• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th-D Slip Master: Ninten for DLC!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
im just shocked there isnt a little more activity on here!!!! So, to stir things up, how many of you bought EB B on the eshop and how far are you? im still in Magicant i believe Ninten is level 17? im grinding till he learns offense up (for Llyod) this is my 4th playthrough of the game too might i add:grin:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
im just shocked there isnt a little more activity on here!!!! So, to stir things up, how many of you bought EB B on the eshop and how far are you? im still in Magicant i believe Ninten is level 17? im grinding till he learns offense up (for Llyod) this is my 4th playthrough of the game too might i add:grin:
Haven't bought the game yet, but I will think of doing so after getting some betting money from my brother.

Still enjoying Earthbound on my girlfriend's Wii U as we speak since it's technically the last day that I get to stay over her house. That Dungeon Man part never fails to amusement due to how amusing it is.

One suggestion I have for boosting some discussion or getting more supporters is to update the title to reflect the new game's release. For example, put "(Earthbound Begginings Had Been Released)" after Ninten for DLC since it would really get more attention. That way, more people can be reminded to buy the game or think about voting for him.

Edit: Nevermind that last part, I've confused you for the real thread owner. This is so embrassing. :/

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I bought it, but I'm playing through some other games currently. Once I'm finished with them, I'll devote attention to EB B.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
look at what i found
I remember that sprite, someone was working on him as an expansion character on the SSF2 Exoansion Forums years ago before its closure (R.I.P.). With the developers handling expansions themselves ever since, I even wonder what's the odds of the team adding the other Mother protagonists (Lucas and Ninten) as DLC in Super Smash Flash 2.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
All 3 Mother protagonists in Smash needs to happen! I've yet to buy Mother on eShop now that the English version FINALLY released, I will soon. I have to admit it is the only one I haven't played, but have always been meaning to.

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
they could just give him a design overhaul like they did with peach/fox

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
My Move-set for him s;

Normal Special: PSI Brainshock- Similar to PK Flash and Freeze. It has slow horizontal movement, like PK Flash, but moves from top to bottom quickly. When the opponent is hit, he is sent upward a decent distance, enough for combo setups and is given a poison flower on his/her head. The flower lasts longer depending on the charge. Ninten will yell “Brainshock” when he does this move.

Up Special: 4th D Slip- Ninten teleports up in the air to recover or move around the stage (same as Mewtwo’s teleport from SSBM only a small glowing box of PSI surrounds him). If performed in the air, he will perform a Superman like flying pose, disappear and than reappear. When he re-enters in the air, he appears arms outstretched in his direction. When he re-enters on the ground, he performs a flashy pose, legs and arms outstretched, looking down and away than quickly returns to his normal stance.
Anyone close enough to Ninten will be dragged along with him, they'll be stunned if Ninten lands on the ground or keep flying if he exits in the air

Side Special: PK Beam- Ninten yells “PK Beam” and shoots a small orange laser beam out of his eyes (similar to ROB’s laser except it has limited range, and it doesn’t travel through enemies).

Down Special: PSI Hypnosis- Ninten quietly says “Hypnosis” causing colorful hypno circles to flutter around him (the hypno circles look similar to the ones in Earthbound). Enemies caught in this will fall asleep. The amount of time they remain asleep depends on their damage level and how close they were to Ninten when he hypnotized them.

Final Smash: EIGHT MELODIES- Ana and Loid teleport onto the stage and start singing the 8 melodies with Ninten. Ninten sings the first few words before running off to rejoin the fight. During the song, all Ninten’s Enemies will remain asleep with large flowers on their heads, untill Ana and Loid finish the song.

Alt Final Smash: E.V.E, The top half of E.V.E rises from the background and tears into the stage with punches and lasers,after he summons her Ninten can run around and fight as normal, E.V.E lasts for 12 seconds

A – Does a quick bunt with his bat.
A Combo – Follows the Bunt with a kick.
Forward Tilt -Swings his bat with one hand horizontally.
Down Tilt – Holding his bat horizontally with both hands, pushes it out and back. Causes the opponent to trip.
Up Tilt – Flips upside down and does a kick with both feet, there are lots of PSI sparks.
Forward Smash – Uses PSI to swing his bat for him. The damage when performed normally is not great, but it quickly grows exponentially when charged. When fully charged, it’s damage and knockback is stronger than Lucas’s Up Smash. Requires at least 1 second of charging to deal any dangerous damage.
Down Smash – Does a BreakDance, similar to Luigi’s Down Smash, except a spark of PSI bursts at the bottom of his foot on his left and right side. The burst of PSI does more damage and knockback than his general person does.
Up Smash – Pulls out the Slingshot from his back pocket and shoots it up. It shoots a concentrated mass of PSI a short distance up for it explodes, similar to PK Flash. (similar to Snake’s mortar Up-Smash)

Aerials...
Up Air- Does a headbutt like Ness’s up air, only with lots of PSI sparks
Neutral Air – Forces his legs out. A sex kick, like Luigi’s and Mario’s.
Forward Air – Fans out his legs and forcefully swing his bat straight down with both hands. Slow, and a Meteor Smash.
Back Air – Twists a bit and swipes horizontally with his bat behind him.
Down Air – Ninten flip upside down, holds his hand and points down. His finger generates a quick burst of PSI that sends the opponent up. Moderately strong, but not great knock-back. Good for sending the opponent a fair distance up as a set up for combos.

Grabs and Throws…
Grab-Same as Ness’s from SSBM
Down throw- Phycokeneticly slams victim into the ground
Forward throw- Sends victim flying with bat
Back throw- Phycokeneticly throws victim
Up throw- Kicks victim up in the air

Other…
Taunts…
Up Taunt – Sneezes, a reference to how Ninten could catch a cold in Mother from Sick NPCs. If Ninten does this close to an enemy, they will recive a small poison flower on their head.
Side taunt- *Running on spot then jumps yelling* “Go For it!”.
Down Taunt – Asthma. Ninten starts Gasping and Wheezing but then quickly grabs an inhaler from his pocket and breathes in.(In about 3 minutes Ninten starts suffering from Asthma making him slower & Weaker use this taunt to cure it. If this taunt is used when Ninten isn’t suffering from asthma, he will simply shake his head and put it away to let the player know he does not need it yet)

Waiting…..
Crosses his arms and Impatiently taps his foot
Brushes down his shirt
Hands on knees panting heavily(When he’s suffering from asthma)

On screen apearence…
Teleport’s onto the stage with PSI Teleport. After his re-entry, he trips and falls before coming to a stop. He shakes the soot of his head before standing up and getting ready to fight.

Victory…
Uses Ness's original Victory song from Smash 64

Victory Poses-
Shoots sparks of PSI out of his eyes before entering a flashy pose.
Jumps up and down cheering for himself before entering a pose similar to his clay model pose..
Runs on the spot to PSI Teleport, Trips, and explodes

Losing Pose…
Claps, but faces away from the screen (a reference to the Mother’s game over screen)

Because Ness and Ninten are so similar looking the following steps are used to make it easier for players to tell the 2 apart…
Ninten’s hat has a black brim and he wear’s it on the flip side of Ness’s
Ninten is always carrying his bat
Ninten wears a red neckerchiff instead of a backpack
Ninten’s shoes are blue and his socks are red
His hair style is different from Ness’
Ninten carries his bat around all the time (as apposed to how Ness only pulls it out when he swings it)
His striped shirt is Red, White and Blue
Ninten’s voice is different from Ness’ and he speaks with a central American accent
Due to Ninten being younger he’s slightly shorter than Ness and Lucas which also makes him lighter and a bit more floaty

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
As an alt. costume, I completely support Ninten! Though as separate character, I kinda support him (Not as much as others like Rayman, Pichu, etc. though).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The No's are real with Ninten's poll. A dead giveaway that they are under the impression that he would be a Ness clone. :facepalm:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He would be a Ness clone if Lucas is anything to go by. But if he were in the game, I guarantee he would at least differentiate a small bit of his moveset like Dark Pit. (That's if he runs out of time.)

