR and send over megaupload or something?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
From the other thread

Bernard and someone were playing on the big TV and neither of us cared about getting it recorded.

Alright so now real shoutouts.

1: ??? - Good stuff. Jab ***** me.

2: KK - Voice failure was voice. Wait. lolz. Even without a voice it was pretty fun, eh? Tuna <3 I think someone ate our McDouble or threw it out accidentally. Oh well. Fun tournament. Learn how to tech chase you silly scrub.

3: GaynEX - You got this. Go get me. <3

4: I.B - 3-stock was really funny. And you didn't have to face me for once in bracket. Crazy ain't it?

5: Zen - LOL you can't read my handwriting. Failure by me. And you. But you need to be better offensively. I should have used my Peach against you in friendlies. I should have played you in friendlies period LOL.

5: sauc3 - Hehehe you kept making fun of me for being a borderline mute. Jerk. Friendlies were fun. GG losing Roy Sheik. Your Puff needs more Bair and duck against Sheik. And silly Bair combos against Fox.

7: Chaotic - Bracket was fun. LOL how you and Chris finished in the same spot. Falcon tier.

7: AfroFace - TY for such fast video uploading for WFs. I think you need to tag better though. I will visit you at some point.

9: Sanuzi - You got this. Next time Zen shall explode. We never played after. SMB for the Wii is legit. Laptop failure is so gay. Ugh.

9: Linksta - <3

9: Nick - I hope you learned from my matches against Ryan and Bernard. I played pretty good that day LOL. Pretty really good. Some big flubs here and there but those happen and I'm pretty sure they have more legit johns than I do so... ^.^ I think at low percents you can either trade hits with Fox, do aerials, or grab. Not much else to do tbh.

9: Tips - We should have played more. Fox vs Peach and Marth vs Peach is as gay as balls lol. I must visit you at some point, does the GO bus go to Oakville?

13: Rob - I don't remember you but if you tell me I probably will. You seem familiar.

13: Alex - I don't think we played. We should have.

13: KC - Legit Luigi. Charles and Coolhat would be proud. I can never tell with Ganons LOL.

13: lawlb0t - Peach vs Ganon is much less gay than Sheik vs Ganon. Try SH FF Bairs. They autocancel if you do it right. Do the Bair at about halfway up your SH, then FF at the peak of your jump.

Ayaz - Legit tournament.

AvariceX - Falcon U-throw --> Uair is soooooo good. You should do it more. On Sheik you don't need to U-throw Knee her when she DIs away LOL just spam Uairs and make her get off the stage. If she survival DIs them she can be Kneed after Uairs so just do Uairs until she has to do jump + poof to recover to until she's willing to take a Knee.

Last person in my pool: I FORGOT YOU ASFDHLSFHLA if you remind me, I will know.

Kirby dittos with guy during pools was legit.

When I epic failed the pools and put everyone from Niagara in one pool was hilarious. Good thing we spotted that one and fixed stuff in time LOL.

Idea said:
- oh, cool, good for david for winning all those matches. well, until he comes in here and reverse-johns =P

- also good for afro

- that is more than a small amount of money
Heh. Ryan said he was frustrated during our GFs. Sheik is really gay. And has some pretty stupid KO power. And I underrate her a lot. And I really can't argue any of those because they're all true... :embarrass

Afro Chris is sometimes good. I agree with Ken though, Nair does nothing to Jiggly. Survival DI is what makes people pass over the second hit and Puffs survival DI almost always LOL. That and Nair is best when you win range and priority war on a horizontal plane and clearly Falcon doesn't against Puff hehehe.

Just trade Knees with her moves. Ken did it to my Peach and it seemed about as gay as balls so... ^.^

The $70 doesn't take into consideration the teams money (*flex*). Me and Ken got $30 each for 2nd place. Although it was pretty balls that we didn't play WFs and other stuff and Zen left so Josh couldn't play it out with us (we 3-0ed them in WSemis but they were close matches heh; I'm surprised it wasn't 3-1 or 3-2, they really were beating us game 3 until Chaotic randomly decided that Fairing and Bairing through Falco moves was a legit strategy).

Xelyst

-_-
lol ben you dont know anything XD

i went falcon and had some lolz

mediocre falcon vs mediocre falco yeyahuzzz

+ since the next match was unknown so w/e XD

good **** kurtis chatham/london in top 5 yaya!!

ggs everyone very fun day!

and thanks again david and ryan for everything =)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Josh, you forgot all your extensions/powercables right where you were playing super Mario bros.....

Shout-outs!

Everyone: Thanks for helping host this tournament, it couldn't have happened without you.

Niagara: **** Tier

Josh: Thanks for bringing so much to such a small event, sucks that the Sunday morning was rough. I don't think we played, which is a shame, but honestly I was too busy with stuff to even get that many friendlies.

KK: good **** on keeping Brenard on his toes, hope that throat gets better.

Brenard: There's always room for improvement :) House of the dead was too good, sorry I forgot that my wii had my old connection, you would have loved Medal of Honor online.

???: Good **** on winning singles Ryan, next event I'll try harder to play you in bracket.

I.B - Good games on Sunday, Hope my Falcon seemed somewhat of a threat :/

If you want to talk about other things, I can do that on msn but not here on SWF.....

Zen: Sick games man, you taught me a lot about pacing my own skill. I won't forget.

