• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 characters who never should have been in the Smash Bros series.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
2) Ice climbers: i never knew who they were... they had 1 game and thats it, a game that was not even popular!

3) Pit: i don't know how popular Kid Icarus was, but his name was certainly not Pit... and he has vanished off the face of the earth until brawl came around. I do not believe such obscure characters deserve a spot in smash, especially ones that don't have any iconic purpose, unlike Mr. Game and Watch

4.5) Mr. Game and Watch: how many people remembered this guy? oh right, he wasen't a character until melee... it was alright for melee to recall the first handheld video game ever but he is one of those obscure characters that should not be in brawl.
Your lack of knowledge of these characters says more about you then the characters themselves.

Remember, Brawl was not aimed explicitly at you, in fact it was aimed to appeal to a rather wide audience. Anyone who gamed in the era that produced these characters would recognize them as iconic.

Even well after their time they are still recognizable figures for anyone that who takes even a passing interest in retro gaming who were not gaming at that time.

Seriously, why don't you know Pit, G&W, and the Ice Climbers?

5) Olimar: oh boy... pikmin... olimar is another obscure, but not as much as some, character... his games are bad and he is the most physically senseless character of them all, on top of an unpopular game series
Obscur? Did you just say that with a straight face? Olimar? Really?

A series that's sold over a million units with it's least popular installment, and he's unpopular?

The fact that you don't like a game doesn't make it bad, and certainly doesn't make it unpopular.

Seriously, open mouth, insert foot right there.

1. Pichu
2. Dr. Mario
3. Sonic
4. Ike
5. Snake

Sorry folks. Nevertheless, it´s just my opinion.
And your opinion sucks, remember, not all opinions are equal.

It would've helped if you at least supported it.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Honestly, while they all deserved to be in it, I suppose that if I were to choose one to go, I would pick Toon Link, NOT because I have something against him or anything, but because I believe that he is less iconic than the rest of the Zelda characters, who probably represent the series very well on their own. Most everyone else would leave wider gaps if they were removed.

If I were to use silly logic and just say who I think didn't deserve to be in, I'd pick Snake because he's annoying.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
clones are stupid but ice climbers was a great game

*sonic/snake shouldn't be in but i love that sonic is...snake may be a bit too strong for being 3rd party
idk about IC, it was good, but if they were going by how good the games were then Pit should've got in when Melee was made, and IC getting in Brawl
but yeah clones need to get Luigified (like Luigi to Mario, 2 different special moves, different normal moves, and different FS), that, or eliminate them

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
i know he doesn't suck or anything, but he should be better since he has a learning curve that is bigger than lots of other characters, i'm just saying he should be better for a character with his learning curve, not that he is bad
If he has a learning curve that's higher than other characters, then the people that use him will be a lot better and less people will use him.

Again: have you ever played a good Yoshi?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Anyone who was a clone= GTFO
Missed this...

Just because they were a clone doesn't mean they weren't worthy of inclusion of their own right. It just means the creators were lazy with them.

Luigi is certainly iconic, Ganondorf as well. Falco is arguable. Same with Roy (who was very popular in the states).

On the other hand, Pichu and Dr. Mario probably didn't deserve to be in.

2/6, no way.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
1.Pichu
2.Young Link
3.Falco
4.Snake
5.Sonic
that list seems kinda silly
you got a point with YL and Pichu, but Falco just shouldn't have been a clone, and even if he is a clone he shouldn't be on a top 5 list for that
Snake is good and he is a cool 3rd party character, it is easy enough to assume that the first 3 were because they are clones, but big 3rd party characters like Snake or Sonic should get in

Xerxes

Smash Rookie
Alright everytime I read someone whine on here about lucario replacing mewtwo it just makes me laugh so friggen hard. First mewtwo was not replaced, he is actually on the ssbb disc but he just isn't finished. Diddy kong was supposed to be an ice-climber like character working alongside dixie kong, who also isn't finished. Young link and doc mario are also on the disc and I don't care what you say doc was amazing. Snake does deserve to be on here seeing as how he started on NES and breaking into outer haven was HELL!. Roy deserved his own spot as well because he may be a clone but most of the time fire using clones are the epic win-ness. I'm kind of meh about sonic. All the characters from melee are still on the disc but not finished. And here is another little fact that made me laugh, on the disc there is a toon zelda and toon shiek!?!? Rob was a random but welcome addition. Falco needs to go, all this game needs is a fast hero and a slow but powerful villian no middle bird needed.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Alright everytime I read someone whine on here about lucario replacing mewtwo it just makes me laugh so friggen hard. First mewtwo was not replaced, he is actually on the ssbb disc but he just isn't finished. Diddy kong was supposed to be an ice-climber like character working alongside dixie kong, who also isn't finished. Young link and doc mario are also on the disc and I don't care what you say doc was amazing. Snake does deserve to be on here seeing as how he started on NES and breaking into outer haven was HELL!. Roy deserved his own spot as well because he may be a clone but most of the time fire using clones are the epic win-ness. I'm kind of meh about sonic. All the characters from melee are still on the disc but not finished. And here is another little fact that made me laugh, on the disc there is a toon zelda and toon shiek!?!? Rob was a random but welcome addition. Falco needs to go, all this game needs is a fast hero and a slow but powerful villian no middle bird needed.
I can't help but think that this was an attempt at humor. If so, you're not funny.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I don't see a problem with any of the characters, really. They were all there to promote something or give a certain game some recognition. Pichu was representing the new Gold/Silver generation of Pokemon at the time, and Roy was promoting FE6, even though the game didn't do too well. Young Link appeared in two of the biggest Zelda games of the time, and Jigglypuff was extremely popular in Japan, so of course it got it's spot and hasn't left, but it fits the series well, right? Mr. Game & Watch is like the god of video games, the village elder, etc. And R.O.B.... well, he's been randoly popping up in random games for a while, so I wasn't really surprised.

Actually, come to think of it, there is one character who i don't think ever belonged. Dr. Mario. I mean WTF? He's just Mario in a doctor suit, Wario deserved a playable spot much more than Doctor Mario. His games were good and all, but not THAT good or THAT popular...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Actually, come to think of it, there is one character who i don't think ever belonged. Dr. Mario. I mean WTF? He's just Mario in a doctor suit, Wario deserved a playable spot much more than Doctor Mario. His games were good and all, but not THAT good or THAT popular...
I think you just said that to earn Straked's dislike. :)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Alright everytime I read someone whine on here about lucario replacing mewtwo it just makes me laugh so friggen hard. First mewtwo was not replaced, he is actually on the ssbb disc but he just isn't finished.
...He wasn't put in the game in the end BECAUSE of the reason that Lucario replaced him. :ohwell: Oh, and by the way...

I'm laughin so friggen hard right now!

I think you just said that to earn Straked's dislike. :)
OH CRAP! Sorry Straked, I just don't think he should have been in in the first place, it's a good thing he was cut...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I smiled and nodded my head while reading your entire post...

Until I read this. Doctor Mario certainly wasn't expected, but is it really that big of a deal? One of the best puzzle games of it's time, it had a lot of positive reviews. I don't see why they couldn't just add him in there.

Storm39

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario: He was a clone of Mario. Hell, he WAS Mario, just with a different set of cloths.

Mewtwo: LUCARIO. IS. NOT. A. CLONE. Just hearing the absurd accusations of Lucario being a rip-off makes me wish that Mewtwo was never in Melee. Also, he did not replace Lucario. Mewtwo was CUT, not replaced. He was already partially programmed into the game. He was likely removed due to time constraints.

Pichu: An inferior version of Pikachu.

Roy: Another useless clone.

Sonic: Fanboys. Need I say more?

Also, I find some of the answers to be quite ironic. There was a huge demand for Olimar, and a decent demand for Lucario in Brawl, and yet they're a popular choice in this thread.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
5. Dr. Mario
4. Pichu
3. Jigglypuff
2. Snake
1. Professor Layton Eh, I don't know.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot about Roy! He goes on the list too, but not as the #1 spot.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Dr. Mario: He was a clone of Mario. Hell, he WAS Mario, just with a different set of cloths.

Mewtwo: LUCARIO. IS. NOT. A. CLONE. Just hearing the absurd accusations of Lucario being a rip-off makes me wish that Mewtwo was never in Melee. Also, he did not replace Lucario. Mewtwo was CUT, not replaced. He was already partially programmed into the game. He was likely removed due to time constraints.

Pichu: An inferior version of Pikachu.

Roy: Another useless clone.

Sonic: Fanboys. Need I say more?

Also, I find some of the answers to be quite ironic. There was a huge demand for Olimar, and a decent demand for Lucario in Brawl, and yet they're a popular choice in this thread.
-yeah, Doc was cool(except for his crap recovery) and I do agree he wasn't necessary, but maybe ha can come back as an alt outfit(kind of like Wario's)

-someone should make a "LEAVE LUCARIO ALONE" Youtube vid

-that inferior clone went on to become the superior Pikachu in Brawl

-a walking promotional ad, actually.

-nope,it wasn't Sonic fanboys that got Sonic in- it was old school gamers from the 90s(like myself) who wanted to see a game with Mario and Sonic beating the **** out of each other.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
-yeah, Doc was cool(except for his crap recovery) and I do agree he wasn't necessary, but maybe ha can come back as an alt outfit(kind of like Wario's)
I was actually surprised when I found out that Mario didn't have a Dr. Mario alt. costume. Hopefully he will in the next smash because I loved playing as the Doc in Melee.

-nope,it wasn't Sonic fanboys that got Sonic in- it was old school gamers from the 90s(like myself) who wanted to see a game with Mario and Sonic beating the **** out of each other.
I know that's why I wanted Sonic in. Even though he sucks it's nice to have him in because I can finally get to see Mario and Sonic beat the **** outta each other lol

Top Bottom