• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, Wolf may be considered a semi-clone by some (which is think is an overstatement), but no one looks as savage and frightening as Wolf does.

Plus, I prefer his Reflector over Fox's

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yeah, Wolf may be considered a semi-clone by some (which is think is an overstatement), but no one looks as savage and frightening as Wolf does.

Plus, I prefer his Reflector over Fox's
I don't think it's a overstatement, I consider characters like Wolf, Lucas, Toon Link, and Luigi to be semiclones not that it's a bad thing to be honest. It's clear those characters were made based off the original and have some similarities to them but we're also changed enough to give them their own identity hence semiclone. Just my opinion though, it seems like clone has way to big of a negative connotation.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I don't think it's a overstatement, I consider characters like Wolf, Lucas, Toon Link, and Luigi to be semiclones not that it's a bad thing to be honest. It's clear those characters were made based off the original and have some similarities to them but we're also changed enough to give them their own identity hence semiclone. Just my opinion though, it seems like clone has way to big of a negative connotation.
I second this. Imo, there's way too much hatred toward clones(especially Dark Pit), when in reality, they were put in because the more character choices, the better(to an extent). Pitoo didn't steal Shrek/Isaac/Snake's spot in the CSS, he took the one as a pit alt costume.

Yay first post

EDIT: I've been watching Advent Children to swell the hype. It's really good, anyone know where I can watch the complete version for free?

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I second this. Imo, there's way too much hatred toward clones(especially Dark Pit), when in reality, they were put in because the more character choices, the better(to an extent). Pitoo didn't steal Shrek/Isaac/Snake's spot in the CSS, he took the one as a pit alt costume.

Yay first post

EDIT: I've been watching Advent Children to swell the hype. It's really good, anyone know where I can watch the complete version for free?
So much this by a hundred times. People always say in disgust and call Sakurai dumb or use it as justification for wanting their own ****ty clones and ignore the fact Lucina in stuff were literally last minute additions that didn't take anyone's spot.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with clones either. Didn't have an issue with Lucas or Roy being DLC and I wouldn't with Wolf. But I would absolutely detest buying a character like Young Link or Pichu or Dark Pit, who offer pretty much zero advantages over their original iterations

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't really have a problem with clones either. Didn't have an issue with Lucas or Roy being DLC and I wouldn't with Wolf. But I would absolutely detest buying a character like Young Link or Pichu or Dark Pit, who offer pretty much zero advantages over their original iterations
Ehh Y. Link or T. Link are arguably better because faster and I believe minor different properties with specials and of course different tilts and aerials. T. Link has a lot more set ups too I think. Assuming this would be Y. Link if not for Toon.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Ehh Y. Link or T. Link are arguably better because faster and I believe minor different properties with specials and of course different tilts and aerials. T. Link has a lot more set ups too I think. Assuming this would be Y. Link if not for Toon.
Minor differences in move properties (especially in the case of Dark Pit and Pichu, where the differences simply make them indisputably worse characters) aren't worth paying extra for is what I'm saying.

I wouldn't call Toon Link's mechanical differences from Link "minor", though I wouldn't call him a semi-clone either

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I main toon link and pitoo, even if link and pit are the better characters. They just fit me better. That said, I most definitely wouldn't buy Dark Pit for 4-5$ when the differences for me are as minuscule as a better voice.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Just finished Advent Children. It was good, but it felt like a lot of the story was unexplained. Do I have to play ff7 to know what's going on? (Except for the odvious stuff like knowing who aerith and zack are). Def going to be using Advent Children Cloud from now on.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I main toon link and pitoo, even if link and pit are the better characters. They just fit me better. That said, I most definitely wouldn't buy Dark Pit for 4-5$ when the differences for me are as minuscule as a better voice.
Link is not better than Tink. Link lacks the speed necessary for anything. His movements are subpar - jump squat is abysmally slow preventing any close escapes from the air - his fastest attack (jab) starts at frame 7! His spam game is nowhere near as potent as Tink's. Tink can simply float around the map tossing projectIles. Link simply cannot. If Link gets rushed down, hes in big trouble. Tink is fast enough to weave in and out of harms way even while attacking. And the biggest thing is Tink has kill confirms off of both bombs and boomerang -> F-air. Link has set-ups through his projectiles but are nowhere near as reliable.

