• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 characters who never should have been in the Smash Bros series.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Toon link, I mean, WTF? its a clone! Put Midna in or something, at least she has importance in being the character that brought depth back to the LoZ series.

And god only knows we could use more Female characters in brawl. And what about Krystal? Polearm combat would be interesting.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I totally second Toon Link...

With all due respect to the people who enjoyed Wind Waker... Why do we need two incarnations of the same character? And what's worse, they even considered Toon Zelda/Sheik!? What's wrong with them people!? Toon Sheik doesn't even EXIST!

The fact that they thought up the concept of a Toon Sheik over a playable Little Mac, for example, disgusts me...

PCHU

Smash Lord
ROB. I hate him.

G@W. I hate him.

PIT. Thought he was cool at first, but I hate him.

ZSS. I hated the Metroid Zero sequence with her in it; why would I like it now?

DK. I know, "HOW COULD YOU CAST ASIDE SUCH A CLASSIC CHARACTER?!"
I just hate him, all there is too it.
I've hated his smile, hated his massive self-esteem and various theme songs to boost it, and just the fact that he's an ape.
I hate chimps and apes.
What's worse is that they made him good. IN EVERY SMASH GAME.
Never has he lost his massive range or his power.

Diddy. I hate him too.

I absolutely HATE ALL OF THE DK CHARACTERS!
Why?!
I have no idea, it's just that he wasn't awesome in Donkey Kong and he isn't awesome now.
He didn't DESERVE all of the various games that were made after him.
He was an ape that continually threw barrels until you reached Peach.

What happened to BOWSER?!
Huh?!
When you walked into a game store, you didn't see him in "Bowser Country" or anything.
So why should DK get HIS own game?

I am fully aware of the order of the games, but my opinion stays.
Remember, I'm stating my OPINION.
Meaning that all of what I say isn't necessarily a fact.

LLDL

Smash Hero
lol the entire list is biased, and the reasons u gave were crap lol. except for ROB, rob is a good brawl character to USE, but AS a character he's horrible. wtf were they thinking.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs
Pichu
Young Link (I liked him, but he seemed redundant).
Ice Climbers

Everyone else seemed practical at the time.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
IMO

jigglypuff- while she was popular, she is still a random *** pokemon and someone like mewtwo should have been in ssb64.

IC- one game, one game only, no sequals, no request for sequals. who even remembers them before melee?

snake- while he's cool he doesn't fit in. if you play his games what do you expect? blood, gore, guns, high language and more.

dr. mario- just mario with a lab coat.

falco- just a partner of star fox. i'm sure more people know wolf more than falco. people only liked him for being a top tier.

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
I'd say

1. Pichu, what the... a minimized version pichu with a bit more of speed and the ability to hurt itself while it attacks... wow...

2. Dr. Mario, so now mario throws capsules... big deal...

3. Jigglypuff,

jigglypuff- while she was popular, she is still a random *** pokemon and someone like mewtwo should have been in ssb64.
agred there partner.

4. Olimar, he's just stupid, plain stupid, plus he sucks.

5. guess nobody...

Mark1119

Smash Cadet
I think Toon Link is legit.

Jigglypuff is the best character in the game, so she obviously should have been added.

Dr. Mario wasn't much.

On Toon Link, He is a very interesting character with his own moveset. Although obviously based on Link, the character is a great addition to the game.

James1119

Smash Cadet

Jigglypuff is the best character in the game, so she obviously should have been added.

Dr. Mario wasn't much.

On Toon Link, He is a very interesting character with his own moveset. Although obviously based on Link, the character is a great addition to the game.
Dr. Mario was a failure..

I think he was the worst, in fact, he was so bad I completely forgot about him.:laugh:

James1119

Smash Cadet
IMO

IC- one game, one game only, no sequals, no request for sequals. who even remembers them before melee?

snake- while he's cool he doesn't fit in. if you play his games what do you expect? blood, gore, guns, high language and more.

dr. mario- just mario with a lab coat.

falco- just a partner of star fox. i'm sure more people know wolf more than falco. people only liked him for being a top tier.
Falco is a big deal, that's like saying why is there Luigi? He's just the unheard of brother of Mario.

