• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U 64 Pika v Melee Fox v Brawl MK v Bayonetta: Who would win?

64 Pika, Melee Fox, Bayonetta, or Brawl MK: Who would win in an all out brawl?

• 64 Pika

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Melee Fox

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Brawl MK

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

TheQuickT

Smash Rookie
Having this discussion with friends, and wanted to know everyone opinions on the topic, if we got the best 4 characters from each game, who would win?

Fazesupernappa

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HONC#140
I think that if they keep their mechanics, I think 64 pikachu would win. While he would die quickly to strong hits, if he gets a single hit, it is pretty much a confirmed kill. Plus his recovery is insane and his edge guarding is extremely good. Fox would do really well as well, his movement options would allow him to out maneuver any character on the ground, therefore flat out beating pretty much everybody on the ground, however if he got hit in the air he wouldn't be able to do much about it.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
brawl mk

he has a transcendent disjointed frame 2 faf 13 up air that combos into itself at low percents, and it's one of the less ridiculous parts of his kit

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Okay so it would have to be round robin. And we'd have to assume the characters have their mechanics from their game.

I think Pikachu definitely gets last, losing to the other three. His hitstun is going to be so much greater than every other character that he will be combo food for all of them. Also the three other characters could definitely just shield lock Pikachu and kill off that. Also, the whole thing about Pikachu is his combos. But I don't really think he could combo any of the characters except maybe fox. But even then fox would be against basically a slower melee Pikachu with marginally better combos (honestly I'm not even sure the combos would be better). So Pikachu is a definite last in my mind.

Next comes fox. Let's talk first about fox vs meta knight. Fox has a significantly worse recovery than meta knight, opening him up to gimps. Also meta knight's recovery is so good that it makes him somewhat immune to shine spikes, like puff in melee. Meta knight does die relatively early though. And fox would have up smash and up throw up air to kill meta knight (up throw up air feels like it would work on meta knight's weight and we can see in PM it works so it would probably work on brawl meta knight too). Those are two very solid kill options. Meta knight also wouldn't have a ton off of grabs and I can see him having a hard time setting up killer aerial combos against fox. Mostly you'd see short strings which is also what fox would have. Meta knight has almost entirely transcendent hit boxes and this is especially good against fox I think since one little hit can set up for a significant punish. Also meta knight has brawl shield stun on his side. This means fox's signature shield pressure is going to be a lot less effective. Also I don't think meta knight is a weight where fox is going to get much off of shine. I feel like he'd just be knocked over. We need to take into account though that fox has superior melee movement on his side and a melee ledge game which is definitely intimidating. Fox will be able to quickly cross up meta knight in a way no brawl character could do. Also even though meta knight's down air is super good to spam in the air, I feel like it would lose to fox's up air which means meta knight will be forced to play mostly a horizontal ground game which is what fox wants. Meta knight would be decently exposed to lasers. Also fox has melee crouch cancel. This is probably really freaking good against meta knight. And meta knight doesn't have melee crouch cancel which means nair and jab are going to be significantly buffed. Honestly it's too close to call. I don't really know who would win so I'm going to say it's a fifty fifty. It's definitely the hardest of the matchups to call.

Fox vs bayonetta. I think bayonetta wins this. Unlike meta knight, I feel like bread and butter bayo combos would work on fox. Melee fox falls only marginally faster than smash 4 fox honestly and the combos work really well on him. Like fox meta knight, I think fox would be very, very vulnerable to gimps and getting carried off the side. Also unlike smash 4 fox who can side b and then up b, melee fox wouldn't have the horizontal recovery to get back. Bayonetta has smash 4 shield stun and a crazy up b on her side that would invalidate fox's shield pressure in a way meta knight can't. Also I think the bat within would get her out of a lot of fox pseudo combos. Finally, I think witch time would be really devastating for fox. If he gets hit with it he's probably just dead. Fox does have a few things going for him though. Bayonetta seems to be the right weight and traction to get wave shined which is definitely a huge buff for fox. Also, again, fox has melee movement which is another huge buff. He's going to be able to dash dance right outside of bayonetta's range and whiff punish. It's really hard to say who would win but I'm going to give it to bayo.

Bayonetta vs Meta Knight. This one is really tricky : / And I'm getting tired of writing. Honestly who knows lol

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
I don't think Bayo's combos work properly in Melee's physics, combined with Melee Fox falling like an anvil...

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 fox doesn't really fall that much slower

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Meta Knight is going to win. When people say that Melee Fox is going to win, I laugh. Why? Because Brawl MK has longer range than Melee Marth and on top of that, transcendant hitboxes that are also disjointed. Meta Knight could air camp the hell out of Fox with Dair and Mach Tornado alone would be very annoying for Melee Fox to deal with. Remember, everything except for Dash Attack and Glide Attack. Mew2King said that Brawl Meta Knight is the only Brawl character that feels like a Melee character, and proceeded to call MK "crazy good", and he never said that for Fox in Melee.

Pikachu 64 is very underrated. He could easily beat Bayonetta and Melee Fox. We already know that Pikachu either goes even or beats Bayonetta in Smash 4, and Smash 64 Pikachu is basically a hyperbuffed Smash 4 Pikachu. As for Fox, in Smash 64, Pikachu can chainthrow Smash 64 Fox to over 50%, and with Melee physics affecting Melee Fox the way they do, Smash 64 Pikachu could probably chainthrow Fox to even higher percentages. Pikachu also can edgeguard and ledge camp better than any other Smash character other than Brawl Meta Knight. Smash 64 Pikachu, by this manner, could ledge camp Fox.

Fox himself is the wild card. Melee Fox is incredibly good, but he does have a few problems. Both Bayonetta and Pikachu could very easily kill him, but Fox himself could also kill them at very early percents. Of these, he probably does best against Meta Knight, the one character who isn't combo oriented, but would go even with MK. Bayonetta would lose slightly to Melee Fox, as he nullifies her camping abilities and autocancel lasers force her to play offensive, but the matchup would be manageable due to Witch Time and her Bayo combos. Pre-Patch Bayonetta would win this matchup though. Overall, Fox would on average go even with these characters.

Lastly is Bayonetta. She would do best against Meta Knight, but they would still go even, due to MK's transcendant priority. SHe would lose to both Melee Fox and Pikachu.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You would need to specify which game engine and such they were operating on and of so how they would be able to have the characters interact easily.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
You would need to specify which game engine and such they were operating on and of so how they would be able to have the characters interact easily.
True, I assumed each character was operating by their own mechanics, except in Pikachu's case, where I used Melee movement options mixed with Smash 4 gravity.

Top Bottom