• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

KeepinItFresh

Smash Cadet
Wait, are you going to be there Phampy? I want to play a Jigglypuff!

(Well, I'm actually roommates with G on the jiggly forums but I wanted to play you in order to compare your play styles!)

Snap, sorry about double post.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
lol, the way G makes it sound, he sounds like he's way better than me. You have to remember I have no experience with people IRL with smash and this is my first competitive attempt at smash. I've only played online so far and though I seem to win most of them, it's probably cause my opponents suck or something. If my friends decide to leave karaoke early and we don't do anything after and it's not too late, I might drop by since I'm around the area that day. I think I'm no more than a mile or two away that day. 33 E. Valley Blvd is where I should be that day <_<

KeepinItFresh

Smash Cadet
Please please come by. We actually don't have any tourney experience (G and I) although we are looking to change that this summer. This is going to be my first competitive experience as well so I am very much looking forward to this in order to see how I stack up to the competitive scene at large.

I sound like a stupid pleading n00b. Har.

iankobe

Smash Lord
lol, the way G makes it sound, he sounds like he's way better than me. You have to remember I have no experience with people IRL with smash and this is my first competitive attempt at smash. I've only played online so far and though I seem to win most of them, it's probably cause my opponents suck or something. If my friends decide to leave karaoke early and we don't do anything after and it's not too late, I might drop by since I'm around the area that day. I think I'm no more than a mile or two away that day. 33 E. Valley Blvd is where I should be that day <_<
Omg. Just come afterwards. What time are you gonna go?

Keepingitfresh: Yes, please bring a TV if its not such a hassle for you.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Well I found out we're going from 2 to 5 but I'm not sure if they're doing anything after. If they don't, I'll walk over or something or see if one of them wants to give me a ride. I'll probably need a ride back home though. Any way I can contact you guys if I go?

Edit: Oh and mind if I use someone's controller? I don't want to carry mine around on the chance that I'll go <_<

HaPPyTheCoW

Smash Apprentice
hey ian you're not online right now so i'll just leave a message here, since im going to sleep right after. im going to be late tomorrow because my driving instructor called suddenly and told me i have a driving test tomorrow at 2:00pm. i dont know how long those take so just telling you. hehe, im kind of nervous.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Okay. Betty.

Phampy: Are you sure you can't get your own ride here? I'm not sure if anyone can come and pick you up and drop you home since everyone will be busy playing.

P.s. Can anyone bring their Wii also?

p.p.s Harry? Can you bring yours? Or Dennis'?

KeepinItFresh

Smash Cadet
I'll bring my Wii too. It's not a problem.

Iankobe, could you PM me your number in case I get lost, maimed, or need encouragement?

BVA

Smash Apprentice
Fun day. Horray for 1 dollar tournament matches :)

Second time = Must.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Darn, sucks I couldn't make it. I kicked it at Starbucks for 2 hours cause the place opened at 4 and stayed there till 9 <_<

BVA

Smash Apprentice
Oh really? Dang. I didn't know. I thought you guys were just going to play friendlies till like later and i was getting really hungry. I would've went to go eat with you guys if someone had said anything sooner :(

iankobe

Smash Lord
Oh really? Dang. I didn't know. I thought you guys were just going to play friendlies till like later and i was getting really hungry. I would've went to go eat with you guys if someone had said anything sooner :(
OMG.

You missed out!!! You should always stay til the whole thing is over HARRY!

BVA

Smash Apprentice
The only tournament thats coming up soon in 626 is Elac...

Anyone know any other tournaments that are coming up this week or planned for the future?

*crosses finger for smash fest @ Gary's house again :)

iankobe

Smash Lord
The only tournament thats coming up soon in 626 is Elac...

Anyone know any other tournaments that are coming up this week or planned for the future?

*crosses finger for smash fest @ Gary's house again :)
Well.

It depends. I might have another tourney sometime in July. But Smashfest for sure!

Don't worry. We'll have tourneys soon enough. And since you're gonna take over Smashizzle for me, we can host tourneys at AHS too.

You gotta be dedicated and disciplined to the club too btw. It's a lot of work.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
So smashfest again next week or some other time?

lol ian I barely got to play your pikachu =/ ahah I know how to beat marth but I just don't have the patience in friendlies o.o sooo much spacing games x.x

BVA

Smash Apprentice
Well.

It depends. I might have another tourney sometime in July. But Smashfest for sure!

Don't worry. We'll have tourneys soon enough. And since you're gonna take over Smashizzle for me, we can host tourneys at AHS too.

You gotta be dedicated and disciplined to the club too btw. It's a lot of work.
I`ll definitely be dedicated to Smashizzle.

Anything I need to do before I officially take over Smashizzle? Paperwork? Nada? Or is it just a "leadership" concept?

The idea of hosting tourneys at AHS sounds awesome!

Smashfests often + Tournament in July. Sounds good!

@TWK: Nice playing you for the first time. You're kirby was so unexpected. Rematch is a must! :p

BVA

Smash Apprentice
uh..If we do have a smashfest can it be the day before Elac tourney.

Like on friday since i have summer school :ohwell:

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
hmm if it could be on another day it would be better as then i wouldnt be able to hang out with my cerritos smash buddies lol...

but i havent played you guys as much as them so id probably end up going anyways on friday since thats probably a better day for most of you

iankobe

Smash Lord
Hmm.. A lot of conflicts going on.

BVA has summer school, and Micky can't make it this Friday.

SO...... vote for it. Thursday, or Friday.

BVA

Smash Apprentice
Well Friday I have no school so I'd prefer Friday.

But I guess I could go on Thursday if its after 1.

Summer school ends at 1 .

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
I can come either thursday or friday, so whichever you guys prefer, though thursday would be better cause then I could go to your smashfest and another one on friday lol

Same place as last time?

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I would like Thursday but it seems too short notice? I'll check back on this and see what day you guys decide on. I can go whichever day, it just depends on if I have a ride or not lol.

Top Bottom