The designers were obviously trying to get in a few characters from each series of games.

tgrove69

Smash Cadet

Dr. Mario wasn't much.

Agreed.

Jigglypuff was very reasonable because she is one of Pokemon's most popular mascots. Pichu, not so much.

But Pit? He's good, but he's like 500 years old. Roy was also questionable. They should have added a character from the Yoshi Series.

James1119

Smash Cadet
Agreed.

Jigglypuff was very reasonable because she is one of Pokemon's most popular mascots. Pichu, not so much.

But Pit? He's good, but he's like 500 years old. Roy was also questionable. They should have added a character from the Yoshi Series.
I hated Roy, he was worthless, slow, and hurt himself with his attack, just happened to be his powerful one too.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Agreed.

sure jigglypuff may be popular but does she REALLY deserve to be in ssb64 over others such as mewtwo? he may not be as popular ( i think he was number 3 which is quite close) but he is more iconic and important to the pokemon series than jiggs could ever be. imo i think she should have first started in melee. also, stop basing deservance off a moveset.

§leepy God

Smash Master
If you add Ike and Ness with Jigglypuff then I'll say QFT, (Quote For Truth). I guess I'll still say that Pichu was a mistake to add, IMO. Ohter than that, I guess there was no character that shouldn't have came to Smash as a Playable character.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt

Dr. Mario wasn't much.

hmmm i highly disagree, TL is a lightwieght link with 3-4ish different moves, EXTREMELY similar to link. this qoute... is 100 percent fanboy and ridiculous, TL is the absolute most clone character in brawl, brawl was supposed to have NO clones with the exception of ganon-whom may have become a swordsman if they took out clones- and GW an Ics werent supposed to even come to brawl, i mean even in the story mode those 2 seem kinda thrown in and TL is one of 3 chars that play NO role in story mode wtfh? if they cant make them remotely important why the **** have them? wolf is the only char not included in story mode that i think belongs reguardless and he's probably the least clone feeling clone, jiggs is tight and all, but no she doesnt really belong in brawl and the only reason imo that she is in brawl is cuz shes been veteran since ssb64.

also the WORST clone in the game is snake, hes a clone of Captain Falcon whom already has 1 clone for that aswell as for his moveset, Ganon, so snake has no room in brawl and if he ever tried to falcon punch id stab sakurai in the chest

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Agreed.

Unfortunately, characters from the Yoshi series are not entirely memorable. For me, anyway. On the other hand, can you imagine kicking butt with a Shy Guy?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Sonic, Snake, Lucario, Pit, Twilight Princess Ganon (Srsly, OoT Ganon is too good)

Lol DM was one of the best chars in a smash game (cool factor), and he was good too. His pill trajectory was perfect.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
As for Pichu, IC, and Jigglypuff, I agree 100%. But I found Roy and ROB to be nice inclusions, even with ROB as ridiculous as he is. But he sort of fits into the same category as Mr. G&W, though.

Obsidiotic

Smash Cadet
Wario (He sucks)
Young/Toon Link (I don't hate them, I hate the clonez idea)
Pichu (Clonez)
DR. MARIO (Worst clonez)
Any Marth or Roy
Do not insult the Wario.

Anyways yeah i consider Pichu pretty useless but R.O.B is amazing.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter who shouldn't be in. The more in, the more we enjoy the game as there is always a character who has someone that mains them. If old or new, Nintendo loves to relish their history as well as promoting new games. Even if a character was rushed and shouldn't be in, someone is going to main them.

Banned via Warnings
It doesn't matter who shouldn't be in. The more in, the more we enjoy the game as there is always a character who has someone that mains them. If old or new, Nintendo loves to relish their history as well as promoting new games. Even if a character was rushed and shouldn't be in, someone is going to main them.

thats why i main red alloy, he shouldnt be playable, hes a clone of captain falcon, you have to hack to use him. illegal roster mains FTW

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
1. Olimar - There's a lot of reasons, but some are that he just feels stupid, doesn't have incredibly unique gameplay, is about a hundred times bigger than he should be (and yet is still one of the smallest characters in the game), and takes up a place where a much cooler character should be.

