• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
But tourney is part of that "everything" category.

Also yeah, a lot is tourney-related son
well, i only complain about how the days never land on my day offs xD and that parking is lame lol

they aren't directly tourney related like how you brought up complaining after i mentioned rulings >_> i don't complain that much lol

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
well, i only complain about how the days never land on my day offs xD and that parking is lame lol

they aren't directly tourney related like how you brought up complaining after i mentioned rulings >_> i don't complain that much lol
lol sounds to me like now you're complaining about complaining

jk I'm just trollin :troll:

Sanu

Smash Champion
He's not the only one complaining about $1 water. It's bull****

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Where, prithee, is this socalled free water you speak of? Unless you mean asking people at Tim hortons pretty please for tap water.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Provided my money situation works out I'll be coming to this and hopefully bribing Bing and some other Niagara players to come out too.

Who else is feeling a huge Ontario revival about to happen?

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
Both of those problems seem easily fixable.

If you ever decide to try a P:M side event in the future I might be able to bring a setup for it.
If you could get like 3 setups for it you'd be able to run a brackets-only tourney pretty easily. But doesn't the public demo version of the game only have a limited amount of characters?

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
If you could get like 3 setups for it you'd be able to run a brackets-only tourney pretty easily. But doesn't the public demo version of the game only have a limited amount of characters?
Kirby, ICs, Samus, Yoshi, Metaknight and Olimar have not been released yet.

I'd like to see your math on the 3 setups thing, but I kinda agree with you because some people probably won't enter it lmao

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
if someone wants to run it i can bring a PM setup.
That's awesome.

I could theoretically run it, but idk if anyone would be comfortable with a complete newbie running it lmao.

Anyone else wanna step up to the plate? I could help out but don't think it's a good idea for me to run anything all by myself.

idea

Smash Master
tournaments are pretty easy to run, especially small ones, and you could always ask people there for help. basically just make sure you keep track of everyone's money :p should be easy there too since a PM tourney would be like $2 entry or something.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
That's awesome.

I could theoretically run it, but idk if anyone would be comfortable with a complete newbie running it lmao.

Anyone else wanna step up to the plate? I could help out but don't think it's a good idea for me to run anything all by myself.
If you really don't wanna run it yourself then I could do it. But I don't have a PM setup so don't rely on me for that. I could also bring a recording setup for PM if anyone cares for it.

Sanu

Smash Champion
3 pm setups? We need those TVs for melee. I'd say 1 at most.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I guess I'd enter PM. Still seems very brawlish. Yoshi's DJC is still awful from what I see too so I don't care about it that much.

2 setups might be ok for later in the tournament. We always have free TVs by then.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Can you press buttons in tio? Congrats, you can run a tournament. Be the hero GTA melee deserves but not the one it needs.
Lmao, I'm sure there's more to running a tournament than pressing buttons in tio...

tournaments are pretty easy to run, especially small ones, and you could always ask people there for help. basically just make sure you keep track of everyone's money :p should be easy there too since a PM tourney would be like $2 entry or something.
...Such as keeping track of money! I'm not sure I would even trust myself with keeping track of money lmao. That's something I would like to have help with.

If you really don't wanna run it yourself then I could do it. But I don't have a PM setup so don't rely on me for that. I could also bring a recording setup for PM if anyone cares for it.
I could run the tournament stuff as long as someone shows me exactly how tio works, I'm sure it's very simple and shouldn't take long :). If you could help that would be great, it would definitely make me less nervous. Especially with regards to keeping track of money.

And bringing a recording setup is a brilliant idea! If we do end up doing this it would be great for you to bring a recording setup.

I guess I'd enter PM. Still seems very brawlish. Yoshi's DJC is still awful from what I see too so I don't care about it that much.

2 setups might be ok for later in the tournament. We always have free TVs by then.
Yoshi hasn't been released for PM yet, so you dont have to worry about him. The "still seems Brawlish" part is probably because of the graphics lmao, when I'm playing the high tier Melee vets it definitely feels like Melee to me ;) Though I do agree that when I'm playing Brawl newcomers or Melee vets that were significantly changed I do start playing a lot more defensive like in Brawl.

2 or 3 setups would probably be enough, since I don't see as many people entering PM as would enter Melee.

TVs shouldn't be an issue, I'm sure A&C has plenty more than what we use at tournaments currently.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
3 pm setups? We need those TVs for melee. I'd say 1 at most.

This. Where are these extra tv's people are talking about? Half the time I bring a set up to a tournament there are no tvs available to even use it. Would rather have enough tv's for melee tbh but that's just me

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well 2 would be enough for 8 or 16 man capped bracket and side events Gould take place after singles if there's time IMO. If there isn't time than maybe just have 1 set up for pm friendlies and work on getting people interested.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
Well

Lately there's hardly been (or hasn't been) enough time to even finish the tourney on time. I know it won't be like that next time but its worth mentioning IMO. I love pm but if its gonna take tourney set ups and cause people to loaft on their melee bracket games I think its waste. I think if you really wanna do it though at the very least people should bring their own crts so melee still has more than enough set ups

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Or try free entry brackets the first time so no one gets pissed if you have to end and test how a PM side event would work...then again people might not be motivated to quit out a friendly match for what is essentially PM friendly.

Bing

Smash Master
Or try free entry brackets the first time so no one gets pissed if you have to end and test how a PM side event would work...then again people might not be motivated to quit out a friendly match for what is essentially PM friendly.

People probably wouldnt enter that because theres nothing at stake. Its just a friendly.

Top Bottom