• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

75m and Mario Bros. WHY?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Meh, I like those stages to an extent due to the awesomeness of the original games.

Other than that, they both stink, in my opinion. I mean, 75m is my least favorite stage of all time. It's so big, chaotic, random, and annoying. Hard to play any good matches on there, even when you decide to not take it seriously. Mario Bros is simply item spam the whole time. Only real way to win on it. Of course SAKURAI must think it's fun.

Maybe he did all of this stuff to smash in order to have some fun messing with competitive smash? Who knows...

Kaabi

Smash Cadet
I agree. Being so big makes it already quite different, but throwing all these random effects doesn't make it so fun to play. It also didn't have much of a nostalgia factor for me... I guess I expected the first stage where DK was throwing the barrels.
Mario Bros. on the other hand really has a nostalgia factor to it, but it all depends whether you can use the turtles and the crabs.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
-Rumble Falls (Brawl bramble blast sucks, listen to the original to see what i mean)
When I saw these words, I thought the world was going to end. But no, anyting that lives just died by these words right hear. T_T

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Omgooosh I cant believe anyone hasn't said this yet...

Ohhh Ill tell you ALL why....

The man we love and adore..

"Sakurai"

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
75m is not that bad of stage. It's big with a lot of platforms, and the trampolines + Donkey Kong are easily avoided. It can actually be a pretty fun stage.

... But Mario Bros. God, I just hate this stage. Koopa shells and Crabs are wtfhaxx when it comes to their knockback power.

KHSigma

Smash Rookie
75m was probably put in because including 75m there are only 3 big stages.( 75m, New Pork City, and Hyrule Temple) Mario Bros. is a stage where you are supposed to hit the crabs, and turtles and throw them at each other. Its a small game in brawl. Hanenbow just sucks.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
75m and Mario Bros. are the worst Super Smash Brothers stages I have ever seen. There are a ton of stages that were worthy. But no. Let's pick the really big ones with horrible sounds, music, graphics and randomization. Let's make it frustrating too and throw a whole bunch of random **** in there. What is your opinion on this and what stages do you think they can be replaced by?
Do you mean from Melee? Dreamland and Rumble Falls (For the music!) xD

Ange

Smash Lord
If it is something I cant stand, its these two stages. 75m just have the most awkward stage design ever if you would like to take some serious matches, same with Mario Bros. They both have EXTREMELY ANNOYING overpowered hazards which pretty much kills you just by looking at them. P:

They can probably be hilarious to play on for fun, but for me... nothnxlol.

sro2

Smash Rookie
I don't enjoy either of them, too hard for me to move around in 75m.
But if you could drop through the platforms...
I would consider it.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i kinda like mario brothers its a funny stage to play sometimes cuz all you do is chuck the koopas and crabs at everyone even though im competitive i still kinda like that stage
75m is garbadge

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
For some ****ed up reason i love 75m O.o i have no idea why... i just LOVE it when i play for fun... Mario bros sucks tough

Neo Metal Sonic

Smash Cadet
I second your remark about 75m, it's funny to play, especially when I toss someone at the original DK :D

But i disagree for Mario Bros. - it's fun and trains your refelxes. Tell you what - I cleared it within 3 minutes, while I fought against 3 Level 9 CPUs and each of us had 8 lives! How's that?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Gah, I haaaate the 75m there are too many platforms that are too small and those stupid fires near the ladders are extremely annoying.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I only like 75m because of the noble series that it represents. As a Smash level though, it sucks pretty hard. The worst part about it (IMHO) isn't even the terrible level set-up or the hazards, it's the fact that THE MUSIC IS CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTED BY THE SOUND OF DK STEPPING INTO THE FOREGROUND!! Why have a sound effect that completely ruins the soundtrack every 10 seconds?! why?!!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
These two stages are novelty stages. Those games on the NES were two of nintendo's greatest games ever. They're also fun to play on in friendlies.....lighten up a little bit.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Those places aren't that bad... you just happen to be more cautious.
Although DDD can chain you to death, heavy characters suffer a little. It happens to be there to make you enjoy the gimmick stages more. :) or does it jk.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I like these 2 stages for fun, they're very nostalgic, and I think it was creative to put them into Smash. Mario Bros. can get a little ******** though, I wish the turtles and crabs didn't kill so quickly.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I think the design team just ran out of ideas and so they threw them in the game, as for hanenbow the game was bad the stage was good, it seems to piss everyone off but me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario Bros. does add some twists to the match. Although mostly for casual play, it does get intense when players start hurling Shellcreepers and Sidesteppers at each other.

Top Bottom