2. Pichu - A clone that seriously sucked. A lot of better Baby Pokemon should have been considered.

3. IC's - While they might be unique, there are others that I think could have been cooler and that have a bigger fanbase.

4. Lucas - I can understand Ness, since there's apparently a big fanbase, but seriously, Lucas? They get rid of clones like Roy and Doc, yet they add another one that is from a game that's more than 10 years old?

5. Jigglypuff - I don't care how supposedly "important" Jiggz was for Pokemon, the've already got two characters representing the first gen. The ONLY reason why Jiggz should have stayed was because she was in the original SSB. Face it, she sucks, is unoriginal except for her floatyness, and really just doesn't bring anything new to the game.

Also, Wario should have been included in Melee, honestly, and Toon Link is there because Young Link was popular in Melee but they wanted to give him an update, hence the change to the WW Link. And yes, Link and TL are two very different characters (mostly the Link sucks).

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
OP hit the nail on the head

EDIT: Oh yeah, also Toon Link being in the game is silly

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
My bluntly honest opinions:

1: Snake
Yes, I know that MGS was a Nintendo franchise way back when. But right now, it is by far considered to be a PLAYSTATION game, and the games in recent memory are played on a PLAYSTATION. He's a great guy, and a hilarious addition to Brawl, but seriously...he doesn't fit the mold.

2: Lucario
Um...sorry to bother you...but who is this Pokemon? In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, he's rather easy to miss (I missed him on my first playthrough), and I had no idea about his movie until after I heard about M2's "second movie". No, I'm not a Pokefan, but regardless: who the *beep* is this pokemon?

3: Pit
Ok, so ICs fits in this same category. But unlike the cuteness and uniqueness of them, Pit is...annoying. He's voiced by a pre-pre-pubescent eunuch in both Japanese and English. I just can't stand TRYING to play with him around because my brain slowly bleeds as I play.

4: Pichu
Another Pikachu in every way you can imagine. Unlike the Cap/Ganon clone, or even the Link/YLink clone, you really don't notice any difference between Pichu and Pikachu except for name. Yeah, they look close enough for me to exclude looks. Heck, even Doc was cloned better than Pichu. And to top it all off, this guy hurts himself by attacking. Fail.

5: Wolf
Do we need another clone of the same guy? Seriously, Falco/Wolf are both Fox clones. I haven't noticed any clone trio in any of the Smashes (Wegee in melee was fairly unique). Heck, they even share the same FS. Of course, as an alternative, you could've dropped Falco for Wolf.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Doc could be an alt
Pichu wtf
Roy was almost uneeded :\
Young Link in melee was pretty pointless but still cool
Getting rid of Mewtwo...WTF?!?!?! Lucario messed that up XD

M.K

Level 55
1. Olimar - There's a lot of reasons, but some are that he just feels stupid, doesn't have incredibly unique gameplay, is about a hundred times bigger than he should be (and yet is still one of the smallest characters in the game), and takes up a place where a much cooler character should be.
Wow, someone actually complained about one of the TRUE original new characters in Brawl.

Huh, what is this world coming to?

2: Lucario
Um...sorry to bother you...but who is this Pokemon? In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, he's rather easy to miss (I missed him on my first playthrough), and I had no idea about his movie until after I heard about M2's "second movie". No, I'm not a Pokefan, but regardless: who the *beep* is this pokemon?
"This Pokemon" was one of the very first 4th Generation Pokemon to be revealed. It had a huge fanbase, speculation that it was a legendary, and a movie in it's name. It is not simply a one-off Pokemon. Lucario was the first non-evolution/pre-evolution Pokemon introduced to the public (Weavlie, Bonsly, Mime Jr were all evolutions or babies of previous Pokemon, Chatot was revealed afterwards)

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
Wow, someone actually complained about one of the TRUE original new characters in Brawl.

Huh, what is this world coming to?
I'm not really going by who's 'true to their character' but more whether or not they're suited to a combat-based game. There could have been so many more characters that would be more fun to play as than Olimar. Again, his gameplay just does not feel right for Smash, or at least to me. Remember that this is just each person's opinion.

