• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/03/10 - Melee at Sworddancers Round 2!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Ok, time for round 2. . .

Introduction

About two months ago I threw my first house tourny but, unfortunately, not enough people showed up so it ended up being more of a smashfest then a tourny. So I decided that it was about time for me to have a second go at it, and well, here it is. :laugh:

Date

July 3, 2010

Doors open at 12, and we'll be starting at 2 if all goes according to plan.

Price

Singles: $5 per person
Doubles: $5 per person ($10 per team)
No door fee.

Payouts: 60/30/10

Rules

4 stock
8-minute time limit
Items set to "None"
Best 2 out of 3 games. Best 3 out of 5 games for winners, losers, and grand finals.
Double Elimination Bracket

Stages

Neutral:

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Corneria
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

everything else

This tournament will be at my house. The address is:

9034 Palos Verde Dr.
32825 Orlando, Fl

My phone is 321-230-2739.

Setups

PLEASE BRING SET UPS!!! I 3 tvs that we can play on but only one system. So it would be great if someone could bring a cube/wii and Melee with them, tv not required but would still be helpful. It's necessary to help this tourny run smoothly! So do it!

Attendence

1. Sworddancer
2. Vijin
3. Eikelmann
4. Kuya
5. Garbanzo
6. Dark Sonic
7. AceDudeYeah
8. plup
9. Kou
10. AngryLobster
11. Action B
12. HariettheGuy
13. Linguini

Set Ups

If you can bring anything, be it a cube/wii and/or tv then post it and I'll count it as a set up. Cubes/wiis and Melee discs are the most needed though!!

1. Sworddancer
2. AceDudeYeah
3. Dark Sonic
4. Dark Sonic WITH PROJECT FREAKING M!!!!
5. Action B

Alright, so lets see if I can get a good attendance for round 2! I want to have around 20 people show up, if not more. If not enough people show, though, then we're just have a smashfest.

Vijin

Smash Ace
I'd be down Ian, depends on if my bro or my fiance come with me to this. If I come alone then yeah I'll be down to team (assuming I can make it)

#HBC | Dancer

Queen, I just found out soon after that that I've been mispronouncing it. T_T

It's spelled Attronics, NO S!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Also rx if you like this then you should come!

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
OK WTF Central Florida is ********... There are 3 tourneys in July now IN CENTRAL FL alone (there were ZERO about 2 weeks ago until I mentioned it to Skrach who decided that a nice turnout could occur for Noob 3).

And the 2 others have more time in advance and better venues. You're just hurting the turnout for the other events and your own. Do some more research before scheduling...

Maybe the small fees will be a nice warm up or something. Idk...

#HBC | Dancer

OK WTF Central Florida is ********... There are 3 tourneys in July now IN CENTRAL FL alone (there were ZERO about 2 weeks ago until I mentioned it to Skrach who decided that a nice turnout could occur for Noob 3).

And the 2 others have more time in advance and better venues. You're just hurting the turnout for the other events and your own. Do some more research before scheduling...

Maybe the small fees will be a nice warm up or something. Idk...
Jeez, what did I do to deserve this? Are you talking about Holy Smash and NOOB 3? I already knew those tournaments were there, and I didn't see how my tournament could hurt them. A $5 ($10 if you enter both events) Melee tournament isn't going to hurt a brawl tournament 2 weeks down the road. Neither is it going to hurt NOOB 3, which is near the end of the month; at least 3 weeks away.

If there is any tournaments that is actually close to mine then please tell me and I will try to arrange my event accordingly. I always try to fit my my events a good distance away from others.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
There is WATO 11 at NLL with Cecil on soon also, I'm just meh about it. I am hoping to attend NOOB 3 and I am also hoping there will be a nice turnout as well

#HBC | Dancer

Me and john just drove by an engineering firm called Astronics
. . . Please don't tell me you were on Ingenuity Drive. . .

There is WATO 11 at NLL with Cecil on soon also, I'm just meh about it. I am hoping to attend NOOB 3 and I am also hoping there will be a nice turnout as well
Okay thanks for the heads up.

So it is true that July is pretty jam packed with tournaments, but still, even that tournament is two weeks away. A pretty good distance from now and then, especially considering that my tournament only costs $5. But still, I now also realize that WATO might be moved back, so I have to take that into consideration. If enough people want me to, I'll move my tournament back a week. I'm just afraid that that might mess people up, plus it only gives them a week.

Everyone let me know what you think about this. Should I move my tournament back a week, or is it good as it is?

Vijin

Smash Ace
I already requested off for the current date. I might have be able to make the current date because I MIGHT have tbaby-sitting duty, but if it's moved back I definitely won't be able to make it. Walmart sh*ts on schedules.

But do what you think will bring the best turn out. It's your 2nd attempt at a tournament; do what you have to do to make it a tournament rather than just a smashfest!

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
KUYA, YOU, ME, SWORDS, = TEAM LARNTH

Dark Sonic, we should do Marth dittos for a few matches again. Helps me learn the matchup. I don't approach with full hop fairs anymore! :D

Also, Sworddancer!
Put me down for a set-up!
TV+CUBE+MELEE

Also, if you still have open tv's by the end, maybe Kuya can bring his...
I love having a 1 setup to 2 people ratio.

3rd is good for me. Move it back a week and it will coincide on the same date as something I'm going to. haha

#HBC | Dancer

So I'm definitely leaning towards having this tournament on the 3rd, it seems to be the best date for everyone and I really don't see my tournament hurting the attendance of others.

Nice to hear what team I'm on Ace, hope the fact that I don't main Marth anymore hurts this. :)

Also Dark please do bring Project M.

This tournament still needs more hype, I don't want people like Vijin coming all that way just for a smashfest!

TNT, Lake Mary, and even WATO should come!

Kou1030

Smash Cadet
will try to make it if not working, and ill try to bring some of gville too

Vijin

Smash Ace
Walmart denied my request off but I still might be able to make it. I only work till one, but I might be able to get off at 12 and that'll give us 2 hrs to get to your place.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Haha!
"Yeah Vision, your fox is much to ghey... it'll be better if you stay here at Walmart on that day."

Top Bottom