Sauc3: Nice placing, you earned it.

Chaotic: Sick Falcon, hope mine catches up to yours soon!

Afro: Sick Falcon and team jump combos in New Super Mario Bros lol

Linksta: Didn't even play you again..... You would have probably beaten me if we played in tournament. I still got one on you from Havoc. Get at me.

Nick: Good **** all day, it was really fun playing you again.

Steve: We should talk more about setting up more tournaments, get at me.

GG's all around, If I host something in the future, It will be a bit more prepared, and hopefully will have more than a week's notice lol

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
1: Ryan - Always good talking to you. Thanks for stomping me in pools, I'd so much rather get ***** and learn about what I'm doing wrong than have people sandbag (even though you may have been sandbagging anyway since you'd still stomp me and I wouldn't know the difference :p). Thanks for the advice too.
2: KK - You are a bottomless well of knowledge and I really appreciate all the advice. That sucks what happened to your voice but it was still great talking to you... you said you were only coming for money but you still socialized! <3
3: GaynEX - This is the first time in a while that I forgot to play a game with you :(. Still thanks for the talk... I'm just soaking up as much knowledge as I can and I'll catch up to you guys yet :)
4: I.B - Nice meeting you, you're really chill and your Marth is unbelievably smooth.
5: Zen - You did what you came to do, gj.
5: sauc3 - Awesome placing, but I'll still get you at the next London Bi-Weekly. And never forget; I saved you with a knee.
7: Chaotic - Thanks for the Falcon ditto advice, it has already come in handy and I'll be sure to remember it.
9: Sanuzi - Bracket ***** :(. Good seeing you again. Don't worry about my performance though; I could go 0-30 and still love this game and want to keep playing.
9: Nick - gg's in pools; I got ***** XD
13: Alex - ^
13. KC - Awesome friendlies. I will always root for the Ganon :)

Ayaz - Thanks for hosting this, it was a lot of fun. Falcon dittos all day :D

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
1: ??? - What drink would you like? // Coke Zero // WTF dont get coke zero that ****s a scam! // Is it really? // Did you still want coke zero? // yoooo it's not too late to change it, change it to Coke // I'll get a Coke please

2: KK - I'm glad you lost your voice, the charades and whispers were hilarious. Also ggs and good doubles.

3: GaynEX - Good games, thanks for the insight too, slowly but surely putting it to use.

4: I.B - omg you were so close in that one game, then you walked on Cloud #9 and got ****ed. fun friendlies learnt alot

5: Zen - ggs man, in both singles and doubles. Have to get used to that bird of prey

7: AfroFace - Yo did you see that?!?! // See what? // Yo someones ****ing running around the car // Wtf are you talking about // Oh god there it is again // Omg your right wtf is that

9: Sanuzi - Your a champ and a half, thanks for the ride. Yo what was that recipe? Soho Lychee and something? I gotta try that ****. I got mad hyped up for mario but c'est la vie, get at me on msn i want to install it badly lol

9: Tips - ggs in bracket

13: Alex - ggs in bracket, glad you didn't falco lol, friendlies were good too

Ayaz - Great tournament, everything was so chill about it.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
AvariceX is too good at mindset.
Yeah, I'm really impressed at Avarice's approach to the game. Zen is doing the same thing. Good **** you guys.
*Blush*

:laugh:

I have a question now though.... although this is something that probably hasn't applied to you guys in years. When practicing what do you do when you can't get something down consistent....or at least you aren't getting it down as fast as you think you should be? Practicing combos is starting to feel a little awkward now...it's either floaties which take no effort to combo or fast-fallers who can only be comboed at certain %'s and a lot of it is auto-combos or chain-grabs soooo I guess I'm just not sure what conditions I should be practicing under (assuming no live opponent is available).

Also best part of this tourney was the kids who stole Zen's diet pepsi max that he left outside my car and they were kicking it down the street... I didn't even get to see them but Zen was pissed XD.

sauc3

Smash Lord
*Blush*

:laugh:

I have a question now though.... although this is something that probably hasn't applied to you guys in years. When practicing what do you do when you can't get something down consistent....or at least you aren't getting it down as fast as you think you should be? Practicing combos is starting to feel a little awkward now...it's either floaties which take no effort to combo or fast-fallers who can only be comboed at certain %'s and a lot of it is auto-combos or chain-grabs soooo I guess I'm just not sure what conditions I should be practicing under (assuming no live opponent is available).

Also best part of this tourney was the kids who stole Zen's diet pepsi max that he left outside my car and they were kicking it down the street... I didn't even get to see them but Zen was pissed XD.
start watching yourself play (by recording yourself against other players), and look for habits to get rid of,
work on hitting L cancels consitenly (whether they connect or not), and also, know h how far you should be jumping to cover a roll/tech. Making the read is half the battle, but if you can punish the read, and hit the l cancel, and get the knee every time, you'll improve alot faster.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
7: AfroFace - Yo did you see that?!?! // See what? // Yo someones ****ing running around the car // Wtf are you talking about // Oh god there it is again // Omg your right wtf is that
lol you guys thot i was lying then 2 figures run past the car, and then u believe me XD

Sanu

Smash Champion
@Ayaz: Haha, I thought I misplaced them somewhere x.x

Xelyst

-_-
I hope he means for melee :laugh:

edit: and yah wtf at the guys who went berserk over my drink =/

Top Bottom