Link and Tink overall try to accomplish the same thing but Tink does it better. If Link had better CQC - something the Link Boards have been praying for since forever - Link would probably actually be better as he'd be more sword oriented. But all Sakurai has done to his CQC is nerf it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Calling him a clone is kind of an exaggeration, don't you think?
Yeah, I was a litte. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have called Wolf a clone

Even more unique that Toon Link (who, might I add, isn't all the unique really.):135:

Yes, they ARE based on Fox's specials, but they are too different in function and properties to even call him semi-clone;
  • His Blaster is much slower and has so much less range, but has more damage, hitstun and is much bigger in size, allowing you to even hit crouching opponents with it. Also, the gun has a hitbox.
  • Wolf Flash is diagonal, has a meteor sweetspot and instead of making it shorter, pressing B again makes it fully horizontal at the cost of losing the sweetspot. Considering that Fox and Falco lost their ability to shorten their side specials, I'm not sure if Wolf would keep the property or lose it as well.
  • Fire Wolf is a multi-hit with much less startup, but the startup itself has no hitboxes. Also, there's no fire in that one, with the name simply being a play on words because he "fires" himself.
  • Reflector does NOT slow down his fall and does not make a reflected projectile stronger, but instead makes it nearly twice as fast. It also has some invincibility frame before the Reflector comes out, making it some sort of counter as well. Sure, Fox was a main inspiration, but the differences are more than large enough to make "semi-clone" an exaggeration.

Every single move but his specials are completely unique to him (although dash attack is likely based on Fox's up smash)
This is the reason why I actually think Wolf is one of the greatest clones of all. Because this is how clones should be done. Having nearly a complete unique moveset with special that are based of the original but act completely differently

Again, I should apologise for calling Wolf a clone. It was very uncalled for. I'm just such a huge Young Link supporter.

Young Link would be interesting, but we already have two Links...
Yeah, i guess. Shame really.........

:135:

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Holy cow, if Cloud had me hyped, Corrin has me using Limit Break Hype. Hopefully this should appease the Tiki supporters around here.

At least the community was right around here about Limit Break charging like KO Punch AND via Down B. I'm down for this. Finishing Touch looks ridiculous.

Bayonetta...? Darn it, Europe! I guess some people will be happy, but I for one dread having to fight that ridiculousness.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Bayonetta shocked me but Corrin didnt. But none of that matters...

Cuz Cloud's coming TONIGHT!!!

jet56

Smash Journeyman
wow, smashboards is getting swamped right now, and i can't even get on eshop right now. not that it matters, cloud hasn't been released yet.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Bayonetta? Really?
My disappointment in her inclusion is only barely outweighed by my hype for Cloud.

D

Deleted member

So...Cloud is coming tonight? Because someone told me next year and idk who to believe.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I feel a little disappointed with Corrin and Bayonetta. Though less with Corrin, plus he still looks cool. though i think I will stick with the original avatar character :4robinm:

And now with this video, I am even more interested in playing Cloud.

:135:

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Corrin killed my hype. Bayonetta brought my hype back to life, though. I would've rather had Dante, but Bayo looks awesome. Definitely gonna use the Jeanne color. And I haven't even played the Bayonetta games.

Also, this may sound weird, but I am so happy there's a sleeveless Advent Children alt. I always wanted one for Dissidia, but I couldn't even find mods for it. That's my main alt now.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
We did it guys. We lived.

I also voted for Corrin to get in smash before IF came out. This is a good day for me.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Man, that was just... what the hell?
Thank God for Cloud. I was already going to be satisfied no matter what due to his inclusion, but damn... I didn't expect everything else to be so underwhelming.

Smash now has 6 Fire Emblem characters, the same amount as Pokemon. Pokemon.
At least the character himself looks neat. But really, FE having so many playable characters just doesn't sit well with me.

And Bayoneta winning the ballot in Europe and being in the top five in North America is simply unbelievable. Nintendo has no reason to lie about the results, yet what they are saying is impossible for me to believe. I'm so confused.

Like I said, Cloud saves this game's DLC from ending on a very, very low (and confusing) note for me. Can't wait until he is released. Still no confirmed exact time?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to download Cloud since it's my day off from work due to a doctor's appointment I'm going to.

Corrin and Bayonetta looks amazing (though I prefer her original design from the first Bayonetta game).

Overall, that was one hell of a final presentation right there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom