• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i checked the back of the big tv and i saw two columns, one saying "output" and another saying "to computer" (or to monitor, or something like that). each column has a video and two audio jacks. i think thats good news!

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Omg I love it too, and I learned not to laser as much, still need to work on that haha

and also utilizing more B throws, I've been doin them on marth more but peach it's pretty good too

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
awesome

so sung your falco $5 and baka your peach $5 (obviously lol)

and sung 1$ random wackiness

when are you guys free or did you want to do it next smashfest?
either way i am training so hard

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so I guess I'm better than DoH then, huh? :troll: :awesome:

alfredo what are you training for? also mms arent the only way to train, just makin sure.

Also LOL at getting kirby twice in a row

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
training to beat you guys in a money match

and training in general to get better
(also yes i know mms aren't the only way to train)

it finally hit me how good johnny's MMing people is/was
sure you can play seriouslies but it's not the same with money on the line (unless you really don't care)
he was determined to be good (from what i can tell) and i deeply admire that about him
i may not be able to go to tournaments for a while but damned if i'm not going to get some serious matches
i've just realized i want to get good, and i haven't been doing anything about it, and i've just been lazy
this is all just a small fraction of the bigger picture...so i need to do this

my goal is to be my best and i can't be stopped

shoutouts to:
johnny
mango

baka4moé

Smash Champion
oh? johnny used to mm people all the time? do tell!

that is good to hear my friend, i love it when people want to get better at this game. i certainly hope you stick with it :). to be sure, me and sung can give you advice, and we can record matches to help identify things more easily. also, i think the biggest part is for you to just buckle down and focus real hard when we play, cause seriouslies is a good way to learn imo.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
yeah from what i remember he used to go to tournaments and even travel to people's places to money match (as well as smash for a while, duh lol)

i'm gonna be focusing on edgeWORK (needs work*) and no falling aerials, and tech skill in general

i do try to focus hard but sometimes i overdo it and it's absolutely exhausting
sometimes i get carried away having fun too...lol
but yeah i alway try to aim for seriouslies
my biggest worry is that people may get tired of playing me but i don't really get tired of playing anyone

*HAH

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so

if i finish my work today relatively early we can play tonight if you're down. you too alfredo, since u want to practice :). i'll let you know later tonight, but to clarify i probably wont be available until at least 8ish.

my address is 150 S. Chester Ave. Pasadena CA. Keep this address in mind since that's normally where we play. inty pm me ur phone number or something and ill respond with mine so we can contact each other.

WHA?

Smash Ace
I'm down. We should also do Dan's patented one stock one dollar random char money match.
hahaha hilarious stuff
sung got a taste of how kirby does it old skool (smash64)

yay u got ur guy's address ima plan my route,, but id prefer early in day although u guys are nocturnal

also damn sung was sunday opposite day???
hilarious

n yea alfredo, old skool ppl MM, n theyre sooo good (for best results u gotta say DOUBLE OR NOTHIN)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
maaaaaan, even if martin beat me again in a mm, i am no longer salty.

it's weird, money matches and tournament matches are very different to me

that said, your win against me in that seriously set is still legit, so ggs. also martin i can't get enough of your avatar LOL

thx

Smash Ace
I am in LA visiting my bro but i would love to play smash with some of the people here. Im from NY and i havent played for a while but if anyone is down let me know.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
inty im ok from 8 to 1130, but jus lettin u know itll most likely b jus me, maybe liferuiner too, so yeah...most smashfests tend to b on fridays or saturdays fyi, hence the low attendance..

:phone:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so can u text me when ur here and/or what time u plan to arrive? also where do you live, out of curiosity? are u in pasadena?

I am in LA visiting my bro but i would love to play smash with some of the people here. Im from NY and i havent played for a while but if anyone is down let me know.
thx, where exactly are you staying? you are welcome to join when i host smashfests if ur willing to make the drive. also how long are u here for?

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
I live on Oxford Rd in San Marino, 3 houses down from the east entrance of the Huntington Gardens. And I'll be here till August 22nd, when I have Freshman Orientation for college.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
well doesn't look like i'm leaving at 9 either
so doesn't look like this is happening today
sorry to let you down, daniel

:troll:

and yes martin i will money match you

also LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL daniel was SO salty

thx

Smash Ace
so can u text me when ur here and/or what time u plan to arrive? also where do you live, out of curiosity? are u in pasadena?

thx, where exactly are you staying? you are welcome to join when i host smashfests if ur willing to make the drive. also how long are u here for?
im staying in LA till the 9th. I live right around venice. Whats your address i can google maps and drive out. if you want my aim pm me.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
damn it alfredo i wanted my...i mean i wanted to train you!

thx i live on 150 S. Chester Ave. Pasadena CA. Let me know if you're willing to make the drive, as from what i understand venice is pretty far isn't it? just keep looking on this thread as i'll post when i can have people over.

no problem evan, glad you could come. biggest things i noticed are to work on recovery, both off stage and when on the ledge, and edge guarding....so yeah, edge game in general. other than that, i was impressed with how much you knew for someone whos never played "fast melee" (lol) before, that just comes with practice and getting used to it i guess.

thx

Smash Ace
I live about 30 mins away driving and almost 2 hours by bus D: maybe I'll have my bro drive me there for a day and take the bus back or something. I'm dying to smash lol

:phone:

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
FYI, Venice to Pasadena will almost certainly take more than a half hour (more like a full hour). LA traffic is not forgiving.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so this is VERY tentative, but i may be able to play for a FEW hours tomorrow afternoon or evening, one or the other. dunno yet, so this is probably only an invitation to alfredo and inty, since they're sorta close and/or want to mm me and its super short notice and unsure lol...:)

Top Bottom