• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

70% Reflected Metal blade Combo by Dr Mario

Megaman765

Smash Rookie
What the- Ok first off this happened during a random livestream I was doing and it shocked me. My live reaction (and a fun animated reaction) are included in this video. Just watch.

So I wanted to drop my metal blade on the guy as he got back up to hopefully get him into a real nasty spot however I ended up getting the dropped blade reflected and it trapped Megaman. I can't tell if Dr Mario landed his up B to keep me stuck in there but this is kind of scary for Megaman mains (And scary for possible doubles match ups that could abuse this with some experimenting!)

The scary part is there was plenty of time to go up to Megaman and finish him off with a back air or something along those lines I bet.

EDIT: A friend of mine gave a more detailed explanation in the comments.

Explanation:
Metal Blade only hits up to twice... normally. However this counter resets when Metal Blade changes directions. Normally this isn't an issue because it simply won't, however when z-dropped and reflected you can see it rise, reach it's apex and fall while in contact with Mega. It also does double damage when reflected.

So here's where all that damage came from:
-Metal blade hits twice on the way up.
-Metal Blade reaches it's apex and hits Mega 1-2 times again during it's apex.
-Metal Blade falls and hits twice again.
-dr. mario's up B does in fact hit Mega.

Last edited:

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Whelp... I'm no z-dropping any metal blades on the good doctor anymore o.o

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure how much the Doc factors in as I don't main him, but the Metal Blade does about 5-6% per hit, if it hits multiple times (varies depending on the character) plus being powered up by the reflect, it's natural it'll do a lot of damage.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't know what to tell you, but I imagine having a saw blade tossed back at your head wouldn't tickle.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
That's nuts. lol

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure Mario (and by extension Dr Mario) are among his hardest MU's imo.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Marios that know what they're doing, and know the MU, are extremely hard to beat. :(
I actually made a list of characters that some of my mains should KEEP AWAY FROM, and Mario is in that list for Megaman (at least for me).

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Since Mega man's z-drop metal blades goes upward when Mario uses his cape. Will it do the same thing if someone like fox reflects it?

Top Bottom