5: Wolf
Do we need another clone of the same guy? Seriously, Falco/Wolf are both Fox clones. I haven't noticed any clone trio in any of the Smashes (Wegee in melee was fairly unique). Heck, they even share the same FS. Of course, as an alternative, you could've dropped Falco for Wolf.
Seriously, look at the comparison between Wolf and Fox. Yeah, they have similar specials, maybe a somewhat similar Bair, and Utilt if you want to stretch it. And who friggin cares about Final Smashes? On the other hand, about half of Melee Luigi's moveset was very close to Mario's. UpB, downB, Ftilt, Dtilt (right? Can't remember..), Usmash, Dsmash, Bair, Dair, and Uair are all near-copies of Mario IIRC.

True, Falco is closer to Fox (in Melee they were VERY close to each other in general). but in Brawl they really made him his own. He has some similar moves, but they did a good job of making him feel different than Fox.

Wolf might not have been the absolute best person to put into Brawl, but he's still a good candidate.

Banned via Warnings
I'm not really going by who's 'true to their character' but more whether or not they're suited to a combat-based game. There could have been so many more characters that would be more fun to play as than Olimar. Again, his gameplay just does not feel right for Smash, or at least to me. Remember that this is just each person's opinion.

Seriously, look at the comparison between Wolf and Fox. Yeah, they have similar specials, maybe a somewhat similar Bair, and Utilt if you want to stretch it. And who friggin cares about Final Smashes? On the other hand, about half of Melee Luigi's moveset was very close to Mario's. UpB, downB, Ftilt, Dtilt (right? Can't remember..), Usmash, Dsmash, Bair, Dair, and Uair are all near-copies of Mario IIRC.

True, Falco is closer to Fox (in Melee they were VERY close to each other in general). but in Brawl they really made him his own. He has some similar moves, but they did a good job of making him feel different than Fox.

Wolf might not have been the absolute best person to put into Brawl, but he's still a good candidate.

olimar definetly is the most WTF why is HE in brawl character... i mean how many people played pikmen? 3 maybe 4

but seriously he is one of the laziestly made characters size is incredibly innaccurate. pikmen dont live anywhere but the pikmen planet so how the **** is he gettin them out of the ground everywhere else? the pikmen are barely different in effect, mostly damage is dealt differently. he has one of the worst recoveries. he has the most RIDICULOUSLY easy to take advantage of super armors he has only 4 moves that dont use pikmen. if olimar were even remotely accurate, as imo most characters r with some other exceptions, he'd be soo small that you could K.O. at 100 percent. oli is DEFINETLY illegitimate as a character in brawl.

i also agree that wolf belongs in brawl for sure, the specials i only see his wolf flash as a copied move and even that has its sweetspot factor to rule in. shine has no hover, longer reach and it activates differently. his laser has the bayonette hit and its MUCH slower with alot of stun compared to the other 2 also only 1ish bullets can be shot at a time. his up b is much shorter, no fire attribute, it drags the oppenent VERY tightly, and the ending kick. and ALL of his melee and arials are 100 percent different, not 1 hits in the same way as foxes or falcos

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
5.Jigglypuff: Now Jigglypuff has been around since the SSB64, but IMO, she was
also added to the popularity of the Pokemon anime. If the anime never existed, do you think that she would still be playable? Probably not.
Feel free to add your own picks for 5 characters that should never have been in the Smash Bros series.
Ok. If the anime never existed, in Pokemon R and B, Pikachu was a semi-rare pokemon. By that logic of your anime argument, Pikachu shouldnt be in this game either. It should be Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle, The main characters of the actual game.

Anyway, my list.

1.Falco
2.Wolf
3.ROB
4.Snake
5.Snoic
OH NOES IMA BREAK THE RULES AND HAVE MORE
About the clones
I woudl have like Roy and Pichu, if they changed up the moves JUST a bit.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You lost me on Falco and Wolf Tianxiazhai, but the rest of it is fine.

Top Bottom