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see him as his own character, but I could see him getting a treatment like Alph/Olimar and Little Mac/Arcade Little Mac, but it would be with Ness/Ninten.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I find it strange that other people want characters like Jeff or Kumatora in the game before Ninten.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I find it strange that other people want characters like Jeff or Kumatora in the game before Ninten.
Because they feel that it would be more unique to have a non-PSI fighter (in Jeff's case) and another female character who uses the other PSI techniques. The fact that Earthbound Beginnings is an unpopular title in comparison to its successor and Ninten screams "Ness clone" to some people doesn't help.

NintenEBB

Smash Cadet

First off theres 3 reasons i made this moveset

1. to see if i could make up a moveset for someone

2. to prove Ninten can be more than just a clone of Ness

3. For the celebration for Earthbound Beginnings coming to America and Europe

Regular Moves

A-A-A combo: punch-punch-uppercut
Forward tilt: does a backwards roundhouse kick
Up tilt: PSI sparks come out of Ninten's head (Multiple hits)
Down tilt: does a backwards swipe kick
Dash attack: does a PSI dropkick

Smashes

Forward smash: swings his Hank's bat
Down smash: puts palm on ground and a shockwave comes out
Up smash: does a PSI uppercut

Aerials

Neutral air: kicks both feet out (this is like Ness' old N air in Smash 64)
Forward air: swings Hank's bat like an axe
Back air: kicks one foot behind him
Up air: kicks both feet upward
Down air: kicks twice downward (2nd kick is meteor smash)

Grab and Throws

Grab/Pummel: grabs with hands and headbutts them
Forward throw: puts palm on opponent and shocks them
Back throw: sets opponent behind him and hits them with Hank's bat
Up throw: places opponent above him and does a PSI flip kick
Down throw: puts opponent on ground and uses a stun gun on them

Specials

Neutral special: Slingshot: pulls out a slingshot and is chargeable and directional
Forward special: Hypnosis: flips opponents around
Up special: 4-D Slip: teleports Ninten upward and is directional
Down special: Power Shield: puts up a PSI shield and reflects projectiles

Final smash: PK Beam: If Ninten is far away from the players a fast and hard to dodge vortex will appear. A cutscene will start where Ana appears and Ana and Ninten concentrate together and will yell out PK Beam just like in the original Mother 1 trailer as a large beam comes from Ninten and Ana which can do critical damage.

Final smash 2: 8 Melodies: If Ninten is close to a player a vortex will appear starting a cutscene where Ana Ninten and Lloyd sing the 8 melodies and the person that was caught in the vortex turns into Giegue before they start singing.

Taunts

Taunt 1: plays ocarina
Taunt 2: breathes in his inhaler
Taunt 3: fixing his hat

Nintendo i hope you like and hope to have Ninten in smash thanks for Earthbound Beginnings. Which final smash do you like more? Also im glad i finally beat Earthbound Beginnings.

Last edited:

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Count me as a supporter! Mother is one of my favorite games, and I think there's lots of potential for Ninten.

I thought about it, and if people don't support Ninten because they're afraid of having another Ninten clone/PK user, how about a moveset where he conjures his friends as the specials? Something like this:

Neutral-B: Lifeup, restores % over time
Up-B: Lloyd/Loid/Roid's Rocket launches Ninten upward
Side-B: Teddy slices with his katana to Ninten's side in a style similar to Marth's Side-B
Down-B: Ana dances with Ninten in an upward spiral similar to Mario's Down-B in Melee.

It's not very elaborate because I just made it up.

Last edited:

NintenEBB

Smash Cadet
The Ninten Clone thing has to stop cause we have Dr. Mario thats a waste of slot tbh unless they gave him something else that i dont know about.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
The Ninten Clone thing has to stop cause we have Dr. Mario thats a waste of slot tbh unless they gave him something else that i dont know about.
Having a mistake of a character doesn't exactly justify another one, though.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Here's a moveset that I thought of.

B: PK Beam:
Ninten fires an energy beam which moves horizontally and delivers combo damage to opponents. Holding B charges the attack which makes the beam longer.

B →: 4-D Slip:
A circle of light forms on the ground which the player controls with the analog stick. When B is released, Ninten sinks into a portal below him and rises up from another at the spot the spot the circle was when B was released. Any opponent caught at the spot where Ninten reappears will receive electrical combo damage. To an extent, the move is kind of like Greninja’s Shadow Sneak, except it doesn’t happen in a flash.

B ↑: PK Teleport:
Ninten rapidly spins either on the ground or in midair and teleports into the direction in which player points the analog stick. An opponent caught within range of the teleportation will receive a fire damage effect.

B ↓: PK Hypnosis:
Ninten releases rings of light from his eyes which lulls any opponent in front of him to sleep briefly. It’s kind of similar to Mewtwo’s disable, except it’s slightly slower to activate and covers a wider range.

Final Smash: Brain Cyclone:
Ninten creates a swirling aura which telekinetically lifts any surrounding characters and rapidly spins them around himself. This is strong enough to throw the opponents off screen. Whoever isn’t KO’d will have their moving controls reversed for a while as if they are confused.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
This "slot" thing has got to stop. When will people learn they don't exist.

As for Ninten, isn't 2 reps for a dead series that only had 3 three games with none actually selling well? I understand that he doesn't have to be a clone, but it would still be redundant. Every Mario and Pokemon character is atleast somewhat unique from eachother. Does that mean they should so many reps (I think so, but others don't)?

Plus, it would be more unique characters in Earthbound (Mother) to choose from such as Jeff and Porky.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
This "slot" thing has got to stop. When will people learn they don't exist.

As for Ninten, isn't 2 reps for a dead series that only had 3 three games with none actually selling well? I understand that he doesn't have to be a clone, but it would still be redundant. Every Mario and Pokemon character is atleast somewhat unique from eachother. Does that mean they should so many reps (I think so, but others don't)?

Plus, it would be more unique characters in Earthbound (Mother) to choose from such as Jeff and Porky.
Two things:

1) I formed this before Lucas was confirmed as DLC, like in 2014, so the scenario would play out as 2 Mother reps if Ness and Ninten got in at the time. Now that Lucas is in, Ninten's chances have plummeted severely, meaning I'm aiming for the more realistic goal of a costume, while hoping he becomes a character.

2) With all due respect, how do you know that Ninten won't be unique? Aesthetically, he could be changed up, I mean, in his own game his sprite doesn't even have any stripes on his shirt. Moveset wise, Lucas and Ness have all three of the offensive PSI moves (counting customs) with Ness also possessing Flash along with Magnet and Starstorm. That is only one PSI move out of all the support PSI moves in existence. While I will admit non-PSI users (most particularly Duster) would probably be considered more unique, but Ninten also holds his own in that department... As long as Sakurai doesn't make him into a clone.

Furret24

Smash Master
Two things:

1) I formed this before Lucas was confirmed as DLC, like in 2014, so the scenario would play out as 2 Mother reps if Ness and Ninten got in at the time. Now that Lucas is in, Ninten's chances have plummeted severely, meaning I'm aiming for the more realistic goal of a costume, while hoping he becomes a character.

2) With all due respect, how do you know that Ninten won't be unique? Aesthetically, he could be changed up, I mean, in his own game his sprite doesn't even have any stripes on his shirt. Moveset wise, Lucas and Ness have all three of the offensive PSI moves (counting customs) with Ness also possessing Flash along with Magnet and Starstorm. That is only one PSI move out of all the support PSI moves in existence. While I will admit non-PSI users (most particularly Duster) would probably be considered more unique, but Ninten also holds his own in that department... As long as Sakurai doesn't make him into a clone.
1) Pardon me, I didn't realize.

2) I do think he could be unique, but that doesn't automatically justify him as a character. A good example of this would be Delphox, or really any popular DLC Pokemon candidate (outside of maybe Sceptile, since we don't have a grass starter yet). I think he would be best as an alt. costume like Alph or the Koopalings. Actually, I think this is something that should be done more often. Dry Bowser and Mr. L would be great for Bowser and Luigi.

NintenEBB

Smash Cadet
If they made him an alt at least let him have his own moves from EBB and say Ninten when he wins or when you pick him in the roster.

NintenEBB

Smash Cadet
He can't have different moves if he's an alternative.
DX welp then theres no hope tho I still have a good stage for Ninten I think you guys no which one im talking about. Btw it isn't magicant it is in Earthbound Beginnings tho but idk if it was ever in brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom