• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 arrested for **** of 7 year old girl who was sold at a party by her stepsister

PopCulture

Smash Rookie
Incorrect, its not about making the girl feel "un-*****" or having her "un-*****" its about PUNISHMENT. The death penalty ensures that these guys will NEVER see the light of day again and further ensures that they will NEVER have a chance to commit any OTHER crimes. Its a justified punishment that needs to be used more often.
I have six words for you kind sir.

TAKE IT TO THE DEBATE TOPIC!

--PC--

PopCulture

Smash Rookie
I feel very bad for the girl, I hope that she can see a good psychiatrist that can help her see past this. It is a heavy burden and she will be in my prayers, I hope something works out for her, lord knows she needs it.

That's the mod's decision, not yours. If you don't like it, leave the topic.
The problem is, this is General Discussion. Used for discussion. Not debate, that is what the debate topic is for. If a mod doesn't move it, then they must not believe that all this back and forth is pointless like I do, and they don't understand that this is not the Debate Forum, its for discussing "Oh, I feel sorry for them, I will keep her in my prayers." not "Well the death penalty is expensive and pointless!" "No it isnt!" "Yes is is!" "Nuh uh!" "Yah huh!"

Geez

--PC--

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I feel very bad for the girl, I hope that she can see a good psychiatrist that can help her see past this. It is a heavy burden and she will be in my prayers, I hope something works out for her, lord knows she needs it.

The problem is, this is General Discussion. Used for discussion. Not debate, that is what the debate topic is for. If a mod doesn't move it, then they must not believe that all this back and forth is pointless like I do, and they don't understand that this is not the Debate Forum, its for discussing "Oh, I feel sorry for them, I will keep her in my prayers." not "Well the death penalty is expensive and pointless!" "No it isnt!" "Yes is is!" "Nuh uh!" "Yah huh!"

Geez

--PC--
The problem with your argument is that people are naturally going to start debating the punishment of the parties involved as an evolution of the original discussion. The two are inexorably linked. This wouldn't be a problem if the Debate Hall were more open, but because it isn't, people feel the need to exchange opinions here. Until a moderator decides whether or not this topic should stay open, I suggest you stop telling people what to do.

PopCulture

Smash Rookie
The problem with your argument is that people are naturally going to start debating the punishment of the parties involved as an evolution of the original discussion. The two are inexorably linked. This wouldn't be a problem if the Debate Hall were more open, but because it isn't, people feel the need to exchange opinions here. Until a moderator decides whether or not this topic should stay open, I suggest you stop telling people what to do.
Sorry, I know this is going to make things worse for me, but I am new here, so I kinda need to learn the ropes. I had no idea that you couldn't just go to the debate hall and post your opinions, maybe I should have looked into that more. Anyways, sorry about the misunderstanding.

And sorry to Mr. Freeman and Xyro too, misunderstood.

--PC--

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, I left it open because the debates that were taking place were actually relevant to the thread's topic. As long as the debates don't get flamey (which they weren't), then its cool by me.

People who do this...

Deserve to be Judged, and sent to the ninth level of Hell, where they can freeze solid while bent in distorted positions in order to compensate for such traumatisation of an innocent.

inb4smartpostagainstmine

Thrice

Smash Cadet
Meh. It's sad and all, and I feel sorry for the girl, but much worse stuff has happened. For instance, there are still places today where this happens all the time, and has even been made into a business.

People buying and selling girls/women as sex slaves isn't as uncommon as most would like to think. Even in American and European cities, it happens. There's a "sex slave trade" in pretty much every major country, and most minor ones.

dniMretsaM

Smash Apprentice
WOW, this is just HORRIBLE!! Why the heck would people do this? First of all: its illegal (here, anyway), second: its just wrong, and third: some people are idiots!!

EDIT: @Thrice: That's true, but its still not cool.

Top Bottom