• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Idk how you train someone to do something they had been doing for years before you even joined the brawl community <_<. If you're referring to the use of T.O. Ryan is a very capable and smart individual who would have and honestly did figure out the use of the program himself.

Also you keep saying that you told A&C about us and etc...but as I told you guys about the tournaments they were having (we were told by Idea). I told the Melee community after attending one of the brawl monthlies they had with you. They were talking about the venue already by the first time we went there for a Melee tournament...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12662464&postcount=5825 just sayin.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
No more brawl? oh well, I was looking forward to see if I would be able to constantly switch between the two games and still be able to play consistently.

I guess it's time to EV Train my Mewtwo :p

idea

Smash Master
edit: bittersweet result

Idk how you train someone to do something they had been doing for years before you even joined the brawl community <_<. If you're referring to the use of T.O. Ryan is a very capable and smart individual who would have and honestly did figure out the use of the program himself.

Also you keep saying that you told A&C about us and etc...but as I told you guys about the tournaments they were having (we were told by Idea). I told the Melee community after attending one of the brawl monthlies they had with you. They were talking about the venue already by the first time we went there for a Melee tournament...

i don't even remember telling you guys about A&C tournaments but that's totally something I would do :) lol oh yeahhh, it's coming back to me...i found out about them through youtube, before they even had A&C world. i was just subscribed to the A&C youtube channel and one day my video feed said "smash bros melee tournament grand finals" from there.

haha, don't think i ever mentioned this part, but (anyone old enough to remember) guess who won the first one or two A&C melee tournaments? nate/runawayfire. you can go find the videos or results even now.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

The whole point of it was I've put in effort for the Melee community. It's not about whether or not It would have happened without me. Like I said, you guys don't owe me anything, i just put in effort in ways x, y, z to show I care.

And what I meant about telling A&C about ya'll was that your tournaments could be more than just gift card tournaments. I got Ryan to make a thread, and say that I would help him every way I can to get consistent monthlies going on. Also, TOing is more than just using a program lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's not an insult.

I don't really care about Brawl being gone or not. I'm just kind of miffed that there was an unused A&C day and neither party bothered to use it. Communication and scheduling errors abound!

I am gonna miss not seeing Hamilton, but if Nick decides to come then that will be a fair trade.

<3 Nick

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
to be fair our last tournament was 2 weeks ago and we had enough **** last year about them being too close together

but eh i can agree this was for the best :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Had we known about this a few weeks earlier, we might have been able to switch dates or something. I still blame communication.

I'm glad there aren't many hurt feelings and that you guys are being so understanding about the circumstances and Ryan's decision. But I still think it was a bit of a waste. IMPULSE is coming up... gotta start clocking in those hours.

May is a bit of weird month anyway, though. AN and such.

Bing

Smash Master
I... I can't tell if this is an insult or not @.@
N
He's saying that because you're at,a low enough level in terms of skill required to perform at your top level, aka best of your ability, it shouldn't be an issue.(I think this is what,he means :-S)

I generally don't have an issue with it. Helps that you main,mewtwo and not a spacie

:phone:

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
I'd wager it's more about tech skill and habit when playing both games/not knowing enough about one game or the other.

For me the problem with switching comes from acting off of things I know are in Melee but aren't in brawl (I also know this -sometimes- but it doesn't matter cause it's habit). It's pretty easy to play hit the moving thing in both games without much thought involved.

idea

Smash Master
apparently this guy ^ probably isn't going soo...tect, wanna team if you're not teaming with anyone yet?

or camilo if david isn't...? i dunno who's free :p

weon - X

Smash Ace
i didnt really mind this whole idea. I wasnt expecting the most amazing tournament bcs of the little space but it was a good chance to hang out with the brawl community since i love the hammer.

but then i found out about the day no one used at a&c (cinco de mayo) and it seemed weird cus i heard that there were no other days available lol....

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Is Bernard finally gonna come to one of these again? Also glad no Brawl will be at this, spacing and venue smellyness is meh but really - We have to stop encouraging people who play that game to leave their houses and socialize with others. Based on their decision to play that game "competitively" they should be ostracized and isolated so they don't ever breed. **** Brawl

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
At the level he's at, a lot of the strategies he's using are probably mostly umbrella strategies that he's applying to both games. Shield grab. Jump back and aerial (okay, probably not with Mewtwo, but you get the idea). And so forth.

Which, honestly, isn't hard to switch back and forth between. And it's similarly not hard to play to the average (or peak, or whatever) of low level. Because it's, well, low.

It is not my intention to insult people. I'm simply stating that it's easier to switch when your gameplan is simple than when your gameplan is very complicated, elegant, sophisticated, etc.

Ministry

Smash Ace
I guess im coming now. Im glad a solution was met, much thanks to ryan and tin. In return il bring my game cube, copy of smash and memory card and intend on going back to Ottawa without it, since i wont use it anymore and you guys will get more use. if u guys wanna do a draw or fundraiser or something for the stuff that's fine. il give it to david or ryan to figure out.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I'm tired off the crap in the thread plus brawl players seem to be complaining too for a gracious favor.

I'm just gonna drop brawl.

Sorry guys.

I just wanted to help people that seemed to be in need of it, while it was within my ability to do so (basically without majorly hindering the melee tourney).

edit: Jack, I don't even want to begin picking parts at where you're wrong, and also that I don't care about what you think
ty. If it was any other venue, I really would'nt have minded @ all for both events. <3 you guys. But this is just...too much :088: for one day.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Is Bernard finally gonna come to one of these again? Also glad no Brawl will be at this, spacing and venue smellyness is meh but really - We have to stop encouraging people who play that game to leave their houses and socialize with others. Based on their decision to play that game "competitively" they should be ostracized and isolated so they don't ever breed. **** Brawl
ugh i know, people who play a game that i dont personally like should all just die in some extremely brutal and/or grotesque way, how dare they have different tastes than me

(im looking at you umvc3 players)

Mprime

Smash Ace
ugh i know, people who play a game that i dont personally like should all just die in some extremely brutal and/or grotesque way, how dare they have different tastes than me

I agree bro. Anyone who doesn't play the games I enjoy are straight up pieces of ****. Why can't they understand that I am right and they are wrong. It's ****ing common sense, right?

Also won't be able to attend because of work. Was really lookn forward to a melee tourney since i've been practicing melee so much lately.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman

lol I read this with your voice...your sarcasm is toooo gooood

Also: If I get my tax return within the next few weeks I'll think about going...return of the black people tournament is too good to pass up. Needs more Charles + RaynEX + PeterX

unknown522

Some guy
nah, Bernard's not going. He's going to a KoFXIII tourney on the same day, which has Americans coming.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
he said he was coming and implied he had a teammate and didn't specify who so i think he has someone else.

also since james is coming i think you guys would be teaming. i'm fine without dubs

idea

Smash Master
he said he was coming and implied he had a teammate and didn't specify who so i think he has someone else.

also since james is coming i think you guys would be teaming. i'm fine without dubs
well he said he wasn't coming and suggested i find another teammate :p sooo...yes or no?

P.S. jigglypuff is very good in teams :bee:

idea

Smash Master
josh i'll team with you if jack doesn't want to, but he asked first so i wanna check with him

that'd be cool though, the throwback team :p

Top Bottom