• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/21/08 MELEE-FC QUEST: South Bend, IN Replacing the Ohio Circuit Event!

Izmo

Smash Cadet
Astute observations from Koopa King Squared!

I don't have character info, so I'll fill it out as best as I remember. No disrespect meant if I got your character wrong, and don't be reticent to speak up if I have it wrong!

Here we go

Singles:

1. Overswarm (R.O.B.)
2. KishSquared (Bowser)
3. Joshu (King Dedede)

4. Tink (Wario)
5. Kel (MetaKnight)
5. Iggy (MetaKnight)
7. Blood Hawk (Lucario)
7. KirkQ (R.O.B.)
9. Scarecrow (MetaKnight)
9. Dr. X (Pit)
9. KishPrime (Wolf)
9. Quivo (Toon Link)
13. RDK (Kirby)
13. Smash64 (Ness)
13. Infern (Ike)
13. Reside (Donkey Kong)
17. Paradigm (Samus)
17. Izmo (MetaKnight)
17. Nano (Pit)
17. KyAG (Wolf)
17. Steak (Pit)
17. Jay (R.O.B.)

Doubles:

1. Overswarm + Joshu (R.O.B. and King Dedede)
2. Iggy + Blood Hawk (MetaKnight + Snake)
3. Smash 64 + Infern (Ness + Ike)

4. Tink + KirkQ (Wario + ???)
5. KishPrime + KishSquared (??? + Bowser)
5. Dr. X + Quivo (Pit + ???)
7. Scarecrow + Izmo (MetaKnight + MetaKnight)
7. Jay + KyAG (R.O.B. + Wolf)
9. Trevor + The Blue Blade (R.O.B. + Lucario?)
9. Paradigm + Reside (Samus + Donkey Kong)

If anyone here wants me to put this through TIO to submit to All Is Brawl, let me know and I can get that done tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's patience towards me and getting this list up! The Kishes ran this tourney (much thanks for that! I wasn't going to be able to go to the Ohio one :D), so I'll let one of them have the honor of posting a results thread.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Thanks Izmo! Steak played Pit, I believe.

EDIT: I'll leave the Tio thing up to you. I think it would be fun to do if you have the time/desire. Also, I'll post a results thread :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
vids will be up on youtube.com/overswarm later today... subscribe!

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
A bowser got 2nd? (No offense to kish, not trash talking at all =p) But people cannot let this happen again! From now on everytime someone is playing a bowser just go d3 and infinite them, bowser doesn't deserve to be in the top 3 EVER =/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Someone close this thread and delete this post so infern's is the last post in this thread.

GOLD.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Whenever I play Bowser, I think people just underestimate him and not space. I usually punish bad spacing with fortress or tilts...

Anyway, this tournament was fun. I wish I would've done better though : (

I lost to two Metaknights... one of which I almost one a set from. Oh well. I need an MK counter! Good **** Iggy and Kel

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
I don't wanna say I'm pissed, but... I just can't believe I missed this. No-one called or notified me of something like this, but I guess it's just my own fault for not checking the Regional Zones every day.

Hopefully there will be something before the end of July for me and my crew to sink our teeth into...........?

Izmo

Smash Cadet
I don't wanna say I'm pissed, but... I just can't believe I missed this. No-one called or notified me of something like this, but I guess it's just my own fault for not checking the Regional Zones every day.

Hopefully there will be something before the end of July for me and my crew to sink our teeth into...........?
I tried getting ahold of Jekyll, believing that he knows you guys and you'd all have a chance to get up to the 'Bend, but I failed in establishing contact. :(

RDK

Smash Hero
Shoutouts coming soon.

And yes, I'm a loser for not posting shoutouts sooner. XD

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I dunno, two people hitting B at the exact same nano-second seems pretty unrealistic. I think X was just 4 frames faster or something.
The game doesn't react in nanoseconds... more like 1/60th of a second, around 16.7 million nanoseconds.

Still not very likely, but crazier things have happened...

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
While possible, our strategy was to lure them into a false sense of security, then have BH sweep them.

voorhese

Smash Master
god ****it,wtf was this, i see this 6 days later ****, was this melee or brawl anyways, im looking for melee players, i just started about 6 months ago, and i didnt have all the melee-fc amazing fun, im not ready to go to brawl, i want more!

KishSquared

Smash Master
This wasn't a full-fledged FC tournament. This was just a local event that was created 22 hours in advance due to the cancellation of a major tournament in Cleveland. It was simply a replacement tournament for those who had planned to go to Cleveland, and unfortunately there were a lot of people that didn't hear about it as a result.

And it was all Brawl. It's tough finding Melee tournaments anymore. Unless you're willing to travel a great distance, I would pick up Brawl.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
This wasn't a full-fledged FC tournament. This was just a local event that was created 22 hours in advance due to the cancellation of a major tournament in Cleveland. It was simply a replacement tournament for those who had planned to go to Cleveland, and unfortunately there were a lot of people that didn't hear about it as a result.

And it was all Brawl. It's tough finding Melee tournaments anymore. Unless you're willing to travel a great distance, I would pick up Brawl.
I know, but I wasn't able to get myself to the location of the former tournament (which was on the northeast tip of OHIO) but I could have made this one. -.-

Top Bottom